Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Shadowgate posted:

Maybe everyone can stop being such a loving baby and let OP document his project in the DIY forum.

But no, let's turn this into a D&D circlejerk about how much of a filthy misogynist OP because he said female. This is way more interesting and definitely not a ridiculous brigage of idiots.

:mediocre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hi I'm idiot baby retard Shadowgate and I'm here to tell you how the thing you've all been laughing at for 10+ pages of posts is, in fact, not funny :strains, shits pants loudly:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

So this is the complaining about poorly designed bathrooms thread now? I once lived in an apartment building with atrociously designed bathroom vents, which was awesome when the tenants below were smoking.

Then again, that wasn't the worst of it. The building had centrally controlled heating and AC, each of which was turned on at the start of the "appropriate" season and off at the end. Warm day in January? Better open a window.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Congratulations on your 10 year SA birthday though Shadowgate. :)

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

learnincurve posted:

Congratulations on your 10 year SA birthday though Shadowgate. :)

Oh poo poo, it is, thanks!

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I appreciate you both.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

holy poo poo

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Shadowgate posted:

Maybe everyone can stop being such a loving baby and let OP document his project in the DIY forum.

But no, let's turn this into a D&D circlejerk about how much of a filthy misogynist OP because he said female. This is way more interesting and definitely not a ridiculous brigage of idiots.

Yeah it was a lot funnier without :females: being all hormonal up in this

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

omg

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

omg keep going.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
needs a grill and/or grill damaged siding

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

exploded mummy posted:

needs a grill and/or grill damaged siding

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

goddamn.

I wish we could see more of the windows so we could replace them with multi-sized ones.

edit: ahahah i didn't even see the loving grill at first

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

as i look at the construction debris around the tub and think "that legit looks cooler than most of those ones with rocks"

also why no range plug? never know when you might need to run a 220V appliance in the bathroom

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Can somebody please put a Muhajadeen fighter in that tub-pit for my edification?

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

I feel like a pizza deliveryman dad who's baby girl grew up and became a surgeon

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Shadowgate posted:

lol at goons getting triggered by FEMALES
I for one agree especially considering how many times brontosaurus has been probated and banned for being either sexist or racist in the past. This place is way too full of niche inside jokes and references and it's lovely when those inside jokes become rules. What's next banning new people whenever they ask about the weight of concrete or trying to guess the contents inside a safe. . . Is it time to start baning people who call women who act rude bitches? Are we going to start probating for using the word white inside of a politically correct term like Caucasian? What if someone says "bras are women's clothing" are we going to probate for not recognizing the rights of transgender and crossdressing goons? We can even have a whole thread called negrotown but holy poo poo if someone uses the term females instead of women just wow. . .

I guess it's time to go start a petition to Tampax so they can rename their products as "womenen hygiene". Better go tell feminism activist to let them know how mysoginistic their term is.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Crotch Fruit posted:

I for one agree especially considering how many times brontosaurus has been probated and banned for being either sexist or racist in the past. This place is way too full of niche inside jokes and references and it's lovely when those inside jokes become rules. What's next banning new people whenever they ask about the weight of concrete or trying to guess the contents inside a safe. . . Is it time to start baning people who call women who act rude bitches? Are we going to start probating for using the word white inside of a politically correct term like Caucasian? What if someone says "bras are women's clothing" are we going to probate for not recognizing the rights of transgender and crossdressing goons? We can even have a whole thread called negrotown but holy poo poo if someone uses the term females instead of women just wow. . .

I guess it's time to go start a petition to Tampax so they can rename their products as "womenen hygiene". Better go tell feminism activist to let them know how mysoginistic their term is.

Wow where did that av come from

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holy loving poo poo this thread is like a honeypot for bigotry apologists.

If members of a group inform you that a word you are using for them is dehumanizing or insulting and that isn't your intention you either go holy poo poo my bad then ask for more details or history if you are genuinely interested, like a normal person, or you victim blame and tell people to toughen up from your position of relative privilage, like an rear end in a top hat. This is seriously not a tough concept.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Crotch Fruit posted:

Nice meltdown

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:eyepop:

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

WrenP-Complete posted:

More Freakbox pics, please!

I love them, including the pictures of needlework. I'm learning to do threadpainting. I want to get this good:

Here's what I can do so far:

(not my images, just approximating my level of skill/practice)

Those are adorable! I have no skill with a needle, so you're Ahead of me, wren. I had no idea an old house would be that interesting to other goons. :stare:

Here- have some outdoor photos! I'm not scared of anyone doxxing me or anything- Oklahoma has castle doctrine. Feel free to visit!

I have photos of my grandpa laying the stone for this in the late 40s- I can tell what houses in the neighborhood he helped with because he always placed these three little keystones directly over the front door. There are two other homes I have pictures of him helping build. :3:

Yeah....there's Christmas lights up there. I'm 5'1 and sensory processing issues make ladders a bad idea. Also, lazy.

Super old special thing; this turns off the water for the house. Oklahoma's infrastructure is ancient, so this thing still works.

ACTUAL QUESTION, THOUGH: my bathroom has a crack in it! I noticed it when I moved and it hasn't grown yet, but the tile has a hairline in it. Did the house sink? It's been very rainy the last decade in tulsa. I'm just learning home diy and have no idea what to do. :ohdear:

Bonus sink detail- I love the pattern on this stupid sink.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 7, 2017

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Edit:

Freakbox posted:

Bonus sink detail- I love the pattern on this stupid sink.

That's so nice. Also ❤️ the story of grandpa helping build the houses in the neighbourhood.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Crotch Fruit posted:

:yikes:

also I wish I could have captured my contractor friends face when I showed him the picture of the cut i-beams

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FoldableHuman posted:

That's so nice. Also ❤️ the story of grandpa helping build the houses in the neighbourhood.

That's how my house got built in 1979. My grandpa built it so he could live in it, the first house in the first neighborhood in this area.

It's expanded rapidly since then, to the point where a stretch of restaurants and businesses was a dirt road back when my house was new. As recently as 1994, according to Google Earth historical imagery, some of the major shopping and dining centers were plain dirt. Both places I've worked at were fields and forests.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crotch Fruit posted:

:qq: "Its so hard to be a white man these days!" :qq:

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

Classic Grover

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That messed with my head so much.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Vargatron posted:

Can somebody please put a Muhajadeen fighter in that tub-pit for my edification?

no man, he can't guard grover's garden fortress from there

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

no man, he can't guard grover's garden fortress from there

:pusheen: I just noticed all those plug in sockets. I think I missed grover house, but I know the "load bearing drywall" thing. Was it that bad?

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 7, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Freakbox posted:

:pusheen: I just noticed all those plug in sockets. I think I missed grover house, but I know the "load bearing drywall" thing. Was it that bad?

Photoshop has not the power nor ability to render the true amount of power outlets installed.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Freakbox posted:

It honestly was. There's a picture of his kitchen where there are like 6 duplexes above his cabinets. Not his base cabinets, his wall cabinets.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Freakbox posted:

the number of things grover got right would be easier to list

mostly cause the list starts and ends at "the house is vaguely house-shaped"

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
why isn't there a pipe sticking out of one of the cabinets in the left :grovertoot:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Photoshop has not the power nor ability to render the true amount of power outlets installed.

VIRGINIA, THE FUTURE
An aged Grover is seated, alone. He eats a meal. In the course of cutting his meat, he knocks a glass off the table. It shatters. Grover stares down at it for a moment, contemplative.

As he raises his eyes he sees a bed in the corner of the room; he is startled to see an elderly, infirm version of himself lying there.

Drawing on the last strength left in his elderly, ruined body this version of Grover slowly begins to rise in the bed. He only manages a few inches, his breath rasping desperately out. A withered arm rises from the bed and, with its' owner's last rattling breath, points toward the foot of the bed where a monolith lies waiting:

Floating tranquilly amongst the cosmos, ensconced in a protective bubble, a baby Grover begins to wire a garbage disposal. Roll credits.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

"ugh maybe i should close this thr-"

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

VIRGINIA, THE FUTURE
An aged Grover is seated, alone. He eats a meal. In the course of cutting his meat, he knocks a glass off the table. It shatters. Grover stares down at it for a moment, contemplative.

As he raises his eyes he sees a bed in the corner of the room; he is startled to see an elderly, infirm version of himself lying there.

Drawing on the last strength left in his elderly, ruined body this version of Grover slowly begins to rise in the bed. He only manages a few inches, his breath rasping desperately out. A withered arm rises from the bed and, with its' owner's last rattling breath, points toward the foot of the bed where a monolith lies waiting:

Floating tranquilly amongst the cosmos, ensconced in a protective bubble, a baby Grover begins to wire a garbage disposal. Roll credits.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

VIRGINIA, THE FUTURE

:chanpop:

• Locked thread