Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I get the hotel vibe from it as well. Like a Motel 6 kind of vibe where everything is cheap, replaceable, and attached so you can clean it out quick and easy whether for quick turnaround or because it has a pretty good chance for being used as a crime scene. It's not a home, it's an investment, and it shows.

I imagine the shelving attached to the wall is probably not attached to studs and will fall over in a month or so, taking the drywall with it.

His bizarre pebble plan thing is straight out of a hotel. Surrounding your tub with rocks is fine when you have maids spritzing them with bleach every day or so, not so much in a home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Amazing

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

with respect

no.

normally this sub is actually genuinely helpful good and cool.

with respect

yes.

many of the good and cool subforums have jokingly derogatory names like You Look Like poo poo or Heavy Petting and

is a loving treasure, DIY should be honored to have such a good name

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kelp Me! posted:

DIY should be honored to have such a good name

Agreed

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

If you haven't checked out that thread's OP, you really should just to get a sense for how wildly off-base that dude was with regards to what looks good.

Like, he had a nice bathroom, and he seriously wanted to change this:

Into this monstrosity:

This picture legitimately bums me out:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, his initial bathroom was really great. The only change I would have made was replacing the jacuzzi tub with a regular tub in the same place.

It's especially crazy that he thought his design would appeal to women more than the original.

Snak has a new favorite as of 00:49 on May 6, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aaand I just noticed the reflection in the mirror...

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

learnincurve posted:

:lol::lol:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I like fart deco more

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

learnincurve posted:

Looks just like most of the autists I've known

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Did Blue Story ever get a followup? (The Pregnant budgetting trainwreck) It was something special to see that unfold, like a modern day Zuarg.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Snak posted:

It's especially crazy that he thought his design would appeal to women more than the original.
I don't have a vagina, and I don't identify as :females: but that original bathroom layout was the platonic ideal of languidly soaking with rose petals, champagne and aromatherapy candles.

Clearly he decided that the panties would be dropping when he regailed his female guests with his original design and DIY vision.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

I don't have a vagina, and I don't identify as :females: but that original bathroom layout was the platonic ideal of languidly soaking with rose petals, champagne and aromatherapy candles.

Clearly he decided that the panties would be dropping when he regailed his female guests with his original design and DIY vision.

It also looks like, from the reflection, that there is a sink an giant counter on each side of the bathroom. His new design has literally less than 1/8th the counter space.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

This isn't quite as good as "nofriendo entertainment system" but it's real good

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
OP came back to his bathroom demolition thread.

bEatmstrJ posted:

You are the worst kind of female.

Its loving semantics, get over it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
All that bathroom needed were some bathroom rugs to keep from slipping, and a little stool for his presumed lady friends to sit to do their makeup on that low counter. I showed my wife and she liked the bathroom, particularly because it's so roomy. Why gently caress it up?

Our bathroom is really hurting for counter space which becomes an issue when my wife is doing her makeup and hair. She'd be in heaven with ten plus feet of counter to deposit her MAC makeup, hair irons, curlers, blow dryers, etc.

All that bathroom needs is a Champaigne fridge :quagmire:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Panfilo posted:

All that bathroom needed were some bathroom rugs to keep from slipping, and a little stool for his presumed lady friends to sit to do their makeup on that low counter. I showed my wife and she liked the bathroom, particularly because it's so roomy. Why gently caress it up?

The best thing about the thread is that he has yet to give a single sensible reason for his renovation project. It's all about vague "aesthetics" and "resale value" and :females: despite his never mentioning any concrete plans to sell the house. He compromised his floor joists for a sunken tub he's admitted he's never going to use, in a house that it doesn't seem like he plans to sell. For all I know, he got infected with some kind of brain parasite that commanded him to start loving up his house to lure its true reproductive hosts, county building inspectors and engineers that advertise on Craigslist.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The layout was a little odd. I probably would have moved the tub from the middle of the room to where one of the sinks is located and take the remaining sink area and add another basin.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

18 Character Limit posted:

His rap sheet is the greatest saga of SA forums.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There already were two sinks

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Captain Hygiene posted:

His rap sheet is the greatest saga of SA forums.

Just the rap sheet itself is loving incredible, but I'm really glad someone (^) showed the actual post for people like me who don't have archives:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

For those on mobile

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Just the rap sheet itself is loving incredible, but I'm really glad someone (^) showed the actual post for people like me who don't have archives:

Sorry for not sharing directly, I wanted to keep the experience fresh because holy poo poo.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Antivehicular posted:

The best thing about the thread is that he has yet to give a single sensible reason for his renovation project. It's all about vague "aesthetics" and "resale value" and :females: despite his never mentioning any concrete plans to sell the house.

Oddly enough, sometimes, people remodel houses for themselves. It's actually OK to spend money on your home and not just for flipping it.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mammal Sauce posted:

Oddly enough, sometimes, people remodel houses for themselves. It's actually OK to spend money on your home and not just for flipping it.

You should read the thread. He said repeatedly that he wasn't remodeling the bathroom for himself, but to lure :females:

He sawed a giant hole in his floor joists to install a sunken bathtub and then said he only takes three baths a year

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh he's actually calling people females

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

All of Quark's charm without the wit.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He's literally got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I guess money can't buy everything!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Bathtub guy was back and then left again because he can't take even a little bit of heat? Now we are never going to get to know what slime molds we could culture from his bath water. Disappointing.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

WrenP-Complete posted:

Bathtub guy was back and then left again because he can't take even a little bit of heat? Now we are never going to get to know what slime molds we could culture from his bath water. Disappointing.

We'll get to read about it later when the headline hits Falling Bathtub Causes Kitchen Gas Explosion! Fungal Cloud Spreads Over Local Neighborhood!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
If he never comes back I will be honestly disappointed not to see pictures of the mold rocks.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

WrenP-Complete posted:

Your image dumps of good nice bathrooms was always a welcome reprieve in that thread, thank you.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Why is everyone getting on him for just wanting to have his say in the home he wants

by building his lovely ideas into the home before meeting the female it's a perfect solution

Also I want to see his hella flush tub really bad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Because his ideas are dumb.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

CharlestheHammer posted:

I imagine him saying to the legitimate, not-sales engineer engineer, "from one engineer to another: I mean how bad could those cuts be. Really."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Elsa posted:

I imagine him saying to the legitimate, not-sales engineer engineer, "from one engineer to another: I mean how bad could those cuts be. Really."

"We can just fix this in post, right?"

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I think the tentacle party would explain the club lyfe bedroom and bathroom. Bathroom says "stable marriage" and you can't have that kind of vibe for tentacle parties.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

aut deco

Rename DIY to this

Seconding this.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CharlestheHammer posted:

This. That original bathroom was beautiful. It legit hurts me to look at those mid-demolition photos. He took a wonderful bathroom and destroyed it to turn it into...... some horrible minimalist modern... just... garbage.

Like I'm legit serious when I say people who enjoy modern design need to be sent to camps. They're all diseased just like bEatmstrJ. That whole architecture and design aesthetic are loving ugly as poo poo and people who like it are bads. They're all bads and they deserve to die. In Hitler's showers.

I. M. Gei has a new favorite as of 08:02 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

This. That original bathroom was beautiful. It legit hurts me to look at those mid-demolition photos. He took a wonderful bathroom and destroyed it to turn it into...... some horrible minimalist modern... just... garbage.

Like I'm legit serious when I say people who enjoy modern design need to be sent to camps. They're all diseased just like bEatmstrJ. That whole architecture and design aesthetic are loving ugly as poo poo and people who like it are bads. They're all bads and they deserve to die. In Hitler's showers.

:shibe: