Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

hagie posted:

Is the Phantom Woods generic megacyte drop still the best farming spot?

I need Odin, Carby, Diab, and soon to be Titan maxed out on the hop. The last Mog event not selling the megacyte kinda hurt, but the egg farming brought Ifrit, Ramuh, and Shiva to max.

Here's the Megacryst/Megacite farming google doc from Reddit, do with it what you will:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZgaryUDsFFnHfZgZlerhrVqxvEYjYnW4cz1aibaDt84/edit#gid=1286979827

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Just casually dropping 101 element chains like they're nothing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5PCmKquFs0&t=2816s

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Oxybeles posted:

Thanks portal event!

Used a ticket and got Sozhe. :confuoot:

Looking at his TMR I guess the MP recovery could be worth the 10% atk loss in some cases. :shrug:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/861566366574190593

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I hope they have a claw machine full of bediles.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
wtf is a Festa?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

wtf is a Festa?

Wtf is a brave exvius?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Chicago, good ol' number 3, gets the shaft again. Pffffft.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently the game just hit 20 million downloads as well. Not sure if global or overall but still, we might get stuff for that.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I will take 6* WoL over free tickets at this point.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I like how they not only whaled for 5 Aileens, but also to 6* them presumably.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

KDdidit posted:

I like how they not only whaled for 5 Aileens, but also to 6* them presumably.

man you've got 3 exdeaths, you're at least an orca

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Chicago, good ol' number 3, gets the shaft again. Pffffft.

I'll be sure to go to the one in Taipei and take pictures of all the hot cosplay girls for you all.

cock hero flux posted:

man you've got 3 exdeaths, you're at least an orca

Exdeath is a 3* unit. I pulled 3 copies of him just from Daily pulls during his banner.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
In a bout of weakness I spent 4 of my 8 tickets on this banner: Ulrica, Ulrica, Aiden, Faris.

Le Sigh

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
God I hate PVP in this game
>100% Evasion Ling

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

All the high/perfect evade characters with status immunity is why I just went back to nuking everything with magic for arena. It's way more consistent when fighting that surprise Noctis you couldn't tag at all and now blizzard flask and your entire team is stopped :argh:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Shoenin posted:

God I hate PVAI in this game
>100% Evasion Ling

Fixed that one for you, good sir.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Next Event is a Bahamut Raid.

New Awakened abilities for: Delita, Hope, Vanille, Laswell, Nichol, Garnet, Kain, Snow, Chizuru, Dark Fina, Bartz (NO RAMZA!!!)

Next banner looks like: Firion, Kain, Reberta, Zyrus. Called the Dragon Killers so presumably all the characters on the banner have innate Dragon Killer which is kind of cool.

Reberta(not sure if that's a typo or just a really badly translated name) has a fantastic sprite with a red dragon flying next to her and Zyrus look like Global Exclusive units. Wish we were getting a global exclusive Kain 6* awakening but c'est la vie.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 9, 2017

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
maybe ill get enough kains to fuse his tmr

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

MohShuvuu posted:

maybe ill get enough kains to fuse his tmr

I actually have enough Kains already to do that, but I was saving 5 of them for this trial because ages ago someone posted a team of 5 Kains destroying it and I love gimmick builds.

Speaking of love LOOK AT THE PRETTY DRAGON :lovewcc:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Aww, it's just a bunch of ability awakenings. On the plus side those with Dark Fina and willing to farm can turn her into a monster with chaining Ultima now.

HGH posted:

I'll be glad not to see grinding events for a bit. Although I personally believe next week will be a Bahamut raid event.
Behold my predictions coming true! Ok well it's not like there was that many events to guess from. Let's see if I can keep the streak going: after Bahamut is Type 0 event part 3.
And also we won't get WoL+Garland 6 star till the anniversary event next month.

Edit: One of the Bahamut rewards is just a Thancred TM by another name. What a way to waste space.

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 9, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Doubleposting but they just updated with the banner info. Reberta is a Dragoon whose big move is one of those conditional attacks JP seems to like so much. It's a jump attack that makes it so three of her other jump abilities do some other unspecified thing when used afterwards.
Zyrus is another exclusive. 4* anti-dragon mage, has innate dualcast, and one of those "Consecutive uses of does increasing damage" abilities. Also a pretty good rod TM.

I didn't realize Firion had 2 separate dragon killer passives. Can I equip him with a 3rd one from the friend point unit?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

Doubleposting but they just updated with the banner info. Reberta is a Dragoon whose big move is one of those conditional attacks JP seems to like so much. It's a jump attack that makes it so three of her other jump abilities do some other unspecified thing when used afterwards.
Zyrus is another exclusive. 4* anti-dragon mage, has innate dualcast, and one of those "Consecutive uses of does increasing damage" abilities. Also a pretty good rod TM.

I didn't realize Firion had 2 separate dragon killer passives. Can I equip him with a 3rd one from the friend point unit?

Yes. You can also stack 2 Poach and Syldra's Protection for a total +130% vs Dragons just from materia. Give him Odin that's another 50%. He innately has 125%, so if you use the event spear and the event gun that's another 100%. So you could have Firion at +405% VS DRAGONS

I'm not a fan of the conditional or consecutive attacks gimmick because it's hard to work into your strategy when you need to break the chain for a turn to do something else, like in this case Guard for Megaflare. And the benefit never seems as good as just straight chain damage.

That said, I might whale for Reberta because THAT loving DRAGON. :love:

From the Exvius past JP events archive

quote:

Bahamut
Lv: 70
Hp: 1200000
weak to light element, resist dark element. Nullifies poison, confuse, silence, pertify. Which means Bahamut can be afflicted by paralysis and sleep.

First turn idle, and release megaflare on the second turn. It is important to buff Spirit parameter (concentration will do fine) or magic debuff to survive megaflare. Later turns will be followed by AoE fire, water, earth attacks (earthshaker), poison attacks, and Maelstorm (50% hp threshold, reduce hp by 99%).

Recommended party: Bring a full assault party to finish Bahamut on turn 2-3. Orlandu and Exdeath are recommended because of their light-elemental attacks. Equipping Durandal (from recent FFT event, light-elemental greatsword) and dragon-killer abilities to physical attacker is recommended to increase firepower. If you're not confident to finish Bahamut quickly, bringing full-party buff (concentrate) and a healer will help you to survive (especially megaflare). Considering Bahamut attacks on 3rd turn and later are quite dangerous (maelstorm), finishing the battle quickly is highly recommended.

Chaining Orlandu probably going to be the way to go, unless they nerf his Light weakness.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 9, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I kind of hope that new exclusive is good. But at the same time I hope not because I have no lapis.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
She's a dragoon. Let's face it, ninjas and dragoons will always get the shaft. I'd honestly rather have the 4* mage.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

PaybackJack posted:

That said, I might whale for Reberta because THAT loving DRAGON. :love:

As some one that went Dragoon as their first 75 job in FFXI...it's not worth it.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Looks like another real nice banner to no pull on. I guess if you need a Firion still...

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I may pull for the mage guy. That TM is pretty sweet.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
All valid points. The undeniable counterpoint is "she has a dragon."

Just like Refia's trump card is "she hugs a chocobo." No. Better. Healer.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Decided to do a half pull today with some story mission lapis...

:stare:

Okay, I suppose that's nice consolation for not getting Trance Terra... Now to grind and gear her up.

I wish I could give my luck to some of you who are more deserving like Dana who has helped me through so many trials :smith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'll probably roll for the mage because dragoons are universally bad in this game and they still haven't figured out a way to not make them suck that badly. Even their last attempt in the japanese version was just sort of OK but really not worth it as a

Mage at least has the TM being a bit better than a void staff and a decent midpoint between it and Emperors staff. Plus maybe his nuke will work with my double t.terras chaos waves.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'll probably roll for the mage because dragoons are universally bad in this game and they still haven't figured out a way to not make them suck that badly. Even their last attempt in the japanese version was just sort of OK but really not worth it as a

Mage at least has the TM being a bit better than a void staff and a decent midpoint between it and Emperors staff. Plus maybe his nuke will work with my double t.terras chaos waves.

On the other hand: mini dragon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im also guessing that after they decided to not really give lightning better enhancements that they'll do the same with Delita and have his be some of the worst in the loving game, continuing to relegate him into literally the worst troll 5* you could get.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Shingouryu posted:

Decided to do a half pull today with some story mission lapis...

:stare:

Okay, I suppose that's nice consolation for not getting Trance Terra... Now to grind and gear her up.

I wish I could give my luck to some of you who are more deserving like Dana who has helped me through so many trials :smith:

I like how she uses the weapon from All You Need Is Kill. Or Attack on Titan, depending on your cultural references.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I am gonna have SO MANY TM staves. If I could just pull Dark Fina I'd be the king of 2nd class mage citizens.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ramza enhancements are the new wol 6*. when this game finally ends for good we will still be missing both of those and 6* garland

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently we're getting a global exclusive trial this month. Not knowing most of the details beforehand is gonna be a bit of a disadvantage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nier Automata is confirmed!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6a5i00/nierautomata_collaboration_confirmed_in_gl_no/

:shepspends:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I got about 2 replies into that thread before everyone started talking about their waifus, gently caress reddit.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
How does 2b rank as a 5*? In tempted to whale on that just cried nier it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If I was Gumi, I'd nerf it a tad like they did with Noctis and release it into our meta now. The game is still relatively new and on gamers minds. Otherwise we won't see it for another year.

• Locked thread