Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Maybe this season would be better if everyone stopped having private conversations about their feelings every five minutes in every single episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Krad posted:

Maybe this season would be better if everyone stopped having private conversations about their feelings every five minutes in every single episode.

If they did it just wouldn't be the CW.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I basically agree that Flash needs to get off the "evil speedster" kick for a season like they teased with Alchemy, but like I don't think the problem is REALLY that the characters have personal feelings and relationships.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Having feelings and relationships isn't a problem, but when people continually want things kept secret it gets a little tiresome.

Although I do love the way Joe went from "I have to break up with Cecile rather than put her in danger" to "Yeah I just told her you're the Flash, Barry".

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Having feelings and relationships isn't a problem, but when people continually want things kept secret it gets a little tiresome.

Although I do love the way Joe went from "I have to break up with Cecile rather than put her in danger" to "Yeah I just told her you're the Flash, Barry".

It was kinda dumb since he only did it when his hand was forced by Killer Frost. Barry was like "dude there's no point keeping it a secret anymore, 80% of the population knows I'm the Flash" then Joe was like "I'm still gonna!" then KF showed up and welp

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, Joe wasn't really wrestling with whether to trust her with the secret or anything. He was just coming to terms with the obvious that people in the Allen/West social circle tend to end up kidnapped or killed.

Its a tough thing to bring up when you're starting a relationship. "I can't tell you why, but if this gets serious there's a good chance a super villain might kill you or take you to another timeline or planet."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

8one6 posted:

Right now the ratings are:
Legends of Tomorrow s2 - the best
Flash s1 / Supergirl s1 - A tie for fantastic
Supergirl s2 - great
Flash s3 - Ehh, it's pretty alright
Flash s2 - Dumb, lots pf problems,
Legends of Tomorrow s1 - It was bad, characters were dumb, plot was dump, villain was worse.
Arrow (all) - Cry talking, poor decisions, purestrain CW drama.

Arrow s1 and s2 go right below LoT s2

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
One thing I will definitely say about this season vs. Zoom season is that having the villain be Evil Future Flash definitely raises the emotional stakes, as opposed to it just being this mysterious guy from another universe that we are supposed to be attached to but barely know. For better or worse, we've had 2.8 seasons to get to know Barry so we're definitely attached to him. Thawne's betrayal hurt. Jay's betrayal was eh. But Barry turning his back on them? That's a whole other ball game. It opens the door for some serious character exploration. Whether or not they walk through that door is up in the air, but the door is definitely open.

It also explains in a rather straightforward way why Savitar doesn't just loving kill Barry, as opposed to Zoom who seemed to do random poo poo because he was evil and crazy.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Alter Ego posted:

If they did it just wouldn't be the CW.

Arrow handles things pretty well (Olicity excluded) and in Legends these issues are almost non existant. Wish Flash learned to do the same.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Well, that was a pretty swell intro that explains things.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

they sure glossed over that paradox

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

they sure glossed over that paradox

SpeedForce.mp4 goes here, pretty much. They say as much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Cisco wiping Barry's memories is pretty lol

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I realize they can't actually do it any more than Oliver can just call Barry every time he's got a tough nut to crack over on Arrow but it's hard to know why Barry doesn't call in a favor with Kara to help deal with this whole Savitar situation.

e: There you go, Bart Allen. Everyone happy now?

Giant Tourtiere fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 10, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I haven't watched this show in forever and I think I chose a bad episode to try again. Yikes, this is not good.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Keep Bart, kill off Barry.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

lol the dumb plan worked

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh yes, they wiped Savitar's mind too, awesome.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm actually impressed they did a stupid plan and it functionally worked the way they wanted it to.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Of course the most stupid thing they could do is the one that works.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The more The Flash embraces Legends logic the better off we'll all be.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

This may be the worst thing Team Flash has ever done.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

The more The Flash embraces Legends logic the better off we'll all be.

"The more you gently caress with time the less the rules about it matter" seems pretty solid for both Flash and Legends time travel logic.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

the rest of the episode is a slapstick comedy about preventing Bart from popping a boner.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

lol they're gonna trade Wally's stupid powers for Iris's life.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Caitlin doesn't have her powers does she?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Caitlyn doesn't have her powers does she?

Wouldn't surprise me.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

Caitlyn doesn't have her powers does she?

She didn't need Savitar to get her powers. She got her powers from the particle accelerator explosion in this timeline.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

King.

Motherfucking.

Shark.

Yeeeesssss.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
King Shark has the thing?

Why does King Shark have the thing?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zebulon posted:

King.

Motherfucking.

Shark.

Yeeeesssss.

King Shark and a team up with Captain Cold!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

am I supposed to remember what that thing is? An infinity stone?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I think they remembered how to make this show fun.

Edit: That said I will take a complete ban on the word darkness from any future scripts

J33uk fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 10, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

am I supposed to remember what that thing is? An infinity stone?

I think it's the power plant from an alien ship in the crossover.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ooooh, I bet they're going to steal it from Argus.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Ooooh, I bet they're going to steal it from Argus.

Would explain why King Motherfucking Shark is protecting it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

funniest scene of the episode was when Wally told Bart that they were brothers and Bart looked at his hand slowly, that got a good laugh from me

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How do we afford to live here?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

This felt like dumb filler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

No Butt Stuff posted:

This felt like dumb filler.

I dunno, it was a fun episode. We don't get many of those, usually it is just Team Flash loving around and screwing up and then being all down about it. Instead, we got to see a happy Barry.

• Locked thread