Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

yamdankee posted:

Hasn't led me to any treasure yet, though. :smith:
*~* The real treasure is the friendship you made along the way *~*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Scratch-O posted:

Related question: is it possible to light up the shrouded forest permanently? I beat the shrine but it's still dark. Please tell me there aren't any Korok seeds in there.
Not that I've found.

I'm a bit grumpy that you can't just use a fire weapon as a torch.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

yamdankee posted:

What I can't STAND is those random friends/couples that are close to death, you save their lives, and instead of expressing any kind of appreciation they say, "Oh, we're just looking for X mushrooms, butterflies, etc" - and they go back to looking around, totally clueless. I think I actually said, "Idiots..." out loud a couple times haha.

In the case of single people, you can get a reward for saving them if they haven't been knocked out. If it's two people, you can still get a reward from one of them (not both), but neither of them can be knocked out for that to happen (I think), and I think in your case you have to talk to them pretty soon after or they'll forget and go back to their default text that they were slinging your way.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

Not that I've found.

I'm a bit grumpy that you can't just use a fire weapon as a torch.

You can use a fire arrow as a torch though, as long as you nock it and never fire.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

3 shrines left... I know where one of them is, the one with the ball in Kakariko village.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

3 shrines left... I know where one of them is, the one with the ball in Kakariko village.

That Kakariko one requires you to be an especially helpful member of the Sheikah tribe - for easy reference of which quests there are available in Kakariko, there's a book of "villager complaints" by the entrance to Impa's dwelling.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

There's also a Kakariko quest at night in someone's house which is super easy to miss.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dad Jokes posted:

There's also a Kakariko quest at night in someone's house which is super easy to miss.

Pretty sure this one is listed in the book too. Everything you have to do is in the book.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Pretty sure this one is listed in the book too. Everything you have to do is in the book.

It is.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I want to play Mario Kart, but I can't put down Zelda...

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I found out by playing Mario Kart that I have a desyncing left Joycon. This wouldn't be a big thing (I mean it desyncs pretty badly; three times in one race at a four foot distance with no aquariums or electronics or anything around) since I almost always play my Switch in handheld mode but it was ruining Mario Kart so I called Nintendo and they said, "Yeah that's pretty bad, send it in." But I forgot that I am going to the beach for two weeks next week. So I can't send it in or I won't be able to play Zelda at the beach. (The lady on the line was like, "No worries, you can still play Mario Kart with only one Joycon!" But Zelda, woman. ZEL-DA.)

Any experience sending in Joycons for repair and how fast the turnaround usually is?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The Lobster posted:

Any experience sending in Joycons for repair and how fast the turnaround usually is?
Not that it's terribly helpful, but my left Joycon desynched every day for a week, then stopped. Only had it desync one or twice before and once or twice since. I think they're just super finnicky?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lakbay posted:

Does the ancient armor set bonus increase durability and/or damage for ancient and/or guardian weapons? Where's a good place to farm guardians? Forgotten Temple?

Major Tests of Strength, the turrets don't drop what you need. Also theres that semi-hidden spot in the upper right Labyrinth which has a lot of Guardians hidden underground. Just go through each of them and should have enough. You should have more than enough bolts/screws/whatever and might be a little low on Ancient Cores (I had just enough Giant Ancient Cores which are only from chests iirc, but was lacking about 5 Ancient Cores to max upgrade everything somehow)

It only increases both Ancient/Guardian weapon damage by 80% but not durability. This also stacks with +3 Attack Potions/food so you'll do insane damage, unlike Barbarian armor which does not stack with attack potions/food.

Also please don't wear the dunce cap of shame when fighting Gannon. Sexy gerudo armor or GTFO (seriously the boss is really easy and you will have the ugly dunce cap of shame during the cutscenes)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Holy poo poo, gently caress the Toto Sah shrine, jesus loving christ I hate this motion control poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Holy poo poo, gently caress the Toto Sah shrine, jesus loving christ I hate this motion control poo poo.
I don't remember which one that is, but yeah all the motion control shrines were awful, but mostly because it seemed the Gamepad never had any orientation or syncing with how the actual board looked so I was constantly playing loving Twister contorting my arms and body into random directions trying to figure out how I need to move the gamepad to get poo poo to turn right. If the gamepad actually worked right, maybe they would have been kind of interesting. I dunno if I was just doing something wrong but it was loving painful.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Xaris posted:

I don't remember which one that is, but yeah all the motion control shrines were awful, but mostly because it seemed the Gamepad never had any orientation or syncing with how the actual board looked so I was constantly playing loving Twister contorting my arms and body into random directions trying to figure out how I need to move the gamepad to get poo poo to turn right. If the gamepad actually worked right, maybe they would have been kind of interesting. I dunno if I was just doing something wrong but it was loving painful.

It's not just you, the control is super unintuitive.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

The Lobster posted:

I found out by playing Mario Kart that I have a desyncing left Joycon. This wouldn't be a big thing (I mean it desyncs pretty badly; three times in one race at a four foot distance with no aquariums or electronics or anything around) since I almost always play my Switch in handheld mode but it was ruining Mario Kart so I called Nintendo and they said, "Yeah that's pretty bad, send it in." But I forgot that I am going to the beach for two weeks next week. So I can't send it in or I won't be able to play Zelda at the beach. (The lady on the line was like, "No worries, you can still play Mario Kart with only one Joycon!" But Zelda, woman. ZEL-DA.)

If you have a screwdriver that can get around the tri-head screws on the joycon (I used one with a tiny head), you might be able to fix it yourself with the foam fix; it worked for me. You don't need special conductive foam like the article implies, just normal foam. I suspect the problem is that the desync happens when the wire inside touches the board, and the foam prevents that from happening.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Argue posted:

If you have a screwdriver that can get around the tri-head screws on the joycon (I used one with a tiny head), you might be able to fix it yourself with the foam fix; it worked for me. You don't need special conductive foam like the article implies, just normal foam. I suspect the problem is that the desync happens when the wire inside touches the board, and the foam prevents that from happening.

Sadly I don't have a tri-head screwdriver and not one that small for sure. All my screwdrivers are Phillips, Slotted, Square, Allen, or Torx. I thought I had everything pretty much covered with those but I guess not. My dad is pretty handy (or he used to be before his arthritis got really bad) so I've always enjoyed buying him gadget-y things like screwdriver sets. Even after the arthritis they were a guaranteed birthday or Christmas hit. It appears I have failed us, however.

Bob Socko posted:

Not that it's terribly helpful, but my left Joycon desynched every day for a week, then stopped. Only had it desync one or twice before and once or twice since. I think they're just super finnicky?

I probably jumped the gun calling Nintendo but it was so bad during those races that I figured I'd bite the bullet and get it over with as soon as possible. As I noted up above I can't do it myself. If I had known it might go away I probably would have held off until I got back from vacation to see if it kept it up over that time frame.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

The Lobster posted:

Sadly I don't have a tri-head screwdriver and not one that small for sure. All my screwdrivers are Phillips, Slotted, Square, Allen, or Torx. I thought I had everything pretty much covered with those but I guess not. My dad is pretty handy (or he used to be before his arthritis got really bad) so I've always enjoyed buying him gadget-y things like screwdriver sets. Even after the arthritis they were a guaranteed birthday or Christmas hit. It appears I have failed us, however.

Yeah, the specific tri-head screwdriver for the joycons is proprietary, or really obscure, I think. What I meant was that I used a tiny flat head screwdriver, and while it wasn't as easy as using the correct kind, it turned out not to be a lot of trouble to unscrew the thing open. Doesn't appear to be any damage to the screws either.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

yamdankee posted:

Everyone seems to have something that bothers them. I don't personally have an issue with Yiga popping up all the time. I also haven't had a problem with any of the quests, etc.

What I can't STAND is those random friends/couples that are close to death, you save their lives, and instead of expressing any kind of appreciation they say, "Oh, we're just looking for X mushrooms, butterflies, etc" - and they go back to looking around, totally clueless. I think I actually said, "Idiots..." out loud a couple times haha.

Needless to say, every time I see "Get away, brute!" or something like that, and they're struggling, I smugly ride by on my horse, totally aloof. :smug:

VVV Thanks for the affirmation, means a lot. lol

The dumbfucks are bad, the people who have their events trigger when you're not remotely near them/paying attention and then get pissy when you actually find them for the first time pre-knocked-out are worse.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I just found a sledgehammer with a +22 Attack Power boost - guess it's time for a Talus hunt! :black101:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Xaris posted:

Major Tests of Strength, the turrets don't drop what you need. Also theres that semi-hidden spot in the upper right Labyrinth which has a lot of Guardians hidden underground. Just go through each of them and should have enough. You should have more than enough bolts/screws/whatever and might be a little low on Ancient Cores (I had just enough Giant Ancient Cores which are only from chests iirc, but was lacking about 5 Ancient Cores to max upgrade everything somehow)

It only increases both Ancient/Guardian weapon damage by 80% but not durability. This also stacks with +3 Attack Potions/food so you'll do insane damage, unlike Barbarian armor which does not stack with attack potions/food.

Also please don't wear the dunce cap of shame when fighting Gannon. Sexy gerudo armor or GTFO (seriously the boss is really easy and you will have the ugly dunce cap of shame during the cutscenes)

Hyrule has already been saved, I wore Canon Link: champion's tunic, hylian trousers, and amber earrings; used master sword, hylian shield, and royal bow

What a game, I think it might be my GotY so far.

I don't if I want to keep playing though, I did 120 shrines but the side quests and Kilton's boss monster genocide don't seem terribly interesting

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

That Kakariko one requires you to be an especially helpful member of the Sheikah tribe - for easy reference of which quests there are available in Kakariko, there's a book of "villager complaints" by the entrance to Impa's dwelling.

Besides this Kakariko shrine, I have one left I'm missing and I have no idea where the gently caress it is. :(

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Besides this Kakariko shrine, I have one left I'm missing and I have no idea where the gently caress it is. :(

Do you have all 42/42 Shrine Quests completed? I found that the hardest ones to locate were the ones that didn't ping the radar, since for those you need to find the npc and that's not always as easy to notice.

Have you found that one mysterious graveyard? Gone beachcombing for runes? Done all of Kass's quests? Gone sand-seal racing? Found all 13 shrines in the Hebra mountains map zone?

I actually MISSED Kass for one shrine quest and found him in the jungle AFTER I had done the shrine, and so when I talked to him he gave me the quest and told me I'd completed it all in one go. I was at 120 Shrines and yet I had 41/41 Shrine Quests marked completed and it was driving me mildly bonkers for a bit.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Do you have all 42/42 Shrine Quests completed? I found that the hardest ones to locate were the ones that didn't ping the radar, since for those you need to find the npc and that's not always as easy to notice.

Have you found that one mysterious graveyard? Gone beachcombing for runes? Done all of Kass's quests? Gone sand-seal racing? Found all 13 shrines in the Hebra mountains map zone?

I actually MISSED Kass for one shrine quest and found him in the jungle AFTER I had done the shrine, and so when I talked to him he gave me the quest and told me I'd completed it all in one go. I was at 120 Shrines and yet I had 41/41 Shrine Quests marked completed and it was driving me mildly bonkers for a bit.

It says I'm at 40/42 shrine quests, with one being the Stolen Heirloom one in Kakariko, and the other seems to be the Spring of Wisdom but I already did that one, just haven't found who I need to talk to to "complete" it...

so still missing 1 shrine. :(

edit: found who I needed to talk to for the spring of wisdom. so now at 41/42. so it's not a shrine quest I'm missing.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 5, 2017

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Where are you guys seeing the XX/42 counter? There's nothing on my quest log that gives me an indication of how many are done.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

lifts cats over head posted:

Where are you guys seeing the XX/42 counter? There's nothing on my quest log that gives me an indication of how many are done.

Go to the list of shrine quests, on the right under the description of whichever one you have highlighted it should show a counter below.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I can't remember for sure if the shrine in Gerudo Desert where you light the four torches had a shrine quest associated with it, but I don't think it did. It stands out in my mind during my shrine hunt because it didn't show up on the Sheikah Sensor and I had already completed 42/42 shrine quests at the time.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Go to the list of shrine quests, on the right under the description of whichever one you have highlighted it should show a counter below.

It doesn't show until you beat the game, too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

canoshiz posted:

I can't remember for sure if the shrine in Gerudo Desert where you light the four torches had a shrine quest associated with it, but I don't think it did. It stands out in my mind during my shrine hunt because it didn't show up on the Sheikah Sensor and I had already completed 42/42 shrine quests at the time.

Got that one. I looked at a map of all the shrines and I still can't figure out which one I'm missing.

Alxprit posted:

It doesn't show until you beat the game, too.

Ah didn't know that.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 5, 2017

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Got that one. I looked at a map of all the shrines and I still can't figure out which one I'm missing.

Ah didn't know that.

Here's a shrine quest list, that I believe is in the same order as the Quest Log. It helped me find the one I was "missing" after cross-referencing the actual quest:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75113679

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Evil Badman posted:

Here's a shrine quest list, that I believe is in the same order as the Quest Log. It helped me find the one I was "missing" after cross-referencing the actual quest:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75113679

I'm not missing a shrine quest. Well I am, but I know it's the stolen heirloom in kakariko village. I'm missing one last shrine besides that. Maybe I'm blind looking at a map of all shrines in the game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

My final one was on a cliff near the big chasm in the northwest, hidden in a big grotto-thing under one of those big black rock slabs you have to lift with octo-balloons.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Is there a checklist for the shrine/side quests yet? I had fun making one for the figure gallery in Wind Waker HD, so I could probably throw one together after finals.

I'm not missing a shrine quest. Well I am, but I know it's the stolen heirloom in kakariko village. I'm missing one last shrine besides that. Maybe I'm blind looking at a map of all shrines in the game.

You could go down the IGN list (which I think is sorted by region) and just check them off one by one until you find the one(s) that aren't on your map.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ometeotl posted:

My final one was on a cliff near the big chasm in the northwest, hidden in a big grotto-thing under one of those big black rock slabs you have to lift with octo-balloons.

You can move them with stasis or bombs too.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
I was thinking today that a great way to make horses more useful would be to give them the ability to drag heavy things for you.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

socialsecurity posted:

I was thinking today that a great way to make horses more useful would be to give them the ability to drag heavy things for you.

We need climbing horses, imho

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

Or a pegasus

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

socialsecurity posted:

Dear Nintendo, please put the Just Cause 2 grappling hook into Breath of the Wild, thanks.

WalrusWhiskers fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

weird Asian candy posted:

Here have mine