Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Two Finger posted:

Don't gently caress around with this.

That's what I thought too. I mean, as international students, we're relentlessly drilled into not going to the ER, unless it's potentially life-threatening...but how in the gently caress is a post-surgery infection that rapidly spreads from your toes to your ankle and swells everything up like loving kielbasas not and indication of a life-threatening condition?

Like, loving keep me there for another few hours just to see if the trend is ongoing...Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This poo poo's gonna cost me proper, isn't it? :lol:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

American healthcare at it's best, rip duzzys leg. How are you going to chase Korean girls with a peg leg?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're proper hosed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

i cannot say how loving hosed i find it that your first thought isn't 'i need to save my leg/life' but 'god this is gonna cost a fortune'

i'm really, really loving lucky to have been born where i was, aren't i?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They're now debating in front of me whether it's "bad enough" (!) To put me on IV antibiotics, or whether they should send me home...

how in the gently caress
:lol:

Welcome to the land that won both WW2 and the Cold War. Make sure to get some opiates on your way out of the doctors office or you'll never be able to cover your expenses!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If part of your international attendance tuition is not insurance that will provide for care to the level of your home country then you are getting hosed like 5 times. I can only imagine that you are paying 5k a year for some student health insurance plan that exclusively covers individuals under the age of 40.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 10, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

i cannot say how loving hosed i find it that your first thought isn't 'i need to save my leg/life' but 'god this is gonna cost a fortune'

i'm really, really loving lucky to have been born where i was, aren't i?

In Europe duzzy would still be in the hospital right now, they wouldn't have discharged him when he showed up with a infection starting to climb up his leg. At least they wouldn't have done that in Germany.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, checked the coverage

RIP 200 bucks.

Foot Status: Festively colorful and ripe...at least it hasn't gotten worse in the last 20 mins or so. Probably should have asked the doc if it's fine to pop a handful of ibuprofen with these meds

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welp, checked the coverage

RIP 200 bucks.

Foot Status: Festively colorful and ripe...at least it hasn't gotten worse in the last 20 mins or so. Probably should have asked the doc if it's fine to pop a handful of ibuprofen with these meds

Get some codine/promethazine syrup and really embrace being an American

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

What did he give you? Ibuprofen reacts p nastily with a good amount of poo poo, as in holy gently caress your liver is imploding reaction.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Get some codine/promethazine syrup and really embrace being an American

Can you even get codeine syrup for a foot injury? I'm not sure what it's prescribed for but I think the last time I got it I had some hellscourge sickness and I was in deployment.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

orange juche posted:

In Europe duzzy would still be in the hospital right now, they wouldn't have discharged him when he showed up with a infection starting to climb up his leg. At least they wouldn't have done that in Germany.

Pretty much this. They keep you around and monitor you. Like, there's a legal obligation for them to monitor anything that even has potential to worsen, lest they incur liability issues.

And here, it's somehow the literal opposite...not dying yet? Lol you're stable, go home

I'm pretty much gonna spend the night reading some 40k books with one eye, eyeballing my foot with the other, and bide my time until campus urgent care opens in five hours

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

orange juche posted:

Can you even get codeine syrup for a foot injury?

I'm not a doctor, but my understanding is that Arizona is very similar to Florida in that only criminals live there and all that stands between you and what you want is the bullshit you tell yourself everyday - Leonardo Dicaprio

Edit: Is your house an honest to god cesspit? I don't think that a splinter would honestly warrant antibiotics, close observation, five stitches or concern over sepsis. Unless I am really missing the picture here your foot is going to be fine, and barring any downturns you should stop worrying about it. The litigious nature of American society means our medical care is P.good, though very expensive.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 10, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Pretty much this. They keep you around and monitor you. Like, there's a legal obligation for them to monitor anything that even has potential to worsen, lest they incur liability issues.

And here, it's somehow the literal opposite...not dying yet? Lol you're stable, go home

I'm pretty much gonna spend the night reading some 40k books with one eye, eyeballing my foot with the other, and bide my time until campus urgent care opens in five hours

Malpractice insurance is a hell of a drug.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

Yeah when I think good healthcare the first thing I think of is Germany. Wait, no, I meant holocaust. Holocaust not healthcare.

Wait are the jerry's good at both?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Yeah when I think good healthcare the first thing I think of is Germany. Wait, no, I meant holocaust. Holocaust not healthcare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGae5vkMekA&t=13s

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You don't take a shower if you get a piece of wood in your foot dummy

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A German shower is right in my fear factor zone.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And here, it's somehow the literal opposite...not dying yet? Lol you're stable, go home....

On the plus side you could get those cool spring legs and run really fast.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

He didn't say he was at the VA.

campus medical is the VA health of people under 30.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't see why they need to keep you if over the counter antibiotics are effective. American healthcare is hosed and every hour you're at the ER is costing thousands of dollars.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Sounds like Papa Nurgle just wants you to be happy :unsmigghh:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/05/pentagon-send-460000-us-army-advisors-afghanistan

quote:

Pentagon to send 460,000 additional US Army advisors to Afghanistan

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/05/pentagon-send-460000-us-army-advisors-afghanistan/#ixzz4gglsuqgW

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Operation Enduring Freedom Episode XVII: Return of the SOFA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't know if you guys saw, but Marvel confirmed that all of Stan Lee's cameos are connected. He's portraying Uatu the Watcher.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's pretty funny but I don't really give a poo poo anymore

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

tastefully arranged labia posted:

That's pretty funny but I don't really give a poo poo anymore

Yeah, it's sad too because as a kid I loved comics and when iron Man came out I was pumped for the Cinematic Universe, but holy poo poo they keep making the same 3 movies over and over. Aside from Guardians, those are what the new Star Wars movies should have been

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I never watch Marvel movies from both precaution and principle.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

The one superhero movie I'd watch is Punisher in Vietnam, those comics were :staredog: as gently caress.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I watch the marvel movies because I'm gay for Robert Downey junior

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

I watch the marvel movies because I'm gay for Robert Downey juniorguys named Chris

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I watch Marvel movies, they're pretty fun. And I've been enjoying watching a high school friend of mine who does CG work go from one of a sea of names at the bottom up to being one of the major team leads with his name in large text, so good for him.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

:bigtran:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

:wink:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, it's sad too because as a kid I loved comics and when iron Man came out I was pumped for the Cinematic Universe, but holy poo poo they keep making the same 3 movies over and over. Aside from Guardians, those are what the new Star Wars movies should have been

As opposed to writing the same comic over and over?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Force de Fappe posted:

The one superhero movie I'd watch is Punisher in Vietnam, those comics were :staredog: as gently caress.

I don't think Marvel films would ever be able to run with the "Punisher is not a good person or a hero" idea which is true. I'd watch a Punisher film if they rolled with what Frank really is and it was rated R.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Or instead of a Punisher film, give me a Sicario sequel/prequel that's all about Alejandro. Make it mostly Spanish language and get the Narcos guys involved.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Isn't that what the sequel that's in production is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Heretical opinion here, but I think the vast majority of superhero movies and shows are bland as gently caress. I wind up incidentally watching them because my roommates marathons every one of them in Netflix, and I've gotta say... they're all exactly the same. Guardians, though, is pretty rad. I loved the first one for being a breath of fresh air. I just saw the second one yesterday, and while it didn't have the same magic as the first, it was still a good time.

• Locked thread