Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

All the best, hoping for an official renewal announcement soon.

We'll know one way or the other in just over two days. That's when the Network upfronts are due.

Also, there's this:

Jed Whedon and Jeffrey Bell posted:

Did you write the finale with a sense of closure in case the show is not renewed?

WHEDON: No, we were told to write a season finale, so we wrote a season finale, not a series finale.
BELL: Or a s—ty series finale. [Laughs.]
WHEDON: It’d be like, “Wow, that was sad.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Doggles posted:

Did it? I assumed that's what The Superior was loading into the sub before launch.

My speculation is that there going to build a bigger one and (try to) make the Mirror-Universe Earth the Real Earth. Having said that, it looks like the Framework World might be in a state of full blown revolution judging from the chaos around YoYo.

Unrealistic prediction: They go full Rick & Morty/Futurama. Aida kills everyone and 3D prints the Hydra World over the Real World, but subsequent events in the framework have rendered it functionally indistinguishable from our own.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Mallory Jansen was great in this episode. I'd probably go as far as to say that I think this episode was her best work so far in the series. Playing a human version of Aida, who discovers and deals with all the newfound senses and feelings, innocent at first and overwhelmed and then overcome with jealousy and anger, and then going bezerk.... She did an excellent job of it.

The episode was also incredible overall; it felt like a season finale. I'm so happy we are getting more next week.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daisy, you done hosed up, AGAIN.

First, you didn't just KO Mack, and bring him out.

Now, you didn't tell Yo-Yo that when an Inhuman goes into the Framework, they don't have their powers.

She's gonna be extra pissed at you.

Mage_Boy posted:

Machine designed only for killing. MODOK.

No, that's MDOK. Missing an O there.

Chokes McGee posted:

Moscow Operative Designed Only for Killing

There we go. Both Os are in!

Chokes McGee posted:

To combat him, we'll need the help of our latest magical AI, Radical As gently caress Carbon Life Imitation Form

RAFCLIF?

Yakmouth posted:

It feels like there's an awful lot of plot for them to wrap up in next week's finale....

SHIELD is persona non grata with the US government again
Mack and Yo-yo are in the framework along with Ward, Tripp, and Radcliffe
Whatever the gently caress is going on with Vijay
Ghostrider is back
The Darkhold is still at large
Is there still an army of Quakes, or did they get destroyed?

Any guesses on what's going to be carried over to next season?

My guesses:
After working with them, Iron Man kinda knows how hosed up things can get. After talking with Coulson, he has an idea of how hosed up things are, so they'll be fine. But it might take an episode or two next season before that happens.

Hoping for the One Eyed One Horned Flying 3-D People Printer to print at least Ward and Radcliff.

Vijay will be part of next season's plot hook.

Ghostrider and Darkhold won't show up again.

Seven Quake Army probably got destroyed when May exploded the base.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm guessing Vijay is the teaser for next season somehow. I have no idea how they'd work him in at this point otherwise.

Is next week's finale 2 hours? They usually are, right?

It looks like Aida is using Vijay's power to regen herself every time so they might need to go grab him to figure out how to kill Aida for good.

Also my guess for why Fitz brings up finally understanding Ward is that he's going to be trapped on the submarine as its either sinking/MODOK is after him and hes going through those flashbacks of being pushed into the ocean and prints a framework Ward to save him. They get to play that same scene again where he's trying to convince Ward to save him and he gets him out (despite thinking hes an evil nazi scientist or something).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

kingcom posted:

It looks like Aida is using Vijay's power to regen herself every time so they might need to go grab him to figure out how to kill Aida for good.

Yeah, most likely. Based on what Fitz said to May, they used the machine to figure out how to give Aida multiple powers.

kingcom posted:

Also my guess for why Fitz brings up finally understanding Ward is that he's going to be trapped on the submarine as its either sinking/MODOK is after him and hes going through those flashbacks of being pushed into the ocean and prints a framework Ward to save him. They get to play that same scene again where he's trying to convince Ward to save him and he gets him out (despite thinking hes an evil nazi scientist or something).

Oh man. Reverse Fitz Ward!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Vijay's displayed powers were super reflexes and the ability to recocoon himself, neither of which Aida has demonstrated.

I mean, sure, he was probably able to heals himself while in that cocoon, but that's not how Aida's abilities have manifested. Same with her reflexes; they might be fast, but they've not shown them to be motion blur fast.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Open Source Idiom posted:

Vijay's displayed powers were super reflexes and the ability to recocoon himself, neither of which Aida has demonstrated.

I mean, sure, he was probably able to heals himself while in that cocoon, but that's not how Aida's abilities have manifested. Same with her reflexes; they might be fast, but they've not shown them to be motion blur fast.

But they did collect (harvest? ) his power in the VR world, so she probably has that one too.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

AbstractNapper posted:

But they did collect (harvest? ) his power in the VR world, so she probably has that one too.

Did they? I may have missed that, but I didn't recall seeing it. She also may have only picked certain powers. The regeneration as we saw it was not like any person we've seen so far though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I couldn't think of anything that fit with a D and just went with the first thing I thought of :geno:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So thrilled Ghostrider is back! I look forward to some sweet fire chain action.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Digital Jedi posted:

This. He's finally gone full rider during his absence, he's got a place to put his chain and everything!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

AbstractNapper posted:

Stunt Rock posted:

Did they? I may have missed that, but I didn't recall seeing it. She also may have only picked certain powers. The regeneration as we saw it was not like any person we've seen so far though.

Yeah, AN's right, they did.

I'll laugh really hard if the season ends with Ophelia sitting on the ocean floor, just like Vijay, going through the cocooning process.

Even better if she's right next to the dude.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm so glad the vengeance demon is back from Hell to destroy the evil robot made human and her android Russian army.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vijay will show up with new best buds Gravitron and Deathlok to defeat Aida.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I legit laughed out loud at

"There's only room in my heart...for her."
"Wut?"

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Phylodox posted:

"Wut?"

I loved that fake-out and everything that followed. Aida handling relationship issues by destroying people and property is a CW show for the rest of us.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Phylodox posted:

"Wut?"

I knew it was coming and I still laughed. Also Fitz trying to backtrack like "HEY REMEMBER THAT FEELING OF EMPATHY" :lol:

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i miss ward.

dude who plays fitz still carries the entire emotional weight of the cast's experiences one scene at a time

show is good as hell

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Stunt Rock posted:

He was the inhuman that Daisy was forced to interrogate and was Ward's secret connection to the resistance. I don't know for sure that the regeneration/immortal powers are his but they definitely set up for his powers to be in Aida's set and for Fitz and May to know that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Yeah, I read a thing a while back that said GR was done on the show. I guess they were wrong. I'm glad he's coming back but I really want the next episode to show Talbot and crew running back into the room and encountering him in person as they just heard the machine kick on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Yeah, I read a thing a while back that said GR was done on the show. I guess they were wrong. I'm glad he's coming back but I really want the next episode to show Talbot and crew running back into the room and encountering him in person as they just heard the machine kick on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghost Rider doesn't make a ton of sense to keep around fulltime but its great to bring him back at the end of the season to tie this whole Darkholde thing together. Even though its been three stories they've all basically been about that book and magic so GR helping clean it up works.

Next he should show up in Doctor Strange 2 with Wesley Snipes.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Aida's regeneration could be from that explodey guy they put in the pokeball, maybe. I'm surprised that she was able to get shot, though, I'd have figured melty-dude's anti-bullet power would've been there for sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The powers she has are apparently from the Framework Inhumans, not the real world ones, so she could theoretically have any power they want.

But like they made a point to show us (a) Vijay cocooning in the real world and (b) being captured by Hydra and taken off by Fitz in the Framework so it seems like some pretty clear foreshadowing with the way Fitz and May responded.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Is the finale going to be 2 hours?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is the finale going to be 2 hours?

No. This was the first half of the finale.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

The powers she has are apparently from the Framework Inhumans, not the real world ones, so she could theoretically have any power they want.

But like they made a point to show us (a) Vijay cocooning in the real world and (b) being captured by Hydra and taken off by Fitz in the Framework so it seems like some pretty clear foreshadowing with the way Fitz and May responded.

I just realized, sure we were all expect Vijay to come out of his ocean bottom cocoon perfectly fine and dandy despite being shot. And now we've seen Daisy come out of a cocoon looking great after getting the poo poo beat out of her, so theory confirmed.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 21: The Return

http://i.imgur.com/Dg3Sy3H.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/tMblris.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/UrhTVWz.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/TvQ0eme.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/TQmbD9d.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/42goLMy.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ORbzE96.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/6aUzQ4s.gifv

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Can I request a gif of the Aida hero moment? We had some good times, too :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Can I request a gif of the Aida hero moment? We had some good times, too :smith:

She was so happy :unsmith:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So good. I want more.

I'm a little sad that happy, helpful Ophelia only lasted, what, 10 minutes?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Oh yeah, forgot those.

http://i.imgur.com/mSdihDG.gifv
:unsmith:

http://i.imgur.com/4KPSRd5.gifv
:smith:

Also, I just realized that May going crazy with the hammer is likely a homage to the Hammer Girl from The Raid 2. :allears:

EDIT: Okay that first one cut off a lot earlier than I thought, fixed.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 11, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PunkBoy posted:

Also, I just realized that May going crazy with the hammer is likely a homage to the Hammer Girl from The Raid 2. :allears:

Holy poo poo. That's exactly it. I can't believe I didn't make the connection.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Ophelia awakening as basically "the Born Sexy Yesterday trope, but also a Super-Skrull" was pretty :stare: to see happen.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

Season 4, Episode 21: The Return
http://i.imgur.com/6aUzQ4s.gifv

:getin:

My wife saw him and was like, "ugh, that guy again?

:(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did they tweak his skull design?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

:sever:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

Did they tweak his skull design?

It looked more clearly CG to me.

• Locked thread