Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

At the same time, calling it mini-holy makes paladin sound way cooler than it is, and we can't have that.

Then it turns out that it's not Mini-Holy, it's Mega Holiest of Holy and now the WHM's are salty at the PLD having a really strong cast AoE even though they can only cast it twice before being out of MP :v:

Edit: Also the WAR skill that looks so neat? Self Destruct :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No, no, it's Eorzea, so the name's gotta be Olde Timey and poo poo.

It'd be "Terry Thews".
He would be a part of Manderville clan.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I just joined PBC, why do I have a <thief> next to my name?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Valicious posted:

I just joined PBC, why do I have a <thief> next to my name?

PBC is actually an illegal Free Company, the game's branded you as a criminal and the guards outside every zone will attack you on sight now.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
We stole the shovel from the shop.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I keep wanting to call FCs, "friend companies."

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i've been sitting around punching dummies at sss for a while now in my downtime, and i have a question:

healer dps supposedly isn't factored into enrage timers for raids, right? so how the hell do they figure out the healer sss dummies? why do they even exist if the game wants to pretend any healer dps at all is entirely gravy?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

:yeah:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i've been sitting around punching dummies at sss for a while now in my downtime, and i have a question:

healer dps supposedly isn't factored into enrage timers for raids, right? so how the hell do they figure out the healer sss dummies? why do they even exist if the game wants to pretend any healer dps at all is entirely gravy?

I presume that healer SSS targets were just added with kind of arbitrary numbers so they'd have something rather than nothing.

But that's no less odd than dev expectations that healers shouldn't need to contribute dps in this, the game system where everyone is a dps but some have extra roles on the side.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Really, the ability should be called Almost Holy.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Really, the ability should be called Almost Holy.

We've got Holy, Unholy, Holiest of Holies, Mega Holy, Almost Holy...

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Oxyclean posted:

Really? I keep seeing it as fuckboi companies

At least, that's how I see PBC and TPT :smuggo:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

vOv posted:

Make it the only -aga spell in the game, just to drive the turbonerds insane.

It's me. I'm the turbonerd. :shepface:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Coughing Hobo posted:

We stole the shovel from the shop.

:shopkeeper:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thundarr posted:

I presume that healer SSS targets were just added with kind of arbitrary numbers so they'd have something rather than nothing.

But that's no less odd than dev expectations that healers shouldn't need to contribute dps in this, the game system where everyone is a dps but some have extra roles on the side.

Healer DPS isn't factored in when setting an enrage timer, but they still expect healers to be doing DPS. SSS is basically meant to be your threshold level of dps needed assuming the rest of your party does the same threshold level dps.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleric Stance being technically optional for 2 of the 3 healer classes makes it seem like it would be hard to balance around.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

Cleric Stance being technically optional for 2 of the 3 healer classes makes it seem like it would be hard to balance around.

Just like provoke.

No, it's expected.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Which is why they're changing the cross class system to make things like cleric stance more accessible to everyone

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Or they could just remove cleric stance and have healer damage spells scale with Mind instead, that would be even more intuitive and simpler to manage! :can:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Asimo posted:

Or they could just remove cleric stance and have healer damage spells scale with Mind instead, that would be even more intuitive and simpler to manage! :can:

I like the mechanics of cleric stance but I would not bemoan for an instant any sort of hurdles being removed from getting healers to cast their god drat damage spells.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Failboattootoot posted:

I like the mechanics of cleric stance but I would not bemoan for an instant any sort of hurdles being removed from getting healers to cast their god drat damage spells.

They wouldn't anyway because it's become an identity thing now

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Easy solution. Healer offensive magic scales with MND. Cleric Stance loses the attribute swap, but retains the damage potency increase and healing potency decrease. Optimal Healer DPSing still requires it, however healer damage spells aren't useless without it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just wish I could heal myself without a penalty while in cleric stance. It's already slow enough killing poo poo solo as an AST, having to swap out to heal is just a pain.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Wacky Delly posted:

What if they're changing cross class skills to require two classes to cast certain things?!?

gently caress yeah gimme the renkei chains.

erectoral collage
Jun 15, 2005
Anyone been having an increasingly degrading experience with the Software Token app on Android lately? I've had the app reset twice in the past 24 hours and now I am locked out of my account as I can't send another emergency removal e-mail until those 24 hours since the last one sent are up. :v:

For the record: Nexus 5X, Android 7.1.2, and this doesn't seem to be happening only when applying Android updates/SE token updates. Bummer.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

erectoral collage posted:

Anyone been having an increasingly degrading experience with the Software Token app on Android lately? I've had the app reset twice in the past 24 hours and now I am locked out of my account as I can't send another emergency removal e-mail until those 24 hours since the last one sent are up. :v:

For the record: Nexus 5X, Android 7.1.2, and this doesn't seem to be happening only when applying Android updates/SE token updates. Bummer.

I've been denied login with invalid password or ID like 5 times today. No idea if it's just my fingers being stupid or what but it did stand out as an anomaly to me.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

erectoral collage posted:

Yeah, I've encountered this problem with the Android app, too. I don't know what else to do to fix it immediately, but my recommendation is to spring for the physical token.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://gfycat.com/DecimalVagueCamel
https://gfycat.com/VagueUnconsciousHatchetfish

Getting this dance was long overdue.

why can I not loving embed these, I know embedding .webm is possible but I don't know the syntax

erectoral collage
Jun 15, 2005

Leofish posted:

Yeah, I've encountered this problem with the Android app, too. I don't know what else to do to fix it immediately, but my recommendation is to spring for the physical token.

Yeah, I'm thinking this, too. I was used to doing this once every couple of weeks but now it's just about every day. :shrug:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SL the Pyro posted:

https://gfycat.com/DecimalVagueCamel
https://gfycat.com/VagueUnconsciousHatchetfish

Getting this dance was long overdue.

why can I not loving embed these, I know embedding .webm is possible but I don't know the syntax

Now get the upgrade. :unsmigghh:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Skaw posted:

Easy solution. Healer offensive magic scales with MND. Cleric Stance loses the attribute swap, but retains the damage potency increase and healing potency decrease. Optimal Healer DPSing still requires it, however healer damage spells aren't useless without it.

This doesn't sound terrible, and kinda brings it in line with their early proposed enochian changes.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
So I was going to buy my friend a birthday present on Amazon and give them the Stormblood DLC code, but it looks like the promo ended yesterday. I was hoping someone had an extra code lying around. I'm not sure what I can give in return, but please PM me. If you're on Gilgamesh I can get you a pet or something.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Just wanted to chime in to say that the Crafting Tools goons are amazing, and to thank Agrias in particular for going above and beyond to help get me up to speed for Stormblood.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

desudrive posted:

So I was going to buy my friend a birthday present on Amazon and give them the Stormblood DLC code, but it looks like the promo ended yesterday. I was hoping someone had an extra code lying around. I'm not sure what I can give in return, but please PM me. If you're on Gilgamesh I can get you a pet or something.

Same, except the server or having anything to offer in return. The gf just remembered it was happening a day too late.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Countblanc posted:

They wouldn't anyway because it's become an identity thing now

Recently I saw a sprout running around in nothing but their small clothes. I sent them a tell and was like "hey lemme make you some stuff!". They were on the hempen age of gear so it ran me like 300 gil at worst to make them a full HQ set of gear. I gave them some advice on healer and they asked me what was better, whm or sch. I say I main sch and I like it better cause while whm has big heals, sch is more fun to dps. And then they said it:

I want to focus more on healing, I don't think I'll use cleric stance.

A lost cause....

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

amazing

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

vOv posted:

mad disrespect for Holy Bleed

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I've seen ice mages, and I've even seen a Scathe mage, but I think this is the first single-target Flare mage I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

This is a correctly played Arch Wizard.

• Locked thread