Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Pick posted:

Then why do you post here? I'm trying to substitute for a love my parents were never able to express towards me, what's your excuse :colbert:

I have ADHD and a job that gives me the time to peruse the poo poo posting, what about you, hmmmm?

I'm joking, you've been knocking out of the park lately 🤗

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

Wow go gently caress your self I spent a lot of time at my desk coming up with that rhyme instead of doing my job.

A for effort

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
If Pick was serious, the answer would be, "when you self-select relationships on the basis of [factors] over genuine, unforced compatibility, friendship, and attraction you have doomed them to emotional turmoil and failure from the outset. This is because [factors] are a flawed proxy for self-esteem and self actualization - your full self - and no relationship can ever truly flourish if only part of a person is participating. Two half-flawed people don't make a whole - two whole people make a healthy relationship.

Some introspection and reflection will do you some good."

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
If anyone talks poo poo about cats I will kick their rear end. My sweet baby Drew is a good boy.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Pick should post a thread in E/N. Or Reddit.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

oh I thought you were fully aware of what happened (he's a misanthrope that spent all day coming up with ways to be dismissive of people) and just posting funny stories

maybe try a dog. They're a lot like people, except a hungry one won't bite you for feeding it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

blarzgh posted:

If Pick was serious, the answer would be, "when you self-select relationships on the basis of [factors] over genuine, unforced compatibility, friendship, and attraction you have doomed them to emotional turmoil and failure from the outset. This is because [factors] are a flawed proxy for self-esteem and self actualization - your full self - and no relationship can ever truly flourish if only part of a person is participating. Two half-flawed people don't make a whole - two whole people make a healthy relationship.

Some introspection and reflection will do you some good."

In all seriousness, half of it is irrelevant because he and I are done with each other. The other half is that it was a good experience because it basically taught me a lot about myself and how I continually beat my head over unwinnable scenarios over and over because I have mental problems owing to my upbringing. The only way forward is to try to be a person and not a storybook character or god forbid a martyr.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Pick posted:

In all seriousness, half of it is irrelevant because he and I are done with each other. The other half is that it was a good experience because it basically taught me a lot about myself and how I continually beat my head over unwinnable scenarios over and over because I have mental problems owing to my upbringing. The only way forward is to try to be a person and not a storybook character or god forbid a martyr.

Good on you.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Pick posted:

Good on you Pick.

Also isn't one of your parents some flavor of autist? I can see how that would incredibly negatively influence someone going forward.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
If you only ever know conditional love, the concept of unconditional love seems like something to test and push and try to break. To check and see if its actually conditional.

Love can be unconditional; a relationship can't.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blue Train posted:

A for effort

Well I appreciate it. I can't take back the "go gently caress your self" though or I will appear weak in the eyes of my crew.

You understand, of course.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My (26/M) girlfriend's (23/F) lovebird, who she lets eat off our plates and doesn't keep in a cage, is ruining our relationship.

quote:

Oh how I wish this post were a joke.
My girlfriend owns the lovebird from hell. I swear to god, he's evil. She adopted him a year ago and since he was handfed and she got him as a baby he attached to her right away. She never bothered shutting the door to his cage so the thing essentially flies around the house free range. At first I just shrugged it off, but then she moved in with me and the bird has been getting somewhat crazier. First, he began eating off our plates. He doesn't care what kind of food it is, he will literally step onto your plate and start eating your food. My gf thinks this is cute and gets upset if I swat him off. This happens every meal time.
Next, he bites me constantly. I can't sit next to my gf without this bird coming to attack me. He lunges at me and bites my hand, face, neck, whatever. It's even worse if we're trying to be intimate and the bird is screaming and and trying to fly at me and bite me. Gf thinks it's cute that he's "protecting her". Bullshit, it hurts.
Lastly, he shits everywhere. On my clothes, on my books, on the floor, in the kitchen....you name it, it's there. He shreds papers and books and ruins them while scattering paper everywhere. It's pissing me off to no loving end. If I shove him in his cage she freaks out and just lets him back out. We had a huge blow up about this and she told me that the bird is part of her and that I need to respect him as such (what??).
It's a BIRD. It's not a cat or a dog. I'm honestly getting to my wits end and I almost want to ask her to move out except I know it would doom our relationship. I came home today and left tortillas out on the kitchen counter only to come back and find this drat bird sitting on them and chewing one to shreds.
This is the straw that led me to this sub. I'm about ready to just open a window. Does anyone have any advice? Does it really need to come down to being me or the bird?!
TL;DR: Gf's lovebird is a goddamn nightmare that's ruining our relationship.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Pick this is your future, don't fight it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bamabalacha posted:

Good on you Pick.

Also isn't one of your parents some flavor of autist? I can see how that would incredibly negatively influence someone going forward.

Yep, my dad, and in fact he was way too much like my dad, to the degree that at a certain point it started to make me feel gross and weird anyway.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

If we could all be so lucky.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

blarzgh posted:

If you only ever know conditional love, the concept of unconditional love seems like something to test and push and try to break. To check and see if its actually conditional.

Love can be unconditional; a relationship can't.

all love is conditional tho

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Nazzadan posted:

My (26/M) girlfriend's (23/F) lovebird, who she lets eat off our plates and doesn't keep in a cage, is ruining our relationship.

Sounds like it's time for: Bird, it's what's for dinner.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nazzadan posted:

Sorry Tendai and HIAC, but birds are... terrible pets...

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Captain Yossarian posted:

If anyone talks poo poo about cats I will kick their rear end. My sweet baby Drew is a good boy.

My cat's pretty much like a dog in the friendliness factor.
She's a good cat.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nazzadan posted:

I would be reenacting the bird scene from nightmare on elm street 2 after five minutes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

she looks happy and that cat is awesome

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
pick how old are you anyway

ive read almost this entire thread from the beginning and im trying to figure out if you're just old enough that you've had time to accidentally run into weird people or if youve just been around weird broken people since you were born, you're either 26 or 40 and i cant tell

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Thumbtacks posted:

youve just been around weird broken people since you were born, you're either 26 or 40 and i cant tell

portland massively accelerates this from what I understand tbf

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Pick is gonna end up like the last few pages of Neverwhere, surrounded by normies and discontent, so she runs off into the Fairy Underground and hooks up with a troll that only speaks in rhyming couplets. they spend their days under a bridge, harassing wayward goats, happy and handfasted as gently caress.

edit- y'all judge but at least she's open about being broken. if y'all shitflingers could get your cack-hands of your dick's keyboard for half a loving second you might realize the howling void inside you can only be silenced by love and empathy, and loving huge amounts of weed.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Pick if this is what your twenties are like then you're not gonna like your thirties because people just get progressively more petty and autistic with age.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pick is a treasure and her stories of awkward men hiding under trucks to not have sex are joyful.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

Like isn't the dream of deeply embittered strange-looking shy guys that an attractive, well-mannered, fiscally responsible blonde with a big heart and even bigger boobs shows up and is endlessly patient and supportive and loving and that he learns to love again?? Why was he just a dick instead?

I felt like my patience and love was meant for greater things than just getting along with someone who was doing fine anyway.

That's a dream of maladjusted idiots who want it, but wouldn't take it if it were right in front of them because when faced with actually having to bring satisfaction to another person's life they realize they're out of their depth and that call of duty is easier.

Patience and love are almost infinitely available resources and are better spent on people who can return them in kind rather than brainfucked Sherlock wannabes.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Boring

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

Pick if this is what your twenties are like then you're not gonna like your thirties because people just get progressively more petty and autistic with age.

tbf hugh was not like this ten years ago so there was some "woah horky poo poo" time devoted to realizing that he had changed in a bad way and was not gonna change back

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

My [26F] boyfriend [27M] often uses the "If that was a woman instead of a man..." critique in random scenarios and I don't know why it bugs me.

quote:

relationshipsRelationships

u/throwawigz

Our friend recently went to a bachelorette party. The bridesmaids had hired two "Butlers in the Buff". One of the butlers chose to stay after their allocated time to join the girls in the hottub. The butler ended up spending the night, and slept with one of the girls.

My boyfriend seemed to have a sour taste in his mouth about it, asking, "If that was a woman instead of a man... wouldn't that be considered, like, prostitution?"

He uses this discussion point often, in a kind of "men have it harder" tone. I don't know why it bothers me. Can anyone offer advice?

TL;DR Boyfriend is keen to switch genders on topics, possibly in a "men have it harder" way. Why does that irk me?!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Pick posted:

tbf hugh was not like this ten years ago so there was some "woah horky poo poo" time devoted to realizing that he had changed in a bad way and was not gonna change back

Yeah but just think about how him and others like him are going to be another ten years down the line at this rate.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

My [26F] boyfriend [27M] often uses the "If that was a woman instead of a man..." critique in random scenarios and I don't know why it bugs me.

He jelly

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

purple death ray posted:

I love reading about Pick's hosed up life she's like the ms havisham of gbs but with a face down painting and trash cupcakes instead of ancient wedding lace and a moldering cake

I feel like I should post this again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Imagine being a guidance counselor telling a kid this is what the aptitude test said their career should be.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Girl Trouble: Help me stop making a fool of myself

quote:

I met a beautiful girl at an all night coffee bar, she took me home that night and introduced me to lesbian sexuality. I'm 5'4 250 lbs and she's 5'0 120 lbs. I feel massive compared to her sometimes. Anyways, I digress.

She has some bad mental issues. She's deeply into the occult and at 21 she vehemently believes she's a "demon, dragon, werewolf, insert something here" these believes change from day to day. Her last few relationships were all with drugs addicts and abusive people. I just want to love and pamper her.

Since I've been with her I've literally gotten on my knees and sang to her at an amphitheater, took her out to a 50$ lunch on 2 occasions, and bought her expensive jewelry. However.. She never wants to experience me and what I enjoy, we go where she wants to. I would love to share with her the joys of swimming, mountain hiking, and rock band for ps3. Instead she's spoon fed me Super Gals Anime for 2 weeks now and I can't take it anymore.

I can't take that she has no interest in officially calling me her girlfriend. I feel like this beautiful young girl just picked me out because I was moderately unattractive and I'd fill her lonely bed at night without her having to tell anyone we're dating. It's killing me inside, do I continue to beg and plead for her to be my woman? Or do I just grow a pair and say gently caress it?

I really would like to see her in a healthy relationship with some one, some one who doesn't encourage her delusional tendencies. It doesn't even have to be me, It just hurts to see her struggle with reality.

Edit: So I need to love myself, I need to not put this hosed up girl before me. I can see these things now. This relationship was a dead end before it even started. It just makes me so sad I can't save her. I guess I'll always be a hopeless romantic. I wish I could help her, I wish I could make her see that I'm not just.. some person and that I want to help her live a better life..

A happy ending at least.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

dudeness posted:

I'm 5'4 250 lbs

Lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I [27f]was out on a girls night and was innocently flirting pretty hard with the bar tender. My fiances (28m) of 5 years brother (30sM) saw me and reported it back to him. Now things are so cold between us, maybe even breaking up and I want things back to normal. How?

quote:

Hello everyone. All names are fake...
I've been madly in love with Mikey since I was 23. He's a great guy who is my total package. I would never do anything to hurt him or our relationship.

Two weeks ago I had a girls night out and honestly by the time dinner and margaritas were over with, I was sloshed but kept going out to the bars. The bartender was this very physically cute guy who just turned 22 who I started very innocently flirting with as if he was like a little brothers friend. Right away we became Facebook friends. Mikey saw this and texted me "who's Brian?" and I replied "shhhhhh if I'm nice he'll give me drinks! Can't wait to see you do you drunk!" He replied back instantly "good girl! Call if You need a ride." So Mikey knew the whole night what I was up to. So the night was No big deal, I huggged my new friend goodbye and instead of going to the strip club with my friends i caught an uber to Mikey's house and stayed with him.

Little did I know that Mikey's brother Kevin was at the bar too. I don't know him too well but I should have seen him. Well he reported to Mikey that I'd been overly flirtatious, that I'd been physical with the bartender aside from the hug and i even pulled my top open to let him look at my cleavage. I know I was flirtatious but don't recall any of this.

Well Despite me telling Mikey who Brian was and what i was up to while it was happening, he has become so cold with me. As if I cheated on him. I've begged him to explain to me why things changed and the most he can say is that it's different because of what Kevin said happened. I asked what that means and he said he didn't know. I asked if we were breaking up and he said he needed time. He hasn't spoken to me or called me in almost 10 days and I'm devastated. I text him once a day to let him know he's the love of my life but I'm basically ghosted in return.

How do I get him back? My life doesn't exist without him in it.

tl;dr: I very innocently flirted with a bar tender. My fiancés brother saw this and told him and now he hasn't spoken to me in 10 days and I'm terrified we are headed for a break up. How do I make this up to him and get him back?

After I innocently hugged him, innocently got his contact deets, innocently flashed him, and innocently hugged him, I innocently gave him some head.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I feel massive compared to this girl, and I'm only twice her size. What's the deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
She can still do better than the otherkin