Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The Fatemeister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I said come in! posted:

What fighting game Twitch broadcasters do you all like? The only one I am familiar with is maximilian_dood but I want to find more, especially if they are planning on being dedicated to this game.

For NRS specific streamers who will being playing this game a lot I would suggest:

https://www.twitch.tv/pndketchup

https://www.twitch.tv/reo_mk

https://www.twitch.tv/streamofthehut

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Evil Canadian posted:

Source crystals seem completely and utterly fair as a microtransaction. Good on 'em.

It's too bad that it looks like the gear transformation system is pay only. I really liked the idea of switching the stats to a piece of gear that you liked the look of but I certainly wouldn't pay real money for it

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

omg chael crash posted:

It's too bad that it looks like the gear transformation system is pay only. I really liked the idea of switching the stats to a piece of gear that you liked the look of but I certainly wouldn't pay real money for it

Well is fine by me since I am only using gear for looks and not bothering with modes where stats matters.

If the gear numbers really entice you, well its long standing tradition of either you go with what you like looks wise, or sacrifice fashion for stats. Tossing a few bones for transmog isn't the biggest deal.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am going to get my little plant buddies to slap you all on the rump

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The only problem I have with paying for Source crystals is whats going to happen to premire skins in like a year or two when they release the ultimate edition

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Apparently the phone game has already launched in some countries? It's probably balls but more than likely there is some costume unlocks tied to it just like inj1 and MKX.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ed Boon is going to laugh maniacally while he swims through his giant pool of dollary doos spent on source crystals.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

AndyElusive posted:

Ed Boon is going to laugh maniacally while he swims through his giant pool of dollary doos spent on source crystals.

This except the Warner Bros

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

With the amount of money Ed is making WB, maybe they will finally let him make Shaolin monks 2 instead of just forcing him along to mk11.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

With the amount of money Ed is making WB, maybe they will finally let him make Shaolin monks 2 instead of just forcing him along to mk11.

You can already have two player mode with both players playing Scorpion in the first one so frankly I don't even see the point.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd rather get NRS studios in touch with Squeenix so we can get an isometric Mortal Kombat Tactics RPG

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Make the reset of the MK Mythologies series, Ed.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather get NRS studios in touch with Squeenix so we can get an isometric Mortal Kombat Tactics RPG

Technowolf posted:

Make the reset of the MK Mythologies series, Ed.

Would seriously buy the both of these.

I do wanna keep some hope that Shaolin Monks 2 will eventually happen though, I actually played some of it again recently with a buddy and it's a good time.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

DLC Inc posted:

We'd get the kingdom hearts and MK crossover instead

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTuo8uxUoyc

Sonic fox early picks for decent characters. Says he is looking forward to Captain cold the most initially. Also that with his time with Canary she is like mk9 Cyrax, which immediately makes more scared of her than any other character in the game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTuo8uxUoyc

Sonic fox early picks for decent characters. Says he is looking forward to Captain cold the most initially. Also that with his time with Canary she is like mk9 Cyrax, which immediately makes more scared of her than any other character in the game.

He seems to have a pretty high opinion of everyone except Cheetah. Like people have brought up, I think Darkseid's biggest weakness will be his speed. He also seems very floaty in his jumps and I worry he'll be overly reliant on his teleport to maintain a zone strategy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

He seems to have a pretty high opinion of everyone except Cheetah. Like people have brought up, I think Darkseid's biggest weakness will be his speed. He also seems very floaty in his jumps and I worry he'll be overly reliant on his teleport to maintain a zone strategy.

interesting how he said Cheetah is a downer; if anything, the streams convinced me Cheetah would be a high-octane pick. Some of those combos and ways she gets in are scary as gently caress.

Doctor Fate, Darkseid, and Black Canary I can def see being popular picks for tourneys

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

interesting how he said Cheetah is a downer; if anything, the streams convinced me Cheetah would be a high-octane pick. Some of those combos and ways she gets in are scary as gently caress.

Doctor Fate, Darkseid, and Black Canary I can def see being popular picks for tourneys

What I took away from it is that this is a game with some very strong long distance zoners and Cheetah has little to easily contend with that; and when she does get close she doesn't have anything to reliably keep an opponent locked down.

Edit: I'm really eager to hear DS's mirror match intros. The competing megalomania is bound to be hilarious.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 8, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

FunkMonkey posted:

What I took away from it is that this is a game with some very strong long distance zoners and Cheetah has little to easily contend with that; and when she does get close she doesn't have anything to reliably keep an opponent locked down.

Less that as cheetah with her serial numbers filed off demon flip is a great answer to zoning, but she just has fuckall to do until she's upclose, and then it sounds like her base strings are kinda balls and her damage output doesn't make up for it.

However early impressions and all, Sonic has been (very)wrong about things in the past as he kinda laser focuses on people he likes and that's about it.

Personally cheetah is one of the characters I am looking forward the most, because her and swamp thing are completely breaking the mold of what a grappler looks like in fighting games. She's super fast and has demon flip, and swampers piledrives you from full screen. Very different than the usual plodding zangiefs/hugos/banes/etc that grappling usually gets associated with.

*ed*

At very least I think cheetah is tied with Superman for best supermove in the game. Usually supers in NRS games are mostly kinda bad competitively with a few standing out, but Cheetah along with Superman both have the "I have 4 bars and you are now my hostage, you can't do any move or jump" styled supers. Swamp Thing and Bane also have fairly good supers since they hit where the opponent is standing currently, so that shuts down most options but jumping.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 8, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm sure perceptions will change after people get a significant amount of time with the game. I'm excited to play Darkseid, but I also see features of him that make me think people might be overestimating him due to hype. Not that this will stop me from enjoying working on him, of course. I've always been a sucker for zoner characters whose goal is to control the field.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 8, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm sure perceptions will change after people get a significant amount of time with the game. I'm excited to play Darkseid, but I also see features of him that make me think people might be overestimating him due to hype. Not that this will stop me from enjoying working on him, of course. I've always been a sucker for zoner characters whose goal is to control the field.

Hey, at least Darkseid is a complete character this time around. If you remember what he was like in MKvsDC -- or to really go wayback, that Justice League SFII clone for SNES/Genesis -- this is by far the most respect he's gotten in a fighter in decades.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am going to win at least 2 matches with Poison Ivy before I smash my controller into 1000 fragments and snort them

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Hey, at least Darkseid is a complete character this time around. If you remember what he was like in MKvsDC -- or to really go wayback, that Justice League SFII clone for SNES/Genesis -- this is by far the most respect he's gotten in a fighter in decades.

No joke, he was probably the last character I expected to have any interest in. No one is more surprised than me.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I am going to win at least 2 matches with Poison Ivy before I smash my controller into 1000 fragments and snort them

The two will probably be against me.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm actually watching her watchtower preview and while I'm not usually huge on zoners things like Barkskin are 100% my poo poo so I hope it works out for me!

E: Her overhead is seriously good

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 9, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm not all that good at fighting games, and I have low self-confidence with playing online in general, but Neatherrealm has given me the perfect excuse to actually try to compete and get competent at a fighting game: Unlockable customization options, which I'm a bitch for.

Also got no work the day the game comes out so yay.

Edit - I hope story mode goes through a wider variety of the roster than 1 did. It was so frustrating playing Batman twice, instead of getting to play Raven, Killer Frost, Grundy, Hawkgirl, or Sinestro.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

I'm not all that good at fighting games, and I have low self-confidence with playing online in general, but Neatherrealm has given me the perfect excuse to actually try to compete and get competent at a fighting game: Unlockable customization options, which I'm a bitch for.

Edit - I hope story mode goes through a wider variety of the roster than 1 did. It was so frustrating playing Batman twice, instead of getting to play Raven, Killer Frost, Grundy, Hawkgirl, or Sinestro.

Eh, the other side of it is that when they made more guys playable like in MKvsDC and MK9 they had a whole bunch of meaningless filler chapters.

Also, nobody is good at fighting games and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just get in there and slam buttons until you figure out better ways to slam the buttons, is my advice!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Roth posted:

Hey if you, or anyone reading this, truly want to try to get better at this crazy fighting game thing feel free to hit me up. I have been teaching goons(and many others) how to play fighting games for years at this point and always glad to help out those who want to learn. Even if you just wanna learn baby basic combos or something like that.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Evil Canadian posted:

Hey if you, or anyone reading this, truly want to try to get better at this crazy fighting game thing feel free to hit me up. I have been teaching goons(and many others) how to play fighting games for years at this point and always glad to help out those who want to learn. Even if you just wanna learn baby basic combos or something like that.

totally hitting you up the 15th.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Don't believe Evil Canadian's lies, he joins goon rooms and farms goon tears for 20 game win streaks, and then he'll sleep with your mom.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sexpig by night posted:

Dr Fate lookin good

thats some goodass armor

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

Don't believe Evil Canadian's lies, he joins goon rooms and farms goon tears for 20 game win streaks, and then he'll sleep with your mom.

But is he here to have fun?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

FunkMonkey posted:

But is he here to have fun?

I have fun but if I join a goon room Maybe set the options while I am there to winner health doesn't regen between fights, I feel like a butt when I win too much :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNr4eflmz0

New trailer going over bunch of the new stuff. Also finally details guilds, works like you would think it does. Also get reward boxes for doing stuff like xyz matches online every week and such.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
7 more days!! Soon. Sooooooon...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNr4eflmz0

New trailer going over bunch of the new stuff. Also finally details guilds, works like you would think it does. Also get reward boxes for doing stuff like xyz matches online every week and such.

Was that Robin murdering Lex Luthor near the beginning?

Anyways this game looks dope as hell and there seems to be a tonne of single player content. I'm sure just leveling a bunch of characters to 20 would keep a lot of people busy for a while!

Also I never asked this but does the game have a block button or is it still down or back to block?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Was that Robin murdering Lex Luthor near the beginning?

Anyways this game looks dope as hell and there seems to be a tonne of single player content. I'm sure just leveling a bunch of characters to 20 would keep a lot of people busy for a while!

Also I never asked this but does the game have a block button or is it still down or back to block?

Not Lex Luthor, just a random bald guy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Brainiac has picked this critical moment to attack when every person of importance is on super powered magic pills.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saint Freak posted:

Brainiac has picked this critical moment to attack when every person of importance is on super powered magic pills.

Lol yeah he's kind of a dumbass

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I chuckled at that launch trailer with the whole "you can join the Man of Steel and restore order....or aid the Dark Knight and fight for freedom....or some people want to be a villain with Grodd....or you can be Atrocitus Braniac or Aquaman I GUESS."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

Injustice is a back to block series.

• Locked thread