Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Please summarize the crawling under the truck story I missed that one

We were alone together at a rainy, remote campsite and when I beckoned for him to join me in the tent, he instead wordlessly crawled under his truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

fruit on the bottom posted:

Someone threatened to kill Riff Raff?

I think Jastiger has some been explaining to do.

I'd like to see anyone try to kill Joey Highroller AKA RiFF RaFF AKA Rap Game Action Jackson. Dude's yoked as hell now.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

We were alone together at a rainy, remote campsite and when I beckoned for him to join me in the tent, he instead wordlessly crawled under his truck.

Holy poo poo it's better than I ever could have imagined

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick you need, and I understand the irony of the advice I'm giving, to have a little more respect for yourself.

It's irrelevant now because I said if we were going to hang out any more he had to be "not mean" to me so he was basically like nah I'd rather sever our friendship forever

and that is the end of the story.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Wait, like he crawled out of the wheelchair?
drat that's some commitment.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wait, like he crawled out of the wheelchair?
drat that's some commitment.

It's not a 100% of the time thing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Ah that makes more sense, but ruins the mental image.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Pick posted:

*comes to her house after 2 months of invites and multiple cancellations*
*smells food* I don't want any.
{after urging} ok but not very much
*eats entire steak, leaves vegetables*
I can't wait to read the book douchebag gave me. You should take the books you gave me back I'm never going to read them.
*looks at my bookshelf*
I know this is bad, but *takes back audiobooks he had given me* I don't know if I copied these before I gave them to you
*describes pointless fight with person refitting his windows*
*goes to pet cat but recoils when lazy cat sniffs his fingers*
*gets up to leave when she takes a whizz*

I thought all of the reddit posts were required to have gender and ages?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pick posted:

It's not a 100% of the time thing.

Neither were you.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ah that makes more sense, but ruins the mental image.

Yea it was funnier before

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

Age gap! Cheating! Bad choices all around!
I [15F] have a huge crush on this [20M] guy I met over the summer. I think he likes me back. But I already have a boyfriend?

Best comment

Ooooh, never mind guys it's fine. It's chiiiiiill

drat, her boyfriend is lucky shes imploding now.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I [27F] want to sedate mentally & physically handicapped future-SIL [25F] at our wedding. Advice? Opinions? Alternatives?

quote:

r/relationships◉ Locked Post ◉

u/Just1Day

My wonderful SO, Evan [30M], proposed after four years together. I am beyond elated, and ready to spend the rest of my life with him.

Evan only has one sibling, a sister. His sister [25] has a plethora of physical and mental disabilities that will limit her independence for the rest of her life. She still lives with Evan's parents, and has a part-time assistant.

She is completely wheelchair bound. She is mostly non-vocal. She used to use sign language frequently, but has progressively lost that ability because she has lost dexterity.

I love my future SIL, with all my heart. I know one day we will take SIL and move her into our house. She has expressed wanting to stay an active member of the family, and not move into a group home. I am fully on board!

However, both Evan and I have agreed that she cannot live with us until how she deals with her feelings is in check. When SIL cannot get her point across, or does not like something, she screams bloody murder. Sometimes until her face turns blue. Sometimes she lashes out to hit, but is too slow because of her muscular condition. She's been known to puke on herself purposefully for attention, or knock things over, more so when she isn't being given attention when she's trying to show off something.

So, my wedding day is coming up. And I really, really, just want it to be about me and Evan. I want to be that bride in the white dress with all eyes on her. I want to have my day in the sun and surrounded by all the people I know and love. I want a great wedding, with great memories, where everyone has a good time.

.........I realize this next sentence is really controversial. And I really feel bad about it, which is why I'm asking Reddit for advice before I say anything that I can never take back.

I would like to ask Evan's mom if we can keep SIL sedated during the wedding. I think it has been mentioned that SIL was prescribed sedatives when she was a kid so she could go to school and not act out. I'd really like to have a wedding that is easy, relaxing, and enjoyable for everyone. And hopefully, with a little chemical help, SIL will also be calm through the whole thing.

I figure, I would ask anyone coming to my wedding to keep their infant child or six year old quiet. So is this that much different?

I don't want MIL to spend her time at the ceremony in the back with SIL trying to keep her from acting out. At Evan's cousin's college graduation we attended, that's all my MIL did the whole time. She didn't get to enjoy it. And seeing as this will most likely be the only wedding she gets to go to where one of her kids is getting married, I'd like for her to be able to participate without having to feel like she needs to chaperone in the back.

I'm afraid if I just say "I want to keep SIL calm and quiet"- she'll take this route. And I've thought about SIL's part time caretaker, but I don't know if this is a good fit. SIL could still start shouting because of new, unexpected sounds in a new environment. Or cause herself to vomit because she (SIL) isn't getting enough attention. I honestly could handle the noise. The vomit is just nasty.

Is this too selfish? Should I not even ask? I feel really torn. On one side, I really want to just have a normal, peaceful wedding where I don't have to worry about anything. On the other hand, I don't want to be the bitch who forced/coerced/asked to drug up the handicapped kid.

TL;DR-- I would like to suggest sedating my fiance's only sister who is special needs at our wedding because she has a history of loud, and sometimes gross (forced vomiting) outbursts, and worrying about those potential outbursts and not having some family members (including SIL) fully participate will cause unnecessary strain on the ceremony and celebration. How can I bring it up without being offensive or too pushy? Has anyone gone through a similar situation to offer advice?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I [27F] want to sedate mentally & physically handicapped future-SIL [25F] at our wedding. Advice? Opinions? Alternatives?

She should def show this to her future husband, yikes

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pick posted:

This reminds me of the dude and his crush sleeping in the same tent (or maybe their was a divider?) and she was just finger blasting herself and moaning and he would just get up and leave. This happened several nights in a row, anyone remember which one I'm talkin about?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

This reminds me of the dude and his crush sleeping in the same tent (or maybe their was a divider?) and she was just finger blasting herself and moaning and he would just get up and leave. This happened several nights in a row, anyone remember which one I'm talkin about?

Yes and he was like "help, what does this all mean?????"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I do because I made several posts about how familiar that all was.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Pick posted:

When you say beckon do you mean with words or did you do a "come hither" motion with those crypt keeper claws you call fingers?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

THIS is why you use throwaways
I [26 F] discovered that my SO [30 M] may have cheated on me.. via Reddit.

quote:

I guess it's best to do a little bit of a back story. My boyfriend and I have been together for going on three years now. We've had our share of ups and downs like most relationships do. Most of the downs involved his flirtatious ways with other females. When we first started dating, he proposed the idea of an "open relationship," which I completely declined and told him I would never be down for that sort of thing. He accepted it, but for a while continued to flirt with other women. As far as I know, he never outright cheated on me. He would just say pretty questionable things to them. We're past it now, and have been for a long time.
A little while ago he told me that I should join Reddit because he thought I'd really enjoy it (which I did, and do!) After getting used to how this site works, I decided to look him up and was planning on leaving some goofy comment on a post or something of his so that he'd know it was me. One of the first posts I saw from him was on Ask Reddit asking if holding hands with someone was considered cheating in your SO. My heart sank, and I didn't want to look any further into it, but curiosity got the best of me.
The post was from over a year ago. In a nut shell, he stated that he had been doing some questionable things and wondered if they qualified as cheating. To make matters worse, some of his responses to others included that he wished I would just hook up with someone so that he could do it himself. Yes, it was a year ago and things have been better since. But the question is, am I being petty? Do I confront him about the situation? Or continue acting like I know nothing?
TL;DR - My boyfriend posted on Reddit a year ago that he may have cheated. Da fuq do I do?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

When you say beckon do you mean with words or did you do a "come hither" motion with those crypt keeper claws you call fingers?

With words but he didn't reply at all. He just acted like he was deaf before, during, and after crawling under the truck. The entire truck process happened while I was speaking at him and he was pretending he couldn't hear me.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Never mind, went right back to being hilarious

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

With words but he didn't reply at all. He just acted like he was deaf before, during, and after crawling under the truck. The entire truck process happened while I was speaking at him and he was pretending he couldn't hear me.

He should have meowed while doing it so it wasn't awkward

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
In all of my drug and booze fueled parties, nothing as dumb as crawling under a truck to get out of the rain while there was a perfectly fine tent nearby happened. Dude stopped seeing you because his home planet needed him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

He should have meowed while doing it so it wasn't awkward

As noted, he is afraid of cats so I doubt he would make a cat sound. He is also afraid of car engines, tsunamis, spiders, snakes, ponies, dogs, and "poison".

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
and you apparently

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Simpler Times

How do I [13M] get my sister to let me go to a movie with friends tonight?

quote:

I live with my sister Elizibeth or Lizzi as I call her. I have two other sisters Emily and Selena. Lizzi is 24, EM is 21 and Sal is 23. They all look after me although Lizzi is my guardian. Lizzi won't let me go to the movies tonight. She told me it's an school night, and I'm not wondering around the mall at midnight. We would be going to a 10 pm movie. She also told me she does not want me alone with girls for an extended period of time with no supervision. Help me get her to let me go.

tl;dr: Sister won't let go to movies with friends.

quote:

SharkWeekJunkie• 6h
You need to listen to your guardian. 10pm movie is much too late for a 13 y/o on a school night. Is there an earlier movie you can go to?

quote:

The girl I like is going to the 10pm showing.

:allears:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
SO and I [22] don't know what to do after big fight with his mothers [51] live in "friend" [30m].

quote:

tl;dr SO's mothers friend is mentally and emotionally abusive to her and his 2 young children. SO's mother says "that's just the way he is" and deals with it. He kicked me out of the house. SO and I at hotel for the night. Don't know where to go from here.

I apologize for long read in advanced.

My SO and I have been living with his mother for about 2.5 months. We moved in with her because the rent in her city is a lot cheaper than most towns in the area, and it also has a very reasonably priced university which we are planning to attend next fall. She offered us a place to stay, and we took her up on the offer.

His mother separated from his father 13 years ago and has a man and his kids [6&8] living with her also for about a year (They met on a MMO 7 or so years ago and she took them in due drama with family/money). Space is a little tight, but we've all done our best to make the living situation as comfortable as possible. My boyfriend just got a job, and I've been searching everyday for one as well and we are trying our best to get out of the house and on our own ASAP.

This man, we'll call him Brandon, has been living with my SO's mother for a year with his children. He started taking online classes to be a game programmer, which she paid most/all of. But he quit the classes months ago, and now is either lounging around the house using my boyfriend's fathers netflix account, or playing video games. The reason for him being here in the first place was for my SO's mother to help him get his feet on the ground, but he has shown no intention on getting a job or continuing with his school. The only income he has, other than food stamps, is the "job" my boyfriends mom gave him to do landscaping for the homeowners association she is part of (basically, he blows leaves once a month for 200 dollars. That's all anyone has seen him do thus far).

My boyfriends mom goes to work 5 days a week and makes just enough to support them. While his mother is at work, Brandon plays his video games until he has to pick his kids up from school. Both kids are doing poorly in school because in the past, Brandon has taken them both out of school during the middle of the school year and they really haven't had a chance to learn anything. So the kids both need a lot of help with reading/homework after school, which he does not put any effort in to. Instead, he waits for SO's mom to come home from a 9 hour day at work and basically teach them how to read and do all of their homework with them. He often makes fun of his kids, calling them "retards" and telling his little girl "I hope you have nice tits when you grow up, because you have nothing else going for you". When they need help with reading a word, they will stand by his desk for 5 minutes saying "dad... dad.. what does this say?" before he even acknowledges their existence, and once he does, he yells the word at them and tells them to "go do your loving homework in the other room". A lot of the time, my SO and I feel obligated to step in and help them since he wont. Also, he refuses to do any of the house work, instead, pushing all of the work onto us and SO's mother. He doesn't even bathe his own children.

It's pretty clear to my SO and I that he is emotionally abusing and manipulating SO's mother. He yells at her, calls her a dumb rear end constantly. Orders her to get him food. She even bought him a truck over the summer, which no one in my SO's family is allowed to know about. The constant yelling in the house has caused my SO and I to feel anxious and clammed up, and we often need to get out of the house or stay in our room.

Up until now, we have been doing our best not to overstep our boundaries and live with the situation because we don't plan on staying here much longer. But tonight it got way out of hand. Brandon was going off about how Michael Jackson was part of the Illuminati, JFK was killed by Bush, and Obama wasn't a citizen. I told him I thought what he was saying was "Bullshit" and that it didn't make sense. He then started raising his voice, called me a "lazy little bitch" among other things, slammed on his desk, it got to the point where I felt physically threatened by him, but yelled at my boyfriend to "sit the gently caress down" when he went to defend me, and Brandon told me that my SO's mother and him thought I am "disrespectful, lazy, complain all the time, treat my SO like poo poo" etc. This just isn't the case. And I feel like it's just him projecting his own issues on to me. On top of all that, he told me that I had to be out of the house by tomorrow. Thing is, it isn't even his house. My boyfriend and I are sitting in a hotel right now trying to figure out what the gently caress to do about this. And his mother is so caught up in his delusional fuckery that she will not even stand up for her own son, and lets this man use her to no end.

We are at a loss of what to do. My family lives 2,500 miles away, and we are entertaining the thought of moving back there. Or maybe once things cool off, I'll be allowed to stay and I continue my job search and get out ASAP. Either way, it breaks my heart to have my boyfriend cry on my shoulder because he feels his mother is being taken advantage of and manipulated by this douche bag. He feels like she is choosing Brandon over him and as much as I hate to say it, I feel like he is right.

I'd appreciate any advice on the matter, as this is tough for both of us and we don't know what to do anymore. Thanks to all that took the time to read this wall of text.

I like that thing that finally set her off was talkin' trash about Michael Jackson. This dude sounds like a cross between a goon and some sort of mythological creature.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Nazzadan posted:

The porn monster strikes again!
My (18/M) GF (18/F) doesn't like when I watch porn.

hahahaha, this though:

quote:

So basically, because of this, I have virtually no way of relieving sexual needs for roughly 3 months.

if you can't jack it to imagining sex, after months, like you have to be watching porn, maaaaybe lay off the porn b/c it is doing something very bad to you

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Me [22/F] and my boyfriend [20/M] of 4 months, he has a specific type and it's not me at all?

quote:

So I know this problem is really common. My boyfriend and I are crazy about each other. We love spending time together, have a lot of similar interests, and have a ton of fun. I really feel like we're best friends and are on the same level.

However, I have some insecurity issues. I'm going to therapy currently to handle it, but it doesn't stop me from still having those feelings. I compare myself to almost all other women when I'm with him and I absolutely hate it.

He's really into anime (as am I) and I noticed that he really likes girls with the high-pitch sounding voice. I know to someone who isn't into this medium might think that people who are into lolis and the sort probably seem a bit strange but maybe you can keep an open mind. He listens to singers with that high pitched voice, and follows youtubers who have that high pitched voice (in no way is he a pedophile, please let me make that clear). Simultaneously, for women in real life, he is into blonde haired-blue eyed athletic women. I'm a brown-eyed, brown-haired, petite girl with a more deep voice (not like manly but I definitely don't have a high-pitch voice). He enjoys reading ecchi manga (lewd manga) and watching ecchi anime and also really enjoys watching porn and the like. (I also watch porn and enjoy lewd stuff)

I don't think it's bad to have a type, I don't think it's bad to watch porn, or really dig women in general. He's never treated me disrespectfully and we even joke about what he likes sometimes. But all of those combined, sometimes it puts these thoughts into my mind like, am I enough? I always feel like if I see a girl in public who's his type he'll like her more than me, or hears a girl in one of his games who has a high-pitched voice, if I see him give her attention, I start feeling not so good.

I probably sound neurotic and honestly I try my best to just dismiss those emotions when I start feeling them or let those thoughts subside but I am tired of feeling that way. I just want to be confident enough in myself to not even care.

Any advice? My boyfriend hasn't done anything wrong right? What can I do?

TL;DR: I'm insecure because my bf's type is the opposite of me and he really enjoys "lewd" media. How can I stop being so insecure?

Just a 3-D woman trying to make it in a 2-D world.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

As noted, he is afraid of cats so I doubt he would make a cat sound. He is also afraid of car engines, tsunamis, spiders, snakes, ponies, dogs, and "poison".

Was it just ponies or did it extend to horses as well

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pick posted:

These stories are a national treasure.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Blue Train posted:

Maybe he's only afraid of baby animals.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Horses also, of course.

Like this is all pretty funny in retrospect but I think it's hard to explain how insane you become when you're trying to comfort and satisfy someone for whom absolutely no conventional social rules apply. Imagine you're someone who wants to make amends if it seems they've made someone upset, but since anything can make that person irrationally upset, and anything that someone would conventionally do to make up for it also makes them upset, you end up in this cycle of feeling like you're a bad person and can't escape.

Imagine you give someone a bottle of 16 year Lagavulin as an apology for getting huffy because they stood you up and they accept it, then a month later they tell you they don't want it and multiple times over the course of a year try to force you to take it back.

e: His social skills were so bad that several times I passed out from... I don't know, stress?

Pick fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 9, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Pick did he ever do this?

My [28F] boyfriend [27M] of three years refused to pull over while he was driving, pissed himself, and then kinda blamed me for it

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for three years. We were driving in the back roads for an hour and near the beginning of our journey he said he needed to piss. I asked him at least four or five times if he wanted to pull over, since he was driving, and he refused. When we were almost home, with a gas station in sight, he said he couldn't make it any longer and pissed his pants.
I
t was a very awkward ride home the rest of the way (10 minutes). I didn't mention it and helped him clean it up while he showered and put on some fresh shorts.

He then tried to leave my house to return to his own house after he got out. I asked why and he said that it was because of him peeing himself and it happened because I was mad at him over something he had said before we left from our destination (what he said wasn't relevant to the. Previous to us getting into the car, I had told him I didn't want to talk about the issue for an hour, and just wanted to cool down a bit before we discussed it, as

I need some time to process things. I wasn't overly chatty during the car ride home, but I wasn't giving him the cold shoulder or anything. He said he just wanted to get home to discuss it (totally against his character, he is completely against confrontation), and that he didn't want to pull over so he could get out of the car quicker. I didn't really understand his explanation, but I haven't pushed.

Reddit, I've had a hard time dealing with this. On one hand, I know that bodily functions sometimes cannot be controlled, but he was in full control of the car and himself and refused to pull over. Then he kinda shifted the blame to me. I've had a hard time looking at him the same way. I mean he is a grown man, why is he pissing himself? I feel terrible for feeling this way, but he never acted embarrassed or anything, just kinda got defensive. I asked him if this has ever happened before, and he insisted that it hasn't.

Am I overreacting to what happened? I feel like I might be.

tl;dr: Boyfriend was driving and needed to pee. He refused to pull over and pissed his pants. Blamed me because I was upset over something he had said on why he did it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [28F] boyfriend [27M] of three years refused to pull over while he was driving, pissed himself, and then kinda blamed me for it
She should be pissed off.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

She should be pissed off.

You mean peed off?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Pick just send me booze.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

Pick just send me booze.

puppy pictures!!!!!!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Pick have you ever imagined getting to be the Person Under the Truck...

Someone sends you a nice gesture, you don't know how to process it so you just reject it.

They get close to you, but you feel insecure and inadequate and so you slither underneat a Chevy truck to avoid making yourself feel vulnerable.

You surround yourself by emotionally available people who continue to give you cupcakes and expensive booze and you respond with cryptic Google doc emails.

Imagine how freeing that would be, never having to be held accountable for your own actions or emotions. I suggest you surround yourself with people more emotionally available than yourself and see how it feels.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Horses also, of course.

Like this is all pretty funny in retrospect but I think it's hard to explain how insane you become when you're trying to comfort and satisfy someone for whom absolutely no conventional social rules apply. Imagine you're someone who wants to make amends if it seems they've made someone upset, but since anything can make that person irrationally upset, and anything that someone would conventionally do to make up for it also makes them upset, you end up in this cycle of feeling like you're a bad person and can't escape.

Imagine you give someone a bottle of 16 year Lagavulin as an apology for getting huffy because they stood you up and they accept it, then a month later they tell you they don't want it and multiple times over the course of a year try to force you to take it back.

e: His social skills were so bad that several times I passed out from... I don't know, stress?

You should try nihilism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Blue Train posted:

She should def show this to her future husband, yikes

I've seen that one before and I'm 100% on her side.

I have a little brother who is fairly severely disabled, but incredibly well socialized and well behaved. I've spent my entire life going to events that were filled with people like her sister in law and wanting a one day break from that, especially when you've agreed to care for that person later in life, is completely reasonable.

Like having a severely disabled sibling is awful, no matter how great they are, and she's willingly signing on to that life for the forceeable future. Let her have one day without making GBS threads and barfing and screaming.