Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You know what was a neat game? Second Sight. I think that's what it was called. That Free Radical third person shooter game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think anyone in the universe has played the old cowboy fps the devs of prey 06 made

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I know about it from Computer Gaming World.

Or wait, no. INTERACTIVE magazine.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

i don't think anyone in the universe has played the old cowboy fps the devs of prey 06 made

I have. They also made a Blair Witch Project game btw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

I have. They also made a Blair Witch Project game btw

Which one? The interesting-but-bad-one, the funny-but-bad-one, or the just-completely-outright-bad-one?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm like, extraordinarily impressed with how good the Switch looks (well, Mario Kart at least) in handheld mode. It definitely looks great on my TV but it just looks mesmerizing in handheld somehow.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Nate RFB posted:

I'm like, extraordinarily impressed with how good the Switch looks (well, Mario Kart at least) in handheld mode. It definitely looks great on my TV but it just looks mesmerizing in handheld somehow.

Higher pixel density, fewer pixels to push to. Games in general look and perform better in the handheld mode than in dock mode.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

Which one? The interesting-but-bad-one, the funny-but-bad-one, or the just-completely-outright-bad-one?

they made the second one

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dang it's still impossible to find a Switch, huh. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
why are all the persona 5 costume DLCs so boring looking :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uh

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah, no kidding. If I'm playing Borderlands with friends (shush it's fun) then I don't bother to read the dialogue, we're here to shoot things. When I play alone, I read every line. ... I'm not the smartest player on the block but listen: unless it's a tabletop game then no one cares about the deep writing in a game if they're playing with pals.

That said it would be cool to have a lore/exploration heavy game (Minecraft? Terrarria?) where you go around exploring and learning things with friends instead of killing crabs.

A game on the level of Terraria but withough combat sounds cool but I don't know if there is an audience for it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

they made the second one

Oh huh

I thought that the 2nd one was made by monolith. I dunno why I thought that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

what exactly is Ark Survival Evolved/why is it near the top of the EU PS4 sales charts every month

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

what exactly is Ark Survival Evolved/why is it near the top of the EU PS4 sales charts every month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Its a survival sandbox early access thing that minecraft babies grew up and got into

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Early access survival game and who knows. The future of gaming is doomed because 12 year olds only play unfinished steam shovelware instead of JRPGs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
prey 06 is kind of losing me, tbh. only two hours in and it's starting to feel kind of repetitive and, uh, i'm coming up on that one really loving weird bad boss fight so that's going to be a thing

also that whole mechanic that basically makes it impossible to die is lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was only cool pre portal. The things they did technically are very cool and had big influence but as gameplay its not engaging

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i do like the tiny asteroid in a glass box that the aliens keep around for literally no reason that they can make tiny portals to even though portals changing your size literally never happens again because it was the only time they set up a room as a skybox for something like that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Should I buy a video game fanart T-shirt?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I buy a video game fanart T-shirt?

what art

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm kinda worried about "wasting" points in dex but I am incredibly tempted to try out some boss soul weapons in DS2. Please advise.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 7, 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I advise you to just play the drat game and stop having us make every decision for you.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/barfchan/status/859489068165378048

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm kinda worried about "wasting" points in dex but I am incredibly tempted to try out some boss soul weapons in DS2. Please advise.

It's impossible to waste level ups, you can always farm more souls. Also there are respec items in DS2. Just do whatever

Ometeotl posted:

I advise you to just play the drat game and stop having us make every decision for you.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I should've been more clear; my concern isn't investing stats, but whether or not the boss weapons are good in general.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 7, 2017

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Fanart is good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what is the best iv. phantasy star iv, or monster world iv

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Colonel posted:

what is the best iv. phantasy star iv, or monster world iv

dragon quest iv

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

I should've been more clear; my concern isn't investing stats, but whether or not the boss weapons are good in general.

Dude.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hearts of iron iv

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Every weapon is good. Use whatever the gently caress you think looks interesting. Don't use the ladle unless you're Lobos (you're not)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm a lizard. I can't be as hot-blooded and decisive without a warm rock.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Upgrade materials will eventually rain from the heavens. You literally cannot go wrong

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mutata posted:

Fanart is good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

So you agree then?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

:yeah:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Fanart is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Wamdoodle posted:

So you agree then?

He's posted roughly 30 pages of posts of Undertale fanart, so

• Locked thread