Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Chris James 2 posted:

Shibata had another surgery May 2. Shibata before:

translated from his blog posted:

quote:

It is a miracle to live now. I had my skull removed in my last surgery. I have another surgery at 2017.5.2, and I will return. Everyday, using pain stopper 3 to 4 times, I endure the pain. I can hardly see the right eye right now. Currently, the hearing ability of the right ear is not normal and the sound is broken and heard.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah probably meant to say he had his skull opened up once more.

I mean, good he's got a reason to fight back and get to normal once more, but dude needs to never wrestle again.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

It's not uncommon to temporarily remove a chunk of skull to relieve brain swelling. In some people they actually implant it elsewhere in the body to make sure it stays fresh until they put it back in.

Given the rest of his reported symptoms he's lucky to be speaking at this point. But yeah, no more wrestling for that guy please.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Let Dr. Sub-Zero do what he needs to do.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
they're not going to push a non-dojo Japanese guy to the top so that limits their options as far as star making. I guess you could argue they did it with Ibushi but they never let him win a single major match as a heavyweight, not even against fuckin Makabe for the NEVER. anyway that leaves... EVIL and YOSHI-HASHI I guess?

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 5, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I had typed out a bunch of stuff hedging on sanada for that reason but i arrived at the same conclusion that we're left with yoshi-hashi and EVIL as the next guys up and theyre not gonna push yoshi to the top and EVIL's gimmick is too dumb so i deleted it all and put my faith in cold skull

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Sanada is beautiful man

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I dunno Sanada seems like he should be next up but the stuff he's doing right now with Milano AT and Taguchi just doesn't interest me. Give Evil the big push, it's no sillier than Muta was

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Push EVIL. He's young, very good in the ring and his gimmick can be tweaked to make it better.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

here comes the spunk posted:

Push EVIL. He's young, very good in the ring and his gimmick can be tweaked to make it better.

No it can't, it's perfect.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

what about if instead of having laser pointers on one hand, he had laser pointers on two hands?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Kitamura is the guy they are gonna push to the sky.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

his gear: good
hair: good
lasers: good
work: solid
name: passable
thrift store grim reaper outfit and scythe: trash

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Thrifting Day! posted:

Kitamura is the guy they are gonna push to the sky.

Down the road surely, but he's a long way from being at that point yet.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

Down the road surely, but he's a long way from being at that point yet.

Not this year, for sure. But I have a feeling they are going to push him faster and stronger than any other young lion before.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Baron Corbyn posted:

what about if instead of having laser pointers on one hand, he had laser pointers on two hands?

I'm pretty sure he already did that for WK11

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Wrestle Kingdom 16, EVIL comes to the ring dressed entirely in lasers. The lasers also have lasers inside them. It's just lasers everywhere. He loses to Yoshi-Hashi in 13 minutes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thrifting Day! posted:

Not this year, for sure. But I have a feeling they are going to push him faster and stronger than any other young lion before.

He's fairly old compared to the rest of the young lions. He's 31 so that might make his push faster too.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

his scythe can be bigger and also they should make it light up

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

his scythe can be bigger and also they should make it light up

One, EVIL needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever EVIL's not on screen, all the other wrestlers should be asking "Where's EVIL"?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You can mount lasers on a mouth guard right? Boom laser mouth guard for Evil!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you don't like the name Evil for a wrestler. You can gently caress off. It's the most brilliant name of all time. It's peak wrestling.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Echoing calls that Sanada is the one. He reminds me of early Okada - hints of an exceptional worker, but a little robotic and hasn't figured out charisma and the little nuances yet. Give him more time near the top and like Okada I bet he will.

E: Come to think of it, THAT is a good match for Long Beach with Omega because he can job no problem and both guys can have an awesome showcase.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

sigmachiev posted:

Echoing calls that Sanada is the one. He reminds me of early Okada - hints of an exceptional worker, but a little robotic and hasn't figured out charisma and the little nuances yet. Give him more time near the top and like Okada I bet he will.

E: Come to think of it, THAT is a good match for Long Beach with Omega because he can job no problem and both guys can have an awesome showcase.

Plus he had a bad experience with TNA as well!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I believe in SANADA and I also believe in EVIL, I hope those two dudes become top guys in NJPW. It's so great that Naito has two excellent dudes like that as his buddies.

I have no objection to Bushi also being in the company :geno:

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
I briefly met Sanada when I worked a TNA event a few years ago. He is a very attractive human being in person. Based upon these facts, he should be pushed.

Thanks for your time.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Somebody needs to take the pins for LiJ in multimans!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes Sanada. I liked him in TNA and I was pumped to see him join LIJ.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I believe in SANADA and I also believe in EVIL, I hope those two dudes become top guys in NJPW. It's so great that Naito has two excellent dudes like that as his buddies.

I love BUSHI because there's something so unlikable about him without it being that he's terrible like Taichi. He's like the weird annoying kid at school who is inexplicably friends with the cool kids and uses that status to be extra lovely. His theme music is great too.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The_Rob posted:

If you don't like the name Evil for a wrestler. You can gently caress off. It's the most brilliant name of all time. It's peak wrestling.

It's made even better by his finisher also being named Evil. Because, ya know, everything is evil.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
EVIL is boring

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Hace posted:

EVIL is boring

EVIL will always win because good is dumb.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
EVIL is cool and good :colbert:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm behind a SANADA push but I'm worried his hair just isn't tall enough.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Push the Tokyo Pimp guy so I get to hear more Dave and Bryan being distracted while recording WOR.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm behind a SANADA push but I'm worried his hair just isn't tall enough.

I'm worried that he's going to get a cease and desist from Bull Nakano soon

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I'd be ok with a Yujiro push if they brought back his old music. I spent months enjoying Yujiro after getting back into pro-graps and it was entirely cuz of his old theme.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i kind of want to get my los ingobernables hat signed by naito, sanada, bushi, and evil at the roh show next week but it'd literally be $20 per signature and i'm just not sure bushi has done enough to earn my 20 bucks

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

i kind of want to get my los ingobernables hat signed by naito, sanada, bushi, and evil at the roh show next week but it'd literally be $20 per signature and i'm just not sure bushi has done enough to earn my 20 bucks

I don't think I could bring myself to ask for the other four signatures but not his with him sitting there. I'm not saying I'd want his signature, just that I would feel cruel not asking for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

If you are going to get all the B rate Ingobernable autographs you shouldn't stop short.

• Locked thread