Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Vynar posted:

Only if I can wipe my rear end with a live squirrel to save the poor trees that are destroyed in the creation of toilet paper. Squirrels are all natural and wash with water.

You have a perfectly organic hand for that, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

UnculturedSwine posted:

Wait what? Why?

nah thats prob not real but in all likelihood she wears a catheter and its catchbag is clamped to her leg. Either way something metallic fell out of her pants the day she collapsed like the world trade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgydvjoftJY

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vynar posted:

Only if I can wipe my rear end with a live squirrel to save the poor trees that are destroyed in the creation of toilet paper. Squirrels are all natural and wash with water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdLI8QKVeU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's basically hillary clinton's fault donald trump is president lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Streak posted:

it's basically hillary clinton's fault donald trump is president lol

It is one hundred percent undeniably her fault and if she had any self respect she'd have killed herself by now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blue Train posted:

It is one hundred percent undeniably her fault and if she had any self respect she'd have killed herself by now

Looks like she is planning to run again, especially how the Hillary men brigade is doing such damage control spin.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm reading posts from a few pages ago and holy gently caress lol @ that guy implying that the clinton's just didn't understand how mass media works and who could blame them????

there was probably no political family who were more in tuned with mainstream news and mass media that the clintons, there have been loving documentaries about how close they were with CNN etc back in the day.

they have no clue about the internet though lol that's for sure.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

hillary clinton will continue to return until all of her horcrux are destroyed. obama and trump have destroyed two, but four remain. bill clinton is the final one
horcrux? wow, gross. try ethicalslutcrux, shitlord

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Streak posted:

i'm reading posts from a few pages ago and holy gently caress lol @ that guy implying that the clinton's just didn't understand how mass media works and who could blame them????

there was probably no political family who were more in tuned with mainstream news and mass media that the clintons, there have been loving documentaries about how close they were with CNN etc back in the day.

they have no clue about the internet though lol that's for sure.

Tbf Clinton consultant class did the standard ad plays because they made what, 5% for all media buys. Running ads on tv stations during prime time costs way more than running ads on Facebook.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Also this. The Hillary team had no way of knowing that Trump would be on the TV 24/7 spewing his bile. They also had no way of knowing that Trump's rampant racism and sexism was exactly what many americans wanted to see. The media gave Trump free advertisement throughout the drat campaign. That poo poo would never have happened in a country with competent and responsible news networks.

Hahha hahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

T.S. Smelliot posted:

yes thats exactly what i was talking about

so loving clueless and ignorant lol

how could the former first lady have any idea what americans were like????????????????????????????????

god drat media giving trump free advertisement! *uses a white noise machine so nobody can hear what i'm saying besides the people who paid to hear me say it*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I like the story how Hillary manipulated the media in order to help Trump to win the primary.

She saw Trump as the easiest opponent to beat

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

Also this. The Hillary team had no way of knowing that Trump would be on the TV 24/7 spewing his bile. They also had no way of knowing that Trump's rampant racism and sexism was exactly what many americans wanted to see. The media gave Trump free advertisement throughout the drat campaign. That poo poo would never have happened in a country with competent and responsible news networks.

Wasn't it leaked in the DNC emails that Hillary's campaign wanted MSM to talk about Trump all the time because they thought he woupd be easier to beat than Jeb Bush?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snatch Duster posted:

Wasn't it leaked in the DNC emails that Hillary's campaign wanted MSM to talk about Trump all the time because they thought he woupd be easier to beat than Jeb Bush?

oh you mean the emails that the RUSSIANS leaked?????

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Streak posted:

oh you mean the emails that the RUSSIANS leaked?????

Right. My mistake lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

Yup they saw him as fringe canidate, instead his crazy campaign tactics like doing actual campaigning and superior messaging decimated the very sad Clinton machine.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
hillary clinton, a woman who (if you believe the best-case explanation for her previous behavior), did not publicly support gay marriage for a long time since it was not politically viable to do so, just had no way of knowing that the american public was also largely racist and misogynistic.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Streak posted:

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK3vpdmEFow&t=34s

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

i dont get it how did russian hackers film this decades ago????

also lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkLW9hjA8Bw

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

I don't think anyone has said he's going to take a "principled stand for gay people". It's just that people who are saying Trump is going to ok literal execution squads for gay people are stupid.
I was talking to a friend soon after the election and he "as a straight man" apologized to me as he thought darkness was descending onto my life. I was like, thanks for the sentiment but nothing's going to happen. :shrug:

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hot take: I think Donald Trump is pretty much indifferent to things like gays or minorities and is way more interested in things like:

*making money
*being popular
*boosting his ego

I kinda get the sense that things like race, sexual orientation and any desire to even learn the names of what country he has people bombing are not even on his radar.
Showbiz president. He's not gonna change much which is already a relief to liberals since he's mostly flash, little substance. But conservatives like him, since they are fine with time basically freezing in the place and little getting done. A lot of the pro-Trump stuff is vague "he's a strong leader" stuff that will take a Hurricane Katrina scale fuckup to undo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Amarcarts posted:

Conventional wisdom has it that you pick a running mate to balance the ticket. This would point to Trump being relatively progressive (for a conservative) towards gays since Pence brings with him the evangelical vote. I think what we can expect from this administration is no change. They won't assault gay rights but they won't fight for them either.

Abortion rights on the other hand are pretty much always in jeopardy because the issue is truly grassroots. If you believe that abortion is literally murder it makes perfect sense within that worldview that you should fight it tooth and nail.

Lol what does that say about Hillary and Kaine then

Or is this another example of "throw the conventional wisdom in the trash, were Brooklyn technocrats with Big Datas on our side"

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i have absolutely no idea why clinton picked kaine. maybe to reinforce her as the "safe, stable" choice? he's the blandest bland

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stexils posted:

i have absolutely no idea why clinton picked kaine. maybe to reinforce her as the "safe, stable" choice? he's the blandest bland

Quid pro quo for allowing dws in as dnc chair

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
Everytime I try to remember Clinton's running mate it takes me 20 seconds before I give up and Googe him, that's how forgettable he was

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

USSAr posted:

Everytime I try to remember Clinton's running mate it takes me 20 seconds before I give up and Googe him, that's how forgettable he was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6QDm-WPo1k

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Please don't post videos of my buddies loading me into the cab on Friday. Thanks.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

phasmid posted:

That amid people talking about their 8 year-olds and how "gonna drink til my liver explodes". Seriously, they were doing the thing a bunch of Republican crybabies did when Obama won twice, except theirs was usually "my dad/mom/grandfather is crying" and in D&D and a lot of twitters it was 8 year-olds. Somebody pointed out it was consistently age 8 getting the spotlight and suddenly there was a switch-up.

HOW AM I GOING TO EXPLAIN TO MY CHILDREN THAT HITLER IS BACK FROM THE DEAD AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS ARE GETTING DEPORTED?

Those letters from the parents of 8 year olds were hilarious. Random backwards letters, letters allegedly from multiple children even though they were all in the same too-neat-for-a-kid handwriting and lots of "cute" phonetic misspellings except for the word 'country', because the phonetically correct misspelling would involve the word 'oval office'.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Showbiz president. He's not gonna change much which is already a relief to liberals since he's mostly flash, little substance. But conservatives like him, since they are fine with time basically freezing in the place and little getting done. A lot of the pro-Trump stuff is vague "he's a strong leader" stuff that will take a Hurricane Katrina scale fuckup to undo.

I'd say the supreme court pick, and the next one (two?), are going to be the huge thing.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

don't forget the financial market crash that's pretty much guaranteed to happen in the next 4 years :razz:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

phasmid posted:

That amid people talking about their 8 year-olds and how "gonna drink til my liver explodes". Seriously, they were doing the thing a bunch of Republican crybabies did when Obama won twice, except theirs was usually "my dad/mom/grandfather is crying" and in D&D and a lot of twitters it was 8 year-olds. Somebody pointed out it was consistently age 8 getting the spotlight and suddenly there was a switch-up.

HOW AM I GOING TO EXPLAIN TO MY CHILDREN THAT HITLER IS BACK FROM THE DEAD AND ALL THEIR FRIENDS ARE GETTING DEPORTED?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Kids are loving idiots anyway, if an eight year old is legitimately worried the new president is going to murder all their friends it would only happen because their parents drilled the idea into them

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Kids are loving idiots anyway, if an eight year old is legitimately worried the new president is going to murder all their friends it would only happen because their parents drilled the idea into them

Exactly. My kids are 8 and 11 and only have a vague impression that there's somebody running the country. Stuff like G.I. Joes and roller skating are what's important to little kids.

Imagine how joyful Clinton felt as she was autographing these magazines on election day:

And how all that turned into the bitterest ash in her mouth that night.

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Exactly. My kids are 8 and 11 and only have a vague impression that there's somebody running the country. Stuff like G.I. Joes and roller skating are what's important to little kids.

Yea my kid is 11 and he knows Trump is retarded but other than that he doesn't really have political opinions

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine being 8, in 3rd grade, and caring about the president. Lmao what a lovely childhood

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Blue Train posted:

Quid pro quo for allowing dws in as dnc chair

Did dws actually do anything as dnc chair, or was she just there to keep the. Clinton machine going?

Because i got to think that there are like 50 other people better qualified to do that then her.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Toadvine posted:

nah thats prob not real but in all likelihood she wears a catheter and its catchbag is clamped to her leg. Either way something metallic fell out of her pants the day she collapsed like the world trade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgydvjoftJY
this again? it's a pen that you can plainly see the secret service agent holding a couple seconds earlier and he dropped it so that he could catch clinton with the same hand

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

MD2020 posted:

Did dws actually do anything as dnc chair, or was she just there to keep the. Clinton machine going?

Because i got to think that there are like 50 other people better qualified to do that then her.

The latter

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

this again? it's a pen that you can plainly see the secret service agent holding a couple seconds earlier and he dropped it so that he could catch clinton with the same hand

That is not a pen

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Snatch Duster posted:

Imagine being 8, in 3rd grade, and caring about the president. Lmao what a lovely childhood

I'll have you know that my 2 year-old twins are pretty woke because they were quite upset at Trumps inauguration.

That might be because it was preempting Dinosaur Train and Sesame Street on PBS, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

is that insane penchat thread still going? we should get some Pen Goons to weigh in

• Locked thread