Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I bought 3 boxes and got a lot of dupe legendaries (3 Baze, 3 Chewie, 2 of several others) and I'm missing a decent number of rares all together, like Jyn and Chirrut. Do I go for more boxes? Or is it time to just snatch up singles? Do the math for me, thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ville Valo posted:

I bought 3 boxes and got a lot of dupe legendaries (3 Baze, 3 Chewie, 2 of several others) and I'm missing a decent number of rares all together, like Jyn and Chirrut. Do I go for more boxes? Or is it time to just snatch up singles? Do the math for me, thread.

I feel like if you can buy boxes at or below MSRP, do that. Singles prices are going to be a little high in the 3-4 week drought before the second wave of shipments arrives. Best time to sell stuff is when nobody can buy sealed product, and best time to buy stuff is when product is plentiful.

Destiny arbitrage.

Also, I read this funny thing on reddit

Premonitions Trap! self.swdestiny
Submitted 1 day ago by regularguy2121

quote:

So after the FAQ update I suspected there would be a lot of upgrade steeling under Premonitions from my opponents. I decided to throw one copy of it in my eBen/Maz deck and play a game with it.
I got it in play against my opponent who happened to be running ePalp. So he plays his Premonitions all smug at me in the chat box before I can say anything "I'm going to play the card under yours for free! :)".
Okay bro
What does he play you ask? Noble Sacrifice, congrats bro you killed yourself on Round 2. Rage quit.

Guy inadvertently Noble Sacrifice-d his own ePalp :laugh:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So are we at consensus that there is at least 1 Force Speed per box?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Bottom Liner posted:

I hope so, it's the only legendary I feel I'll want to use out of this set.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Devlan Mud posted:

I hope so, it's the only legendary I feel I'll want to use out of this set.

My FLGS opened two boxes for store product today and only got one, so definitely not 1/box.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

I did not get one and kinda wanted them.

Also trying to figure out what to do about the second box I ordered online, they took my money quick enough but I've had zero communication from them since, though they did later mark them as out of stock on the website. Trying to decide if I should just cancel it and look for another box locally instead, as I'm assuming they didn't ship it today since I didn't receive a notification.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Bottom Liner posted:

We had 9 customers open boxes in store today, only 3 of them got Force Speed.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Played in day 1a of destiny at world's today. Went 4-2 and came 19th out of 94 and made the second day.

One of the games I lost I had the damage to kill Bala on the table but I chose not to resolve it because he hadn't rolled Bala in. Gave my opponent the opportunity to use He Doesn't Like You and the end result was bala rolling something like 9 damage, standing up and hitting for another 3.

Brutal.

I'm not gonna get greedy again. If you can get a kill, just take it. It's not worth the risk.

I still nearly won that game too. Came close to milling and if I God rolled on the last round after he claimed with 2 rerolls I still would of had it. It was my error though and my opponent played super well. He ended up 5th overall.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Congrats on making the second day mate

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
The Palpatine/Tie Pilot combo I managed to put together from a single box of SoR is just brutal. My partner was running an eHan/Chewie deck and after a couple rounds I think we might've broken up.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Hauki posted:

How do you guys store your dice, both for a deck and just general collection? What about cards? I've just got a pile in set order right now, but that's a little cumbersome for deckbuilding.

Also I have no idea what I want to build deck-wise now, I've got 13 new characters, but like none of the supports, upgrades or events that seem like they'd work with them. I don't even have enough of a focus at this point to buy singles to round something out.

I've been using these to store my collection. Each one holds 144 dice. - http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/boxes-cases/stack-n-safe-card-box/stack-n-safe-card-box-480.html

You can obviously store your cards in them too, 480 sleeved cards in each, even more if you don't sleeve.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

My wife really wants to play Chirrut/Baze so I'm trying to build a deck for her. I assume eBaze/Chirrut will be better than eChirrut/Baze, but that's about as far as I've gotten. Any suggestions?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

frameset posted:

I've been using these to store my collection. Each one holds 144 dice. - http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/boxes-cases/stack-n-safe-card-box/stack-n-safe-card-box-480.html

You can obviously store your cards in them too, 480 sleeved cards in each, even more if you don't sleeve.

I actually got the twin flip n play or whatever it's called last night for decks, and found a spare plano box lying around for dice in the short term.

In other news, my girlfriend went out and found a box too unbeknownst to me, so now I'm getting way more than I expected after being unable to preorder any, etc.

Got a second palpatine & z6 baton, a baze, force lightning, rocket launcher and light bow in this one. Plus a bunch of duplicate rare characters (unkar, mon mothma, jyn, anakin, asajj, etc.) so now I can actually run 2 dice versions.

I'm really hoping the game finds its legs and solves the distribution issues, this already seems easier to find than at launch (I mean I got several boxes instead of zero boosters of awakenings), but my local store apparently only has like 10 people showing up regularly.

Still trying to decide if I should just get more singles of awakenings or wait and see how the June printing pans out and if that alleviates any of the supply & pricing issues.

Anyways, anyone interested in trades at all? I'm updating my collection now, but I already know I have some triplicate rares, etc. I could also do a pile of SoR C/U for spare awakenings C/U.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Big score between two boxes:

Palpatine
Force Speed
Chewie
Z6 Riot Control Baton
Director Krennic
Bowcaster x 2
Handcrafted Light Bow
IG-88
U-Wing
Rocket Launcher
Quadjumper

Plus lots of great rares.

And even luckier, I opened all 6 Legendaries from the first box with 9 packs left, and all 6 form the second box with 5 packs left. So the question is, do I open the last few packs given that I've already hit a couple rare dupes? Or sell them on eBay for about $4.50 each and buy whatever I need for my decks?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I only know one person other than me who plays this game, and he is exceptionally bad at it. I don't think he's won a single time. Despite these dire circumstances, I can't shake the urge to buy more boosters. Luckily it's fun just to browse cards and create decks. But man, I'd kill for a some more people to play/trade with.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Second Chance/Ammo Belt interaction needs to be nerfed, what a pain in the rear end to deal with

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Benthalus posted:

So the question is, do I open the last few packs given that I've already hit a couple rare dupes? Or sell them on eBay for about $4.50 each and buy whatever I need for my decks?

Depends. Are you gonna be upfront that they're guaranteed duds?

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

bowmore posted:

Second Chance/Ammo Belt interaction needs to be nerfed, what a pain in the rear end to deal with
It's not just that, it's getting Second Chance and Ammo Belt from the discard over and over. When someone can get 3-6 "second" chances reliably, it makes it too drat annoying to deal with.
I remember when the game was first out the lead designer talked about limiting recursion, then the very next set... more and more cards digging through the discard pile. They have already issued errata for 2 recursion effects and we're barely starting the life of the game.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

KO Derf posted:

It's not just that, it's getting Second Chance and Ammo Belt from the discard over and over. When someone can get 3-6 "second" chances reliably, it makes it too drat annoying to deal with.
I remember when the game was first out the lead designer talked about limiting recursion, then the very next set... more and more cards digging through the discard pile. They have already issued errata for 2 recursion effects and we're barely starting the life of the game.

Team Covenant has mentioned this very point on their podcast almost every episode, and the disconnect between what the lead designers said and then did is just baffling.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Anybody planning on seeing the Destiny streams from Worlds? Or is high level games to fast to really appreciate whats happening.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

uncle blog posted:

Anybody planning on seeing the Destiny streams from Worlds? Or is high level games to fast to really appreciate whats happening.

I was going to try depending on what else I've got going on today. Where are they being streaming at? I'd like to see some higher level games because most of my games at this point have been pretty casual still.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

All info about their streams are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/5/watch-the-champions-rise/. Destiny starts in 50 minutes if my time zone calculations are on point.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Ville Valo posted:

Depends. Are you gonna be upfront that they're guaranteed duds?

Of course not, it's eBay. But I decided to open them anyhow and glad I did, first one was a vibroknife.

As for the pace of play for watching worlds, it's not like Magic where people are dropping cards left and right. It's about the same pace as every other game of Destiny I've played, mostly because a lot of the people left are from my FLGS. Remember that dice rolling, sorting, and manipulation takes time.

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 6, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Benthalus posted:

Of course not, it's eBay.

thats a dick move and why people should never buy loose boosters in this game

Hauki
May 11, 2010

uncle blog posted:

All info about their streams are here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/5/watch-the-champions-rise/. Destiny starts in 50 minutes if my time zone calculations are on point.

So, games don't actually start for an hour & fifteen still

Also Jesus Christ I hope they get a new production company

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

This is painful to watch

You would think with FFG money these dudes could afford a basic hair cut

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 6, 2017

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Finished 24th at worlds. In my final game against Poe Rey all I had to was claim the battlefield to win as my next action. My played all in with a focus for lethal damage. I was literally one action away from making the cut.

e: my friend James is playing the Jabba Dooku on stream.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Finished 24th at worlds. In my final game against Poe Rey all I had to was claim the battlefield to win as my next action. My played all in with a focus for lethal damage. I was literally one action away from making the cut.

e: my friend James is playing the Jabba Dooku on stream.

ask him why he didn't roll in with Doolittle game one

Edit: lol dooku

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
We saw that and no one is sure. He might have just missed it, he was so focused on Jabba.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Neat, local duder Nick Obee is running Phasma Bala Trooper in the finals vs some Minneapolis duder's Vader Raider in the finals.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

But Rey is OP :v:

The top 16/8 was a pretty diverse meta, which will probably only get more diverse with SoR.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 7, 2017

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Devlan Mud posted:

Neat, local duder Nick Obee is running Phasma Bala Trooper in the finals vs some Minneapolis duder's Vader Raider in the finals.
Who won? I had to drive into work, missed the whole finals, and the stream is no longer available.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

KO Derf posted:

Who won? I had to drive into work, missed the whole finals, and the stream is no longer available.

Vader Raider took it in two games.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Bottom Liner posted:

This is painful to watch

You would think with FFG money these dudes could afford a basic hair cut

What you didn't like my hair? :D

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

pbpancho posted:

What you didn't like my hair? :D

I thought you guys did a good job, from what I watched (the first match with Zach Bunn, and the final match). For being a thing you guys don't do every week like SCG casters or whatever, it was solid.

Hoping to be able to make it out to an event at the Game Center one of these days.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Merauder posted:

I thought you guys did a good job, from what I watched (the first match with Zach Bunn, and the final match). For being a thing you guys don't do every week like SCG casters or whatever, it was solid.

Hoping to be able to make it out to an event at the Game Center one of these days.

Thanks! Yeah, it's unfortunately something we don't get a lot of practice at, being a once-a-year thing. I do X-Wing all day tomorrow too though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

pbpancho posted:

Thanks! Yeah, it's unfortunately something we don't get a lot of practice at, being a once-a-year thing. I do X-Wing all day tomorrow too though.

Yeah, commentary seemed solid especially if you're only doing it once a year, I think more of my criticism was related to production issues like you guys not being able to see cards or areas of the table on camera, audio or video cutting out periodically. I'm not sure I want to get too involved, but I do production professionally albeit under different constraints/circumstances and on a larger scale, and I'm naturally curious as to what your setup is like, how much of it is in house vs. outsourced, etc.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

In other news, I spent way too much money on this game this week, but hopefully I'll have at least a couple actual semi-competitive decks by the end of it. Plus a couple of rad new deckboxes and enough sleeves to last me another year or more.

Oh, unrelated but I remember someone saying characters have to be sleeved differently from the rest of your deck in tournaments, is that true, and what's the reasoning behind it?

Hauki fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 7, 2017

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Hauki posted:

In other news, I spent way too much money on this game this week, but hopefully I'll have at least a couple actual semi-competitive decks by the end of it. Plus a couple of rad new deckboxes and enough sleeves to last me another year or more.

Oh, unrelated but I remember someone saying characters have to be sleeved differently from the rest of your deck in tournaments, is that true, and what's the reasoning behind it?

It is true, don't know that they ever said why but I'm guessing since characters and battlefields aren't part of your deck they don't need to be sleeved the same. I could see someone slipping a card in behind their battlefield, pulling the battlefield out and putting the card at the top of the deck.

I've opened 2 decent boxes so far and a handful of packs. I've got another box coming in a X-Wing trade hopefully tuesday. I think after that and a few trades I should be mostly done aside from a handful of legendaries I can pick up when the prices drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

siggy2021 posted:

It is true, don't know that they ever said why but I'm guessing since characters and battlefields aren't part of your deck they don't need to be sleeved the same. I could see someone slipping a card in behind their battlefield, pulling the battlefield out and putting the card at the top of the deck.

I've opened 2 decent boxes so far and a handful of packs. I've got another box coming in a X-Wing trade hopefully tuesday. I think after that and a few trades I should be mostly done aside from a handful of legendaries I can pick up when the prices drop.

Yeah, my last box should arrive today, and then I've got some awakenings singles on the way as well. Hoping this box helps fill out my collection a bit more, my first two had a lot of overlap in some areas while leaving me with zero copies of quite a few uncommons and rares.

Also in an effort to well, actually play games with someone other than my girlfriend, how many of you all play on TTS? What kind of matchmaking and rules enforcement is on there? Never messed around with it obviously.

Secondly, any other communities, fansites, etc I should check out? Mostly I've just looked at swdestiny.com or swdestinydb for ideas.