Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I am all about Live Die Repeat and Repeat. That is a loving awesome title.

Live Die Repeat, Moreso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Live Duo Repeat

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Live Die.... A-nother Day...A-nother Day...A-NOTHER DAY...ANOTHER DAY-AH.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Live Die Repost

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think that was most of the world- just that in the US, Mad Max did merely okay for a B movie (there was apparently dubbing which didn't help) so Warner Bros. decided to start fresh.

Correct.

Warner Bros. actually rebranded again when they started putting it out on blu-ray. Basically the US version of the movie doesn't exist anymore, on the blu-ray releases the packaging on the earlier US ones says The Road Warrior but it's the European cut of the movie with very slightly more graphic violence at some points and the Mad Max 2 title card. But since that point, officially, Warner Bros. refers to the movie as MAD MAX 2: THE ROAD WARRIOR worldwide. The best of both worlds.

Given how sequels with only the same leads get named in other Japan nerd stuff I'm shocked they didn't title it Live Die Repeat Again becaause that would have been awesome.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jack Gladney posted:

Dean Stockwell vs Cousin Balki is the greatest drama. I feel like King tv adaptations really capture the spirit and feel of the 90s better than a lot of things.

I haven't seen the Langoliers since I was a kid, but I remember Stockwell driving me up the loving wall with his constant "I know what's going on, but I'm not telling yet" isms.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

davidspackage posted:

I haven't seen the Langoliers since I was a kid, but I remember Stockwell driving me up the loving wall with his constant "I know what's going on, but I'm not telling yet" isms.

His character was a writer. I think it was some kind of Mary Sue or just straight up Jessica Fletcher on a plane.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

Live Die Repost

Lather Rinse Repeat

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Guy Mann posted:

Live Die Repost

Randabis posted:

Lather Rinse Repeat

Be Kind. Rewind.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cockmaster posted:

And how's this for a WTF sequel? Mary Poppins Returns

What chance do you suppose that has of not sucking?

I think they already made two modern Mary Poppins sequels. They just changed her name to Nanny McPhee.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mierenneuker posted:

I think they already made two modern Mary Poppins sequels. They just changed her name to Nanny McPhee.

And she's more dickish

Get Michael Rooker to play Mr Poppins

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mierenneuker posted:

Nanny McPhee is based on a series of books that came out in the 60s and 70s so the films aren't Mary Poppins ripoffs, they're adaptations of classic childrens books ........ which were Mary Poppins ripoffs.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Live Duo Repeat

Live Two Repeat

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Those Who Watched Edge of Tomorrow Are Doomed to Repeat It

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Did we do "The Edge of the Day After Tomorrow"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Edging until the day after tomorrow.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lobok posted:

Those Who Watched Edge of Tomorrow Are Doomed to Repeat It

He who edges tomorrows should take care that he himself does not live die repeat. And he who edges long into tomorrow discovers that tomorrow edges back.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shoombo posted:

I am all about Live Die Repeat and Repeat. That is a loving awesome title.

Live Die Repeat, Moreso

If they make a third one, it should be Live Die Threepeat

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They are just releasing the movie again and making no changes, hoping no one notices

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Detective No. 27 posted:

900 pages? How droll.

The very first thing that popped into my head when playing Alan Wake was that it was like a shittier Darkplace.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This thread is amazing for the simple fact that the AYNIK retitle sucked like two months out of my life.

Replay was still the best title gently caress y'all.

edit: finalists

TOMORROW NEVER COMES
THE FINAL DAY
TOMORROW IS FOREVER
EDGE OF TOMORROW
THE ENDLESS DAY
ALL YOU NEED IS TIME
LIVE DIE REPEAT

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 8, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

The Edge of the Day After Tomorrow Never Dies

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fried Watermelon posted:

They are just releasing the movie again and making no changes, hoping no one notices

I'd be okay with this, honestly.

I'm happy we are getting another EOT/LDR movie, and don't care how stupid the title is as long as the move is as good as the first one.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It really was enjoyable.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Edge of Tomorrow 2: The Edge Lords

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LDR: sXe

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I just wish the aliens had been a little more anthropomorphic. What they went with looked pretty cool, but it meant every action scene was the heroes blazing away from a stationary position at a quick moving thing, since imagining how something like that would actually move and fight is really hard.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

This thread is amazing for the simple fact that the AYNIK retitle sucked like two months out of my life.

Replay was still the best title gently caress y'all.

edit: finalists

TOMORROW NEVER COMES
THE FINAL DAY
TOMORROW IS FOREVER
EDGE OF TOMORROW
THE ENDLESS DAY
ALL YOU NEED IS TIME
LIVE DIE REPEAT

Replay makes me think of The Fifth Element, a better movie. Not a good choice.

Although a gun with a setting that just shoots Tom Cruise over and over would be pretty cool

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Snowman_McK posted:

I just wish the aliens had been a little more anthropomorphic. What they went with looked pretty cool, but it meant every action scene was the heroes blazing away from a stationary position at a quick moving thing, since imagining how something like that would actually move and fight is really hard.

aliens wouldn't look or act anything like us so i appreciated that.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

aliens wouldn't look or act anything like us so i appreciated that.

I have no problem with it from a realism/immersion perspective. I loved the design. It's just that it badly hamstrings the ability to construct good action scenes. As ridiculously unimaginative as it makes them, I do understand why all the Marvel villains are either human henchmen or human henchmen sized and shaped. Because it's much easier to choreograph a fight scene that way.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I imagined getting invaded by the aliens in Arrival as pretty terrifying. A bit War of the Worlds meets Edge of Tomorrow octopus types.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Hellboy is getting rebooted :/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hellboy-reboot-works-stranger-things-star-david-harbour-1001462

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Well if Del Toro is not going to do it...

kiimo posted:

I imagined getting invaded by the aliens in Arrival as pretty terrifying. A bit War of the Worlds meets Edge of Tomorrow octopus types.

Or maybe the tentacle aliens would fear (or at least be extremely creeped our by) us.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 9, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
New director and star, sure, that's okay, it never seemed like Hellboy 3 was a big priority.

But the R rating is a bit odd- the comic isn't really aimed at kids but it's not loaded with blood, sex, or even much swearing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Sleight was actually good and sure as poo poo didn't look like it only had a 250K budget. Dule Hill makes a great villain.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Well...eh...okay...maybe...I dunno. Hellboy 1 and 2 were great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell no.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That's not bad casting but I want Perlman, he's a national treasure.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Maxwell Lord posted:

New director and star, sure, that's okay, it never seemed like Hellboy 3 was a big priority.

But the R rating is a bit odd- the comic isn't really aimed at kids but it's not loaded with blood, sex, or even much swearing.

They'll replace each "Aw crap!" with at least five crasser expletives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Hellboy 2 was basically a PG-13 remake of Blade II so I guess they figured they'd go all out for this.

• Locked thread