Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Those fuckers really crank em out, don't they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Those fuckers really crank em out, don't they

I've started to wait to see with their games, since they've started adding f2p poo poo into their paid games.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

That got me thinking, what's the best Baseball-related game on the Play Store?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

I've started to wait to see with their games, since they've started adding f2p poo poo into their paid games.

The lovely thing is that the Pay aspect is more of a subscription for know ads. I think this was in Pirates Story.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Spaceplan is a new clicker where you're controlling potato based space probes?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

mrkillboy posted:

Spaceplan is a new clicker where you're controlling potato based space probes?

Ive played that before here. Interesting clicker. No idea what the paid version adds, but the free prototype was nice.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
It's also a great game and is a clicker with a definite ending. Worth the price imo

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Have they added anything to it or is it just the web version?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

GB_Sign posted:

Have they added anything to it or is it just the web version?

Store page says more planet stories, which is kinda meh. I felt like the length of the original was good because it ended before it got dull and unless those other planets change up the gameplay I can't help but feel it'll get old before I'm done. If I get it it'll be on sale.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Looks like Rovio's boaty arena shooter Battle Bay is in wide launch. I played it a while back; it seemed fine but I didn't stick with it for too long.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is the kotor port any good?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
It's the full on game with nothing removed... so yes.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

rotaryfun posted:

It's the full on game with nothing removed... so barely.

e: full game also means save compatibility, so with minimal effort, you can hop from pc to tablet and back every time you save.

Polyseme fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 4, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

battle bay is decently fun

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Is there a way to see apps I have pre registered for? I can see my wishlist, but there were a couple apps I pre registered for that I don't even remember what they were

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Polyseme posted:

e: full game also means save compatibility, so with minimal effort, you can hop from pc to tablet and back every time you save.
full versions of kotor 1 & 2 are $2.49 on steam until the end of the week.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
battle bay keeps black screening on me randomly which sucks cause it looks like its a good bit of fun, but i can't enjoy it having to tap my power button randomly

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Anyone know of a good baseball game? I'm more interested in building players and teams then hitting the ball.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

RC Cola posted:

Is the kotor port any good?

Yes it's quite good... but the ship fighting segments are barely playable and you can't skip them. They kept me from progressing off Taris for 2 weeks because I was getting fed up with it and it's hard to drag THEN tap to shoot.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

pappawurm posted:

Anyone know of a good baseball game? I'm more interested in building players and teams then hitting the ball.

baseball superstar kind of does player building etc.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

pappawurm posted:

I was going to recommend MLB Manager but it sounds like this year's version has some bugs that need to be fixed first.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Get yer goon-made game Wayward Souls for $0.99 while you can!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Yo this is some incredibly well made nostalgic poo poo.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Kheldarn posted:

This looks really good. Jumping on this!

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Thanks!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I missed all the dungeon defenders chat, anyone remember what pages they were on? Alternatively any tips on what I should do once I unlock the elemental dungeons?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

had no idea this gem was goon made

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
OK Golf is a new golf game with simple controls, online and pass and play multiplayer and an attractive Hitman GO-esque diorama graphics style.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

mrkillboy posted:

OK Golf is a new golf game with simple controls, online and pass and play multiplayer and an attractive Hitman GO-esque diorama graphics style.

Buying/Trying

Will follow up after my commute home in a few hours

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Duggler posted:

Buying/Trying

Will follow up after my commute home in a few hours

Please do; I'm still sort of on my sports kick from last year. I know this isn't exactly the thread for it, but man, it bums me out that all the EA sports games aren't on Steam :negative:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Injustice 2 for Mobile is due out on the 11th, though its been released early in a few countries (for those who can't download it yet, you can pre register to get a Catwoman, which I received anyway). The game is less dumbed down than the first Injustice and Mortal Kombat X mobile fighters; they seemed to have pretty much ripped off Marvel Contest of Champions for this one, though it plays so fast it still distills down into almost mindless button mashing. It does look really, really good though.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 10, 2017

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Kheldarn posted:

This game is pretty fantastic and is the first action mobile game that I have played that doesn't handle like crap. I always get super frustrated with the control schemes in these kind of games but not this one.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Pocket Mortys people are beta testing an update which adds an online multiplayer mode to their game. You can sign up and grab the update here.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 10, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

OK Golf is extremely okay. The courses seem really simple and there are obvious shortcuts in each that won't take much imagination to see. Nice enough art, except for the hole which looks like something out of the 2600 for some odd reason. Landscape and portrait modes and you can switch between them by just rotating the phone.

Mechanically it works as expected, drag down to shoot. No power bar moving left or right, don't need to hit the middle of a meter for accuracy or anything.

Drag further down and then you get a power shot that is a little less accurate, but if you keep holding the target area gets smaller. I'm not sure why the dev did this, because this way I'm just adding extra time onto each shot.

Can play without an internet connection I'm pretty sure.

It also does that annoying thing where it lowers your media even with sound disabled. This was the worst part of the game for me

I give it a use your survey bucks if you really like simplistic and stylish golf/10

*I didn't try the multiplayer

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 10, 2017

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Duggler posted:

It also does that annoying thing where it lowers your media even with sound disabled. This was the worst part of the game for me

i probably wasn't going to spend 3bux on this but...

:captainpop: why

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Phrosphor posted:

This game is pretty fantastic and is the first action mobile game that I have played that doesn't handle like crap. I always get super frustrated with the control schemes in these kind of games but not this one.

Yeah I'm pleasantly surprised that the controls are pretty fluid. Makes me think mobile games don't actually have to be poo poo.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bit Heroes just released.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Open world online car combat game Crash Club is out worldwide. I've been playing since the beta and I think its pretty neat.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 10, 2017

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Zotix posted:

Bit Heroes just released.

A Kongregate game though? Ehhhhh....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Malek posted:

A Kongregate game though? Ehhhhh....

I played it for about an hour last night and uninstalled it. It's a pretty mindless turnbased combat game with autobattle, nothing we haven't already seen a million times.