Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
So I'm a proud new 3DS owner and also a loving idiot so I didn't notice a couple fat specks of dust when placing my bottom screen protector (yeah I was in a steamy bathroom and all but still, real dusty place.)

In my OCD desire to unfuck it I managed to remove the protector, put it back on again and get the screen dust free but now there's like condensation stuck between the screen and the protector. Thankfully it's not noticeable when playing but is there any way to fix that or should I just count my blessings and let it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Maybe don't play your 3ds in the shower next time?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that sounds more like a prevention tactic than a repair one. try to pay more attention to detail when reading the prompt

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Not sure if you guys are being "funny" or genuinely don't know about a steamy room when putting on screen protectors.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no one has ever been funny, least of all me.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I don't use screen protectors but can you not just take it back off and put it back on again?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

irlZaphod posted:

I don't use screen protectors but can you not just take it back off and put it back on again?

Not without potentially adding more dust and particulates than you're trying to get rid of.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Yeah, if you take it off, it probably means that you're about to have to put a new one on.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is why I usually buy two screen protectors at the start of me owning a new console/handheld.

Which of course is why I only got one for my Switch and then proceeded to gently caress it up too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never bother with screen protectors and the only time I've regretted it was doing those loving spinners in Ouendan on my OG DS. :argh:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Be proud of your OSU! scars

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the difference between EBA/Ouendan

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

costumary

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ouendan doesn't have Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Completely different graphics and songs.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I loved Ouendan to death, but I could never ever beat Ready Steady Go on Hard. The angriest I've maybe ever been at a video game were the handful of times I got to the final sequence only to fail. I don't think I even got to JJF in EBA on Hard because my spirit had already been kind of broken by Ouendan.

I'm just not good at music/rhythm games :(

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think I even got to JJF in EBA on Hard because my spirit had already been kind of broken by Ouendan.

when i finished jjf on the highest difficulty, i got the highest ranking possible. mostly because you'll lose if you get enough misses or bads (or goods) to get anything less than an A rank :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
You're better off for having stopped there, the final song of Ouendan 2 on Hard is right below Champions Road for insane cheertapping.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finishing R,S,G on the hardest difficulty is probably my finest gaming achievement.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

lol if you can't full-chain Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobundaze on hardest, blind mode

But seriously, the hardest songs in Ouendan/EBA imo aren't the ones with a lot of beats. Oh, no, it's the ones that work on a completely hosed up rhythm.

Looking at you, Canned Heat. What the actual gently caress are you even supposed to follow in that one?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Technically the Top-Loader was a downgrade since it only had RF and it looked worse than Toaster NES RF.

A loving mystery why though since the equivalent Famicom model had AV cable support.

Hell technically the NES as a whole is a downgrade of a hardware revision for the Famicom. No special chips or Disk system instead lovely lockout chip that wrecks the cartridge connection and awful cheap connectors that wear out and have to be replaced with new ones that are too tight.

On the other hand, the controllers aren't hard-wired and there's a select / start on the second player controller. But the reason behind the shittiness of most of the design IIRC was that they wanted to make it as visually different from the 2600 and all the other home consoles that had recently died a horrifying industry death, to avoid any association with them. They probably weren't putting much stock in its success in America and were trying to make it as cheaply as possible.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

lol if you can't full-chain Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobundaze on hardest, blind mode

But seriously, the hardest songs in Ouendan/EBA imo aren't the ones with a lot of beats. Oh, no, it's the ones that work on a completely hosed up rhythm.

Looking at you, Canned Heat. What the actual gently caress are you even supposed to follow in that one?

Your heart

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Det_no posted:

So I'm a proud new 3DS owner and also a loving idiot so I didn't notice a couple fat specks of dust when placing my bottom screen protector (yeah I was in a steamy bathroom and all but still, real dusty place.)

In my OCD desire to unfuck it I managed to remove the protector, put it back on again and get the screen dust free but now there's like condensation stuck between the screen and the protector. Thankfully it's not noticeable when playing but is there any way to fix that or should I just count my blessings and let it be?

Don't use a screen protector

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

raditts posted:

On the other hand, the controllers aren't hard-wired and there's a select / start on the second player controller. But the reason behind the shittiness of most of the design IIRC was that they wanted to make it as visually different from the 2600 and all the other home consoles that had recently died a horrifying industry death, to avoid any association with them. They probably weren't putting much stock in its success in America and were trying to make it as cheaply as possible.

Yeah I remember the story. That's why the US release was also accompanies by ROB when he only ever got two games sorta made on the cheap as a method of getting the drat thing in stores as a "Toy".

Just a shame how much they had to lose because of it, though in hindsight we weren't really missing too much with the Disk System or add-on chips like the VRC6 in Castlevania 3.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Yeah I remember the story. That's why the US release was also accompanies by ROB when he only ever got two games sorta made on the cheap as a method of getting the drat thing in stores as a "Toy".

Just a shame how much they had to lose because of it, though in hindsight we weren't really missing too much with the Disk System or add-on chips like the VRC6 in Castlevania 3.

You're both half-right. After the Video Game Crash of the 80's, nobody wanted to put another console on their store shelves because there was a very real belief they'd never sell. So Nintendo got creative and stuck ROB in, along with a Zapper for good measure. Because you see this thing that plays games? A console? No, that's silly, you're silly. It's clearly a digital Robot Toy with oversized novelty cartridges, look at Gyromite and Stack-Up! Super Mario Bros? That's just a pack-in for a lesser model for people who can't afford a ROB yet, don't worry about it! :smuggo:.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Preview for Hey! Pikmin and Miitopia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOddDgXlD1Ehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-KlYhBNOpY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9kJ3UxtEnw

Edit

Also new Ever Oasis trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5YzmWFry0M

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 5, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're both half-right. After the Video Game Crash of the 80's, nobody wanted to put another console on their store shelves because there was a very real belief they'd never sell. So Nintendo got creative and stuck ROB in, along with a Zapper for good measure. Because you see this thing that plays games? A console? No, that's silly, you're silly. It's clearly a digital Robot Toy with oversized novelty cartridges, look at Gyromite and Stack-Up! Super Mario Bros? That's just a pack-in for a lesser model for people who can't afford a ROB yet, don't worry about it! :smuggo:.

It's funny, because as kids my older brothers and I had no idea about the politics behind the whole thing, all we knew is that Atari 2600 games only cost like $2-$3 a pop and it was awesome because our parents would buy us a bunch of them, and there was this new thing made by the guys who made Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong that all the kids were talking about at school.
When I heard about the NES in 2nd grade, I was excited to see Super Mario Bros because we'd played the poo poo out of the original Mario Bros. on the C-64.
I didn't even know until much later that games for the C-64 were actually sold in stores, because my brothers would bring disks packed with games home from school that they "traded" with their friends.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 5, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I remember sitting on mall-Santa's lap at the age of 3 and asking him for a Nintendo

Who the gently caress put that idea in my head

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Music Hour is an interesting song to beat to on Hard/Insane, because the beat pattern is screwy at first, but once you realize it's the BASS that's what you're supposed to follow, things suddenly make more sense.

That said, I haven't touched any of the Ouendan/EBA games in so long. I feel nostalgic when it came to playing against a friend of mine's high scores during high school.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I finally decided I was never going to play through all of Bravely Default (was at fire crystal), so I looked up the plot synopsis.

Jesus Christ.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Obviously important screen protector update: Was fine as soon as I woke up and both screens are now perfectly clean. Trying to apply/reapply one in a regular room IS a nightmare though so don't even try.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I finally decided I was never going to play through all of Bravely Default (was at fire crystal), so I looked up the plot synopsis.

Jesus Christ.
Game owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Jesus Christ.

You should also look up all the final boss music because it's incredible

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Looper posted:

You should also look up all the final boss music because it's incredible

Here I will do it for you because I am a nice guy (and Bravely Default's music should be shared wherever possible)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8t8cLr748 (Climax Boss Battle Theme 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHeuR_bC9GM (Climax Boss Battle Theme 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBTIUzPpEQ (Final Boss Theme)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

And then they hosed it up by not getting the same composer for bravely second

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Bravely Second had way better voice acting and writing though, so it's a fair trade.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
But they did add BD music to Theatrhythm and it owns

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Even if you believe BS had better writing/characters/whatever (something I will dispute all the way to my deathbed, but whatever), the music in BS is so much worse than BD that this is a trade off I am not willing to make. If the roles were reversed and BS had BD's music but otherwise everything else was the same my opinion of the two might very well swap with them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I still dont understand people who actually keep the sound on when playing video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Zore posted:

I still dont understand people who actually keep the sound on when playing video games