Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm pretty sure just a burger at Five Guys costs like $10 here in California. Not really worth it when I could go to a better burger place for about the same price (or just make a burger). I'll only go to Five Guys if I specifically want some of their fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

I will say that like. the prices at fast food places are getting crazy. at the rest stop BK the bacon king was like $6.75 for just the sandwich. that poo poo aint even real meat. loving crazy margins

we won't be able to use a burger as the price equivalent to a cheap Steam sale deal anymore

Yeah, a Big Mac being cheap hasn't been a thing since Obama took office and now they're even phasing out the dollar menu. I only go to McDonalds a few times a year and it's ridonkulous that it's like 8 bucks for a sandwich combo meal and even basic cheeseburger is up to a dollar now. I could run into Publix and get a tray of freshly-made sushi for like five bucks and it would probably take less time than the drive-thru, y'all goofed up at some point.

It's especially silly watching The Founder (it was just OK but Ron Swanson as one of the McDonalds brothers was awesome) since the entire reason McDonalds even became a thing was because it was fast and cheap and now neither of those apply to it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm so stoked that I'm adding extra letters to things...

For real, though, I'm guessing they put everything they had into recreating scenes from the movie in like, whatever game engine (probably the Unreal whatever) so they could pitch it to Coppola, who was like "wow, if you can get funding we can collaborate on this" and then... well, they couldn't, because everyone who gives a poo poo about Apocalypse Now doesn't really care about movie tie-in games, and the people who drop $60 bucks on every new CoD aren't going to drop more than $120 dollars for some single player thing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Guy Mann posted:

Yeah, a Big Mac being cheap hasn't been a thing since Obama took office and now they're even phasing out the dollar menu. I only go to McDonalds a few times a year and it's ridonkulous that it's like 8 bucks for a sandwich combo meal and even basic cheeseburger is up to a dollar now. I could run into Publix and get a tray of freshly-made sushi for like five bucks and it would probably take less time than the drive-thru, y'all goofed up at some point.

It's especially silly watching The Founder (it was just OK but Ron Swanson as one of the McDonalds brothers was awesome) since the entire reason McDonalds even became a thing was because it was fast and cheap and now neither of those apply to it.

In the 2000s the public rhetoric around healthy food (e.g. Super Size Me, Fast Food Nation) pinched McDonald's, and also with the rise of fast casual they decided to chase after that market since that's where the alpha consumers were going or some poo poo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Fast casual"? "Alpha consumers"?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
"Feast Casual?!"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

Hobby-grade,

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Alpha consumers are the taste-makers and influencers.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
$6.50 for a cheese burger combo at In and Out. Pretty decent, usually get it once every week or two. I used to like Five Guys a lot but burnt out on it because we had one next to the office and went like 3 times a week. Now I feel like it's all too greasy, including the fries.

We also have Whataburger and P.Terry's in Austin and they're both solid choices over McD's or BK's.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bloodychill posted:

$6.50 for a cheese burger combo at In and Out. Pretty decent, usually get it once every week or two. I used to like Five Guys a lot but burnt out on it because we had one next to the office and went like 3 times a week. Now I feel like it's all too greasy, including the fries.

We also have Whataburger and P.Terry's in Austin and they're both solid choices over McD's or BK's.

Do you fucks with the animal style? Cause I fucks with the animal style.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Name most chains and they're probably not in new jersey. it's a fun game, for people who dont live in new jersey

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Name most chains and they're probably not in new jersey. it's a fun game, for people who dont live in new jersey

White Castle

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think Sonic has pretty good burgers.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A Sonic appeared in our area for 2 months and then they went out of business and left. that's my Sonic story

did not even exist long enough for the Sonic Cycle to begin

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Do you fucks with the animal style? Cause I fucks with the animal style.

Partner does, not me. I am not about the grilled onions.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish I still lived in a place with White Castle.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm on the medua boss now and I still hate smt4. it's just not very good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I love dying because theres literally no way to know what a boss is weak or strong to until you've been destroyed by it because you need to restructure your entire team every time, loving excellent game design, also the fact that you get wiped out financially when you die is very good too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

Weren't you playing Persona 5

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I beat Persona 5 today. Clocked in at 120 hours, but I don't really a know how I could have shaved 40 hours off my time without skipping most battles and cutscenes. Like the end of most good RPGs I was sad to see it end but I was ready to be done with it. I would have liked to max out Yosuke and Haru's social links to see their transformed Persona, but that's what NG+ (or YouTube) is for.

Now I'm getting ready to fire up Prey and jump into a sci-if exploration full of eye needles and space ghosts.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I know about Sonics is that they more than anything else had made me wish it was illegal to air commercials outside of areas where you actually have locations. Like if I have to see your lovely ads, the least you can do is let me go to you so I can at least know for sure how lovely you are

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Weren't you playing Persona 5

I'm traveling, and can't really bring the PS4 with me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
speaking of fast food chains, hawaii is all excited that they're getting a chipotle without realizing that they get mad about jack in the box being too expensive. and they think they'll eat at fuckin chipotle on the reg

I'm traveling, and can't really bring the PS4 with me.

scrub tier

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You don't go to Sonic for the food.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

stick with it, the difficulty gets way more manageable and the setting infinitely cooler immediately after you get out of naraku

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Can't even skip the prefight cutscenes, smdh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

psychoJ posted:

stick with it, the difficulty gets way more manageable and the setting infinitely cooler immediately after you get out of naraku

so the game will become actually good five hours after a tedious miserable slog, a sign of good game deaign

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you dont like the beginning of SMT4 you wont like the rest of it, probably.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

so the game will become actually good five hours after a tedious miserable slog, a sign of good game deaign

yeah, it's the biggest problem with smt4, atlus really should've tweaked or redesigned that first dungeon more before release. but I do think the rest of that game is v good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

honestly I want good fries as much as i want a good burger. chickies and petes in the NJ/Philly area has really good crab fries. but that's not something you can just do on the regular unless you want to die in 5 years

also our donuts are limited to a bunch of dunkin' donuts and dunkin donuts is not very good i'm sorry. i'm sorry, i'm sorry. they're not good. they're all around me and it's not a good donut place. ITS NOT

anyway games. i started on Slime-san and i'm playing Trails of Cold Steel

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One problem some Shin Megami Tensei games have is that there's no way of knowing what an enemy is weak to or resistant to by looking at them alone, you always gotta trial-and-error it or just have the game tell you directly

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah the difficulty lets up after that first part, but if you think the naraku is a slog, you're going to hate the other dungeons even more

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

One problem some Shin Megami Tensei games have is that there's no way of knowing what an enemy is weak to or resistant to by looking at them alone, you always gotta trial-and-error it or just have the game tell you directly

Persona 3 let you analyze enemies for their weaknesses, but you had to wait like three turns before you got the results, and at that point you probably already found out what it was by casting everything

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not good design

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dunkin Donuts used to have good donuts but they haven't given a poo poo about them in years and the quality these days is awful.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

anyway games. i started on Slime-san and i'm playing Trails of Cold Steel
Cold Steel is really drat good, but the plot doesn't really get going until the very last stretch. Still fun tho!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

psychoJ posted:

Cold Steel is really drat good, but the plot doesn't really get going until the very last stretch. Still fun tho!
that's true of Trails in the Sky too

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
the best donut shops are the ones that open at 4 am for insomniacs like me when your sleep schedules hosed up

blueberry donuts are so drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of funny that Dunkin Donuts' catchphrase used to be an indicator of how important they thought it was that they actually made the donuts fresh in store but now they literally ship them premade and frozen to stores.

• Locked thread