Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Bored posted:

Nah. Shithole.

wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Please, please everyone. Stop fighting! We all know the real poo poo hole is Phoenix

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
*An increasingly irate Boston tears at its bridges and roads in frustration, building tunnels through itself that lead nowhere yet still cost $1,000 a month per bedroom in rent*

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Defiance posted:

i wouldnt know, i cut my blow with fish antibiotics so it has never been an issue

Dude. This one got me. God drat.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

most American cities are pretty uninspired tbh

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pick posted:

Please, please everyone. Stop fighting! We all know the real poo poo hole is Phoenix

I think a hole would actually make phoenix more interesting

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Pick posted:

Phoenix is a paradise compared to Tucson

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [22F] with my BF [22M] of 2 years, argument about me moving out

quote:

Okay so my BF and I live together in a house in a crappy neighborhood with a few of his friends. He's lived here for the past year and a half with them, and I joined the lease about 6 months ago. Our lease is up in June, and my BF and I were planning on moving out to an apartment just us two. I want to move out early becaaaaause....

Our street has seen its share of poo poo. In the past year and a half, this is what has happened (to my knowledge): * Two house break ins, one across the street, and one next door. * My car getting rammed into while parked on the street in the middle of the night. * Homeless people regularly walk past our house, going through our trash, and one slept on our neighbors' lawn furniture. * There's a sex offender living on our street * And just last night, some teenage thugs who live two houses down threw a rock and shattered my back windshield of my car.

So about the back windshield last night: we call the police, the kids never admit it, but the cops and their moms know they did it. The mom, who lives at the house, was super nice to me and gave me her number so she could pay for it to get fixed. She then proceeded to cuss out her kid and his friends in front of me, my BF, and the cop, saying she was going to "beat their asses" for it. At that point, I was starting to get scared because the boys are ghetto and they walk through the neighborhood wearing hoods and crap, and now I'm scared they have it out for me.

So that incident on top of all the other crap that's happened is making me want to get the hell out of here and into a safer area. My parents pay my rent right now since I am in school, and they have been pressuring me to move out for a while now, but this incident has sent them over the edge.

My BF, on the other hand, is taking the whole thing kind of personally. He thinks that I want to move out because I don't think he can keep me safe, but that has nothing to do with it! We fought about it, he ended up admitting it was wrong of him to say that. But we still fought after that about it, and it's making me feel like crap.

I don't think it's wrong of me to want to move out after all this crap. I don't feel safe here anymore. But my BF is offended and upset. We had this same argument when my car got ran into on the street in the middle of the night a while back, but I stayed because I figured the chances of something else happening before our lease is up (in June) are small. I can see why he'd be sad we wouldn't be living together anymore, but I just want some support from him through this because it's not easy for me either.
Should I move out for my own safety? Or should I stay and hope nothing further will happen?

My BF browses this subreddit occasionally, so I'm really scared he is going to see this. IF YOU DO, please see that I am trying to get advice. I am not trying to put you down in any way. I just want objective advice from people who don't know us.
Thank you guys for reading this, I know it was so long. I'm just desperate for some advice.

TL;DR Live in a lovely neighborhood with BF and friends, where I don't feel safe. Number of stuff has happened, including my car getting back windshield smashed in last night, just adding to my discomfort. My lease is up in June, but I would move out early, alone with my cat. My BF isn't being supportive. Should I stay?

Sympathetic 'til the racism.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

ranbo das posted:

Phoenix is a paradise compared to Tucson

I'd rather be dead in San Francisco than living anywhere in Arizona.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Whorelord posted:

most American cities are pretty uninspired tbh

That's because they grow out, not up, and are lucky to have 200 years of history most times.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [30f] with a very brief former fling [39m], his most recent ex [22f] contacted me about abuse and STI's a few months ago

quote:

I'll start with the TL;DR: I had a week and a half long fling with a guy so riddled with red flags (including STI's he lied about) that I put it to a halt almost immediately. He remained obsessed with me even after getting a girlfriend and I just blocked him on everything. I was recently contacted by his most recent ex-girlfriend who he basically destroyed with abuse and left with an incurable STI. I want to make sure he stops this behavior or warn young women about him but I don't know how.

On to the full story: I met Jack through a shared hobby about two years ago. We were friends for several months, doing little excursions and whatnot, and he seemed totally fine. I was going through a really hard time in my life and he lent a listening ear and eventually I became attracted to him and told him so while blackout drunk. We messed around, I don't know the extent, he was totally sober (red flag #1). I'm going to just list how the week went after that:

Red flag #2: First attempt at sober sex he stated "I don't really do condoms" and that he "hadn't been tested in a long time." There was something fishy about this to me, the way he said it sounded like an often-delivered line. I lectured him about sexual health and told him to get tested.

Red flag #3: a friend was talking poo poo on him without realizing I'd started seeing him. Apparently he "chucked and hosed" a mutual friend and didn't help her pay for the abortion.

Other red flags: he was really pushy about everything, from forcing kisses by grabbing my head to insisting on making me try food by practically forcing it into my mouth. He talked a lot about how all of his exes were either crazy or evil.

Anyway, his STI results come back and he has chlamydia. At this point I break it off nicely and say I don't want to pursue a relationship. I test negative for chlamydia, get treated anyway, try to move on. He continues to text me, alternating between guilting me for "breaking his heart" and apologizing and wanting to be friends when I hold my ground. The last straw is when he tells me he's seeing someone during a daytime outing to the museum, I say that's great, he mentions she "hates me" because he told her he's still hung up on me. I ask him why the hell would you do that, say I'm not impressed, and stop speaking to him. He continues to text me guilt trippy bullshit so I block him. I move several hundred miles away, start a new relationship, everything's fine.

A few months ago I received a DM on Instagram from a younger girl apologizing for hating me. It's his ex-girlfriend. I tell her it's fine and she probably heard bad stuff so it makes sense. She proceeds to detail how he:

compared everything she did to me, and told her constantly that I was better

acted like our "thing" was some long mutual true love relationship when it was shorter than most people's Tinder dating experiences

told her I have mental health issues and am generally "crazy" (specifically manic depression? I have nothing close to that, at worst I get depressed when bad stuff happens, maybe he meant me being sad when my sick kitten died while I knew him)

kept a totally nonsexual "nip slip" photo of me that he PRINTED OUT, tacked on his wall and frequently showed her

would dump her then keep sleeping with her while telling her she couldn't see other peopl
e
gave her herpes

So of course I'm listening to all this poo poo and thinking great, I need to get tested again for this other STI he neglected to tell me about, so I do and I'm in the clear thankfully. That's even more money and time and stress spent on this steaming garbage pile. He contacts me sometime after this telling me she's crazy, "has an evil in her," don't believe her, etc. I tell him to leave me alone. I also find out that he gave a friend herpes, the same one he got pregnant, so he's had it for a while and probably knew when he told me he didn't know his status which explains the weird scripted "disclaimer" before sex.

Anyway, from what I've heard he continues to use Tinder and seek increasingly younger and more naive women. I don't think this dude should be even allowed NEAR women, and feel guilt over not contacting this ex sooner and warning her. Is there anything I can or should do to minimize this psycho's path of destruction?

EDITS: just seeing grammar and formatting flaws from writing this on my phone

Man, it must suck being a woman with boobs.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

boner confessor posted:

as the father of a daughter i'm kind of looking forward to this kind of power

i'm not going to be a total rear end in a top hat about it, i'm not going to be one of those redneck idiots who waves a shotgun around and makes mortal threats against the body. but god drat if you want to close the deal on my little girl you have to make good with me first. and i'm going to invite you over, get your mettle, see what you're about and who you are, and then after a fine meal of steak and broccoli i'm going to subject you to a punishing lecture about the japanese strategic failures which lead up to the disastrous battle of midway. i'm going to tell you all about admiral yamamoto isoroku's hubris, the vicious internicene rivalry between the imperial japanese navy and the imperial japanese army which resulted in strategic impotence. i will elaborate the meticulous series of missteps which lead the IJN to foolishly commit partial carrier coverage in the form of the solitary fifth carrier division to the battle of the coral sea, and how the effective combat neutralization of the carriers shokaku and zuikaku directly and inexorably lead to the incredible disaster that resulted in the cream of the imperial navy being lost at the furthest extent of the hawaiian archipelago.

i will bring to vivid life the sudden shocking appearance, after a series of furtive attacks, of the american sixth carrier bomber squadron. how they came keening and blood-stroked with a terrifying death knell from the frenetic afternoon sky, how this brutal and inescapable violence turned out to be just as crushingly devastating on the air decks of the kido butai as on your hopes of an easy lay. how the deafening thunder of bombs wrecked the imperial ambitions of the japanese junta in the south pacific equally as it wrecked your youthful erection. how men were thrown with great violence from the proudest carriers afloat to sink and drown in the unforgiving ocean. you'll sit and nod politely on my porch, dear son, and sip your chamomile tea in a luxurious post-dinner haze as i regale you with the final tortured hours of the noble warship kaga as it groaned in its final miserable writhing, converted gruesomely from the grand dame of the fleet into a horrific flaming hulk. and only then, with the mortal cries of thousands of burned, crushed, demoralized japanese sailors ringing in your ears, brave but desperate and defeated men clinging to the barest semblance of existence, weeping their pitiful death throes as they watch their military ambitions drown in the bitter north pacific , only then will you drive off with my daughter in the back seat of your prom-bound uber you pretentious little turd wipe so help me satan

He's going to reply, "I can't believe that we let Hirohito off the hook and that that cocksucker was buried with a goddamn Mickey Mouse watch that he got as a present from Ike. That sonofabitch was in it up to his neck through the whole war. All of it. We should've hung the bastard."

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's going to reply, "I can't believe that we let Hirohito off the hook and that that cocksucker was buried with a goddamn Mickey Mouse watch that he got as a present from Ike. That sonofabitch was in it up to his neck through the whole war. All of it. We should've hung the bastard."

Then the daughter walks in on them making out.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

Me [30f] with a very brief former fling [39m], his most recent ex [22f] contacted me about abuse and STI's a few months ago

Odds are that the mutual hobby was either LARPing or SCA.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pvt.Scott posted:

Then the daughter walks in on them making out.

"Not again!"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

dudeness posted:

She's dumb as gently caress. "The detective side of me thought something was fishy about him saying he doesn't use condoms and hasn't been tested in a long time...but I then let him gently caress me bareback anyway."

The guy is clearly a gross loser, but the women that affirm the terrible behavior are bad too.

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day

Leon Einstein posted:

The guy is clearly a gross loser, but the women that affirm the terrible behavior are bad too.

They're actually good.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Childfree time!

Double bingo at the jewellery store

quote:

A nice rave for my mom. I was in the market to buy some diamond studs and I went shopping with my mom. I was telling the saleslady how I would like a second ear piercing but that I am scared to get it.

In comes the bingo:

Saleslady: how will you have kids if you are scared of a little piercing Me: I am not having kids ever, so I don't have to worry about that Saleslady: how old are you, you will have kids Mom: She doesn't want kids

Second bingo (unrelated to being CF but being marriage free) while I am trying on a diamond ring

Saleslady: don't look at that, you will get one when you get married Me: I am not getting married ever Saleslady: You will Me: Which piece of jewellery are you willing to bet on that ? Mom: I am against marriage and raised her like that Saleslady shuts up

Yay mom!

This is actually how it was laid out, also lol this 'victory' story is how an adult had her mom protect her from a strawman.

Bingo denied

quote:

It always baffles me when I get bingo'd and the person thinks they have the ultimate trump card: "But what if there's an accident....?!"

Was at Taco Tuesday with a bunch of college people, my husband's off talking to someone else, and I somehow get roped into a conversation about reproduction and kids. This one dude, who's already proved himself to be kinda odd, has a mouth-drop moment when I say that we're childfree.

"What??? You don't want to have his kids?"

"Yeah I know, our babies would be stupidly gorgeous and freakishly intelligent."

"Exactly!!!" He then gets this really annoying, huge smug smile on his face. "And what if there's an accident?!?!"

Because I am a smartass, I go with jazz hands. "Aboooortion~~! Did it once, will do it again!"

Dude's smile just drops and he kind of chokes. It's then that my husband enters in the conversation and starts cracking jokes about how the abortion was a bit pricy and it'd be better if we could find some stairs to push me down next time.

Bingo denied, bro.

The usual STDH with a side of "haha domestic violence!"

Also I have no idea what a "bingo" is in this context and frankly I don't want to find out.

[rant] are you loving kidding me

quote:

So I went on a lunch date earlier today after talking to this really sweet girl who is one year older than me. No mention of any crazy exes or kids until she checks her phone near the end of the date and says in passing, "oh, almost time to pick up Sam from the daycare" my first thought is, "okay maybe she's picking up her nephew." She looks at me and sees my confused face "oh he's my 4 year old son." son of a bitch. I feel bad because she's a sweetheart and we've been talking for about a month now, but she never once brought up a kid. Like that's a big thing to keep from someone that you might date!! Im so annoyed but in a few days I'm going to let her know the reasoning I won't go on another date with her. I hope she understands :/

This post sounds dangerously like a TRP/Childfree crossover, and that terrifies me

Just a little thought. [rave]

quote:

I've been snuggling with my plushies in bed, enjoying the silence and Summoners War since about two hours ago. Of course, without any kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

So now I've got another shutdown for "But kids are magical, kids will make you a god, blahblahblah!" that being "But with kids I can't just laze in bed on a Saturday morning."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Danaru posted:

Also I have no idea what a "bingo" is in this context and frankly I don't want to find out.

It appears to mean "someone asking why you're not planning on having kids."

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Why can't he keep lunch dating that girl with a kid at least? Nothing else has to happen.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Why can't he keep lunch dating that girl with a kid at least? Nothing else has to happen.

Haha, yeah. It's hilarious how childfree types are all or nothing about kids. "I couldn't possibly have a relationship with a woman who has a c-c-child!!!!" ignoring that you just started dating and who gives a poo poo at that point.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Because she has been contaminated by the tiny, sticky hands of a child. She might indirectly expose him to a child's laughter, silly games, and messes.

This would interfere with the mental clarity needed to catch all the pokemon.

I am OK with people who choose not to have kids or who prefer adults only spaces, but goddamn you're not going to die if a toddler giggles around you.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

It appears to mean "someone asking why you're not planning on having kids."

The first one seems more like someone assuming you're gonna have kids, like just taking it as a given that you're a walking baby factory which I can understand being annoyed with.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Haha, yeah. It's hilarious how childfree types are all or nothing about kids. "I couldn't possibly have a relationship with a woman who has a c-c-child!!!!" ignoring that you just started dating and who gives a poo poo at that point.

I mean I wouldn't want to date someone with a child because I wouldn't really see any possible future in a relationship like that and wouldn't want to lead anyone on.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its totally fair to not want to get involved with a woman with a kid just because of the kid.

On the other hand, if she gets alimony/child support from a sufficiently rich dude you can ride thay gravy train for miiiiles while her exs hatred of you grows just as fast as the child.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean I wouldn't want to date someone with a child because I wouldn't really see any possible future in a relationship like that and wouldn't want to lead anyone on.

It's been one date and dude is melting the gently caress down over his date having a kid. Reasonable people don't react like that!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ArbitraryC posted:

If he shuts her down and all she wants is a friend, he's going to look like such an rear end in a top hat.
But I guess he doesn't want a friend. Which is kind of lovely if she's cool and all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's been one date and dude is melting the gently caress down over his date having a kid. Reasonable people don't react like that!

Did everyone miss the part where she didn't disclose she was a mom? That's hosed up.

I guess I'm assuming online dating here, if they met in person, I guess this doesn't apply.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 6, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

WampaLord posted:

Did everyone miss the part where she didn't disclose she was a mom? That's hosed up.

Maybe he said do you want to grab a mcdonalds some time and talk about work or something. I don't see why it's always got to lead to a relationship.

e- saw your edit, yea, online changes it a bit if she's exclusively looking for sex / relationships.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 6, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

I'm guessing they met online cause otherwise the timeline doesn't really make much sense, in which case he's just upset she wasn't upfront about her single mom status cause now she's wasted both their times. Didn't seem like a meltdown to me just seems like he knew he didn't want to date someone with a kid and now feels a bit letdown and deceived caused things were otherwise nice.

e: I mean yeah dude's probably awful in other ways if he's posting on childfree boards in general but for that particular quote I don't really see anything wrong with it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It's funny if they met on the childree boards :v:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I guess I'm assuming online dating here, if they met in person, I guess this doesn't apply.

I've known some single mothers who expressly don't want to bring up the child thing or have the boyfriend over until things have been relatively stable and serious for a good while. This is because they don't want temporary father figures popping in and out of their child's life, and if it costs them a six month/year long relationship when it comes up, they think it's worth the price.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

I've known some single mothers who expressly don't want to bring up the child thing or have the boyfriend over until things have been relatively stable and serious for a good while. This is because they don't want temporary father figures popping in and out of their child's life, and if it costs them a six month/year long relationship when it comes up, they think it's worth the price.

That's a fine and good argument for not having him MEET the kid, but you should at least MENTION the kid.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

quote:

Me [18F] with my boyfriend [21M] of 3 months, i can't stand his terrible hygiene anymore.

I've been with him for 3 months now and i live at his place. I know he isn't perfect at all, at has bad sides like everyone else. His appartment is messy and all.. but that's something that is at least pretty normal.

The thing is.. i've lived with him for 2 monhs and i have never.. just never seen him brush his teeth. He is also lazy when it comes to washing himself, which he does once every 3 days in average.. He is pretty sweaty at night, and sometimes smells a little during the day. At first i hontestly didn't care much, at my own surprise, and just let him do his thing. But nowadays, it's just.. i almost just can't stand it anymore. I the mornings, i have to turn my head around and refus to kiss or unless i'll just feel sick (yes it actually is that bad).

Again, i have never seen him brush his teeth. Ever. Why ? Because he just doesn't do it. He just rinces his mouth with water under the shower. I've noticed multiple times that his teeth are yellow, but i've never told him.. Kissing him has become mush harder ever since i've really noticed all of it.

I've tried adressing it once. It went into an argument, he was hurt, and told me "why did you wait for so long before telling me ? i can't know unless you tell me". And he was right, because i have this bad habit of keeping everything to myself... At the end, i asked him to try and change his hygiene for me. He just felt hurt and told me that he was disapointed at how superficial i was being, and that he felt like such a demand was a huge pressure put on his back. I responded that it wasn't that dramatic, that i never said that i would stop loving him if he didn't clean himself perfectly every single minute, that i only wanted him to make an effort about his hygiene because it became a problem for me.

The argument ended well, but since then, althought he wasn't against making efforts, well... nothing changed. Nothing. He still never brushes his teeth, still showers too little, still has smelly hair.. The only difference is that now he "realises", and whenever we kiss on the morning or after eating, he juste jokes and says "sorry about my breath".

What do i do ? I can't adress it without hurting him, but sometimes i can't believe that he doesn't have the decency of taking a shower and brushing his teeth for me. What does that mean ? Doesn't he care about me at all ? How can i try to ask him to just have a normal hygiene ?

tl;dr: How do i ask my boyfriend gently to have a better hygiene ?

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
from the comments

quote:

AmbiguousAnon [score hidden] 47 minutes ago

Why don't you invite him to shower with you and go down on you only after he brushes because you like s little extra tingle

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Sorry I'm really disgusting lol prank

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

putrid aidsman posted:

from the comments

No. Stop this poo poo. Tell him to wash because he's a grown loving man.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
those ones always really weird me out, because... not brushing your teeth feels bad. you can feel the film of crap on your teeth even when you miss brushing for a night because you passed out immediately after getting home. I can't even imagine what it would be like if you never brushed

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

those ones always really weird me out, because... not brushing your teeth feels bad. you can feel the film of crap on your teeth even when you miss brushing for a night because you passed out immediately after getting home. I can't even imagine what it would be like if you never brushed

It probably feels like mental illness, like most of the people that have hygiene issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Panfilo posted:

It probably feels like mental illness, like most of the people that have hygiene issues.

Bingo. Can confirm.