Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

lol what a bitch

GOP.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

2DCAT posted:

:siren: :siren: can confirm, peckerwood has been said aloud in Congress now too.

yasssss

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Perfectly Safe posted:

I still don't understand this clip. There is presumably some background here. Why does he see that as a challenging question?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2016/04/18/big-money-underscores-competitive-race-iowas-1st-district/83199210/

Blum walks out as the reporter asks him about taking money from outside of his district, so I'm guessing the reporter is following up on a story about the amount of out-of-state cash that was poured into his 2016 race.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

after trump reveals global warming to be a hoax everyones gonna be like lol this was fabricated

*david copperfield flies in on a helicopter*

ha ha ha i falsified the fossil record u cucks and also the statue of liberty NEVER EXISTED

Serf
May 5, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's also trying to fire as many scientists as he can and replace them with reps from the various industries they're supposed to be regulating. Among other things.

lmao it's not like we were doing much to curb the capitalist impulse to destroy the environment for personal profit before, but now we're like help them for 8 straight years

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the banner tweet, i didn(t expect that

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's also trying to fire as many scientists as he can and replace them with reps from the various industries they're supposed to be regulating. Among other things.

Yea this was underreported.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/epa-dismisses-advisers-central-review-board-article-1.3147161

quote:

The Environmental Protection Agency has suddenly cleaned house on one of its central scientific review boards — dismissing half of the members who were told their positions are safe.

The agency’s administrator, Scott Pruitt, has axed nine of the 18 members on the Board of Scientific Counselors, which upholds the standards for some the EPA’s most significant research. Pruitt, a vocal opponent of the agency he now runs, plans to fill those spots with new advisers.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
LoL. I beat Persona 5 and it's creepily topical for a game that took 8 years to make. I beat the penultimate boss and it's loving hilarious that after you make Japanese Donald Trump confess to murder the voters still want him to be prime minister. I guess nothing matters in Japan as well.

Playing Prey now. And its shockingly good. Its basically modern System Shock 2 and has a difficulty and lack of hand-holding that I didn't think triple A games could pull off anymore.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

a reasonable plan that puts real American interests first

EPA rules that all families must now store one cubic foot of coal sludge in their homes. compliance will mandate a free $10 coupon to the EPA gift shop

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!

the govt is being entirely run by and for 80s ski movie villians

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Are radical eco-terrorists still a thing? Do they have Pruitt's address?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Scientists, lobbyists, basically the same thing right?? :shrug:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

this is literally what is happening and each day feels more bizarre than the last

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

Where is captain planet when we need him!?!

2DCAT posted:

... One more branch of government and the peckerwood trifecta will be complete...

tripecta

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

lmao it's not like we were doing much to curb the capitalist impulse to destroy the environment for personal profit before, but now we're like help them for 8 straight years

Only 8? please.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

2DCAT posted:

O Hai congress

the goon version of

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
When youve been hanging out with Richard Branson too much

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Only 8? please.

im unwilling to think more than 8 years into this future rn bc if i do i'll probably go ahead and eat a bullet

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/my-plan-to-gently caress-the-poor

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I love how everyone in Congress is wearing the standard business suit with an American flag lapel... Then there is me, looking like an engineer that was forced at gunpoint to wear a mismatched blazer with a thinkface lapel.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

2DCAT posted:

O Hai congress

Loving this field trip.
This is a close to power as a goon will ever get.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I serve at the pleasure of the peckerwood

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

rear end cobra posted:

When youve been hanging out with Richard Branson too much

Love how in this time line obama became a villain

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

GobiasIndustries posted:

Wherein Congressman Rod Blum (R-IA) abandons an interview in less than a minute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5XB7PQztvw
outside money flooding into the state backing the republicans doesn't matter

he also had a town hall last night where a thousand people shat on him.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This is going to be some great photoshop fodder

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Christopher Nolan Was Right

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

dw i have a plan to blow up earth zero, all timelines will soon be eliminated.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

the real leftist base of the Democratic Party

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/861926892760436737

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Cthulhumatic posted:

Are radical eco-terrorists still a thing? Do they have Pruitt's address?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

2DCAT posted:

O Hai congress

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

So I just worked consecutive 13-hour days on Friday, Sunday and Monday. What the gently caress's been going on in (lol) reality?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

O Hai congress

i'm the bird turd

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

We're going to repeal and replace it!
We've repealed and replaced it!
We didn't repeal and replace it!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

I didn't think the funniest congressman of the moment would ever be a tall glass of skim milk from Iowa, but hes really delivering :stare:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

fits my needs posted:

i'm the bird turd

that's just the thinking face emoji, but i can understand how you could get confused

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Robert Plant posted:

So I just worked consecutive 13-hour days on Friday, Sunday and Monday. What the gently caress's been going on in (lol) reality?

It's hard to know really.
Trump tweeted a bunch, you might check out his feed.
Sally Yates and James Clapper testified yesterday. Not much happened but senators looking dumb.

like this:

GobiasIndustries posted:

Who wants to see dumbfuck Senator John Kennedy make a complete rear end of himself?

Oh, everybody, cool
https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/861694046028345344
https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/861696195462406149

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deadgoon posted:

many raps are good, however, i am an out of touch white man (and have always been, even in my youth, an out of touch white), so i cannot say which ones those are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8DxO-66jrA

philadelphia is the best city in the united states of america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

posting your own tweets

:chloe:

• Locked thread