Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Awesome lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

badass

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Plutonis posted:

Oh poo poo speaking of Mongolia

In 1444, the Ming dynasty is still in its relative infancy, having taken over China from the Yuan Empire in in the late 14th century. The remnants of the Yuan still remain in our start date in the form of the Mongolia tag (something you can already see in the tooltip for previous Emperors in the Empire of China interface.

For patch 1.21 we have expanded a bit on this and added a decision for Altaic countries to restore the Great Yuan Empire and reclaim the heritage of Kublai Khan. It will require you to unite the Eastern Altaic cultures and be the Empire of China (or at least Empire rank if you lack the Mandate of Heaven DLC) and will grant claims and ideas based on the Yuan Dynasty.

That sounds awesome

In Stellaris news, current patch is called Banks, my all time favorite scifi author. So I guess it's time to start a new game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

theres a new hoi4 dev diary and they didnt say anything about fixing the air war

its epic

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=867762579 thanks to DICKHEAD for linking me this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is gonna be my next play after Mongolia implodes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sick

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

uh thats loving awesome

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1444 Japan is already one of the best starts in the game. Cant wait to patch and play Odubunga's Nightmare

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whoa thts sick

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did Miami get flooded. lol

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Did Miami get flooded. lol

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

you can raise it with mil points like legitimacy​ right

I drove myself crazy trying to figure out how to do this but it turns out it's a DLC I don't own :/

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

In Training posted:

a DLC I don't own

Does... not... compute! Haha!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone want to play multiplayer EU4

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

theres a new hoi4 dev diary and they didnt say anything about fixing the air war

its epic

They are revamping it in the next patch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also I'm not gonna pay 10 bucks to paradox for a country focus pack

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Yeah. I'm gonna pay 20!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can you still do the endless campaign bug in 1.20 now that they've moved on to 1.21. have they ever hotfixed old versions

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah. I'm gonna pay 20!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I would but not for the countries in question. I've never been playing a WWII game and thought to myself "man I wish the Czechoslovak experience in this game were more fleshed out" lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I would but not for the countries in question. I've never been playing a WWII game and thought to myself "man I wish the Czechoslovak experience in this game were more fleshed out" lol

they should do the freaking chinamen or mongolia or finland (but i repeat myself)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The Paradox forums are basically a huge discussion specifically about that.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Mongolia has Finnish ideas in the 1.21 patch.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the new stellaris patch and DLC. It's not perfect yet but it's getting there. Lots of fiddly stuff got smoothed over. Just wish there was a little more content going.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I like the new stellaris patch and DLC. It's not perfect yet but it's getting there. Lots of fiddly stuff got smoothed over. Just wish there was a little more content going.

Your brain got smoothed over you tiny pussy.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Is Stellaris good yet?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

emoji posted:

Is Stellaris good yet?

It got way better after Utopia but not as much as its full potential

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Plutonis posted:

It got way better after Utopia but not as much as its full potential

Yeah, it's definitely better now. Could always do with some more content for later on in the game, but it's a good step up from the condition it was in at release.

That being said, I've just had the equivalent of the Aztecs rock up on my doorstep...Some "awakened ascendancy" FE popped into existence (previously left the galaxy, then just recently sent some probes over, reactivating all their shipyards and defenses, etc.) on the other side of the galaxy, then declared war on my piss-weak, war-ravaged federation member (who's ALSO on my side of the galaxy, opposite the FE), who proceeded to drag me into the war, just before I stopped for the night.
So now I have a ~120k fleet including some huge dreadnought thing (that just teleported through/past a few empires, straight into my space) bombarding one of my core planets to deal with next time I start the game...with my ~53k strength fleet, which is the strongest non-FE one in the game right now...
:negative:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

decided to play a fanatical purifier civ and a fallen empire halfway across the galaxy declared war on me before I had even surveyed anything outside my home system

next time I guess I will turn down AI aggression

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

emoji posted:

Is Stellaris good yet?

They added a thing called Traditions that's basically social policies from Civ5 except a little less fleshed out. It needs work but it's a good start

The game also needs more options for interacting with other civs in ways that aren't warfare, like espionage or cultural influence. At least federations are less retarded now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:rolleyes:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

it's from the insane modern day mod for hoi4. check this out

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

extremely steampunk posted:

They added a thing called Traditions that's basically social policies from Civ5 except a little less fleshed out. It needs work but it's a good start

The game also needs more options for interacting with other civs in ways that aren't warfare, like espionage or cultural influence. At least federations are less retarded now

The traditions are really bad because you basically end up taking the same stuff every game and the only differences are minor such as "do I want to form federations now or later". It would be better if you didn't have to fill out the trees to get to the good poo poo like building massive space stations (which comes too drat late in the game anyways!).

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

thats my biggest problem with them. by the time you get the really interesting perks the game has pretty much run its course. but I still think it's a decent start for them to build on

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whats the current state of eu4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pewdiepie posted:

The traditions are really bad because you basically end up taking the same stuff every game and the only differences are minor such as "do I want to form federations now or later". It would be better if you didn't have to fill out the trees to get to the good poo poo like building massive space stations (which comes too drat late in the game anyways!).

Yeah. Its a step in the right direction but I don't like them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Devouring Swarm civic is pretty interesting and definitely a hard mode, especially with high AI aggression

I'm in the early game already fighting for my life against two empires that are roughly equal tech level and size as me, just barely beating them by bunkering and abusing the not-so-smart navy AI. Seems like it will make for an intense game from start to finish