Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
God drat that sheep is shifty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Of course its shifty, it is an acrylic sheep.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

That70sHeidi posted:

Can't you cut a little of the mesh off around the edges and iron it on a hankie or sock to see if it sticks?

Also, considering that the girls who grew up with Lisa Frank stuff in the 80s now have kids of thir own, it seems like a sure seller to put on kids clothes.

I'm dumb, yes this is the way to go. Thank you.

I dunno what girl clothing I would put one of these on, they're like 10" x 8". Most tops and stuff wouldn't be big enough. Especially since kids stop wearing "uncool" poo poo so early. I guess a jacket would work there, too. Seems like the actual kids who loved Lisa Frank and never got over it would be a better demographic but again, I thought these were tiny patches. I was going to sell them as-is. I don't mind putting in work, I just don't know the markets that well.

The Snoo posted:

I was thinking sewing each one kinda like this (black thread instead of orange tho):

but I would rather die than do that lol

Yeah gently caress that. Plus, if I just did the outside, it wouldn't be anchored in the middle. I'd have to anchor it all over. Heck with that.

cyberia posted:

I ordered some makeup brushes from AliExpress on 29th March (during the big sale event) and they're the only thing that hasn't arrived from the stuff I ordered around that time. The tracking info (through EMS) says 'in transit' but hasn't updated since 30th March. So, goon hivemind, how much longer should I wait until I open a dispute saying I never got my stuff?

Which shipping method did you use? Sometimes "in transit" is the last update, period, and some of the slower methods can take two months, easily.

Figure out if you're still within the stated delivery timeframe. If you are, you gotta wait til that passes, or until the purchase protection is almost over, whichever is first. Then raise hell.

Carbon Thief posted:

Do you need to open a dispute separately for every item in an order? I ordered 5 things from the same seller on Feb. 3 and none of them have arrived. They extended the delivery date by 30 days, but it's past that new date now.

You can just click the check box for the whole order, which automatically selects the check boxes for all the items. It's up to you if you want to extend it again or dispute.

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Surprisingly good quality patches just arrived (thanks thread!), now to see how many of my old work-shirts I can adorn until I get a Stern Talking To.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

So my first tree is fully grown. Now what? It has a red package on it counting down from 72 hours but I can't click on it or anything. Don't I get some sort of prize? How do I redeem it?

You gotta tap the little red envelope thing hanging off the end.of the growth bar. Then your reward will popup. If it says you got zero coins, check your coupons.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Duh Ugh posted:

You gotta tap the little red envelope thing hanging off the end.of the growth bar. Then your reward will popup. If it says you got zero coins, check your coupons.

Yeah it doesn't do anything. Nothing is responding to touch on the page. Stuff is moving, but nothing is responding to touch. What a colossal waste of time.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Ten or so days ago I ordered a bunch of beauty stuff from Aliexpress, and they started trickling in on Friday. A little more than a week to get to The Netherlands is p drat good, considering it takes about two weeks when my mom sends me stuff from the US.

First up -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bra...2807435496.html

They were a euro less when I ordered them. They seem okay, the handles are pretty cheap plastic, as are the metal fixings, but what do you expect for 4 funbux? They are cute. The bristles are more long and floppy than other brushes I own, esp on the larger brushes, but they worked just fine for putting on my various powders.They had a bit of a factory smell on them, nothing too offensive though, and it washed out when I cleaned them.

Secondly, however-

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bra...2727368394.html

These are pretty much the tits. I've never bought oval brushes before because they're pretty expensive compared to regular ones, but at this price I thought I'd try em out. There is a good density to the bristles and they worked great-way better than a beauty blender for BB cream-and they didn't even smell at all.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I may need to buy this.

eig
Oct 16, 2008

How dare you post screenshot and not a link to that glorious shirt.

Then again.. not that hard to find: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170507131838&SearchText=danny+devito+nacho

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Whelp, I know what everyone in the office is getting for Chrismahanukwanzika this year:

1 x cute animal snails correction tape material escolar kawaii stationery office school supplies papelaria 6M
http://s.aliexpress.com/QRB7F3u6

Edit for fat thumbs.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I'm glad this is USD45 otherwise I would have already ordered one and I'm not sure how I would explain a Limp Bizkit shower curtain to my housemates

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yeah nobody wants to hear that you are pissing on the shower curtain.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Cat painting quilting squares. There's something for everyone in this world.

Hug in a Can fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 9, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I ordered this for my friend for his birthday lol.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top...2797993537.html

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

This slime has the greatest product photo descriptions I've ever seen

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

bog pixie posted:

This slime has the greatest product photo descriptions I've ever seen

terrible!!!

crazy girl!!!

Yes, yes you are :allears:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ROBUST DEER TOOLS CO.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Have You ever tried to hold down a buck deer down with one hand and extract his teeth with the other ✋? It takes a robust tool.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

well... i don't know what i expected other than ejaculating dildos (from a hand-controlled squeeze pump) when i searched for "cum."

edit: this is a fun shirt, though:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cum...a9-0f4b254a41ee

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I bought slime from china once.

It made my hands itch a whole lot and it turned red and rashy in seconds.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cum belongs in side, not in your hands silly.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Synthbuttrange posted:

I bought slime from china once.

It made my hands itch a whole lot and it turned red and rashy in seconds.

joke the friend

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I accidentally deleted this bookmark and missed you guys! Hi friends!

Seed report:
Blue strawberries are coming in nicely. Tit gourd seeds may be duds. Mystery seeds are coming in, still don't know what they are. Checking my order history is cheating. :colbert:

This is my bathroom storage in new apartment. These baskets are from Ali Express:

And I got one of those triangular iridescent bags for a friend for a graduation gift and she is delighted to be a newly fledged social worker with pink and purple hair and a sparkly bag. :3:

Gotta catch up on this thread and make some big (less than $20) purchases!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Why is it the things you want the most show up last, and the things you're relatively "eh" about show up super fast

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Why is it the things you want the most show up last, and the things you're relatively "eh" about show up super fast

Cognitive dissonance?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It's been the opposite for me, the only thing I've been "eh" about was some incense holder that I didn't really need because I have a thing to use for incense already. It's been over a month and it's the only thing I never got, and it was like 2 bucks or less.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

WrenP-Complete posted:

Cognitive dissonance?

How?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Maybe as you wait for the thing, you want it more and more, so the longer you wait, the more you want it. (Not a totally serious answer to not a totally serious question, I thought)

Oh, here's the listing for the baskets:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Col...2782492352.html

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 9, 2017

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

So would you actually quilt with these or spray mount them to a canvas or into a cheap frame and sell on Etsy? I'd probably do the latter, that's cheap for a decent markup.

Also, I hav been waiting for a specific color of paper to come for so long that I've actually finished th project that I wanted to use it in and will hav to ordr MORE Ali stuff to work it into future projects whn it does finally show. :(

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

That70sHeidi posted:

So would you actually quilt with these or spray mount them to a canvas or into a cheap frame and sell on Etsy? I'd probably do the latter, that's cheap for a decent markup.

Also, I hav been waiting for a specific color of paper to come for so long that I've actually finished th project that I wanted to use it in and will hav to ordr MORE Ali stuff to work it into future projects whn it does finally show. :(

I assumed "quilt with them" but dang! I love that business acumen! Worth a try, tbh!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

WrenP-Complete posted:

Maybe as you wait for the thing, you want it more and more, so the longer you wait, the more you want it. (Not a totally serious answer to not a totally serious question, I thought)

Oh, here's the listing for the baskets:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Col...2782492352.html

Oh no I meant "in order of original desire when ordered," which is why I was confused

I was just expecting answers like"impatience" or "that's how the universe is," "cognitive dissonance" kinda threw me lol

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Got both my kawaii Ultraman fridge magnets and my magnetic putty in the mail today.

Trip report on the putty: It's a little smaller than I expected (as are most things on ali) but it's still decent sized, about the same amount of putty you'd get in a silly putty egg. It's a bit stickier than silly putty, not quite as bad as like, used chewing gum however (it sticks to itself better than most surfaces I quickly discovered, probably due to magnetism). There's not really any odd smell to it surprisingly. I suspect this is stuff they normally ship out to like science toy stores or whatever, it even has a brand on the jar, "Mark's Thinking Putty" with a mad scientist cartoon. The colors are pretty too. The putty itself was in a plastic baggy inside the metal jar (and stuck to the lid when I opened it!) and is definitely magnetic. It came with a small (like, a cubic centimeter) magnet brick that is ultra powerful. It tried to attach itself to something INSIDE my desk while sitting on top of it. I made the mistake early on of just setting the magnet on top of the putty in the tin, and before my eyes it sunk right in as it grabbed the putty around it magnetically. It took mere seconds to be completely encased. There was only one plastic eyeball in the tin (the page shows two) but those were not the important part. I got the magenta/purple one for myself and the green one for my son who comes and stays with me in the summer in less than a month. I haven't opened his. And no, I haven't tasted it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4co...2799944252.html

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Oh no I meant "in order of original desire when ordered," which is why I was confused

I was just expecting answers like"impatience" or "that's how the universe is," "cognitive dissonance" kinda threw me lol

Cognitive dissonance probably isn't the right term, but there's something like confirmation bias there. Chances are the order the objects the arrive in is more or less random, but because you're anticipating some items any delay for those is more noticeable. And vice versa, the disappointment is exaggerated when it's not the item you wanted and your brain lets those memories form the basis for a pattern that isn't there.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Cognitive dissonance probably isn't the right term, but there's something like confirmation bias there. Chances are the order the objects the arrive in is more or less random, but because you're anticipating some items any delay for those is more noticeable. And vice versa, the disappointment is exaggerated when it's not the item you wanted and your brain lets those memories form the basis for a pattern that isn't there.

Yeah, you are right. I had written confirmation bias first, and then thought cognitive dissonance might be a more approachable (and silly) idea.

:glomp:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

https://meian.aliexpress.com/store/2343108

Stop giving me random coupons, aliexpress, they're scary...

Edit: :nws: Was joking with friend and discovered that the search "penis mask" gives you some horrific executioners mask type things. This has to be my favourite for pictures. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-Grade-100-Latex-2017-Newest-latex-sex-dick-face-head-mask-halloween-penis-masks-party/32800124473.html

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 9, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Someone in the Awful Kickstarter thread linked to earbuds with glowing wires that are being sold at a markup through Kickstarter and I just bought a pair of the super cheap >$2 kind , because getting to live out the lie-action parts of the Money for Nothing video is worth at least that. :toot:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Guy Mann posted:

Someone in the Awful Kickstarter thread linked to earbuds with glowing wires that are being sold at a markup through Kickstarter and I just bought a pair of the super cheap >$2 kind , because getting to live out the lie-action parts of the Money for Nothing video is worth at least that. :toot:

Got a link?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Snowy posted:

Got a link?

Tears In A Vial posted:

These USD179 glow in the dark headphones are just going to be some USD6 headphones from AliExpress, right?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1279925158/spark-headphones?ref=37qlqd

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vis...2e-529b275237d6

The one I got is a different cheaper model, it doesn't pulse in time with your music but it also doesn't have a separate battery you have to reacharge.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ste...2774277843.html

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

PokeJoe posted:

ROBUST DEER TOOLS CO.

I refuse to believe it is not secretly associated with this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

The one I got is a different cheaper model, it doesn't pulse in time with your music but it also doesn't have a separate battery you have to reacharge.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ste...2774277843.html

Those just glow in the dark, FYI. And the zipper makes them heavy so they fall out ofy ears all the time. Sound quality is non-existent, too.

So, A++ product good seller