Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

I think half the people here could be better striking coaches than most pro-fighters have, but so would a speak and spell shouting "punch the face!

No, I don't think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

No, I don't think so

Yeah. It would have to yell out useful things like

YOU'VE GOT TO MOVE

and

FUCCCK

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
GO FORWARD

GO FIRST

GO FORWARD

GO FIRST

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

HEAD MOVEMENT! HEAD MOVEMENT! YES MOVE! GOOD JOB

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Gay Horney posted:

Do you guys remember when we all thought Ben Rothwell was going to be the champion and then JDS showed up and punched him in the stomach a bunch of times and we never heard from Rothwell again

Do you guys remember when UFC bought Pride and besides a whole lot of nothing they got Werdum, who soon was on a two fight winning streak and would probably be their future UFC HW Champ? But then JDS blasted him into space, got a big bonus, and Dana cut Werdum so fast that the first time he heard about it was when a reporter asked him about getting cut.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ein posted:

Do you guys remember when UFC bought Pride and besides a whole lot of nothing they got Werdum, who soon was on a two fight winning streak and would probably be their future UFC HW Champ? But then JDS blasted him into space, got a big bonus, and Dana cut Werdum so fast that the first time he heard about it was when a reporter asked him about getting cut.

tell me there is footage of this

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Captain Log posted:

I think half the people here could be better striking coaches than most pro-fighters have, but so would a speak and spell shouting "punch the face!

Agreed, but only with regard to being better than Rhondas striking coach

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So have we already discussed Kelvin's last win getting overturned? Didn't see it on the last few pages.

God drat it, Kelvin.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Memento posted:

tell me there is footage of this

I think there was a video where he denied being cut, because he hadn't been informed about it. But it's probably lost to time, just like the video where Nick and Nate did a promo for Assassins Creed while high as gently caress.

But that was old Werdum, now he's funny and good instead of being the guy that didn't want to hit Arlovski with a closed fist and risk his hands because ADCC was coming up.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

"Stand up"

"Score points"

"Knock him out"

the sum total of all the knowledge Rampage gave to his fighters across 2 seasons of TUF.

Note: "how you gonna get the moon off you?", while an interesting thought experiment, doesn't actually contain any knowledge that can be imparted upon a fighter

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I want you to punch a hole in his fuckin chest, that's what I want.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Hit him with your groin.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
No coaching moment in MMA will ever top Miesha Tate telling Bryan Caraway to take the final round of a fight easy because he was ahead on points, causing him to lose by decision.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So have we already discussed Kelvin's last win getting overturned? Didn't see it on the last few pages.

God drat it, Kelvin.

The tests are bogus and the penalty is even worse so I choose to blame Brazil not Kelvin.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Cain has been injured a bunch, I know, but he is still way faster than Rothwell and would just single leg him and beat him up again.

Edit: If you haven't seen the first fight you should watch it if only for Rothwell complaining about the stoppage after taking what seemed like a galaxy's worth of punches and elbows to the head.

Edit 2:vvv That was incredible, yeah.

That was an early stoppage for sure

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Captain Log posted:

a speak and spell shouting "punch the face!
This is literally what Uriah Hall should have as a cornerman.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

just coast

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have actually got a fighter to throw strikes I'm calling out so obviously I would be a great cornerperson.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I would yell "spinning back kick" at Cung Le from the crowd and then he'd actually do it

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

https://twitter.com/procast/status/861628384161300482

i like Joanna she's cool

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have actually got a fighter to throw strikes I'm calling out so obviously I would be a great cornerperson.

you got it, coach

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I was the one who originally convinced Ovince St. Preux that the floor is energy.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im going to get conor mcgregor to start using offensive BJJ more by posting in depth analysis on the comments section of all of his youtube highlight reel videos

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Captain Log posted:

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WAANT

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I'm that dude in Mighty Mouse's corner who's just sitting, nodding and looking smug, because everything is going according to keikaku.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Just noticed that the feature prelim and the entire PPV, all 12 fighters, are ranked top 10 in their division. I don't think that has ever happened since rankings became a thing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LobsterMobster posted:

you got it, coach

We're going to need to get on TV again soon. Gonna have to make more custom trolling shirts.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Captain Log posted:

Until Edmond appeared the gold standard for abysmal coaching was Rampage on The Ultimate Fighter Trashweight

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Goddamn, I don't want either Stipe or JDS to lose.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tj seems like a really good coach this year. Chael seemed good too

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Kaddish posted:

Goddamn, I don't want either Stipe or JDS to lose.

JDS is maybe my #1 favorite KO artist, but I want Stipe to win. Stipe won me over as a fanby KOing hunt arlovski werdum and overeem. it was a public service to knock those guys out of the title picture

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I kind of never want any HW champ to successfully defend more than twice

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Novum posted:

h*ck, samesies

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Rigel posted:

Just noticed that the feature prelim and the entire PPV, all 12 fighters, are ranked top 10 in their division. I don't think that has ever happened since rankings became a thing.

That's sick.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

Tj seems like a really good coach this year. Chael seemed good too

Taking the show at face value and assuming they aren't editing it to make Cody and his team look bad, the contrast in quality of coaching between TJ and Cody is pretty stark.

I think it was the 2nd episode where that dude defended the rear naked choke incorrectly and both Cody and Castillo immediately went in on the guy, "this is on you," etc.

I don't get the vibe that if one of TJ's guys lost they would get that kind of treatment after the fight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cody has seemed fine to me as a coach, they've shown some clips of him going over some technical poo poo with his guys and showing them what he likes to do in a lot of situations. i feel like it's hard for some really talented guys to coach since they pick stuff up so much faster than most. tj just seems really into it where he's probably emulating bang ludwig's coaching style

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Novum posted:

I want any heavyweight to defend the title more than twice.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I can't imagine anything more humiliating than being dressed down by Danny "Last Call" Castillo on television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Man with a losing UFC record on a massive losing streak who exclusively fights on cards headligned by his famous friends: This is on you. I can't help you man.

• Locked thread