Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'd say verlander and crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

The Pussy Boss posted:

People on ESPN and Yahoo are adding Matt Cain for his start at Great American Launching Pad. Madness.

LOL no

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

BRITTON HURT

FOREARM

quick brach or o'day?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Brach, if for some reason he's not owned in your league.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Wait did Britton hurt his forearm again?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Literally cant pivk up brach because I dropped him when Britton came back

My team with Miley, Paxton, Britton, Kennedy, CarGo having a great 48 hours.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Moneyball posted:

Kendrys Morales is terrible. Droppable in a 12 team league? When is he going to turn it around so I can be sure to drop him right before he goes 3/4 with 2 HR and 5 RBI

So I dropped him yesterday, and...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

kendrys is actually pretty drat consistently good. he's just really, really streaky.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I definitely didn't want to do it, but he was so consistently doing nothing

e: What should I be asking of someone who wants Thames and Judge? That has to be a substantial return, right?

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 6, 2017

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Glad to see Mark Reynolds is still playing with Desmond off the DL. Desmond's been back 6 games but started 4 of those in the OF, and only 2 at first base. Reynolds was a huge WW pickup for me since the only 1B I drafted in that league was...Greg Bird :ughh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jameson Taillon to the DL. Yelich DTD with groin problems.

Like all my players are injured now. :lol:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

One team is just signing everybody this year

http://www.theonion.com/article/disabled-list-offers-mark-prior-two-year-8-million-5338

related,

http://www.theonion.com/article/mark-prior-just-needs-to-stop-by-hospital-for-a-se-6062

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also Johnny Cueto likely out with a blister on his finger.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

My fantasy team:

Madbum (DL)
Donaldson (DL)
Cargo (DTD)
A-Gon (DL)* literally as I posted he went from DTD to DL
Paxton (DL)
Ian Kennedy (DL)
Matz (DL)

I hate this season.

EDIT: As a warning, I have Eickhoff, Lance Lynn, Pomeranz, and Julio Urias as my remaining alive pitchers. Trade them before they get hurt too.

I also have Zach Britton so :rip:

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I play in a fantasy league with a bunch of old guys (seriously 50s-70s) and it's so fun. They've been doing the league for more than two decades (they had to literally phone in transactions and each monday the weekly results went out in snail mail. The draft is always fun because it's just old dudes talking poo poo to each other.

Anyway, I won the league last year but Jose Fernandez loving died so that sucked.

This year I'm in first again, except 3/5ths (we start five SP, rosters lock weekly) of my rotation (Thor, Kluber, Paxton) are down for the count.

I'm trying to decide what's worse. I mean at least they're all still alive?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah its been a steady stream of losing players over the past week or so for me. Bedrosian, Hamels, Piscotty, now Yellich is DTD.

Its ok though because Bellinger is ridiculous, I'm so glad I jumped on him the second he got called up.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

IMB posted:

I play in a fantasy league with a bunch of old guys (seriously 50s-70s) and it's so fun. They've been doing the league for more than two decades (they had to literally phone in transactions and each monday the weekly results went out in snail mail. The draft is always fun because it's just old dudes talking poo poo to each other.

Anyway, I won the league last year but Jose Fernandez loving died so that sucked.

This year I'm in first again, except 3/5ths (we start five SP, rosters lock weekly) of my rotation (Thor, Kluber, Paxton) are down for the count.

I'm trying to decide what's worse. I mean at least they're all still alive?

I did a fantasy league with my brother and my dad in the mid 90s and it involved me going to the convenience store every Monday to pick up a Baseball Weekly and tabulate the prior week's winners. It was hilarious how much work it required.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

http://nypost.com/2017/05/06/amed-rosario-era-could-begin-as-asdrubal-cabrera-goes-down/

Mets might call up Amed Rosario if Cabrera's injury is serious

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I have a super deep dynasty league draft tomorrow. 20 teams 40 players with minor leaguers. I am really high on Rosario being a Mets fan. How early or late do I target him?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Thanks Yahoo for dragging rear end in putting Britton on the DL even though it had been announced. Refreshed over the span of a few hours waiting to DL him and pick up Bellinger. 17 minutes too late.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
What are some good fantasy baseball podcasts? I just started listening to The Sleeper and the Bust on Fangraphs.

Also, I need to make room for Donaldson because the rest of my bench is already filled with injured guys and he's closest to returning; does offering Maikel Franco for Michael Fulmer seem smart/fair? My pitching is super thin with Bumgarner, Britton, and Taillon going down, and Zimmerman and Bellinger are taking up my 1B/3B and Util slots.

Edit: Alternatively, what tier pitcher do you think Zimmerman could reasonably fetch? I'm pretty poo poo at evaluating the sustainability of hot streaks.

ElectricRelaxation fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 7, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

What are some good fantasy baseball podcasts? I just started listening to The Sleeper and the Bust on Fangraphs.

Also, I need to make room for Donaldson because the rest of my bench is already filled with injured guys and he's closest to returning; does offering Maikel Franco for Michael Fulmer seem smart/fair? My pitching is super thin with Bumgarner, Britton, and Taillon going down, and Zimmerman and Bellinger are taking up my 1B/3B and Util slots.

Edit: Alternatively, what tier pitcher do you think Zimmerman could reasonably fetch? I'm pretty poo poo at evaluating the sustainability of hot streaks.

Sleeper and the Bust is very good. I also like Fantasy Focus Baseball (ESPN) & Fantasy Baseball Today (CBS)

Of the three, CBS is probably the best listen. I used to listen to Flags Fly Forever but I can only listen to them talk about Tout and LABR FAAB results so much.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Moneyball posted:

Thanks Yahoo for dragging rear end in putting Britton on the DL even though it had been announced. Refreshed over the span of a few hours waiting to DL him and pick up Bellinger. 17 minutes too late.

It's ridiculous how long it takes Yahoo to DL some people. I had to wait a couple days on Haniger and straight cut Doolittle because it wasn't worth waiting 2 days for his DL to come up to grab some other guy I wanted.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Is CarGo droppable at this point? We're past the point of "cold streak." It's been 112 ABs. That's nearly a quarter of the season he's been utterly putrid.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

see his monthly stats for the last couple of seasons. dude is awful for like four months then completely goes nuts in the other two. this is par for him.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is the Ervin Santana train slowing down and or off the rails?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Is CarGo droppable at this point? We're past the point of "cold streak." It's been 112 ABs. That's nearly a quarter of the season he's been utterly putrid.

If someone dropped him, I'd claim him.

Then again, I burned a waiver on Jose Bautista so maybe I just want to believe

bewbies posted:

Is the Ervin Santana train slowing down and or off the rails?

I think it's got back on its proper track.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This reminds me of how I rostered Justin Upton until, like, loving August last year, and then he went off in September.

I just looked it up, and I dropped him on August 22nd. He hit 16 home runs in his remaining 36 games, and went .297/.392/.727. This has nothing to do with CarGo, but I guess you just never know with players.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

K-rod needs to go.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

What's the general thoughts on JBJ? Ride out the storm?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Sleeper and the Bust is very good. I also like Fantasy Focus Baseball (ESPN) & Fantasy Baseball Today (CBS)

Of the three, CBS is probably the best listen. I used to listen to Flags Fly Forever but I can only listen to them talk about Tout and LABR FAAB results so much.

Sleeper And The Bust is my go to. It may be because I just follow FanGraphs a lot, but they tend to be talking about players I'm always looking at week to week.

I'll have to check out CBS, too.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Twin Cinema posted:

This reminds me of how I rostered Justin Upton until, like, loving August last year, and then he went off in September.

I just looked it up, and I dropped him on August 22nd. He hit 16 home runs in his remaining 36 games, and went .297/.392/.727. This has nothing to do with CarGo, but I guess you just never know with players.

I picked him up in early August off waivers and rode him to 2nd place in my h2h league, that was fun

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I hate CarGo and never draft him.

I have him in all three leagues :negative:

He was just sitting there :smithicide:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I remember you going oh ok I guess I'll take him if no one else will when you took him in the goon draft

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Doltos posted:

I remember you going oh ok I guess I'll take him if no one else will when you took him in the goon draft

That's 11 smart goons.

I drafted him too. :smith:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Junkyard Poodle posted:

What's the general thoughts on JBJ? Ride out the storm?

Slumping, benched, and the guy who took his place is going off. I don't see any reason for hope.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

By the way the CBS podcast has a host named Heath Cummings who is Teemu Pokemon in my head canon

I drafted CarGo too but luckily there have been plenty of OF guys to grab and stash CarGo on my bench

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rizzo finally did something by getting doinked like the big dumb idiot he is

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
If Chapman doesn't blow that save, Severino's W means I win this week in one league.

Goddammit, guess I have to settle for a tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are like 3-4 players who go through massive slumps and then will singlehandedly win you weeks all by themselves. Stanton, Carlos Gonzalez, Justin Upton.

Just don't draft more than one and you're completely fine. CarGo will go off as soon as some pundit writes about how he's finished as a player and the front office should have traded him for pitching at last year's deadline.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 8, 2017

• Locked thread