Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That switch is actually like 40 years newer than the antenna ports. My townhouse built in 91 has one for the 115v washing machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The MS Paint of a jail on the rap sheet page should be changed to any of OP's house photos.

My ex and her bff are renting a condo and there's a socket with what looks like thick gauge speaker wire coming out of the wall. I wish I had a picture of it. It's right next to a closet so they just looped it up and stashed it in there, any idea what it might be?

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
Why did they put it in the bedroom closet though?! Why? I'm scared to stack any clothes, towels, or objects near it.

Also, these curtains I cleaned up. They're nice curtains and block light but they're just so....

look at them.

They were so hard to clean. :mad:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

bEatmstrJ posted:

You are the worst kind of female.

Its loving semantics, get over it.

bEat mstr J, in English we have a word for female people, it is "women."

:females: !!!!!!!!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I just want to say how glad I am that I got to watch this all unfold in real time while simultaneously learning about cool old things.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This has gone in a glorious direction for something that started with a bathtub.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
poo poo taste, belief in the infallibility of his ideas because of how engineery and rational he is, and FEEEEEMAAAAAAAALES - if I didn't know better I'd say Scott Adams parachute account.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Breetai posted:

poo poo taste, belief in the infallibility of his ideas because of how engineery and rational he is, and FEEEEEMAAAAAAAALES - if I didn't know better I'd say Scott Adams parachute account.

You can't confirm a Scott Adams sighting until you see a sock puppet account arguing that you can't criticize Adams because he's a card-carrying genius.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

18 Character Limit posted:

I really want to say it's a pair of 3.5mm jacks for speaker connections to somewhere else.

dear builder-grade audio enthusiasts: do not do this. you really don't want to be running unbalanced cable more than ten feet.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SoundMonkey posted:

dear builder-grade audio enthusiasts: do not do this. you really don't want to be running unbalanced cable more than ten feet.

What's unbalanced cable?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
This thread has pretty much run its course now that OP is gone. Let's Doobie dogs this poo poo and run it into the ground.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

What's unbalanced cable?

unbalanced cables run single ended input (ie one signal + shield/ground)

balanced cables run differential pairs (ie 2 signals conductors that consist of a signal, and its inverted counterpart + shield/ground)

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

exploded mummy posted:

unbalanced cables run single ended input (ie one signal + shield/ground)

balanced cables run differential pairs (ie 2 signals conductors that consist of a signal, and its inverted counterpart + shield/ground)

what this person said

if you're doing a long run it's worth the mild inconvenience of using balanced cable. i think the longest i ever ran a 100mV peak-peak mic signal was 650 feet over balanced cable. sounded fine. the video did not make it.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

chitoryu12 posted:

This has gone in a glorious direction for something that started with a bathtub.

Some day he'll find his Tub Girl.

...someone made this joke already right?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SoundMonkey posted:

what this person said

if you're doing a long run it's worth the mild inconvenience of using balanced cable. i think the longest i ever ran a 100mV peak-peak mic signal was 650 feet over balanced cable. sounded fine. the video did not make it.

what video you can see is kind of dependent on the resolution and transmission medium

albeit copper and 650 ft probably not going to happen at all for video

if you're running it that long and don't mind digitally sampling it, get a media converter, run it over fiber and then convert it back to copper

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So i put in contemporary-bathroom.jpg and these came up,

I guess these are the styles to pick from these days.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

exploded mummy posted:

what video you can see is kind of dependent on the resolution and transmission medium

if you're running it that long and don't mind digitally sampling it, get a media converter, run it over fiber and then convert it back to copper

yeah i wasn't in charge of the video, i was just watching it happen, dude ran composite video 600-ish feet. the image made it, the color didn't, which seemed kinda cool actually.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lime Tonics posted:

Man bEat mstr J's bathroom looks like poo poo compared to those.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

hakimashou posted:

Man bEat mstr J's bathroom looks like poo poo compared to those.

the sink in the second one looks equally impractical but at least you can loving see to clean under it

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Lime Tonics posted:

Nonremovable Toilet-Adjacent Fabric Mold/Bacterial Party Zone, the Realm of Eternal Smudging, or the Dimension of Uncleanable Crannies.

Those are nice bathrooms.

FOR A CLOWN TO USE

AT THE CIRCUS

IDIOT

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lutha Mahtin posted:

op you are actually a really good sport

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Okay granted if they got rid of the built-in piss-sponges (and voyeur chair) in the first one and added some cupboard space it would be fine, and the second one isn't to my taste at all which is why the additional cleaning required wouldn't be worth it to me, but if you swapped out my bog-standard function-before-form tile-n-porcelain bathroom with that third one I'd demand you switch it back.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

What's up with the really low sink on this one? Disability accommodation? Small children? What?

... Is the carpet to kneel on when you use the sink?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

OSI bean dip posted:

Why do you call women "females"?

My boss who's boss is a female just used that word to describe how many females should be in a customer meeting. To balance out the males.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

How do you cut pineapple like a badass? Because seriously, I love some fresh cut pineapple.

Here's how:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/knife-skills-how-to-cut-a-pineapple.html

As a bonus, here's how to cut pineapple like a machine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhRmwCnc-xw

As a further aside, if any "friends" ask you how buying avatars works, lie to them.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

SoundMonkey posted:

the sink in the second one looks equally impractical but at least you can loving see to clean under it

I almost think that's worse. You still won't be able to clean it and now you can see exactly how much you failed to clean.

Of course, all of this is moot if OP's mold experiment proves that germ theory is a myth.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Lime Tonics posted:

This one is cool. You can show your ding dong off to the whole city every morning.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

exploded mummy posted:

Convert to HD SDI and run that sucker through a signal amp and 700' of long-haul 3g coax.

Come on, it's only a $1200 cable. It's cheaper than Monster HDMI!

I'm getting caught up on the thread so I just want to double up on how rad this stove/oven is.

The pull-out coils are absurdly inconvenient, but it's still rad.

Freakbox posted:

This was in my kitchen when I inherited my grandparents' house. I would have restored it if I'd had any idea how, or if it had been a bit smaller. The stove pulled out of a tiny pocket!

((I'm fairly sure it was a Tappan fabulous 400.))

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Zero One posted:

This one is cool. You can show your ding dong off to the whole city every morning.

HK has a fancy hotel called the Peninsula, which has a fine dining restaurant at the top with a special men's room. Its got cone shaped urinals that come up out of the floor, right against a big window looking out over millions of people in Kowloon.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Antivehicular posted:

What's up with the really low sink on this one? Disability accommodation? Small children? What?

... Is the carpet to kneel on when you use the sink?

Is that carpet? I thought it was gravel.

Anyway, I think that sink might be a bidet? It seems to be the same height as a toilet. Though that doesn't make much sense either, the faucet isn't quite right and who builds a separate bidet in 2017 instead of one of those fancy all-in-one deals? Maybe it is a foot washing sink?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Zero One posted:

"It was sunrise when Dominic Sterling, billionaire financier and playboy, stepped into his shower. The clear glass of the shower stall appointed him a luxurious view of the city skyline, obscured only by the dick- and rear end-prints he left on the glass each morning, perfect as the first frost and distinctly Dominic. Each smudged rendition of his most intimate region was a coup counted against the world, a mark of power.

"With an artist's careful hand, Dominic spread his cheeks and backed towards the glass. Yes, this was a fine morning to be alive."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Breetai posted:

Okay granted if they got rid of the built-in piss-sponges (and voyeur chair) in the first one and added some cupboard space it would be fine, and the second one isn't to my taste at all which is why the additional cleaning required wouldn't be worth it to me, but if you swapped out my bog-standard function-before-form tile-n-porcelain bathroom with that third one I'd demand you switch it back.

The vanity is a disaster, but the giant stone bathtub looks cool. Your rear end could be set in stone.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Antivehicular posted:

"It was sunrise when Dominic Sterling, billionaire financier and playboy, stepped into his shower. The clear glass of the shower stall appointed him a luxurious view of the city skyline, obscured only by the dick- and rear end-prints he left on the glass each morning, perfect as the first frost and distinctly Dominic. Each smudged rendition of his most intimate region was a coup counted against the world, a mark of power.

"With an artist's careful hand, Dominic spread his cheeks and backed towards the glass. Yes, this was a fine morning to be alive."
Now I need to rent that room for one night just so I can feel powerful.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

FoldableHuman posted:

I'm getting caught up on the thread so I just want to double up on how rad this stove/oven is.

The pull-out coils are absurdly inconvenient, but it's still rad.

I don't know that I'd like it in my house but hot drat does it look awesome

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Zero One posted:

This is how my career as the AM meteorologist came to an end.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

bEatmstrJ posted:

You are the worst kind of female.

Its loving semantics, get over it.

What are the rules of bathroom acquisition?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is that carpet? I thought it was gravel.

Anyway, I think that sink might be a bidet? It seems to be the same height as a toilet. Though that doesn't make much sense either, the faucet isn't quite right and who builds a separate bidet in 2017 instead of one of those fancy all-in-one deals? Maybe it is a foot washing sink?

It's definitely a bidet.

I'd imagine that having it separate reduces maintenance costs. Given how often guests break everything else in a hotel, it's a very valid consideration.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

OP, if you ever return how much do you figure your bathroom will be worth in gold pressed latinum?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

"I had this amazing bedroom, but my cousion Gaila did a real shobby job on the wiring and now my house is a smoldering ruin."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

OSI bean dip posted:

You know, I'll tell you something: one of your co-workers asked me about this thread which is how I became aware of it. This is the reason why I mock you as a sales engineer because I know exactly what you do.

From a couple pages back, but - assuming true - the fact that OPs coworkers are aware of this thread and are doubtlessly gossiping about it is legitimately the funniest part of the whole thing.

• Locked thread