Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Lol the look on magisk face in the lower left. "Come the gently caress on" /facepalm lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Taco closing out the game with an awp 3k was awesome as well. Dude is an incredible anchor

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

More like nice little miss by konfig

Kwilty fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 3, 2017

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Holy poo poo. North got sent home by loving Chiefs.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Australian team Chiefs just knocked out North from IEM. North's only win was against Optic in triple overtime. Optic is playing with Hazed as a stand in.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

CLARPUS posted:

Australian team Chiefs just knocked out North from IEM. North's only win was against Optic in triple overtime. Optic is playing with Hazed as a stand in.

About half way through Henry G says something like, "I don't know why we've given them this legend status. They're not a top team." And then magiskboy went and took a rage piss and then they lost to what was essentially a series of double fakes.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
I didn't follow the latest round of au shuffles but chiefs beating any international team ever is hilarious

Gonna watch that vod later and it's gonna be good

e:

Phosphene posted:

"I don't know why we've given them this legend status"
it's because they're danish

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 4, 2017

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I may have very well deteriorated beyond repair in the 4 months i was unable to play the game, but gently caress man, these dmgs are no loving pushovers.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Phosphene posted:

About half way through Henry G says something like, "I don't know why we've given them this legend status. They're not a top team." And then magiskboy went and took a rage piss and then they lost to what was essentially a series of double fakes.

Anyone know the official rule on getting up in the middle of a match like that? I guess nothing came of it since North got knocked out anyway, but what if they had coincidentally come back after that.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I think that might be SK'S first win against Astralis without FNX :woop:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ArfJason posted:

I may have very well deteriorated beyond repair in the 4 months i was unable to play the game, but gently caress man, these dmgs are no loving pushovers.

I had a similar problem but it really is that we've become noob, prepare to spend weeks trying to make up ground

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Anyone here going to IEM Sydney?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That first faze-astralis map was pretty drat good

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Watch that Xypex 1v3 clutch if you can

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
xyp is clutching better now than getright did before anyone else even knew how to play

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Even back in 2014 I was saying that Xyp9x was the smartest clutcher in the game. And since then he has only really got better, and his aiming/crosshair positioning is much improved so he pulls off his plays way more frequently. Now he's probably also the best clutcher full stop. Dude is just a total natural at CS I guess. When he was 17 back in fnatic/CPH Wolves, he was already ice cold and made decisions under pressure as good as or better than most veteran players.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

G2 just lost to Hunden's new team lmao

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why does the net graph thing always show a ~20 higher ping than the regular scoreboard and also what is a choke %

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Navi is getting dumpstered by mouz right now.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

Why does the net graph thing always show a ~20 higher ping than the regular scoreboard and also what is a choke %

Because net graph updates instantly, scoreboard does not. Idk what choke is specifically but if it isn't 0 then the server you're on is having issues

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Smol posted:

Watch that Xypex 1v3 clutch if you can

1v4!

the way Faze loses dumb rounds by Kio, Rain, or Allu overpeeking makes me think SK is going to dumpster them. Allu and Kio were especially stupid in their play on Cbbl.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

drunken officeparty posted:

They are also measured different ways I think. One is ICMP ping, the other is tcp or udp transmission times. Scoreboard is an average over time which is why it changes less.

I found this on choke

quote:

Choke: Server has decided to not send you a packet because your "rate" is insufficient to receive the number of packets you requested ("cl_updaterate"). Packets can vary in size, in busy fights there's more information per packet, so this can be why you don't see choke all the time.

High choke means your pc can't handle the volume of stuff the server wants to send so the server is sending less, or that you're playing for Liquid.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
^ lol

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Hell of a way to win the pistol round Faze

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

this is vintage SK right now. the patience followed by a crushing take :syoon:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

SK is back

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableShakingStrawberryBatChest

SK peaking while everyone else is falling flat

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I think Faze wins if they get to mirage. But beating SK on overpass will be hard.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

How many force buy wins in a row is this lmao

E: 11 force buy wins in a row so far :v:

Smol fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 7, 2017

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
That was a good half

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Theres nothing quite like losing horribly, having the top frag on our team get mad and team damage, kicking him and come back to a rousing 15-12, then as soon as we get 15 rounds, my ping shoots up to 500+. Gotta love it. I am not angry at all.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I am especially not angry we lost round 28 because some idiot dropped me the bomb and the cts eco rushed t spawn. Not loving mad and screaming at all.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

faze can hang with the big bois

SK is loving back

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
They have a lot of demos to go over from this event that should get them working on the issues of trying to make unnecessary plays and throwing away advantages. If they're serious about gunning for that top spot. Sk is crazy and if faze developed half that discipline they'd be twice as scary.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Ha. Navi just did the 3rd round UMP buy I've been theorizing about.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
but they're down 6-0 to misfits on their best map. lmao

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

hahahaha that shot

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingSuccessfulGorillaKAPOW

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

guardian getting wrecked by shazam, more evidence we truly are in the darkest timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Goofballs posted:

guardian getting wrecked by shazam, more evidence we truly are in the darkest timeline

it's like his own fan fiction is coming to life