Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

3. The kids were tasked with choosing, researching, and presenting about a topic at the intersection of biology and technology.

RIHANNA: "We want to search about sex."
ME: "Sex and technology? Okay, you can find something about that, but don't forget I have to approve it first."
RIHANNA: "Hmmm...I want to do candles."
ME: "Condoms?"
RIHANNA: "CANDLES."
ME: "Spell it."
RIHANNA: "C-O-N....oh, my god. I meant condoms."
ME: "I guess that's all right, but you need to be more specific."
RIHANNA: "I think our topic should be 'what is the biggest condom?'"
FRANK: "I already know." :smug:
RIHANNA: "Shut the HELL UP, Frank." *whispers* "Fleta, he doesn't know anything."

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > PYF poo poo kids say: Shut the HELL UP, Frank

e: God drat it, didn't mean to snipe. Adding quote for context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rihanna is funny as hell and also fierce

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
"You know, Auntie Cath, when I was a kid..."

Little dude, you're five.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
A redditor relayed questions to his 3-year-old son and posted the answers. link

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

A redditor relayed questions to his 3-year-old son and posted the answers. link

Living in Italy, this made me choke on my morning coffee. (Aglio Oglio is amazing btw)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My 3yr old daughter renamed her lego friends Cinderella "Chunderbobs"

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

This is a really common thing with kids and it's why the current trend is to teach kids about "tricky people" instead, people who tell lies or want something from them. I think there's a worry that teaching kids to avoid all strangers could lead to them not asking for help if they're lost or in trouble.

There's a super dark plot thread in the movie Short Cuts about this.

That movie is brutal on 90s parenting in general. Also parenting in general

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

cakesmith handyman posted:

Not sure a three year old should be reading the Confused Indian Men thread.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
At a family gathering a friend's 5 year old announces loudly to everyone "Do you know what... My grandad, he can't walk", her parents explain that her great-grandfather has had an operation and now needs a wheel chair. A minute later she turns to my Granddad and asks "Can you walk?".

Also looking at her dinner plate "That's too much for me, I only have a little mouth". Which is ironic as she's the most outspoken kid I've ever met.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
my 4 year old nephew, while his parents were trying to decide whether to pizza or chinese for dinner: "let's just order pizza, for christ's sake."

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

DemonDarkhorse posted:

my 4 year old nephew, while his parents were trying to decide whether to pizza or chinese for dinner: "let's just order pizza, for christ's sake."

This is a good boy. Settled a nice case of choice paralysis. I hope he enjoyed that pizza.

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009

cakesmith handyman posted:

When my cousin was that age (she's now 17 ;A;) she loved Spongebob Squarepants but it came out "Bobbobs Squhsqunts."

Obviously I still call it that.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
ME: "What would you have in your dream house?"
MAY: "A big chicken!" :D

Every country. Every time. <----youtube link (sfw)

e: If you listen to that song, it'll be in your head for days. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 06:20 on May 8, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

DemonDarkhorse posted:

Kid gets it. If you really, really can't decide between two options then there's obviously not much difference between them in terms of how much you'll enjoy it so, gently caress it, just pick one. Flip a coin if you have to.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Apropos of absolutely nothing, in the middle of class:

TOM: "Fleta, we have a naked picture."
ME: "Oh, yeah? Who is it?"
JAYDEN: "Justin Bieber."
ME: "Ew, no thanks."
RIHANNA: "Why not?"
ME: "He's not my type."
FRANK: "What is your type?"
ME: Christian Bale in the 1994 version of Little Women. "Uhhh, smart. I like smart men."
*a pause*
SIMON: "Oh, HAWKING! You love Hawking!"
ME: ".....okay."

P.S. I did not look at the picture of Justin Bieber.
P.P.S. Rihanna Photoshopped a picture of their (female) class head teacher to look like Stephen Hawking.
P.P.P.S. Rihanna just informed me that her presentation team's name is Walnut Milk Butt. :confused:
P.P.P.P.S. "Can we do our presentation on prosthetic penises?" (Fine with me, tbh, if it exists.)

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 07:42 on May 9, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Okay, sorry for the double post after adding all those edits to the last one, but this deserves its own entry:

"Condoms" won over "prosthetic dicks" in the coin toss, so I suggested they look at Latex alternatives.

ME: "Some people are allergic to the material they make most condoms out of. For example, Durex."
FRANK: "What about Jissbon?"

ME: *trying and failing not to smile* "Yes, like Jissbon."
RIHANNA: "Why are you laughing?"
ME: "Well, 'Jissbon' sounds funny to native English speakers."

Long story short, I explained the etymology as best I could.

ME: "So, um, when people finish having sex, that's the name we have for the stuff that comes out of the man's penis."
FRANK: "What's a penis?"
*Sam punches Frank in the crotch*
FRANK: "OKAY I UNDERSTAND."
RIHANNA; "It's what I have and you don't!"
FRANK: "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?"

Then Rihanna insisted I draw a condom for her. I didn't.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Fleta, you can double post as much as you want. Hell, make it a triple, all the more content for us to enjoy.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Considering Rihanna was willing to lead a revolt against the school administration, while I was a big(ger) wimp in my own secondary school days, I'd say she's got what I don't got too :v:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Frank, shut the HELL up!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How old are these children?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

oldpainless posted:

How old are these children?

iirc they're like 17-18

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It's less "kids say the darndest things" and more "teenagers from a weird foreign culture who speak English as a second language say the darndest things"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My 5-year-old daughter suddenly grew attached to the Rudolph the Reindeer doll that we have, so we put on that old Rudolph movie. After the abominable snow monster whacked Rudolph on the head and knocked him out, my daughter started crying.

"Why did he make Rudolph's HP go to 0?!" :cry:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

sweeperbravo posted:

iirc they're like 17-18

Yep

Kevyn posted:

It's less "kids say the darndest things" and more "teenagers from a weird foreign culture who speak English as a second language say the darndest things"

Yep

but they're still legal minors and the "PYF ESL student quotes" thread never got much traction, so...technicality?

I really hope they come up with some useful information about condoms, since they don't have sex ed here.

U-DO Burger posted:

My 5-year-old daughter suddenly grew attached to the Rudolph the Reindeer doll that we have, so we put on that old Rudolph movie. After the abominable snow monster whacked Rudolph on the head and knocked him out, my daughter started crying.

"Why did he make Rudolph's HP go to 0?!" :cry:

Your kiddo is amazing.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

*Sam punches Frank in the crotch*
FRANK: "OKAY I UNDERSTAND."
RIHANNA; "It's what I have and you don't!"
FRANK: "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?"

It's past midnight, I'm exhausted, and your posts still make me snicker. Incidentally, I was listening to one of my playlists on Youtube and "Man Down" started playing, and I immediately thought of Rihanna.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

(Tom is singing in the hallway)

ME: "Get to class, music man."
TOM: "I am not a music man, I am a music sheep." :smug:

:confused:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

haha that is fantastic

Maybe some kind of idiom about following the music => being a music sheep? no idea

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Summing up 2017:
I'm standing by the window with my 1.5 year old son. He makes a gesture to encompass all he sees, and very solemnly says "Poop".

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Andy, the 8th grader, singing: "Watch out for my body rolls, WATCH OUT FOR MY BODY ROLLS, HIIIIGH KICKS HIIIIGH KICKS

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

I feel like some backstory is needed here.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Speedboat Jones posted:

Andy, the 8th grader, singing: "Watch out for my body rolls, WATCH OUT FOR MY BODY ROLLS, HIIIIGH KICKS HIIIIGH KICKS

I just listened to that again the other day.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Summing up 2017:
I'm standing by the window with my 1.5 year old son. He makes a gesture to encompass all he sees, and very solemnly says "Poop".

i love this.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

no, i don't need it now... not now...

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

One of those signatures is my name and looks exactly how I signed my name as a kid and it's freaking me out.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

One of those signatures is my name and looks exactly how I signed my name as a kid and it's freaking me out.

Damnit, Billy.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
From a friend

quote:

Son: Why do we exist?
Me: I don't know why we exist, son. What do you think?
Son: Because we're jerks. And we need to suffer.
Me: Son, should I introduce you to my friend Arthur Schopenhauer?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It's about as good an explanation for humanity as any other. And given how big of jerks humans actually are, perhaps better than most.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
My five-year-old asked if i wanted a picture of hers to hang up at work, and of course I said OK. She started dealing out a handful of cute pictures, typical stuff she likes to draw — cats on playgrounds, penguins, etc.., but topped off the stack with this:

"You can hang this one on your door! It's a poop-splosion!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PXJ800 posted:

My five-year-old asked if i wanted a picture of hers to hang up at work, and of course I said OK. She started dealing out a handful of cute pictures, typical stuff she likes to draw — cats on playgrounds, penguins, etc.., but topped off the stack with this:

"You can hang this one on your door! It's a poop-splosion!"

Was she inspired by this:

http://rosalarian.tumblr.com/post/89667395285/rosalarian-my-friend-called-me-a-fecal-wizard