Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Saint Freak posted:

was i a shithead in highschool? hmm let me think
* Weighed 60 pounds
* Best friend was a bear (long story)
* Wore a trash can to school every day
* Had the words "no homo" instead of a mouth

lol christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
At this point I'm half expecting to come into this thread and see a post saying "Finished the game! It was great, but it sucked that I didn't have a TV in my room so there were some days I couldn't watch it. And what's with these DVDs people keep talking about?"

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

NRVNQSR posted:

At this point I'm half expecting to come into this thread and see a post saying "Finished the game! It was great, but it sucked that I didn't have a TV in my room so there were some days I couldn't watch it. And what's with these DVDs people keep talking about?"

People talk about "fusion", what's that about? Is there a Dragon Ball show on the Leblanc TV one of the days? I just collected demons by talking to them and used those and it seemed to be fine

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think there is a point in the game where you think the loop has been pretty much established so you just fast travel everywhere for confidant stuff and you stop poking around. I know that I had to ask here to find the video game console and I never even drank a smoothie or whatever it is

slev
Apr 6, 2009

So if you go into the bathroom at Leblanc you take Morgana with you because

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think there is a point in the game where you think the loop has been pretty much established so you just fast travel everywhere for confidant stuff and you stop poking around. I know that I had to ask here to find the video game console and I never even drank a smoothie or whatever it is

I'm quite sure a large portion of people will never train at the Gym or know that you can go into the Maid Cafe and get charm etc. The fast travel is so easy and simple it was rare that I actually thought about going to some of those other places.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I like walking around and talking to all the NPCs and seeing how they're getting on, and I still had no idea the maid café or gym were visitable locations

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The first day you could wander around Shibuya I went to the gym and Morgana stopped me, saying, "Why would you pay money to exercise here" and I was all, gently caress you Morgana, but then I never saw that place again except in S.Links so he was right

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The first day you could wander around Shibuya I went to the gym and Morgana stopped me, saying, "Why would you pay money to exercise here" and I was all, gently caress you Morgana, but then I never saw that place again except in S.Links so he was right

After you go there with Ryuji, you can train there for a bit of money and it raises your max HP and SP. Moreso if you bring some protein from the store next to the cinema with you. Even moreso if you bring the wet protein they only sell on rainy days.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

slev posted:

He's a cat; you're saving him some time by just bringing him.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

slev posted:

Cats always want to follow their humans into the bathroom. Morgana may deny it but he's a cat through and through :colbert:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

So, uh, it looks like Makoto's swimsuit outfit is kind of bugged in battle. When you use her persona, she basically goes all pre-release SFV Chun-Li.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Grey Fox posted:

So, uh, it looks like Makoto's swimsuit outfit is kind of bugged in battle. When you use her persona, she basically goes all pre-release SFV Chun-Li.

Assumedly a feature, not a bug

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
http://i.imgur.com/apXJjpW.gifv

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Well that was faster than I expected.

edit: it's funnier when she's casting something on the whole group because she dabs/stands like a statue for a good 5-6 seconds and it's like she's smuggling water balloons.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Instant Grat posted:

I like walking around and talking to all the NPCs and seeing how they're getting on, and I still had no idea the maid café or gym were visitable locations

To be fair with the gym, you can't go inside until you GO INSIDE it for Ryujin and MAYBE Ann's social links.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
All of the English dub voices are fine except for Shinya. He is the loving WORST.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, I have no idea what happened there. There are even some other little kids voiced in Shinya's rank 10 event and all of them sound better than him. Just have whoever voiced one of those kids voice Shinya.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm curious about Miwa's voice too, because that's not at all what I was expecting for a sickly child.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
barbara goodson voices shinya because he looks like noata from FLCL. Its just been 15 years and she cant do the voice as good anymore : (

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm curious about Miwa's voice too, because that's not at all what I was expecting for a sickly child.

That kid ain't Miwa but yeah I agree

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

barbara goodson voices shinya because he looks like noata from FLCL. Its just been 15 years and she cant do the voice as good anymore : (

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Holy gently caress. It is her.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Mordiceius posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Holy gently caress. It is her.

I'm pretty sure she's also the voice of those other kids, so the Rank 10 scene is just Goodson having multiple conversations with herself.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

TheLoser posted:

I'm pretty sure she's also the voice of those other kids, so the Rank 10 scene is just Goodson having multiple conversations with herself.

It's unfortunate that she kinda super sucks in her P5 role.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The voice acting on that Ose you fight to start his link is something, alright.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't get why they couldn't just get Karen Strassman to do the Nanako voice again because I'm pretty sure she does a bunch of random voices in this game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I have no idea what happened there. There are even some other little kids voiced in Shinya's rank 10 event and all of them sound better than him. Just have whoever voiced one of those kids voice Shinya.

They did. Barbara Goodson voices all of the kids in Shinya's link and it's super obvious.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

Well that was faster than I expected.

edit: it's funnier when she's casting something on the whole group because she dabs/stands like a statue for a good 5-6 seconds and it's like she's smuggling water balloons.

Team Mom making sure everybody has water for the 4th Palace.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

dragon_pamcake posted:

Team Mom making sure everybody has water for the 4th Palace.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

They did. Barbara Goodson voices all of the kids in Shinya's link and it's super obvious.

Why was she so especially bad at Shinya then?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Harrow posted:

I have no idea why they told the VA to go even more Laharl with it.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I just finished Dungeon 4....is there anywhere in Mementos that I can get the stuff to make an Eternal Lockpick yet?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Anzu and Ganesha drop Aluminum Sheets, Anubis drops Liquid Mercury. If you've already closed the fourth dungeon, you can encounter them in the newly opened sections of Mementos that contains fourth-dungeon monsters.

edit: Specifically, Anubis is on floors 10 & 11 of "Akzeriyyuth".

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Kay Kessler posted:

The voice acting on that Ose you fight to start his link is something, alright.

That's the best performance in the series.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Wait, she does? :eyepop:

Then what the hell were they having her do with Shinya's voice, then? The other kids sounded fine.

Capsaicin posted:

I just finished Dungeon 4....is there anywhere in Mementos that I can get the stuff to make an Eternal Lockpick yet?

The Eternal Lockpick really isn't worth the effort, in my opinion. You should be taking time to craft infiltration tools just to increase your Proficiency, and by the time you do that a few times you're going to have more lockpicks than you should ever really need. Plus, it doesn't carry over to NG+, so it's not even an investment in future convenience.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That trophy though

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Harrow posted:

The Eternal Lockpick really isn't worth the effort, in my opinion. You should be taking time to craft infiltration tools just to increase your Proficiency, and by the time you do that a few times you're going to have more lockpicks than you should ever really need. Plus, it doesn't carry over to NG+, so it's not even an investment in future convenience.

The only reason to make the eternal lockpick is for the "make all thief tools" cheevo. You'll have more than enough lockpicks after like the first or maybe second palace.

Also for anyone who played the Japanese version or with Japanese voices, what kind of accent did they give that Ose in Shinya's link?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I wish someone had told me about the rank 10 Temperance bonus about three game months ago so I could have gotten more use out of it :saddowns: Thankfully I have made it a habit of ploughing through every palace in one or two days and doing all my available requests in one run of Mementos so I didn't actually lose many nights.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

JackDarko posted:

I trust this thread's judgement greatly. Is Tales of Berseria worth it? I enjoyed Tales of Symphonia greatly. Would I enjoy Yakuza Zero if I've never played a Yakuza game before? The gameplay seems stiff.

EDIT: I'm trying to fill the abyss that beating Persona 5 has left behind.

Late on this, but as someone who's never played a Yakuza game before playing Yakuza 0, play Yakuza 0. It's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

SpazmasterX posted:

I wish someone had told me about the rank 10 Temperance bonus about three game months ago so I could have gotten more use out of it :saddowns: Thankfully I have made it a habit of ploughing through every palace in one or two days and doing all my available requests in one run of Mementos so I didn't actually lose many nights.

It ended up saving me probably a weeks worth of nights by the end of the game, it was definitely handy the last few times where I had to keep popping into mementos because one more S-link would get to 8 finally etc.