Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

bman in 2288 posted:

Do give the cliffnotes version after you're done watching that. I enjoy having a good laugh.

Short early version: a subsidiary of Laveria's was the one contacting Phil and got him partnered through a mistake in the back end, but when his channels were up to be managed the bosses at Laveria did a couple days of background checking, decided that the masturbating and racism didn't fit their brand, and released him immediately.

Which is a liiiiiiiiittle different from Phil's version, in which he never partnered with anyone because he wanted to "try things out on his own for a little while."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Eh, it's more telling about Laveria than Phil.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

bman in 2288 posted:

Eh, it's more telling about Laveria than Phil.

Also true. They seem to be the top of a pyramid scheme that Phil got caught up in by someone near the bottom offering him the world. I mean, Laveria's best performing channel only reuploads Spanish language Naruto episodes. This kind of thing could only happen to Phil.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

judge reinhold posted:

I'm being completely serious here, so don't laugh: it did a very poor job "selling" me on watching a PewDiePie video. I know he's the #1 subscribed-to guy on YouTube, and this game was clearly meant for "the choir", but I would have appreciated it if the designers had a little bit of a viewpoint of "not everyone playing this is gonna get every single reference". This my honest critique of the game.

I stopped posting videos here because I figured everyone from SA would've subscribed by now, and I don't have as much time to keep a (good) thread going on SA. Plus, I love streaming and it's kinda hard to make that "work" for a thread on SA because the discussion is out-of-whack with people watching live and then viewing videos after the fact.

Sorry, I won't take away more of the topic, just wanted to give an answer to this even though nobody cares.

Man just post a thread and updates and interact a bit with the guys then write a complete faq with humorous annotations that slowly reveal your will to live is dissolving
Instant five like comment and subscribe

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Psychepath posted:

Short early version: a subsidiary of Laveria's was the one contacting Phil and got him partnered through a mistake in the back end, but when his channels were up to be managed the bosses at Laveria did a couple days of background checking, decided that the masturbating and racism didn't fit their brand, and released him immediately.

Which is a liiiiiiiiittle different from Phil's version, in which he never partnered with anyone because he wanted to "try things out on his own for a little while."

Its not even as if DSP wasnt aware of being mistakenly partnered
He kept saying he HAD a new partner already
Why cant this guy just be honest?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DeafNote posted:

Because that would destroy the character he's been playing for the last 20 some odd years now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
DSP is the gift that keeps on giving.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DeafNote posted:

Because being honest about this situation would mean he has to admit the "haters" were right, and surely a bunch of sociopaths who constantly put guns to Phil's head can't be right.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Maybe DSP should have a segment where he talks about the truth with no bullshit. Maybe some catchy title that matches his King of Hate persona. I was thinking he could call this segment the Hateful Facts.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

He already uses something similar for his reviews, "The Hateful Truth". Or, at least he used to, I dunno what he does with his reviews now that they're on his KOGaming channel. I'm looking through the videos on that channel and he's uploaded a TIHYDP for MGR:R. :psyduck:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Well he is a hateful pile of poo poo at least, apt naming convention.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Psychepath posted:

Have only kept up with the Phil train sporadically, what type of racist poo poo has he done?

Unless you're talking about him beating his white snake....

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BMS posted:

Have only kept up with the Phil train sporadically, what type of racist poo poo has he done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jVUu52AbUY

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

YIKES, this whole video

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

YIKES, this whole video

Phil's biggest problem is that he was ahead of his time, and it was much too early to out yourself as a racist piece of poo poo. If he just rebranded himself as an Alt-Right LPer, he'd probably have a huge audience. Maybe even partner up with JonTron and become the new GameGrumps.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 10, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was like "oh can't be all that bad and besides that guy in Heavy Rain is a pretty offensive stereotype already even without Phil's input" and then it became second number 2 of the video and it was just all downhill from there

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jamesman posted:

Phil's biggest problem is that he was ahead of his time, and it was much too early to out yourself as a racist piece of poo poo. If he just rebranded him as an Alt-Right LPer, he'd probably have a huge audience. Maybe even partner up with JonTron and become the new GameGrumps.

Hey I'm Grump!

I'm Nazi Grump!

We're the Alt GameGrumps!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6VuRu9q-g

Sons of Kojima's Interview with Laveria Media CEO and General Manager.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

I was like "oh can't be all that bad and besides that guy in Heavy Rain is a pretty offensive stereotype already even without Phil's input" and then it became second number 2 of the video and it was just all downhill from there

I'm sorry you don't find it hilarious to see a man pretend he's a Nazi, killing Jews while making comments like "Give me your money! You've hoarded it long enough!" and "You big-nosed freak!"

Enjoy being on the wrong side of history.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I mostly was confused during that Dead Space 2 clip because I could not place what accent he was supposed to have been doing....then he started talking about Jews? And then I realized he was trying to do German and was able to cringe even more than before.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The DSP Karma train keeps-on-a-chuggin':

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Bugged joke goes here

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I'm just confused as to how anyone cares enough to ask "what happened" at this pount.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
The funny thing about that video was that at the end he was reading a comment about someone who complained about him being about him being a panhandler in his relationship to his audience and that it could only end badly.
and lo and behold it did indeed end badly.

He's got to be at the end of the line at this point. I really don't see how he can recover unless something miraculous happens or unless he makes some huge changes to himself and somehow turns things around.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Phil's biggest problem is that he was ahead of his time, and it was much too early to out yourself as a racist piece of poo poo. If he just rebranded himself as an Alt-Right LPer, he'd probably have a huge audience. Maybe even partner up with JonTron and become the new GameGrumps.

Well hey now, I could use a few more subs on my channel. Maybe I can make some sort of muslim jokes in my arma 3 videos, even nazi gold is still gold!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dias posted:

Hey I'm Grump!

I'm Nazi Grump!

We're the Alt GameGrumps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOgvdbl314

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6VuRu9q-g

Sons of Kojima's Interview with Laveria Media CEO and General Manager.

There is something hilarious about a CEO of a MCM outright saying things like "Well if he actually had good content" about Phil's complaint Vlogs and making remarks about not editing.

E: "Why does Phil think everything is broken? Is he... special?" - CEO man :vince:

Leal fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 11, 2017

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wow....

If the Multiverse theory is correct, is there a universe out there where Phil is rational? I wonder what that place is like.

....I bet nuclear war has already ravaged the planet

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BMS posted:

If the Multiverse theory is correct, is there a universe out there where Phil is rational? I wonder what that place is like.

....I bet nuclear war has already ravaged the planet

Oh no, it's a living paradise, where Bernie Sanders is president, the Middle East is a beacon of stability, we already have moon colonies, and everyone's immortal.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CommissarMega posted:

Oh no, it's a living paradise, where Bernie Sanders is president, the Middle East is a beacon of stability, we already have moon colonies, and everyone's immortal.

It's a Philtopia!!!

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Jamesman posted:

Or maybe he should play Yakuza 2 and actually finish it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cangelosi posted:

Someday...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cangelosi posted:

Or Scarface. Or finish Persona 3 (was that the one he ragequit at the last boss for?)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Leal posted:

Or Scarface. Or finish Persona 3 (was that the one he ragequit at the last boss for?)

He refuses to finish Scarface because then Fred Fuchs will be able to finish the excellent TIHYDP of it - it even got voted to be played recently as part of a "worst games ever" marathon and Phil quit it within an hour.

As for Persona 3, he did ragequit at the last boss, and then received the greatest comment ever:

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Jamesman posted:

Someday...

Oh, you know I love you, man, but you totally set yourself up for that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cangelosi posted:

Oh, you know I love you, man, but you totally set yourself up for that.

I want to do it, but there are a few things holding me back right now.

I'll play a game for the internet again one of these days.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

TaurusOxford posted:

He refuses to finish Scarface because then Fred Fuchs will be able to finish the excellent TIHYDP of it - it even got voted to be played recently as part of a "worst games ever" marathon and Phil quit it within an hour.
Scarface: The World Is Yours? Why on earth was that voted for a "worst games ever" marathon? I mean, it's certainly no San Andreas or anything, but from what I recall it's a perfectly competent open world GTA clone.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Doc Morbid posted:

Scarface: The World Is Yours? Why on earth was that voted for a "worst games ever" marathon? I mean, it's certainly no San Andreas or anything, but from what I recall it's a perfectly competent open world GTA clone.

Because Phil didn't know how to make money properly and kept being an idiot (like shooting the drug dealers you're supposed to talk to and saying the game is glitched when said drug dealers started shooting back at him). As for why it was voted, it's because Phil is only entertaining when he's angry. It's not like all his "haters" rigged the voting either - this was his hardcore fanbase who asked him to play this.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 12, 2017

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ah, okay then. I kinda assumed it was something like that, because like I said I remember Scarface being a pretty decent game with some fun mechanics.

I've actually considered LPing it for a while now, but I need to get my hands on one of the console versions first. The PC port barely worked when it was new, let alone on modern systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I hope he continues to gently caress up old games.
The TIHDP of Crash Bandicoot is magical.