Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Toe to tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Take it to the bank boys.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's a licenced figurine

I don't want any drat quality.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Trabant posted:

accually is dolan

Ftfy

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Facebook Aunt posted:

Always wear your boots around legos. You don't want to step on them in barefeet, knockoff or not.

Surely you wear boots around your feetos not your legos?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Would not put in mouth

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Surely you wear boots around your feetos not your legos?
:sbahj:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Where did you come from, where did you go?
Kill me while I'm sleepin, Sharp Hand Joe

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That might actually be a knockoff of a bootleg. Here's a really annoying video which explains it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJAml4-yvBQ

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Either way, I'd enjoy reading an A/T thread about that whole system - it's fascinating how much money there is flying around something that's still being made up as it goes.

Same.

It's just so...bizarre. Like, I get it, but I don't get it. Getting a peek under the hood would be super neat.

Also when that bubble pops, it's gonna pop hard. We'll be subjected to a litany of darksydephils crying into cameras at their grandmothers' kitchen tables about how Youtube totally hosed them and how it wasn't their fault for putting all their eggs into a basket that very clearly was going to disappear suddenly one day.

The hell would you put on your resume, or say in an interview? "Online content producer?"

"Oh, so you're one of those kids that thought they'd be like pewdiepie, huh? What kind of content did you create?"

"I made garbage videos in an attempt to trick kids into clicking on them, and to send to click farms to earn ad revenue I wasn't entitled to."

*visibly feeds resume to shredder*

"We'll be in touch if we need your services."

Also, as noted by another poster, the tax consequences are severe, and the people producing these won't realize it until they file their first return. They're definitely self-employed (or "independent contractors"), so by default, no withholding comes out of their checks. So they'll march down to the tax preparer with their 1099-MISCs in hand, grinning at how much money they made that year, not realizing that anywhere from 25 to 50 percent of that income should've been held back for (or sent quarterly to) the IRS. :downs:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Same.

It's just so...bizarre. Like, I get it, but I don't get it. Getting a peek under the hood would be super neat.

Also when that bubble pops, it's gonna pop hard. We'll be subjected to a litany of darksydephils crying into cameras at their grandmothers' kitchen tables about how Youtube totally hosed them and how it wasn't their fault for putting all their eggs into a basket that very clearly was going to disappear suddenly one day.

The hell would you put on your resume, or say in an interview? "Online content producer?"

"Oh, so you're one of those kids that thought they'd be like pewdiepie, huh? What kind of content did you create?"

"I made garbage videos in an attempt to trick kids into clicking on them, and to send to click farms to earn ad revenue I wasn't entitled to."

*visibly feeds resume to shredder*

"We'll be in touch if we need your services."

Also, as noted by another poster, the tax consequences are severe, and the people producing these won't realize it until they file their first return. They're definitely self-employed (or "independent contractors"), so by default, no withholding comes out of their checks. So they'll march down to the tax preparer with their 1099-MISCs in hand, grinning at how much money they made that year, not realizing that anywhere from 25 to 50 percent of that income should've been held back for (or sent quarterly to) the IRS. :downs:

I'll probably never stop being :allears: hearing about the absolute con job that is youtube's funmoney revenue industry, and how everyone in advertising assures me it definitely makes sense, and then proceeds to explain it in terms that only cement for me that every single level of it, on either side of the money exchange, is literally making everything up as they go along. Even more so I love when the holes in the web of lies get big enough they can't be ignored and everyone acts like it's some new, shocking twist, and not a flaw that was clearly visible from day one.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Wow her balloon creations sure are .... something

See if you can spot the exact moment she got tired of thinking up alternate character names

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/863274268511137792

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Same.

It's kind of already happening ever since that pewdiepie thing where people called him out on being a nazi and advertisers backed out. Advertisers have been backing out on more than a few youtubers and for a while everyone was making videos about how "this is the death of youtube!" and how it was "SJW Censorship Gone Mad!" and that the wallstreet journal had somehow unfairly ruined pewdiepie's livelihood? Now other youtube funnymen are willingly opening their mouths to rant about how racism doesn't exist and brown people are just naturally inferior, but it's still just completely unfair for advertisers and other sponsors to politicize their deals by cutting ties with them over that!

Anyway;
I hope this hasn't been posted. I love this bear and would legit buy one if I ever saw one in a store.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"One Giant Size poo poo Bitch Bear" may be the finest product name of all time

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Nuebot posted:

Anyway;
I hope this hasn't been posted. I love this bear and would legit buy one if I ever saw one in a store.

https://www.pulju.net/shit_bitch_nallekarhu

Dunno if they ship anywhere else but Finland.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Pingiivi posted:

https://www.pulju.net/shit_bitch_nallekarhu

Dunno if they ship anywhere else but Finland.

Looks like they do. Shipping costs about 28 Euro.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Apparently this is meant to be Katy Perry's Firework

I'm more of a Taylaat Swiiffefnmkfdfndf guy myself

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That's obviously her big hit Firenork, get with the times grandpa :colbert:

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Nuebot posted:

It's kind of already happening ever since that pewdiepie thing where people called him out on being a nazi and advertisers backed out. Advertisers have been backing out on more than a few youtubers and for a while everyone was making videos about how "this is the death of youtube!" and how it was "SJW Censorship Gone Mad!" and that the wallstreet journal had somehow unfairly ruined pewdiepie's livelihood? Now other youtube funnymen are willingly opening their mouths to rant about how racism doesn't exist and brown people are just naturally inferior, but it's still just completely unfair for advertisers and other sponsors to politicize their deals by cutting ties with them over that!

Anyway;

https://loveislame.com/

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

EorayMel posted:

That's obviously her big hit Firenork, get with the times grandpa :colbert:
Yeah nah mate you call that Katy Perry's firenork? This is Katy Perry's firenork.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kennel posted:

Wow her balloon creations sure are .... something

See if you can spot the exact moment she got tired of thinking up alternate character names

[/quote]

Oh god, the number is local and the name is vaguely familiar. I probably drive past this portal to hell every day without realizing it.

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
My boyfriend bought this at a sketchy gas station/dvd rental store.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I had to double take at the package back because for a second I thought the Space Warriors were holding hands.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
So Slowbeef and TieTuesday on Retsuprae has started showing people some of these utterly bizzare, violent, and even sexual Disney knockoff YouTube cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq1uiYXWIGY

Goofy's badonkadonk :stonklol:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

It's like the guy who was dictating this had a stroke part way through, but they kept going and decided to print it anyways

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh he had a stroke alright

A stroke of genius

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Three-Phase posted:

So Slowbeef and TieTuesday on Retsuprae has started showing people some of these utterly bizzare, violent, and even sexual Disney knockoff YouTube cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq1uiYXWIGY

Goofy's badonkadonk :stonklol:

So is there a special way they're not getting taken down by Disney? It's not like this is a obscure channel, this is a verified youtube channel with millions of views.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

bobjr posted:

So is there a special way they're not getting taken down by Disney? It's not like this is a obscure channel, this is a verified youtube channel with millions of views.

Most of the views from channels like these are about 1:1:8 young children-curious adults- bot farms set up to click the video a hundred thousand times each. All for those sweet sweet youtube bucks for high view counts.

At least, that is my hypothesis. There are plenty of other theories floating around but it's a classic case of justice is blind.

Since I am here,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

And on the other side of the shot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Most of the views from channels like these are about 1:1:8 young children-curious adults- bot farms set up to click the video a hundred thousand times each. All for those sweet sweet youtube bucks for high view counts.

At least, that is my hypothesis. There are plenty of other theories floating around but it's a classic case of justice is blind.

Everything about how youtube's money works is such a ridiculous shell game, only it's now to the point where you can't tell which side of the table the conman is standing on, they just keep moving the shells, going back and forth over imaginary money.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Went to a toy convention last weekend, there were a few bootleg makers and dealers there:

Sorry not the best pictures.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Drop Bears of Endor is the best
The VW Bus on top of ATAT legs is great too

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CzarChasm posted:

The VW Bus on top of ATAT legs is great too

Huh, I totally missed that.

It's a knockoff of this well known image which has been around for years:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm a cross between Hiphop Trooper and Happy Vader.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Drop Bears of Endor is my new band name.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Awooo! Drop bears of Endor!

(his hair was perfect)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I bring you pics from China

Minecraft and Ninjalego

Jeans flavoured condoms (possibly real from Durex)

Minions

Simpsons