Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Spot the odd one out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why did they leave the F1 87/88C out?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

The worst you could blame Castrol for is possibly not getting the octan rating to hold up under the conditions possible for TJI but they've done it for Renault on incredibly short notice as well and the team is so vocal about their issues at this point that they would've out and confirmed that if it was. My feeling is that it's still a Honda issue.

This is the most damning rebuttal of that theory, imo. Honda would not be so publicly taking all the punches if they thought for a second it was BP's fault.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
To be fair Ferrari only ran the NART colors in Mexico that year.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I for one am rejoicing at the small and abused (at the hands of the vile UK) island nation of Ireland having its second only F1 driver, Mr. O'Glock, back in the seat to carry the torch from Mr. Irvine.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wirth1000 posted:

Glock is tweeting.

Welp, nevermind. It's probably Pirelli after all.

Well there goes Lewis' chances at winning the the championship this year

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I for one am rejoicing at the small and abused (at the hands of the vile UK) island nation of Ireland having its second only F1 driver, Mr. O'Glock, back in the seat to carry the torch from Mr. Irvine.

Wait? Coulthard is Scottish? What's the difference, don't they both eat potatoes like they are going out of style?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Eddie Irvine is from Northern Ireland and raced under a British flag, so Tim's the only true Irishman.

Also GramCracker, of course Coulthard's Scottish, was his helmet too subtle for you?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Nah, I don't see Frank Williams loving the golden goose, no matter how many cars he writes off.

Well he killed Senna.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tsaedje posted:

Eddie Irvine is from Northern Ireland and raced under a British flag, so Tim's the only true Irishman.

Also GramCracker, of course Coulthard's Scottish, was his helmet too subtle for you?

I might have been being a just little sarcastic

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
At his peak Trulli was much more then a mediocre driver and was actually pretty drat quick thanks for playing.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

AgentJotun posted:

At his peak Trulli was much more then a mediocre driver and was actually pretty drat quick thanks for playing.

Get out of here Trulli.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

AgentJotun posted:

Yeah, Trulli was actually pretty great. But then Toyota happened and same thing happened to Trulli what happened to Ralf.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
His 2004 Monaco pole lap is still one of my favourite onboards ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTS0qM7BJ6s

Very few corrections, the sheer speed of it and the just the absolute confidence and understanding he has with the track and car behaviour is astounding, mmmhmmm...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's sad that people think "Trulli Train" just means "slow" when in fact he was an outrageously good qualifier who was very difficult to pass.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Very few corrections, the sheer speed of it and the just the absolute confidence and understanding he has with the track and car behaviour is astounding, mmmhmmm...

gently caress, what a lap

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica

Tsaedje posted:

Understandably, everyone is forgetting about Ralph Firman, the other Irish driver.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

That was amazing to watch and I had never seen it before.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Wirth1000 posted:

That's a sexy lap, when he comes out of the tunnel and takes that chicane at basically full throttle then no lift around next few turns, maaaaan.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
After the hairpin before the tunnel he gives it a huge squirt too, before slowing for the tunnel entrance

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That video would be cooler if that loving guy shut his loving mouth.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DoctorGonzo posted:

That video would be cooler if that loving guy shut his loving mouth.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm at the point where if I hear an F1 car without Brundle blabbering on in the background I get anxious and uncomfortable.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
I cringe hearing yank commentary.

'And here comes Michael SchumARRKER in the number 1 car'.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh bloody hell, Glock is mentoring Mick Schumacher isn't he. That's a Ferarri simulator. :facepalm:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Oh bloody hell, Glock is mentoring Mick Schumacher isn't he.

Shocked that they didn't ask Massa.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Tim o' trolled the poo poo out of all of you

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

That's why they are the perfect synergy with Nando. Savants at making lovely decisions.

This post did not get the recognition it deserved.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can someone nicely ask Mark Webber to stop talking?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I was just thinking the same thing.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Having watched years of motorsports in english and spanish it seems to me the spanish guys always shut up on on board laps and the english commentators doesnt shut the gently caress up never.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The Americans (who are British/Australian) shut up during onboards. British media outlets simply foster an honorless culture of degradation and self-serving fraud.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

This was linked in the Misc Auto Racing thread, but here is a great example of natural noises for a race. And yes, I know its not F1 related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC74ow7-biU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sauber-open-to-anything-in-honda-relationship-903561/

"Anything."

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a certain degree of respect for Sauber's total lack of morals when it comes to grabbing any money or advantage they can, given all of the backmarker/midfield teams over the years who have disappeared from the sport while Sauber keeps pootling on.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:rip: Sauber.

Long live Honda factory team!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
We can only hope that after Honda devours Sauber and then quits F1 like the fickle little twats they are, Ross Brawn will buy them out again and win another championship.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think Brawn is rather content with being able to run the sport/bath in the blood of his vanquished foes, rather than a lovely little team like Sauber.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

We can only hope that after Honda devours Sauber and then quits F1 like the fickle little twats they are, Ross Brawn will buy them out again and win another championship.

Keep going, I'm almost there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

Keep going, I'm almost there.

With Max Verstappen behind the wheel.

• Locked thread