Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

HyperPuma posted:

just go to a store

Tried this

gamestop are all empty and wal-mart was similarly desolate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Xbox isn't actually doomed because even if it loses $20,000,000,000 that won't matter because Silicon Valley math is completely different from sane person math.

"Consider it an investment in branding our diversified global-personal interactive brand engagement with user-focused connective brand synergy."

Microsoft investors have been gunning for the Xbox division for years. As the company keeps focusing more on enterprise customers and cloud applications and Xbox keeps doing worse and worse relative to its competition, it gets increasingly likely that Microsoft will get rid of it. Also Microsoft is based in Seattle

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

that ivy guy posted:

Tried this

I feel truly blessed I had an urge to buy a Switch on a random Saturday and the local wal-mart had 3 in stock

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The Switch saves credit card info finally.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
I saw a video of Steve Ballmer on stage with giant sweat stains and repeatedly shouting "developers". Clearly Microsoft is insane and Xbox is XBoned.

I thought it was funny and the switch owns.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

that ivy guy posted:

Tried this

Target.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
yeah dont bother with gamestop i think they hold all their stock for bundles, but it seems like people who actively go out and try to find a switch in stores are able to within a week

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
I got my switch delivered to my door a couple weeks after I ordered it from amazon. It was chill and I didn't spend 10 hours of my mum's life driving me around local stores on the off chance. Why not do that?

pippy fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 9, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Seriously this. Stop by shortly after opening.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

pippy posted:

I got my switch delivered to my door a couple weeks after I ordered it from amazon. It was chill and I didn't spend 10 hours of my mum's life driving me around local stores on the off chance. Why not do that?

They're not taking orders right now would be the problem.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

parallelodad posted:

Here's the ranking.

1) DKC3: Dixie's Double Trouble
2) DKCR: Tropical Freeze
3) DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest
4) DKCR
5) DKC
6) DKL
7) DKL3
8) DK64
9) DKL2
10) DK King of Swing
11) DK The other one that was on DS, or the other one that was on GBA? The King of Swing sequel or prequel

I never played the bongo one, can't rank. I'd honestly recommend any of 1 - 8

DKC3 over DKC2 and DKC what the hell are you smoking

Its DKC2 > DKC > DKC3 AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
luckily it doesnt take me 10 hours to drive to the store so it worked out well for me

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

People also suggested less national chains like fred meyer and whatever that texas random grocery store that sells electronics.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

The website claims that there are none in stock within 100 miles but it's probably worth a shot regardless.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

that ivy guy posted:

The website claims that there are none in stock within 100 miles but it's probably worth a shot regardless.

At least for me, the website said local targets had none, but when I was at one for errands last Sunday, they had 3 switches just sitting there. Well, 2 now. I bought me one.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
👏stop👏relying👏on👏websites👏

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

that ivy guy posted:

Target.com is bullshit at tracking stock. Really especially bad.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

LethalGeek posted:

People also suggested less national chains like fred meyer and whatever that texas random grocery store that sells electronics.

HEB gets no love

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

👏stop👏relying👏on👏websites👏

I'm going... to give them a call. The moment of truth is upon me

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just go to walmart/target before work every other day or so :shrug:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Seriously this. Stop by shortly after opening.

Also, while I still can't-haven't found one, target told me they get them often Friday mornings.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

that ivy guy posted:

Where you located, roughly? I'll keep an eye out when I'm out and about, if I see one I could snag it for you if shipping isn't a huge mess.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Meridian posted:

Where you located, roughly? I'll keep an eye out when I'm out and about, if I see one I could snag it for you if shipping isn't a huge mess.

Why would it be? Just write the address on it with a sharpie, put some stamps on it and throw it down a mailbox

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Doji Sekushi posted:

At least for me, the website said local targets had none, but when I was at one for errands last Sunday, they had 3 switches just sitting there. Well, 2 now. I bought me one.

This is how I got mine, just walked in on a Monday afternoon into a Target in a semi-depressed urban area, they had just sold three of them and had two left "in the back."

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why would it be? Just write the address on it with a sharpie, put some stamps on it and throw it down a mailbox

I meant more if he's in a different country or something.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Meridian posted:

West chicago suburbs; just called the four nearest Targets and they're all out so your assistance would be welcome!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Cool dude. I'll shoot you a message if I come across one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

This is how my son plays Switch.

your son owns

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bef posted:

Just go to walmart/target before work every other day or so :shrug:

This. I constantly see them tucked away under a display every other time I visit. The websites don't update in time to reflect their actual stock.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61OlUTbTV9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jPmY3Zk-80

Playgrounds does look good tho :nyoron:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Playgrounds looks like it's gonna be great for pickup 2-player.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDGx5Tw3lc

IGN review for Playgrounds is out, pretty positive.

Sounds pretty fun, but I'm not crazy about being able to score up to 12 points in a single basket, that seems a bit weird.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Xbox isn't actually doomed because even if it loses $20,000,000,000 that won't matter because Silicon Valley math is completely different from sane person math.

"Consider it an investment in branding our diversified global-personal interactive brand engagement with user-focused connective brand synergy."

Can you add the words "innovation and strategy" a few times? I'm almost convinced.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Mister Facetious posted:

Can you add the words "innovation and strategy" a few times? I'm almost convinced.

We're going to strategically innovate in the sphere of strategic innovation. The resulting paradigm shift will disrupt current strategic innovation models and result in a quantum leap forward in our ability to align with customer expectations so that we can deliver a superior, disruptive, and strategically innovative product.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dirk the Average posted:

We're going to strategically innovate in the sphere of strategic innovation. The resulting paradigm shift will disrupt current strategic innovation models and result in a quantum leap forward in our ability to align with customer expectations so that we can deliver a superior, disruptive, and strategically innovative product.

I'll call my broker and authorize the purchase of another million shares right now!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDGx5Tw3lc

IGN review for Playgrounds is out, pretty positive.

Sounds pretty fun, but I'm not crazy about being able to score up to 12 points in a single basket, that seems a bit weird.

Yeah the extra points stuff sounds pretty dumb. Just give me big dunks and shoves and crossovers.

Sounds like there are issues with load times being 30-60 seconds each match which ruins the pick up and play appeal. Supposedly they'll address this in a patch so I'm just going to wait until they fix it, if they do. Also runs at sub 720 on handheld mode to keep 60fps and it's pretty noticeable if YouTube videos are anything to go by. Definitely holding off for a bit.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Hungry Computer posted:

Their solution to nobody using the Microsoft Store is to release a cheaper version of Windows 10 that can only run programs from the Store. If that somehow works out well for them I could easily see Microsoft forcing Live on to their new captive audience.

If you don't follow computer news, this is a real thing that was announced last week, Windows 10 S.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Stan Taylor posted:

Yeah the extra points stuff sounds pretty dumb. Just give me big dunks and shoves and crossovers.

Sounds like there are issues with load times being 30-60 seconds each match which ruins the pick up and play appeal. Supposedly they'll address this in a patch so I'm just going to wait until they fix it, if they do. Also runs at sub 720 on handheld mode to keep 60fps and it's pretty noticeable if YouTube videos are anything to go by. Definitely holding off for a bit.

Probably a bit less noticeable on the actual small screen though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DalaranJ posted:

If you don't follow computer news, this is a real thing that was announced last week, Windows 10 S.

Why is Microsoft trying to ruin computers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

DalaranJ posted:

huh

• Locked thread