Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
please stop discussing the fake episode title and instead discuss that the new chapter of the yamcha manga is out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blockhouse posted:

please stop discussing the fake episode title and instead discuss that the new chapter of the yamcha manga is out

do you wanna link us to this

the last guy never linked us to the episode title thing, so you could establish dominance easily here

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'd heard that the guy doing that had started work on some other lovely crossover so the Yamcha thing would never be finished?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

do you wanna link us to this

the last guy never linked us to the episode title thing, so you could establish dominance easily here

It's literally a rumor that started on 2ch so

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Plankton posted:

dont want to give 17 and 18 PTSD issues
if anyone can keep their chill it's 17 and 18

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aurora posted:

It's literally a rumor that started on 2ch so

I'm pretty sure the Yamcha manga is powerful and real tho.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Yeah, but it's not translated yet.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dias posted:

I'm pretty sure the Yamcha manga is powerful and real tho.

You know that's not what I was talking about :mad:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

bowmore posted:

Why can't we have Cell helping out in the tournament?

That would be a great story for next time Trunks shows up.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bulma should build a time machine, then keep going back 10 min in time collecting duplicate Gokus. A team of 10 Gokus.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

bowmore posted:

Why can't we have Cell helping out in the tournament?

Because his soul is still being purified in hell.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rutibex posted:

Bulma should build a time machine, then keep going back 10 min in time collecting duplicate Gokus. A team of 10 Gokus.

this works out because it just leaves 9 universes without gokus that inevitably get erased in their own timelines. very clean

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

If they were staying true to DBZ this would not be strange at all

gohan has a 50/50 chance on his transformation being useful if you're staying true to dbz

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
So, a few spoilers on the new chapter of the Reborn-As-Yamcha manga, read them at your peril: YAMCHA FUCKS UP BIGTIME. He uses his knowledge of future events to go to Namek before the Saiyans even arrive. Gets his potential unlocked by Guru, trains with Nail, then he's back home with a power level of over nine thousand in time to gently caress up the timeline forever by killing Vegeta. The chapter ends with him realising that he's totally hosed up the entire sequence of events from here on out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fuego Fish posted:

So, a few spoilers on the new chapter of the Reborn-As-Yamcha manga, read them at your peril: YAMCHA FUCKS UP BIGTIME. He uses his knowledge of future events to go to Namek before the Saiyans even arrive. Gets his potential unlocked by Guru, trains with Nail, then he's back home with a power level of over nine thousand in time to gently caress up the timeline forever by killing Vegeta. The chapter ends with him realising that he's totally hosed up the entire sequence of events from here on out.

Dr Gero is going to kill everyone with no super saiyjins around. lol owned

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Fuego Fish posted:

Link?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rutibex posted:

Dr Gero is going to kill everyone with no super saiyjins around. lol owned
Krillin gets killed, Goku Powers up to SSJ and is still less than cell. :v:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

frieza is my friend and i hope he shows up even if that means tien gets screwed over.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zedd posted:

Krillin gets killed, Goku Powers up to SSJ and is still less than cell. :v:

There will be no Cell, as Gero will not have access to Friezas DNA. The androids are still more than powerful enough to kill everyone without SSJ though.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Still in Japanese, but easy enough to figure out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

That looks like Vegita escaped, not killed by Yamcha. There is a pod flying away at the end of the battle:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Yeah on closer inspection I think you're right. I thought that was something else at first. Still, even without Vegeta eatin' it, that's still a really big derailment from the original continuity.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It looks like Yamcha just realized as Vegeta flew away just how vital 'Geets is to the timeline being anything like he remembers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

It looks like Yamcha just realized as Vegeta flew away just how vital 'Geets is to the timeline being anything like he remembers.

Don't worry Tien will pick up the slack.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rutibex posted:

Don't worry Tien will pick up the slack.

Yamcha: Okay, Tien, I know this is going to sound weird, but I need to you accept Babidi's power and then blow up the tournament arena.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the actual non-rumor episode summaries are out for episodes 90-93:

DBS ep.90: "Facing the Wall that Must be Overcome! Goku vs Gohan"
14 May
The universe's destruction is on the line at the "Tournament of Power". The ten members for the Universe 7 team led by Son Goku have finally been decided. With a little time left before the tournament, Goku and Tenshinhan team off against Gohan and Piccolo for a training match.
DBS ep.91: "Which Universe Will Prevail?! The Mightiest Warriors Assemble!!"
21 May
In the training match, Gohan displays enough power to hold his own against Goku, showing that he's grown stronger than ever before. Meanwhile, Vegeta heads to God's palace to start training in the Room of Spirit and Time.
DBS ep.92: "Emergency! We Don't Have All 10 Members!!"
28 May
The tournament member Majin Buu ends up unable to participate. It turns out he's fallen asleep and definitely won't wake up again for about two months. Goku rushes to Buu.
DBS ep.93: "You're the 10th Warrior! Goku Visits Freeza!!"
4 June
After seeing with his own eyes that Buu won't awaken no matter what, Goku suggests recruiting Freeza as the 10th member. While everyone objects, Goku hurries to ask Fortuneteller Baba to resurrect Freeza from Hell for just 24 hours.

its happening

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Kelp Plankton posted:

14 May
The universe's destruction is on the line at the "Tournament of Power". The ten members for the Universe 7 team led by Son Goku have finally been decided. With a little time left before the tournament, Goku and Tenshinhan team off against Gohan and Piccolo for a training match.
21 May
In the training match, Gohan displays enough power to hold his own against Goku, showing that he's grown stronger than ever before. Meanwhile, Vegeta heads to God's palace to start training in the Room of Spirit and Time.
28 May
The tournament member Majin Buu ends up unable to participate. It turns out he's fallen asleep and definitely won't wake up again for about two months. Goku rushes to Buu.
4 June
After seeing with his own eyes that Buu won't awaken no matter what, Goku suggests recruiting Freeza as the 10th member. While everyone objects, Goku hurries to ask Fortuneteller Baba to resurrect Freeza from Hell for just 24 hours.

its happening

Did Buu fall asleep from training too hard?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

14 May
21 May
28 May
4 June

its happening
Having Buu out of the Tournament twice in a row (Plus conveniently being asleep for the RoF arc) is super lame.

OTOH having RoF actually feel like it isn't quite so fillerish and actually relevant to later plot arcs is good. I'm torn.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good. God.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I am abundantly ok with this

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kelp Plankton posted:

14 May
21 May
28 May
4 June

its happening

Gohan has always been my favorite DBZ character, and he's been made into a bitch in super. I'm glad some of the spotlight can go back to him like in Cell Saga.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress are they going to do with this

I cannot wait for new Dragon Ball

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I hate this so much

Stop sucking Friezas dead dick Toyo, he wasnt the only loving villain in the series

Now that I got my childish rage out of the aY let me say I cant wait for the actual tourney to start

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
whaaaaaaaaaaaat the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit holy shiiiiiiiit. i guess it makes sense, what with the disparity between buff buu, and fat buu in the promotional materials. STILL.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Buu falling asleep and missing the tournament is kind of lame but makes sense from a character perspective. what if Freeza goes AWOL and they really DO need Yamcha

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Ok

Sure

Why not

Edit: Why did it have to be Buu, though. Why couldn't it be one of the lamers like Tien or Gohan

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Friezas coming back so vegeta has a reason to feud with beerus without being an irresponsible dad. he's gonna spill the beans about beerus when things inevitably don't go his way.

Goku will ally with vegeta just so he has a chance to fight.

the culminator posted:

Stop sucking Friezas dead dick Toyo, he wasnt the only loving villain in the series

toryiamas the ideas guy you loser

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i just want to remind you all dbz was at its peak when an unrepentant rear end in a top hat(vegeta on namek) was one of the main players in the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I... actually care about avoiding spoilers. For DBZ. We live in strange days, thread.

• Locked thread