Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bamabalacha posted:

I've seen that one before and I'm 100% on her side.

I have a little brother who is fairly severely disabled, but incredibly well socialized and well behaved. I've spent my entire life going to events that were filled with people like her sister in law and wanting a one day break from that, especially when you've agreed to care for that person later in life, is completely reasonable.

Like having a severely disabled sibling is awful, no matter how great they are, and she's willingly signing on to that life for the forceeable future. Let her have one day without making GBS threads and barfing and screaming.

In that case she should approach the husband and ask if either she can't attend or if he will help pacify her rather than trying to dope her up on the low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

Pick have you ever imagined getting to be the Person Under the Truck...

No, I don't get to be the person under the truck. I was raised to behave like a respectable woman.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Blue Train posted:

In that case she should approach the husband and ask if either she can't attend or if he will help pacify her rather than trying to dope her up on the low

The best approach would be to talk to her husband and his family and her doctors and come up with a way to allow her to attend the wedding. The fact that she is even thinking about finding alternate , even drugged up, ways to get the sister to the wedding is much more than most people want to do.

As I said, my brother is very disabled but very well socialized and he freaked out like 80% of my serious boyfriends. The fact that she wants to keep the sister in her life is awesome and not at all the norm.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

La Brea Carpet posted:

Bought VIP Meet & Greet Concert Tickets. Performer left the Venue without performing or meeting fans. What are my legal rights?

Some pretty standard, boring legal advice. Sounds like this person paid out a good amount for VIP tickets and got screwed. Who was the artist that caused the near riot? Click below to find out!

http://imgur.com/a/r7mCx

sounds like they're going to get to visit a magical place called "small claims court"

Though most people poo poo bricks at a certified letter and mail a check, if my experiences with shady landlords are any indication.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pick posted:

No, I don't get to be the person under the truck. I was raised to behave like a respectable woman.

I mean at this point you've got nothing to lose...? Why not be the person that your partner can fuss over and expend an inordinate amount of energy over, instead of being the exhausted long suffering counterpart?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

I can certainly empathize with the other people who posted in this thread, especially the OP. I have made this new friend. He's a guy about my age. We have a lot in common, especially our career interests, which is how we connected in the first place.

The first time we met , I seemed to click with him as I've rarely clicked with people my age. He was so nice to me and treated me as if I was an old friend. In fact, he actually told me that I have another friend in him. They say that first impressions matter and my first impression of this guy mattered a lot.

Unfortunately, my Asperger's led me to come on strong to my new friend and not respect his "space" (his word) in my electronic communications to him. After he told me that I was coming on strong to him, I tried to do better in my electronic communications to him. Unfortunately, I didn't do a good enough job and my friend eventually cut off contact with me.

My friend knows that I have Asperger's. We met through an online forum about employment with a U.S. government agency that we both have received a conditional job offer from. And one time, I had mentioned on the forum that I had Asperger's. So my friend believed that he was trying to be more than accommodating to me and my Asperger's. But I couldn't help it how strongly that I feel about him, even though I barely know him.

But the irony of the situation is that I have met the guy in person twice for a total of six hours (4 hours the first time and 2 hours the second time) and both times, my interaction with him was normal. It was just in my electronic communications with him that I came on strong. During our first outing, I actually thought that I didn't talk enough. If anything, my friend came on strong during our first outing and even before we met in electronic communications. This is why I came on so strong to him. Even though I was conscious of the fact that I was coming on strong to my friend, I was still really taken aback by his reaction to my behavior as he had been so nice to me.

After I sent the text that made him cut me off, the silence from him was killing me and so I left him multiple text messages and phone messages and also dialed his phone number multiple times, even though I knew that he probably wouldn't answer. These were stupid and thoughtless moves that only made the situation worse.

I've been in communication with a mental health counselor that I used to see for my Asperger's to ask him for advice about the situation. About two weeks after my friend cut off contact with me, I sent him a message telling him that I was talking to my counselor about the situation. He responded--his first message to me since he cut off contact with me--that he understood that I have had trouble making friends, but that doesn't give me the right to disrespect his feelings. He ended his message by telling me not to contact him again. Obviously, I have made him very uncomfortable and he probably doesn't know how to react toward me. In hindsight, having an online forum as the only social link between my new friend and me was not a good way to try to start and maintain a friendship. It might not even be a good idea for a NT person, and it definitely isn't a good idea for someone with Asperger's like me.

I still would like to try to patch things up with my new friend, if I can still really call him that. I've been trying to give him the "space" that he says that he needs and that I have been inconsiderate about. I'll probably try to contact him again in a few weeks, but it may be difficult to do so. The problem between us is that he doesn't really understand me and I don't really understand him. I might even have to explain to him about my Asperger's and how it affects my behavior. But I really wouldn't want to use my Asperger's as a crutch and as a way to excuse my totally inappropriate, immature, and emotionally needy behavior toward my friend. However, I can't help it or ignore the fact that my Asperger's probably did affect my judgment and behavior in regards to my friend. Even though my behavior was inexcusable, I was not at all being intentionally inconsiderate. I may just need to get my friend to understand this if it comes down to it.

quote:

My friend doesn't really understand me or my Asperger's. And I also think that my friend has some sort of issues of his own as well. That may have been why he insisted on the online forum that we meet in the first place even though I was very hesitant about doing so, but then he later got scared. When I was still Facebook friends with him before he blocked me, I saw two pieces of evidence on Facebook, one from his childhood and one from his adulthood, that has led me to infer that he has gone through some rough times of some sort. I don't want to get into the details as it's really personal and it would be considered controversial even in this forum. But my friend went through a big lifestyle change between the time of his childhood and sometime in his adulthood or adolescence. After I saw these things on Facebook, I didn't get a chance to hang out with him again. But even if I had, I still wouldn't have been comfortable asking my friend about it yet. However, the issues that I perceive from my friend is one reason why I really want to patch things up with him. I think that he needs a friend just as much as I need a friend.

quote:

Hopefully, I'll eventually be able to make up with him. I would really value his friendship, even though I don't know him very well. And the ironic thing is that even though my friend came on strong during our first meeting and even before, I was NOT scared at all. In fact, I really liked his coming on strong. It's why I unfortunately ended up coming on strong to him, which I rarely do to other people. It was so easy to interact with him. I guess he's what I've long needed. But my new friend may not know whether I'm what he's needed.

quote:

My friend doesn't really understand me anymore than I understand him. He also doesn't know me well enough to judge me the way that he has. But that was my mistake from the beginning. I didn't know him well enough to come on as strong to him as I did. However, even though I liked him coming on strong to me during our first outing, he obviously didn't know me well enough to come on as strong as he did. I really do believe that I have to work this out with him, no matter what it takes. And as nice as my friend was when we first met, I'm sure that I can eventually get him to understand me and my issues.

quote:

I'm not going to get into trouble with the authorities. lol I haven't done anything illegal and wouldn't do anything illegal. He's reacted to me the way that he has because he doesn't really understand my Asperger's and the way that it can affect my behavior. What I did was socially inappropriate, but it was unintentional. I've practically had an infatuation for him, if you can call it that. I rarely act like this socially. Usually I'm not socially assertive and don't try to initiate social contact. But this new friend of mine is just different, I don't know why. Maybe because he initiated our meeting in the first place and in a very assertive manner and continued that assertiveness during our first meeting. What I would regret is not trying to make up with him and becoming friends with him. And anyways, we might eventually work together. So I should try to work things out with him for at least that reason.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My wife [32F] is absolutely DEVASTATED that our daughter [4F] says she loves her aunt [34F] more than her own mother, and I [29M] am at a loss as to what to do

quote:

My wife and I have been married for six years. We have an almost- five year old daughter. I am an only child myself, but my wife is the middle child, with an older sister and a younger brother [29].

When our child was a baby and toddler, my wife stayed home with her and we all just lived on my income as an architect. I have an office downtown, but the company I work for generally lets me work at home, and I go to the downtown office one a week, twice at the most.

When our daughter entered kindergarten early, my wife got a job as a substitute teacher (her degree is in history), and has a deal with the district where in she is pretty much guaranteed to have an assignment only once a week, every Thursday. When she is home, she takes care of our daughter and also works on paintings, which she sells on Etsy. She uses the money she earns teaching to buy her art supplies. When my wife is with our daughter she usually takes her to the park, on walks, to the library, on playdates. Occasionally when I can spare the time during the day, I accompany them for a while.

My wife's sister, who is unmarried and lives alone in an apartment about fifteen minutes away by car, offered to come over and watch our daughter on Thursdays. While it would seem unnecessary, since I am at home all the time practically, my work is actually very involved and requires all of my concentration, and when I'm working at home, it's behind a closed home-office door.

Typically what will happen is that my wife has to leave for her own assignment much earlier than when our daughter leaves for school, so my wife's sister comes over early in the morning even though I'm around and could drop our daughter off at school if needed.

My wife's sister and I generally get daughter dressed, make breakfast, and my wife's sister then takes daughter to school. My daughter gets out of kindergarten around lunchtime, so my wife's sister always just comes back to our house to make lunch for everyone. She will then pick daughter up from school and we all eat together. She will then play with daughter and hang out with her until three or four o'clock in the afternoon, at which time my wife comes home.

This happens one time per week.

Occasionally, during the two or three hour window between lunch and my wife coming home, my sister in law will take daughter to the mall or out for ice cream.

Three nights ago my wife and I were telling our daughter to finish her vegetables at dinner, and she was being very pouty about it. My wife insisted that she finish her asparagus or else she didn't deserve dessert.

At that point our daughter said, "I hate vegetables why do I have to eat them? I love Auntie [name] better; she isn't mean like you."

I judged her statement to be the childish and somewhat manipulative outburst for what it was, but my wife just acted so strangely about it.

She just got up from the table, asked me to make sure our daughter finished her food, and went to our bedroom and shut the door. I didn't think too much about it at the moment, but fifteen minutes later I went to the bedroom to check on my wife and I could tell she had been crying.

I've asked her about it and she says she's okay. I told her that our kid is just being a bratty kid and that she's trying to do the kid thing and manipulate us, maybe even unknowingly so.

But I can tell my wife actually is terrified that our daughter loves her aunt more than her.

My wife then said she doesn't want to be a substitute teacher anymore and doesn't want her sister coming over. Prior to this incident, my wife always said how much she enjoyed "teacher Thursday" because she loved making a difference in the classroom, loved speaking to a class, and all that.

When I mentioned in an offhand way that her sister would probably be disappointed (but that I also went along with her decision to quit teaching if that's what she really wants), my wife said something like, "Who cares what she thinks? Why do you care?"

Then she said her sister was stealing her family, and said something that makes me upset even now:

"She's trying to steal you, too, are you blind? Do you mind if she steals you? Have you * * * *ed her? You * * * *ed her didn't you? Is she better?"

I tried REALLY hard not to get furious at such a suggestion but I was really hurt. I was so insulted that I haven't dignified that accusation with a response to her (FYI I DIDN'T **** my sister in law), and just think that's she's upset because our daughter said she loves her aunt more than her mom.

My wife's been really sad the last couple of days. I suggested she go see a therapist (my insurance covers it) but she insists everything is okay. I can tell she's sad.

What can I do here? What do I tell her?

Is there any explanation for her behavior?

Just have no idea where any of this is coming from.

tl;dr: Our daughter says she loves her aunt more than her mother (my wife), and my wife is distraught. I don't know what to do here.
God help this woman once her daughter's a teenager.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

fruit on the bottom posted:

Simpler Times

How do I [13M] get my sister to let me go to a movie with friends tonight?

:allears:

Yet again siblings as guardians are the best parents on reddit.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

I mean at this point you've got nothing to lose...? Why not be the person that your partner can fuss over and expend an inordinate amount of energy over, instead of being the exhausted long suffering counterpart?

I have no idea what it's like to be taken care of but I assume it's really weird :colbert:.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Haifisch posted:

My wife [32F] is absolutely DEVASTATED that our daughter [4F] says she loves her aunt [34F] more than her own mother, and I [29M] am at a loss as to what to do

The wife is crazy

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pick posted:

I have no idea what it's like to be taken care of but I assume it's really weird :colbert:.

It's not weird at all it feels good and makes a person feel good about reciprocating the effort.

When we were dating my wife made me homemade ceviche for valentines day., I was a super picky eater back then but figured a woman cooking me food in lingerie knows what she's doing and it tasted wonderful. For her birthday a few months later I cooked her chicken parmigana even though I was a terrible cook but she was so kind she said I did an awesome job. I also made her crepes which she greatly appreciated and long story short people who are willing to please you are worth your time.

Think about what it would've meant to you if Hugh returned your cupcake offering with a set of his own from the same tin. They might not be as good or as neatly baked,but they'd be cooked with friendship :3:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Panfilo posted:

It's not weird at all it feels good and makes a person feel good about reciprocating the effort.

When we were dating my wife made me homemade ceviche for valentines day., I was a super picky eater back then but figured a woman cooking me food in lingerie knows what she's doing and it tasted wonderful. For her birthday a few months later I cooked her chicken parmigana even though I was a terrible cook but she was so kind she said I did an awesome job. I also made her crepes which she greatly appreciated and long story short people who are willing to please you are worth your time.

Think about what it would've meant to you if Hugh returned your cupcake offering with a set of his own from the same tin. They might not be as good or as neatly baked,but they'd be cooked with friendship :3:

Don't listen pick it's a trick

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blue Train posted:

The wife is crazy

the wife is bangin' someone

stay at home mom who's ridicuously suspicious her otherwise stand up partner is cheating?

We've all seen this thread before :colbert:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
a truly incredible title

My wife [27/F] and I [26/M] are having sex after her injury, this is causing a lot of odd drama with her family. Not sure how to deal with them.

quote:

I've been married to my wife since November but we dated for 2 years before we got together. We got married in-mid November. Shortly there after, she either got into a car accident and had a stroke or had a stroke and got into a car accident - they're not exactly sure which preceded which. Her mother had a stroke at a young age (34) and her grandmother died of a stroke at 40 - so, there's precedence, sadly. She spent from mid-November to mid-February in the hospital/rehab. Not a great way to start a marriage, but I digress.

She came come and has been a total rock star. She goes to therapy, is getting stronger, faster and much better. She has some issues, including some very minor paralysis (face) and is still building her core strength back up. Okay, for someone who had a stroke of bad luck, things are turning around. Great, right?

So, we're young, reckless and at times want to have fun. As she's coming off more and more meds, her old personality is coming back. She's a lot less 'numb' to things and the mood swings are really getting so much better (great neuropsychologist). She can't drink, can't push it, needs rest, etc, but we're getting into a real happy groove, I find. Two weekends ago, we went to a party. She had an amazing time and was so jazzed-up. She really enjoyed getting out. We made her fancy juice cocktails and her favorite snacks, and she just had a ball. We got home and she was in a very playful mood. One thing led to another and then another and then we woke-up the next morning and high-fived. We did it a lot that weekend. Long-story short, it could be a sign of a problem (hypersexuality) so she told her doctors. They evaluated her and completely cleared us to go at it like bunnies. Challenge accepted.

Everything is copacetic except that a benign comment to her sister has spiraled out of control. Her sister said it must be hard on me because we can't "do it" but she said: "Yes, we can. And do." Her sister told her mother, who told her father. The mother told aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. She even told my parents. She even called my wife's neuropsychologist. Oh yeah. So, we get a call from the psychologist saying that he got a call, and he cannot discuss my wife's case with her mom, but she's welcome to come to a session. My wife hit the roof. My mom called and said she didn't need to know the details, but was happy for us. My wife went sideways.

Her mom & side of the family don't really have much to do with my wife. My FIL isn't the nicest of men and she keeps a very significant distance between them. Her family didn't really visit while she was sick, but did send cards and even some chocolates. I figure they're out of our lives, so why poke a hornet's nest? She wants to go over there and tell them off in person. The thrust of my MIL's comments is that my wife is brain damaged and I'm taking advantage of her.

The last thing we need is stress, so I figure we drop it. We see a couple's therapist who helps us adjust to post-TBI life and they were very clear that sex was a positive sign and a great step forward in getting into our new groove - so much so that they think couple's therapy should come to an end soon. If everything's fine, I say we ignore her family and move on, but my wife won't drop it. She wants to tell them off in person.

Should she, or should we just drop it?

tl;dr: My wife had a TBI, a stroke, and had some medical issues. We started having 'marital fun' again and my MIL & Family are upset that we're doing it. My wife wants me to drive over to their house so she can yell at them. I think we just need to drop it and ignore them. I feel that I'm right, but need outside perspective.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

the wife is bangin' someone

stay at home mom who's ridicuously suspicious her otherwise stand up partner is cheating?

We've all seen this thread before :colbert:

Tbf it was long and I just skipped to the end but yea that makes sense

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

a truly incredible title

My wife [27/F] and I [26/M] are having sex after her injury, this is causing a lot of odd drama with her family. Not sure how to deal with them.

I feel like all the pieces are here to make a handjob/stroke joke but I can't put them together

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

how would he have made cupcakes from my tin once he threw it in the trash, smart guy??

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blue Train posted:

I feel like all the pieces are here to make a handjob/stroke joke but I can't put them together

sounds like's stroking all right

stroking his dickkkkkkk

HIGH FIVE BOYZ!

*rips off tommy hillfinger shirt to reveal killer abs*

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Haifisch posted:

god help her daughter, mom might have a personality disorder

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
[M24] I love my [F26] girlfriend, but her general immaturity is causing me to question our future

quote:

She's a great girl - on an emotional level, we're perfect. However... there's a reason I'm turning to Reddit for some advice/perspective, and it's not because everything's sunshine and roses. But first, some background:

I can be fairly introspective. Intellectual, if I were to toot my own horn with the word. I like to think things through, I like to know things, I like to learn things. My brain's my pride and joy. That's not to say I'm one of the stereotypical dreary library-bound types - I work a bar (and I've run a couple in the past) and nothing teaches you your social-fu like having your earnings depend on it. Plus, y'know, cocktails and flair are wicked. But that's me: I like science, I devour books (and I keep attempting to get one of my own finished, amongst the mess of half-finished freelance articles that fill my free time), I tend bar, I mix cocktails, and I try to flair them without smashing anything.

My girlfriend, on the other hand, is almost the polar opposite. She's a Disney girl, with a heaping helping of Michael Jackson and all manner of 50's accoutrements and culture, with a garnish of various assorted anime and cartoons. And, like most Disney girls past the age of 20 (in my personal experience, of course), she's also fairly immature. Childlike, I'd say, if I was in an ungenerous mood at the time. She's always been her parents' little girl, and she never really grew past that, even now she's driving and working full time in her own right. The posters covering the bedroom, the plush toys crowding every corner, those I don't mind. They're her equivalent of my bookshelves and overflowing notebooks - it's good to have diverse interests.

The interests I can deal with. Where the issues creep in is when the interests become her entire character. Sometimes - and I speak candidly here - I feel less like a partner and more like a childminder, shepherding her bouncy naivete around such thorny issues as 'why other people don't share the same views as you, and why that doesn't automatically make them terrible people', or 'if you go to an anime convention wearing a nearly-transparent Princess Jasmine outfit, you will end up with some guys creeping on you, please be careful'.

But that's just most of the time. There are times when we can sit down and have adult conversations. Namely, the times when she hits a patch of anxiety or stress or she gets upset when something clashes with her view of how things should be. Then we get to sit down and I get to play counsellor and talk her through her issues as calmly and rationally as I can. And then she cheers up, and it's back to bubbly bouncy silliness. And, well, our interests don't match up in the talking-about-stuff arena. I like physics and literature and a smattering of psychology and sci-fi/fantasy. She's never really been interested in that whole area. So when we talk about things I'm interested in, it turns into me explaining about those things, instead of a two-way conversation, because while she says she does like hearing me ramble on, the last book she picked up was fifty shades, so she just doesn't have the background knowledge to converse properly on the subjects. And I'd like, just for once, to have a proper conversation as equals about something. Because even when it's Michael Jackson or Disney or psychic healing or clairvoyance (don't even get me started on that angle...), the things she immerses herself in, it's less a conversation and more 'fangirl' gushing with no room for anyone else's perspective.

It sounds like I'm being harsh. I don't mean to be, but the whole forum-for-laying-out-the-problems-in-your-relationship thing going on here doesn't lend itself much to rambling on about how she gives me much-needed emotional validation and how great the sex is and how mutually-supportive our relationship is. It's more about what's not going so well.

What I'm looking for, I guess, is some perspective and some advice. The general mismatch between us is causing some misgivings on my side, especially now talk's turned to moving in together and things getting ever more serious. We've been together for nearly two years, and I'm seriously questioning whether I could do two more.

Like I mentioned, emotionally, everything's fine. Intellectually, the stresses are mounting. Is there any way past, or will the straws keep on landing on the camel's back until one day down the line... it breaks?

And if it's going to break, then really I'd rather break it myself before we get tangled in rent agreements and contracts and the general snaggle of two lives tangling tighter together. Which is a terrible thing to say, because I do love the girl.

I just can't bloody put up with her most of the time.

TL;DR: relationship is fine, except gf is immature as all hell and I'm not sure how much longer I can deal. Is there a way past it, or cut my losses?

Ugh i hate my girlfriend for not liking enough sci-fi, as her intellectual superior i realize this is okay but i am not satisfied, also i love her despite hating her. How do i turn her into a simulacrum of myself so i can gently caress myself.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah mom is just getting it on the side

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Blue Train posted:

*Walks up to FIL*

"The only thing more stroked out than your daughter is my dick"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
There is this 19 year old kid who keeps wiring me money to my bank account so I change my testimony and I keep wiring it back, but it never stops she keeps sending it back again, What can be done here to make her stop without getting her or myself in trouble? [West Lake Hills, TX]

quote:

Long story short and without getting into too much detail. I’m a witness in a case and the hearing is a month away. One of the kids involved in this case wants me to change my testimony. I’m not involved in any way with the case other than I witnessed something and I got served to go to court.

This girl I know came to my house told me she wants me to change my testimony and wanted to give me this stuffed envelope filled with money in return. I refused and she kept pushing it until she eventually left. Now she keeps sending money to my bank account which I have no idea how she got my account number to begin with, and I can't believe she’s dumb enough to send it through the bank which leaves trail back to her. I told her over and over that I won't accept her money but she keeps sending them anyway. It’s happened three times so far.

My concern here are as follows: 1) I don’t know what to do to stop her from sending me the money. She doesn’t stop sending it back and I don’t want a single cent of her money laying in my account 2) I’m not sure if not telling the judge about that would be illegal (although I would prefer not to say anything if all this would go away and I make her stop but I don’t want to get involved in any more poo poo tbh) and 3) I’m worried about my bank account as well. Having couple thousands of dollars sent to me then sent back three times seems suspicious as hell!!

"But I don't want to get her in trouble :saddowns:" also holy lol he's dead if the Bank contacts the law before he does

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

*Walks up to FIL*

"The only thing more stroked out than your daughter is my dick"

Lol

Danaru posted:

There is this 19 year old kid who keeps wiring me money to my bank account so I change my testimony and I keep wiring it back, but it never stops she keeps sending it back again, What can be done here to make her stop without getting her or myself in trouble? [West Lake Hills, TX]

"But I don't want to get her in trouble :saddowns:" also holy lol he's dead if the Bank contacts the law before he does

He needs to just take the drat money, the bank won't say poo poo unless it's over $9999

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Today on "comments coming from some sort of lizard person who's trying to figure out human society":

Me [23F] with my boyfriend [25M] of 1.5 years, just moved in with him last month, he gives himself more meat than me.

quote:

I know the title sounds really weird, but this is driving me crazy.

My boyfriend and I have been seeing each other for just under a year and a half, and we recently took the step to move in with each other! Great, right? He's a loving, caring guy, who really looks out for my best interests (most of the time), makes time for me, etc. But there's one annoying, annoying issue.

When he cooks dinner, which is often (I'm not a very good cook, and he's quite good at it), he'll dish out portions for us. However, he will always give himself more meat than me. And it's only meat - I usually end up with more vegetables/carbs because of this.

For example, last night we had a beef stew dish, with french bread. It was delicious, except that he gave himself at least 4-5 more chunks of beef than me. My dish had more vegetables than his. And this has been happening with almost anything he cooks: Spaghetti and meatballs? He'll have 2 more meatballs. Roast Chicken? His plate will have at least 4 ounces more.

I understand that he's the one cooking, so he should get to decide these things, but we split everything equally - rent, groceries, utilities. I feel like he's shortchanging me of my protein. I've asked him directly why he keeps giving me less meat than him, and he says he doesn't know, and will stop. Then the next meal he cooks, bam, it happens again. I asked him if he thinks I'm fat, and he tells me to not be ridiculous, so it can't be that either. I've gotten into an argument several times with him about this, and he's just confused the entire time and keeps apologizing and saying he'll give me more meat the next time he cooks.

I've gotten so sick of this, that I've actually started eating out by myself during the week when he cooks, but I feel bad for leaving him alone.

Help me, /r/relationships. I just want to eat some more meat, drat it.

tl;dr: Moved in with boyfriend of a year and a half. He cooks dinner throughout the week, but always gives me less meat on my plate than him. He doesn't think I'm fat, but won't stop when asked.

lizard person posted:

This is very simple -- when you sit down and you notice the portion disparity bring your plate next to his and start taking meat off his plate until it's even. Reverse and take off some of your vegetables.

Don't say a word. Just take action. Then take you plate and sit down. "This food looks delicious. So how was your day, babe?* Begin eating

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

ahahaha fuckin' West Lake kids. I definitely knew people that dumb growing up there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Don't listen pick it's a trick

I'm suspicious; he didn't even clarify who does the crying and the suffering in the relationship? wtf

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

I'm suspicious; he didn't even clarify who does the crying and the suffering in the relationship? wtf

Exactly that's how you know it's not real

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Haifisch posted:

Today on "comments coming from some sort of lizard person who's trying to figure out human society":

Me [23F] with my boyfriend [25M] of 1.5 years, just moved in with him last month, he gives himself more meat than me.

you can determine proper portion sizes based on your hands

but dont let him fix you a plate if you think he's being a dick about it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Maybe she should learn to cook

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If you can't cook you ain't poo poo and this goes for all 76 genders

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Blue Train posted:

If you can't cook you ain't poo poo and this goes for all 76 genders

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Just complain about being hungry after dinner and mess the place up making a lovely snack

he'll learn

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

Going to jail for the person he is a key witness against and might get his testimony thrown out because hes clearly too stupid to be a credible witness.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

boner confessor posted:

you can determine proper portion sizes based on your hands

but dont let him fix you a plate if you think he's being a dick about it

WTF is that picture on the right? "Drink piss with a spoon, :thumbsup:?"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
women don't even lift, he needs the protein for his sick gainz

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Did you fist the fruit so hard you juiced it? Thumbs up, you did a good job!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
well I guess if they are both average weight then he would require about 400 or so more calories each day to not die, but I guess everything is equal now for some reason so she should eat exactly the same because...

equality!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Blue Train posted:

Lol

He needs to just take the drat money, the bank won't say poo poo unless it's over $9999

That is hilariously wrong. His bank has likely already noticed a pattern and may already be investigating the wires as suspicious transactions if he doesn not typically make lots of wire transfers.

If he is working with the prosecutors he needs to tell them. If not he needs to inform the judge right away. He may also want to inform his bank depending on what the legal situation is. Trying to conceal the source of funds involved in a crime is in fact its own crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WampaLord posted:

It's oil and you need like a teaspoon if any at all