Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Blue Train posted:

That is not a pen
so the agent was holding a catheter clip in his hand? why would he do that

or is this some kind of magritte joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

USSAr posted:

Everytime I try to remember Clinton's running mate it takes me 20 seconds before I give up and Googe him, that's how forgettable he was

I envy you if you don't have this horrible line burned into your brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQbU-bbrUc&t=119s

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

Exactly. My kids are 8 and 11 and only have a vague impression that there's somebody running the country. Stuff like G.I. Joes and roller skating are what's important to little kids.

Imagine how joyful Clinton felt as she was autographing these magazines on election day:

And how all that turned into the bitterest ash in her mouth that night.

lol

oh drat, i want one of these magazines. i bet its going to be a rare collectors item, like a Jeb! guac bowl

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I envy you if you don't have this horrible line burned into your brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQbU-bbrUc&t=119s

That's my ringtone

#itsherturn

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hot take: I think Donald Trump is pretty much indifferent to things like gays or minorities and is way more interested in things like:

*making money
*being popular
*boosting his ego

I kinda get the sense that things like race, sexual orientation and any desire to even learn the names of what country he has people bombing are not even on his radar.

i always saw him as kinda a rich narcissistic dickhead who is kinda racist lite, he isnt some klansmen but i doubt he views them as people, then again i don't think he views many people as people, just tools or adoring sychophants. its why he doesnt care that the GOP healtcare bill will legit kill people.

jesus. i was loving crushed too but i got up the next day and went on, this is loving 9/11 for the woke dems, it broke their brains. hard

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rutibex posted:

oh drat, i want one of these magazines. i bet its going to be a rare collectors item, like a Jeb! guac bowl

Unfortunately, apparently the bowls didn't even have a Jeb! logo. They were just plastic bowles.

The mags are going for like $30 on ebay though

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i was loving crushed

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Stexils posted:

i have absolutely no idea why clinton picked kaine. maybe to reinforce her as the "safe, stable" choice? he's the blandest bland

The book suggests this was basically it. It goes into quite a bit of detail about the running mate selection process and seems to imply that she was really close to calling Liz Warren in June but then decided that she hadn't had enough experience of what a working relationship with her would be like, which is bizarre on several levels. Other leading candidates were Vilsack (Bill's pick), Biden (! Sullivan's pick), and Cory Booker (the token option who the campaign decided it didn't need). Kaine was picked in large part because the Virginia governor was a Democrat who would be able to name another Democrat to fill his senate seat.

It may also have had something to do with the backroom bullshit surrounding DWS but the book doesn't explicitly say so, even though it rips on her hilariously hard.

quote:

“Hillary genuinely likes Debbie. I think she’s the only one in the orbit who does,” one Democratic source said early on. “The campaign does not like Debbie.”

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The night when we realized Trump was going to be president was mercifully comfortable because all the people with too many screws loose made a goddamn scene. Even the mods were going berserk. Then the say no to hate crowd started calling for the construction of a guillotine.

I was deaf to their pleas, especially since I have been making that call for a long time and they never paid attention.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

When Hillary got the nomination over Bernie it was obvious simple don was going to win. Hillary Clinton was and is the most hated woman in America

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Let's just hope it stays that way. I'd hate to reach 2020 and then have someone hit the reset button.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

in these trying times, only one stock will perform consistently well. the guillotine.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

loving cory booker. 2020 is going to be booker vs zuckerberg vs clinton: part 3 and trump will win in a landslide

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Vote from the rooftops

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Blue Train posted:

Vote from the rooftops

What, by jumping off

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this is loving 9/11 for the woke dems, it broke their brains. hard

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Stexils posted:

loving cory booker. 2020 is going to be booker vs zuckerberg vs clinton: part 3 and trump will win in a landslide

Cory Booker is far from perfect but compared to the other options he's an Angel. Who else could the dems run?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Hm where could I go to have the Jeb logo engraved on a plastic guacamole bowl

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Cory Booker is far from perfect but compared to the other options he's an Angel. Who else could the dems run?

Chelsea

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I will laser engrave it on your rear end for fifteen dollars

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Bernie Sanders and his hand-picked VP, to take over once he dies

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It is not appetizing for food to solicit applause before being tasted.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

phasmid posted:

It is not appetizing for food to solicit applause before being tasted.

My doctor says I need to cut down on my sodium intake, so I'm hoping the logo will infuse my guacs with the salty taste of tears

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Chelsea is just straight up too young to run. They'd tear her apart for lack of real work experience.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Amarcarts posted:

Chelsea is just straight up too young to run. They'd tear her apart for lack of real work experience.

She is a strong independent woman with no ties to wall street and to imply anything else is sexist drivel

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Blue Train posted:

She is a strong independent woman with no ties to wall street and to imply anything else is sexist drivel

i know this is a joke but i just want to point out her husband works for goldman sachs

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Amarcarts posted:

What has she actually done besides walk into prestigious academic programs and bounce between six-figgie jobs because of her last name?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The_Franz posted:

What has she actually done besides walk into prestigious academic programs and bounce between six-figgie jobs because of her last name?

Get hosed by a bunch of rich college bros in 90s

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

FisheyStix posted:

just lol if u think american policy has anything to do with its citizens

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
She also wrote a really boring, preachy book for kids

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

KomodoWagon posted:

She also wrote a really boring, preachy book for kids

Oh gently caress. That is one of the early warning signs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol, burch is idiot and a man who fails at everything, including marriage and being funny. and yeah i admit i was, i have a ton of medical issues and will be hosed bad by trumps/tea parties stupid horseshit healthcare bill. that being said, i doubt he is gonna make loving death camps for gays.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here it is! I found some gay men who are in fear for their lives because of hateful bigots over this election!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbiZUMirPAQ

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

caesar was dope tho

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
pro / anti caesar is the partisan politics that will literally outlast the story of jesus christ of nazareth

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

kikkelivelho posted:

Also this. The Hillary team had no way of knowing that Trump would be on the TV 24/7 spewing his bile. They also had no way of knowing that Trump's rampant racism and sexism was exactly what many americans wanted to see. The media gave Trump free advertisement throughout the drat campaign. That poo poo would never have happened in a country with competent and responsible news networks.

:siren: ERROR: 404 :siren:

greetings goon friend,

you appear lost and in the wrong forum.

fear not! allow me to redirect you to your cushy padded cell

with crap,
forums samaritan

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
caesar was like the proto stalin and owned just as hard. so hard people got tired of owning

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Gazpacho posted:

this again? it's a pen that you can plainly s :shepface:

:siren: ERROR: 404 :siren:

greetings goon friend,

you appear lost and in the wrong forum.

fear not! allow me to redirect you to your cushy padded cell

with crap,
forums samaritan

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Modest Mao posted:

caesar was like the proto stalin and owned just as hard. so hard people got tired of owning

Also of getting murdered by the millions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

spacetoaster posted:

Here it is! I found some gay men who are in fear for their lives because of hateful bigots over this election!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbiZUMirPAQ

God damnit, I'm all for gay rights and equality but poo poo like the gay community shunning conservatives really does not help their cause at all.

• Locked thread