Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that /r/ds thinks I'm OSC; and if so, that means I've been owning them completely all week? :shrug:

btw, he wrote two masterpieces this morning about the potential legal situation for CIG (Sandi's in it).

WHY CIG IS LEGALLY hosed (PT1, PT2)

And since he showed up and dragged Jester86 into his thread and gave him a 10K word lashing (PT1, PT2) about his toxic Reddit, /r/ds has been in complete meltdown mode.

This was a lovely takedown when they claimed that I called Sandi a prostitute. They claim to be "archiving", but nobody could find a single instance of me saying it. Weird, that.

That guy is brutal. When I grow up, I want to be just like him. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This weeks Commlink:

quote:

Greetings Citizens,

I hope you all had a stellar weekend. I know I did! I am in the final stretch of my trip to LA, where I have been working closely with the rest of the team planning and discussing all things community/event related for 2017. We’re really excited about meeting many of you at Gamescom and CitizenCon later this year.

With that, let’s take a look at this week.

On Tuesday, the Lore Team will release another installment in one of their many continuing series. The Star Citizen Universe is rich with history and a past/future worth exploring. If you find yourself easily immersed in a good story, fascinated by the design of Star Citizen, or just hungry for more information, these posts are made for you!

On Wednesday, Mark Abent returns to smash yet another bug in an all new episode of Bugsmashers! This show gives a unique opportunity to explore the complexity of Star Citizen’s development.

On Thursday, Around the Verse checks in with Foundry 42 UK for an in-depth look at what the studio has been up to in the last month.

Speaking of last month, Friday brings us the April Monthly Report! Having the opportunity to take a step back and see all the work being done by our team around the globe is nothing less than inspiring. These are a treat for us as much as they are for all of you!

As a reminder, there will be no Happy Hour this Friday, but we are really excited to have Josh Herman joining us next week for another installment of Happy Hour: Gamedev.

That’s all for this week, we’ll see you in the ‘Verse!

Tyler “Zyloh” Witkin
Lead Community Manager

Yep, cut out the Friday show to twice a month.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that /r/ds thinks I'm OSC; and if so, that means I've been owning them completely all week? :shrug:

btw, he wrote two masterpieces this morning about the potential legal situation for CIG (Sandi's in it).

And since he showed up and dragged Jester86 into his thread and gave him a 10K word lashing (PT1, PT2) about his toxic Reddit, /r/ds has been in complete meltdown mode.

This was a lovely takedown when they claimed that I called Sandi a prostitute. They claim to be "archiving", but nobody could find a single instance of me saying it. Weird, that.

did you just do a post with a bunch of links to things you didn't write? im impressed

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

D_Smart posted:

alf_pogs posted:

did you just do a post with a bunch of links to things you didn't write? im impressed

Read more about it in his May 2017 Blogception: Blogs 'n Blogs

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 9, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

D_Smart posted:

The reddit is for cataloging your lies and contradictions. Not their own.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

D_Smart posted:

They want to keep believing it's you because the thought there's someone else out there who can barf out blog-like word-walls and is ready to bun-fight them terrifies them. It terrifies me!

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Did hobo get let loose or are they just making someone else release the weekly video plan?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheLastRoboKy posted:

They want to keep believing it's you because the thought there's someone else out there who can barf out blog-like word-walls and is ready to bun-fight them terrifies them. It terrifies me!

But it's a beautiful sight to watch the passing of the Warlord Torch....

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Exinos posted:

Did hobo get let loose or are they just making someone else release the weekly video plan?

I think he's rehearsing his new show.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Proof that OSC is not Derek Smart: his writing is actually interesting to read and does not just reference 600 earlier blogs or rehash the thread.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Exinos posted:

Proof that OSC is not Derek Smart: his writing is actually interesting to read and does not just reference 600 earlier blogs or rehash the thread.

counterpoint: he does not like star citizen and therefore is derek smart

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh poo poo I almost forgot to tell you guys I went on vacation this last weekend and freedived (freedove?) a bunch of caves and got my head stuck in one and it was rad. When the thread gets lean again you can make fun of me for almost dying in the dumbest possible way lol

I did something similar in that I thought I could swim under the width of a barge that was moored near the area we always went to for spiny lobsters.
I misjudged not only the width but the current, air never tasted so good.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rugganovich posted:

Thank you, kind SA person.

It all started in the mists of game development time, 2012.
I was eagerly looking for a new game to waste money on, when I heard a rumour of a possible comeback from Coding Guru - Christopher Roberts.
I think I may still have a poster of him, or perhaps he is in my Scrapbook titled,
"Coding Legends of the 80-90's- Where Are they Now?"

Anyhoo, I digress.

I eagerly jumped on to the Kickstarter site looking for said game, but hailing from a country other than the Unites States, was wary of said Kickstarter.
The whole setup looked a tad dodgy.

But word was afoot that CIG would be opening their own site, where donations could be donated for 'packages'.
Once that occurred, I jumped straight on to donating for a 'Freelancer' package, as a homage to the mind numbingly brilliant job that 'The King of Code - Chris Roberts'™ had performed on the game with the same name (until the wet blanket, Micro$oft, spoiled the party)

The rest, as they say, is history.

I have been eagerly watching the refactoring of Star Citizen ever since.
I still possess my package, as I really want that 8 Gig spaceship thumb drive.

I stumbled upon this forum of like minded optimists, after googling "Is Dyson OK for performing fellatio"
No idea what half of that meant, but I'm teaching myself Latin and it sounded like a fun combo.

Thanks for listening.

Here son, read these two threads.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

alf_pogs posted:

debatable

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

thatguy posted:

If I had to prove to an insane person that I'm not Derek Smart meeting them for coffee is pretty far down the list.

Especially if you turn out to be Derek. Please have a camera on hand because the reaction would be priceless!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Just write your username date and time on a piece of paper and you are golden. They will be able to tell its not derek by the color of the testicles.

This seems to be something of an unfair test, friend. I may be Derek but I can't prove that degree.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I had a :reddit:or claim he was a USMC and didn't know what an ejection port was on an AR. :shrug:
Having been in the military and around lots of marines I find that entirely believable.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Becoming a space gynecologist seems lucrative. How much is it to add a pair of space stirrups to my ship?

Chris Roberts is personally doing the motion capture for these scenes. Only he has the Magic hands fast enough to put an IUD in before you even know what's happening.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh poo poo I almost forgot to tell you guys I went on vacation this last weekend and freedived (freedove?) a bunch of caves and got my head stuck in one and it was rad. When the thread gets lean again you can make fun of me for almost dying in the dumbest possible way lol

This is very sad. :(

I'm glad you're ok.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

It's getting hard to hate Derek Smart in the Derek Smart hate Reddit group. People are starting to wonder if the sub was a good idea after all this time.

Mods can still turn it around though. Only wholesome hate allowed now. None of that crude, disgusting hate. No more talking about Derek's genitals allowed.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The Titanic posted:

This is very sad. :(

I'm glad you're ok.

Nah, it's cool and good because he'll probably be more cautious next time.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

that's almost as retarded as giving :pgi: money even though they're jarhead games with a boob job

check out this sweet game outlaw chopper game maybe rockstar could compete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arXXP8slhMI

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
New batch of leaks havw arrived!

-3.0 missing June and htting mid-July
-The only way 3.0 hits June deadline is cutting more content from the patch, Chris wants nothing cut.
-Dissension in the ranks in the UK, some top brass may be leaving before gamescom.
-Positions in Germany and UK are still empty, and even CIG has given up on recruiting fresh-out-of-school candidates. They've been blacklisted by most reputable learning centers anyways, so no more free hires.
-CIG misses E3 AGAIN! Clearly the largest gaming expo in the West isn't big enough for the boy and his blob. Chris will have a newsletter out to explain how the focus is with Gamescom because Germans and the market there. Basically a repeat on last year.
-Sandi's having a harder time getting bit parts due to her lovely attitude on the set, her increased presence at CIG will be explained as "needing more mocap for the pusher"
-Sandi still doesn't know what her nickname is supposed to mean
-Gamescom won't have a new build, patch, or update, unless you count a really lovely tech demo
-Tech demo still doesn't have working AI, expect more goofy monsters
-Wormsign!
-Ben Lesnick spends most of his days in his office playing wing commander. He pretends this is for his archiving work (its not :ssh:)
-Hello Space Kitty earned CIG a C&D.
-Cafeteria scene is being worked on because hangar is too big and has too many models, causing crashes and horrific slowdowns.

Thats it for now

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Derek, did you tell the guy to get an account here?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Chin posted:

Having been in the military and around lots of marines I find that entirely believable.

Well, in fairness the redditor did claim that a mistyped ejector port was COMPLETELY different and totally doesn't sound or read close enough to the actual name for them to understand. The person also refused to prove their service.

Could a redditor have been lying? :shrug:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Right. Well, it's neither me nor Gorf. It's a mystery :shrug:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Exinos posted:

:perfect:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

Derek, did you tell the guy to get an account here?

Nope. But I'm sure someone did. He clearly said that he wasn't posting here, my forum, or that hate-Red and that he wasn't planning on creating new threads either.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

:10bux:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
How come people keep getting banned for being creepy weirdos in this thread it just doesnt make sense

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DarkRefreshment posted:

Florida is as much in the "south" as Star Citizen is a "game".

I feel the same about Virginia. It knows what it has done.

We have areas that are really 'south' and others that are 'urban'. And there are a lot of 'golf courses'. And 'alligators'.

https://flowingdata.com/2017/02/09/how-to-spot-visualization-lies/

Wanted to leave that link for the next time someone tries to pass off a picture as a graph. It's a vastly useful round-up of visual bullshit.

Edit; tax, arfJason. ^^^^^

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ArfJason posted:

How come people keep getting banned for being creepy weirdos in this thread it just doesnt make sense

:discourse:

Please don't forget to pay your taxes and call your parents.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Meme well worth :10bux:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

This is great :allears:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

I did something similar in that I thought I could swim under the width of a barge that was moored near the area we always went to for spiny lobsters.
I misjudged not only the width but the current, air never tasted so good.

Oh man, stuff like that is always the worst because about halfway through it you're thinking to yourself "gently caress, this is a really stupid way to die" lol

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017
I looked up the word masochist using alta vista and this was the first video I came across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMfpF7L8F4

Apparently these chaps partake in slideshow simulator on a weekly basis.

Looking forward to the network rework in patch 3.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010