Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I have a few tattoos, but this one is my favorite:

MX 518 4 Life (even though I don't really use one anymore)

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What

The

gently caress

:stare:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Dang dude I love my Corsair M90 to death but that's a whole new level of :wtc:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Am I the only one assuming that's a joke

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Zeris posted:

It might be a joke but its still a tattoo on his skin so jokes on him?

vvvvv I don't think HCT has that tattoo, I mean if buddy got that tattoo as a joke, the joke is on him

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 6, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Assuming its his. He probably GISed that poo poo up

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

It came from either the Selfies or one of the tattoo threads.

I think it was the selfies because they got on a post your tattoo kick.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/logitechid/status/774518525385908224

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

His tattoo is going viral :magical:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Genocide Tendency posted:

It came from either the Selfies or one of the tattoo threads.

I think it was the selfies because they got on a post your tattoo kick.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure I saw that not a day ago or so in the Selfies thread, but I assumed it was GISed or a joke.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If republicans would say gently caress the insurance companies and hang then out to dry, pass medicaire for all, and drop hard line stances on weed and gay people they would probably swing a lot of democrats their way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mr. Nice! posted:

If republicans would say gently caress the insurance companies and hang then out to dry, pass medicaire for all, and drop hard line stances on weed and gay people they would probably swing a lot of democrats their way.

I mean obviously we'll do nothing to stop the government from letting billionaires from bleeding us dry, so they would basically swing a large chunk of the electorate if they could do it. I know there's no chance in hell but its just a thought.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Why do all that when, to get dems to flip, they just need to get Hillary to run again?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if republicans stopped being everything that made republicans republicans they wouldn't be so bad

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

more like bad old party

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

Why do all that when, to get dems to flip, they just need to get Hillary to run again?

nah we're gonna get zuckerburg running on a third party splitting the vote or something even dumber in 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i decided to watch trump's weekly address and jesus how does he say this poo poo with a straight face

'we pay the highest taxes in the world, no one has higher taxes' try like basically all of europe? NL off the top of my head their top tax rate is 52%

i doubt he even looked it up

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
did yall lose your way trying to get to the ce thread?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Election postmortems do not belong in CE. Here, anyone sick of the topic is welcome interject with a wall of boobs and butts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm pretty sure the drunkthread is the appropriate venue for shitposting

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
booblord is way past due with a boobdrop itt

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CHIEF ENGINEER TWO FINGER REPORTING SHIP IN TROUBLE

SHIP IS CRIPPLED AND ADRIFT

EMERGENCY AIRDROP OF SPARES NEEDED TO RESTORE CREW MORALE

PLEASE SEND BOOBS AND BUTTS POST HASTE

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty sure the drunkthread is the appropriate venue for shitposting

Enjoy the hell that was me before "go-home-criteria" was met this Friday. and now we know why I drink when I get home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZyHOXkoqU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

I thought he was just linking a tattoo he found online in a funny way.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Enjoy the hell that was me before "go-home-criteria" was met this Friday. and now we know why I drink when I get home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZyHOXkoqU

Oh my god

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i posted this on my 12 year old's facebook

im covered now

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

tt yl

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i posted this on my 12 year old's facebook

im covered now

thank you for your service

Amerigoons, when people actually say "Thank you for your service" how does it make you feel? I was at a wedding in the US and the father of the bride, in lieu of making a speech, asked for all the vets attending to stand and gave a "thank you for your service". It was awkward as fuuuuuuuck

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It feels about like that

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean obviously we'll do nothing to stop the government from letting billionaires from bleeding us dry, so they would basically swing a large chunk of the electorate if they could do it. I know there's no chance in hell but its just a thought.

sir this is a McDonald's drive-through

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

MA-Horus posted:

Amerigoons, when people actually say "Thank you for your service" how does it make you feel? I was at a wedding in the US and the father of the bride, in lieu of making a speech, asked for all the vets attending to stand and gave a "thank you for your service". It was awkward as fuuuuuuuck

It makes me feel like who cares because they don't know what they're talking about and I'm not taking on the burden of clarification. Nobody explains that becoming a vet entails an obligation of suffering thru a lot of dumb poo poo after the uniformed stuff. It's not a big deal unless you make it one. On the other hand I get why some vets go totally incognito afterwards.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 6, 2017

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

Awkward as gently caress. Let's just sit back, sip a beer and shoot the poo poo. Tell me about your family or job or something.

Most folks I know have a similar opinion, except those two guys who plaster vet poo poo everywhere they can; cars, hats, tats, any conversation ever, etc. They're still my friends but that poo poo gets old.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Amerigoons, when people actually say "Thank you for your service" how does it make you feel?
I say "hey, no problem" or "you're welcome" and go on with my life. :shrug:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's some people who thank you because they believe that you're a hero or some poo poo. And I don't feel it's my job to disillusion them about it, and usually thank them for doing their job if it's something medical or for the government.

There's some people thank you because they think they're expected to, or it's like saying bless you when someone sneezes. It's easy to spot it so it gets an appropriately enthusiastic response.

Then theres the fuckers who say it to make themselves into a big shot, to make themselves big from being so humble. Fuckers who are so pathetic and so desperately need attention that they'll use service members who probably don't want the attention, to make like they are some magnanimous lord of the manor giving scraps to the workers.

And they can go get finger banged by an elephant.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Thank YOU for paying taxes." Is my normal response.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I will make the point that my time in was a job and it makes me no better or worse than anyone else. I'm not the veteran anyone should being showing gratitude too. There are men and women who've done far more and took a bigger sacrifice than I could ever imagine. Those are the people to thank. I'm a loving prior Air Force princess.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Someone here made a good observation earlier that uncomfortable displays of gratitude are quickly shut down by some facts and figures about BAH for the gi bill

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Weirdest one for me was on a plane. I was in uniform and random people were thanking me, and I was just nodding and saying thank you to them or whatever.

I started talking with the dude next to me who turned out to be a Vietnam veteran. I had OEF/OIF guilt for being thanked because those guys got hosed! He was cool about it but imagine instead of thanks, you got spit on or called baby killer and poo poo.

I'll take the awkward thanks any day.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
people would corner me as a recruiter because they apparently never saw a dude in uniform and would tell me stories and thank me for my service and all this hsit and I got the point where I'd spot them (it was the Vietnam hat) and i'd powerwalk the gently caress away

or they'd buy my groceries and beer of fast food i loving hated it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I work right next to a federal building with a MEPS and I eat lunch in the cafeteria there, but not before thanking all the recruiters for their service every time they walk by me.

• Locked thread