Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

fruit on the bottom posted:

Monsanto! :argh:

I [26M] just got married to 24F yesterday...I want a divorce.

So he figured they should get married because they have conservative parents, but his parents didn't want them to get married? It's always so confusing when people make such stupid loving decisions with their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Learn how to make murrfins from scratch. If you can't do this you sucken me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

That's not what Home Ec really was, but I agree because people should know how to do laundry properly. Delicates bags for your bras, people! This isn't rocket science!

Good Home Ec included a mixture of actual no fooling financial advice since a wife would be balancing the family expenditures as well as ye olde lyfhakes

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pick posted:

Learn how to make murrfins from scratch. If you can't do this you sucken me.

are you going to the sucken off

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Maximum dweebage

I [27/M] left my wallet on the plane now I have to blow off the girl I REALLY like [25/F]. HELP ME!!

quote:

u/ColoradoWookHunting

This girl I've known since 2014. We were super close for a while, but then drifted apart in early 2016. We never were together or did anything sexual. I never even made a move because at the time, I was kind of one of those NiceGuys that were too afraid to make a move, but pined after her, but didn't want to ask her out or do anything cause I was afraid to. Anyway, we kind of stopped talking to each other around March of 2016. We'd see each other around here and there at parties and make small talk, but that's about it.

Anyway, we ran into each other again at a festival last Saturday (the 29th). We were both a bit drunk and didn't give a gently caress. I decided to be extra flirty and physical, which she seemed to reciprocate. She even said that her phone number is still the same and to hit her up sometime.

Anyway, I texted her the Monday after that Saturday, saying it was good to see her, and asked her how she was. She asked me how I was and where I am staying at. I replied back telling her what's up. She didn't reply back to that text message until 24 hours later. She then went on to tell me how she likes that I'm doing so well and how I am doing a lot of great things.

I then follow up asking if she wants to catch up and hang out sometime soon and that I was going to be out of town this Friday. She said she would like to, and proceeded to give me her schedule, and she suggested that we have dinner sometime after work. I then told her I'd text her when I get back from out of town. She followed up with "Sweet. Sounds good!" Meaning that she sounded very interested, hence telling me her schedule and even suggesting an activity.

Well, last night I texted her saying "Hey, I'm back from [Sate]. How was your weekend?" I was planning on following it up with a plan sometime this week. She said this morning "I'm doing good. How was Colorado?! Are you down to get dinner tonight?"

I have no idea what to say. I left my wallet on the drat plane. If I tell her the truth she will either think I am a cheap gently caress, or I am a loser who accidentally loses poo poo. I have no idea what to do and I just want to crawl into a hole and die.

TL:DR; Friend wants to have dinner tonight. I lost my wallet with my bank card and money. I'll get it figured out Wednesday or Thursday. Can't do nothing now. HELP!! I AM FREAKING OUT!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Good Home Ec included a mixture of actual no fooling financial advice since a wife would be balancing the family expenditures as well as ye olde lyfhakes

Wives don't do this any more. No one does this any more. There's no point in doing this any more. The average couple is in up to their rear end in student debt and might as well be in more debt from buying stupid garbage they don't need so they are forever beholden to their credit lords. grandpa

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ouhei posted:

So he figured they should get married because they have conservative parents, but his parents didn't want them to get married? It's always so confusing when people make such stupid loving decisions with their lives.

I 100% unironically blame movies and television for this, much like the Im keeping my baby for no goddamn concievable reason.

When everything you consume has this, its drat hard to not assume its what youre supposed to do.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Maximum dweebage

I [27/M] left my wallet on the plane now I have to blow off the girl I REALLY like [25/F]. HELP ME!!

But you are a loser who loses poo poo????

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

I 100% unironically blame movies and television for this, much like the Im keeping my baby for no goddamn concievable reason.

When everything you consume has this, its drat hard to not assume its what youre supposed to do.

are u suggesting "knocked up" is a poo poo garbage movie for trash fire losers, barudak?!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Pick posted:

Wives don't do this any more. No one does this any more. There's no point in doing this any more. The average couple is in up to their rear end in student debt and might as well be in more debt from buying stupid garbage they don't need so they are forever beholden to their credit lords. grandpa

My wife does most of the shopping during the day while I'm at work. I swipe my card maybe three times a week. As a result, she keeps an eye on the finances and handles what bills get paid and when. Shes the best wife and an amazing mother to our little girl, too.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Barudak posted:

It makes me feel a year older every time I say it, but low-grade TV and film really does warp the loving brain of youth. I bet children would act less like characterizations all the time if their media wasn't stuffed full of them.

The idea of someone being influenced by the idea that Reality TV is how real humans act sends a cold chill down my spine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

My spouse and I had our "meet cute" because I was the only person who wanted to walk them through retirement planning in the US.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My [21 M] girlfriend [20 F] was insulted by some guy she knows, how do I deal with him?

quote:

Last week my girlfriend stopped at her friends place and was talking to some guy she had recently befriended throughout the night. Even though she says that she brought up our relationship to him he went in to kiss her at one point in the night and she rejected him. After a couple of days, she bumped into him and he insulted her in front of all of his friends. Both times I wasn't there and couldn't immediately react but how should I go about dealing with this guy? Even though he did make a move on her I'm not looking to start a fight with this guy since we live in a small town and we have mutual friends. Would a text calling him out suffice or should I look to talk with him in person?
tl;dr: Guy hit on and insulted my girlfriend when I wasn't around, not sure how to deal with him.

The comments all mirror my first thought from just the title

quote:

unless you wont to come across as an immature hot head, dont do anything.

quote:

...you don't? Why on earth do you think this has anything to do with you? You don't need to "call him out" or talk to him. If it happens again, your girlfriend can tell him "Look, that's not ok for you to say to me". Both of you should avoid contact with him, since he's obviously a jerk. You don't need to get involved in someone else's conflict. Let your girlfriend handle herself.

quote:

You don't? I'd just drop it. If it's a reoccurring thing and your girlfriend needs help I'm sure she will vocalize this to you.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

What are you sad about, its one, possibly even 2 less men in the world!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheScott2K posted:

My wife does most of the shopping during the day while I'm at work. I swipe my card maybe three times a week. As a result, she keeps an eye on the finances and handles what bills get paid and when. Shes the best wife and an amazing mother to our little girl, too.

I take very close care of my money, and for this reason I was referred to by an unbecoming nickname for a while, to brand me for my stinginess and care. Well who's laughing now?? :supaburn:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

are u suggesting "knocked up" is a poo poo garbage movie for trash fire losers, barudak?!

I'm frankly amazed that movie even brought up the concept of abortion.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

I dont think Im being so soft spoken about it to be construed as a suggestion, no.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

WampaLord posted:

I'm frankly amazed that movie even brought up the concept of abortion.

It made drat sure to make it clear that abortion is bad and for bad people.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

I take very close care of my money, and for this reason I was referred to by an unbecoming nickname for a while, to brand me for my stinginess and care. Well who's laughing now?? :supaburn:

What's the nickname

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
My (18 M) girlfriend (18 F) of 3 years is most likely going to be roommates with a dude that has romantic feelings for her

quote:

u/thegraymaninthmiddle

Would it be wrong of me to message him before hand about boundaries and stuff? I trust my girlfriend and don't think she'll cheat on me but I can't help but get nervous about this. It doesn't help that she's told me she doesn't think he has feelings for her, but I think she knows. She's kind of the only friend he has.

Is it lovely of me to be worrying about this? Or am I an idiot for being ok with it at all?

She has other people sharing the same apartment, one of which I know pretty well and am on good terms with, but they both refuse to share a room. Should I try talking to them about this? I don't want them to tell her though and make it seem like I totally don't trust her.

Tl;Dr Is this a totally unfair situation for me? Or am I being distrustful and unecessary to worry about it?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

I dont think Im being so soft spoken about it to be construed as a suggestion, no.

Pregnancy is for trapping a woman out of your league into being your forever slave, however it is still annoying because she wants you to be responsible pssssch :rolleyes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

What's the nickname

It's anti-Semitic so no.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Related: gently caress You, Juno.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I actually like both those movies but ok

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Being a DAD is a real BUMMER because sometimes your supermodel gets on your case about doing dangerous things?! UGHHHH and then you have to compromise by only doing those things with your bros when you leave her alone and then lying to her about it later.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pick posted:

It's anti-Semitic so no.

Did the kids tease you and call you Shylock?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

It's anti-Semitic so no.

You need better friends, friend

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
One day when I trick a woman into a legally binding covenant and get her to begrudging bear my offspring, I will be the "fun dad" and she can do the other stuff.

Oh what a happy family we'll be.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

I can't figure out if people are less functionally literate now or if the internet is just exposing a lot of people's fragile grasp on the written language that has always existed.

When you fish in the lovely end of the pond, you're going to catch the lovely fish.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I blame F.R.I.E.N.D.S. for why people are so comfortable being such horrible friends.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My (18 M) girlfriend (18 F) of 3 years is most likely going to be roommates with a dude that has romantic feelings for her

She is going to gently caress his brains out, preemptively start working out and getting new hobbies so youll be ready to hit the dating market once its over.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Barudak posted:

She is going to gently caress his brains out, preemptively start working out and getting new hobbies so youll be ready to hit the dating market once its over.

Now let's not make assumptions, he says she's his only friend and doesn't reciprocate the feelings so maybe the roommate will just kill her in an incel rage

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Barudak posted:

quote:

la_bromita• 3h
Messaging him first about boundaries will potentially come across as jealous and controlling, like you can't let your girlfriend speak for herself. A boundary that you set against this roommate is really only enforceable by the action of your girlfriend. You can't enforce it yourself, and any attempt you make will be received as a threat by the roommate and your girlfriend.

I encourage you to deconstruct your feelings around this issue. Here are some thoughts:

Perhaps this roommate has feelings for your girlfriend. So? Does that inherently present a threat to your relationship? Does that mean that she will leave you for him? Are you feeling afraid that he will communicate those feelings to her? Are you feeling jealous that she will be living with him and not you?

Worst case: what if she does end up leaving you for him? What can you do right now to prevent that outcome? Will talking to the roommate and attempting to set boundaries prevent that? How would your girlfriend feel about that? What if there is nothing you can do, and her leaving you is how this ends regardless of what you do?

Consider that perhaps a better strategy is being the best boyfriend you can be. Consider that her living with this person presents no inherent threat and causes no damage to your relationship, and so any concern you have about it exists only within the realm of your anxiety about the outcome. Is it possible that your anxiety over this potential outcome will create what you fear?

TL;DR: relax :)

quote:

thegraymaninthmiddle • 2h
Dude, thanks so much. I needed to hear this. Thanks for giving me some level headed advice that offers more than RED FLAG RED FLAG, GET THE HELL OUT!

quote:

la_bromita• 2h
Thanks for saying so!! :) I really hope this turns out well! It sounds like she really matters to you.

quote:

thegraymaninthmiddle• 2h
She does. Our relationship has been in a rocky place and we've recently started really being together again and it's been feeling more normal and fun than it has in so long. I'm excited about everything.

And you're right, all this paranoia only serves to hurt that bond we've started rebuilding as of late.

And she did ask me if I was ok with it and I said yes, as long as she was willing to keep some boundaries with him and she said she was. Acting on this fear that she's hiding all this poo poo from me is just unhealthy for both of us and will only hurt our relationship.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cant move in with my boyfriend of 3 years, but can move in with a different dude who wants to jump my bones is odd, I feel like we need more details.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
They are both 18, they have been dating since they were 15.

The relationship is not going to last and probably not much longer if they have been in a rocky place, she is moving in with another guy and he has trust issues.

Bang her while you can still get an easy lay but accept that it's over.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Three Olives posted:

accept that it's over.

feel like this could be said to anyone who just turned 18 and has been in a HS relationship tbh

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Cant move in with my boyfriend of 3 years, but can move in with a different dude who wants to jump my bones is odd, I feel like we need more details.

Considering their ages it sounds like highschool relationship where she went to a different college than him, so it's doomed regardless of how obvious she makes it.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I know he isn't cheating, but I can't help feeling he is hiding things from me.

quote:

My significant other and I have been together for over 4 years now, and throughout our whole relationship we have loved and admired each other to the full extent. We still act like giddy teenagers in love. We have a huge age difference and neither of us notice it...we just honestly love each other, and i'm convinced the age gap has even helped us stay interested.(I know that sounds cheesy).

I am 25 and my man is 43. He is extremely handsome, smart, funny, strong, etc etc etc. And he is a successful business man. However, my family hates him and at one point convinced me he was an awful person (near the beginning of the relationship) because they didn't like or approve of the age gap. I soon found out none of what they were saying to me was truthful, and majority was way over-exaggerated out of worry. I did the snooping myself to come to this conclusion, with no help from my boyfriend or family.
I have never caught him lying/cheating. The only issues he has is anger, but would never be violent towards me, and what man doesn't have anger issues right?

However, no matter if it's been 2 months or 4 years there is part of me that doesn't want to believe he is telling me everything about his life...I don't know why, but I keep wanting to catch him in this big lie. I don't know if it is because of my family's input early on in our relationship, or just me being overly-cautious of my heart. Either way I can't ignore it anymore, but I don't know what to do without feeling like an OAG(Overly Attached Girlfriend).

There are a things about him that I find hard to believe: 1. He states that he sometimes helps out with FBI/GOV. things...because of his shotokan skills. I know he has amazing shotokan skills as I have seen them, and he is a 10dan master black belt...which is crazy. He trained his whole life though practically. He can also speak arabic, farsi, urdu, and hindi. So it's not impossible that he is involved in government things, but I can't help but be suspicious when he is gone for days at a time or over-night.

He told me at one point he had gotten a yacht, and then also told me at one point he got a suuuuuuuuuper expensive car, however I never saw either of these in real life. The car is apparently over-seas because that is where it was assembled and it wasn't matching up with the American regulations of blah blah blah, and the yacht he sold for reasons I'd rather not go into because it was my fault he didn't want to keep it.

I KNOW he is not cheating on me for a fact..because he is CONSTANTLY in contact with me, and if I look through his phone there is never anything that points towards another woman. It is all just business stuff. He always answers my calls too, and there is always the way he looks at me...

Reddit please help me understand why I have this suspicion all the time. It's almost like he's too good to be true because he's perfect for me, but I don't want to believe it...I want to find something hugely wrong with him. WHY? Do you think my gut instinct is right and maybe there is something he isn't telling me/something he is lying to me about? What should I do about this? Should I look into technology to snoop his phone, etc? Just to calm my nerves?

Tl;Dr- Been with bf four years. Part of me is still very suspicious that he is too good to be true. Don't know what to do to kill the suspicion.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

feel like this could be said to anyone who just turned 18 and has been in a HS relationship tbh

Personally I don't have high hopes for anyone that gets married before the age of say 30.

One of my favorite bits of schadenfreude is Say Yes To The Dress. I mean sure it is the awful dresses but also in like 5 minutes you can tell that half the marriages are already over because the bride is more interested in acting like a shrill entitled bitch princess that does give a poo poo about anything but how special she is while she blows a fortune of her futures husband's money on a dress she is going to wear exactly once because she "gets whatever she wants".

One episode had a woman literally sobbing because her fiance wouldn't let her buy two wedding dresses, two, that were thousands of dollars over budget. Dude, RUN! Do not marry this insane woman who wants to spend as much on a dress for one party as a Kia.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

dudeness posted:

I know he isn't cheating, but I can't help feeling he is hiding things from me.

I think "what man doesn't have anger issues?" is maybe one of the most telling sentences possible for a r/relationships post