Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

pulsor93 posted:

On another note, is there a way to multi-quote here outside of constantly opening new tabs for each quote and cutting and pasting?

if its within the last 40 posts, clicking "quote" on the post screen will append that post to your post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
The taunt only makes the machines more relatable. Who wouldn't get pissed off by some goth android lady turning a flashlight on and off in their face?

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
Man, it's neat to actually be able to catch one of these threads for once. I've been in a NieR mood all week.
I got through Ending A this morning and I'm sitting on some pretty stupid fanart ideas of some things we haven't quite gotten to yet.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Morbi posted:

Man, it's neat to actually be able to catch one of these threads for once. I've been in a NieR mood all week.
I got through Ending A this morning and I'm sitting on some pretty stupid fanart ideas of some things we haven't quite gotten to yet.

As a big fan of both this game and Poppy, I really look forward to seeing these fanart ideas if you actually draw them when the LP is far enough.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

I just tried equipping that chip and it didn't say dick. It did, however, unannounced go straight into the clusterfuck of a tutorial section with every other tutorial ever unlocked all unsorted. gently caress that. Platinum ain't getting a pass on its poo poo documentation with that garbage. Get it to-loving-gether, Platinum. Cavia was better at tutorials than you. Cavia should not be better at you than anything.

It's not like a new thing to Automata either. Platinum historically suck at tutorials and this game is just another in that chain of bad tutorial games.

Though it's worth going close up to the weakness on the poo poo snake enemies and unloading your pod into them rather than hanging back if you wanna take em out easy if only because less shot travel time is higher damage per second and more likely to hit.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I actually had some pretty decent success using the missiles against the snakes, though this was after upgrading them a couple of times. They home in on the weak point reasonably well.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
They're learning exponentially! Before you know it they'll have built on their experiences with pants to also don magnificent hats and then the world is doomed!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Glazius posted:

They're learning exponentially! Before you know it they'll have built on their experiences with pants to also don magnificent hats and then the world is doomed!

Before you know it they'll be posting on SA!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Qrr posted:

I actually had some pretty decent success using the missiles against the snakes, though this was after upgrading them a couple of times. They home in on the weak point reasonably well.

By that point the game might as well be over for how scarce the materials are in normal play. Upgrading pods is not a viable solution to the snakes for the time they remain a threat.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Elkyrie posted:

N'aww, old man Pascal is adorable as heck :kimchi:
I can see him sitting around a campfire with the kidbots tellin' stories of his time before the village or something.

Grampa Pascal would have been a much better choice, I'm kind of sad they didn't go with that.

Woodbeam
Dec 30, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

On the downside, that’s the same building we have to climb to reach our flight units. Maybe if we’re very quiet we can sneak past that Engels Goliath and active the flight units before it takes noti—

This is late but, I managed to get to the flight units without triggering Engels bursting into the building somehow. I went up the elevator shaft instead of the stairs though.

The game acted like I'd fought that first Engels, but I never did and the building remained relatively undamaged.

mazloum
Mar 29, 2016
Welp. I just got through Ending B and the early hours of path C. gently caress this game. ; _ ;

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Excellent job so far. I can't wait to see the rest of the LP.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 10, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let's try to not foreshadow too much where things might or might not happen, we'll get there when we get there.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha, I got probated for doing exactly this in the last Nier LP. I guess it's not an entirely bad thing that I haven't been able to get this game yet.

GOI
Aug 26, 2015
okay so the machines are wining this war if they are able to overcome the dreaded Cutscene Zone death

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't help but wonder that if they had impaled eve when he first popped out, would a third dickless humanoid machine have popped out from him?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i can't help but wonder that if they had impaled eve when he first popped out, would a third dickless humanoid machine have popped out from him?

Nah, Eve's only got a turtle.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Zomborgon posted:

Nah, Eve's only got a turtle.

So Eve is Jeb Bush?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

SirPhoebos posted:

EDIT2: Also, Inuart's price pact is known well in advance. Unlike Veredelt's. While I doubt it would have been as impactful as the Watchers reveal, it was probably worth a few laughs.

Can somebody remind me what Inuart's pact price was? I'd like to say his dignity but he clearly had none beforehand.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Omobono posted:

Can somebody remind me what Inuart's pact price was? I'd like to say his dignity but he clearly had none beforehand.

I wanna say it was 'any and all iota of common sense left', but I don't think such a thing ever existed in the Drakengard universe.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Omobono posted:

His musical ability, I believe.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

Omobono posted:

The ability to sing, i.e.: the one thing he was remotely any "good" at in-universe.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Omobono posted:

His musical skill. Pre-pact he was """"super good"""" but afterward he couldn't play for poo poo.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
"Welcome to a world without song" is still a pretty good line.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rainuwastaken posted:

"Welcome to a world without song" is still a pretty good line.

Yeah, Caim had to go to an entire other universe in order to get the rhythm game

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
I've always wondered how that works, exactly. Would Inuart's throat close up entirely whenever he tries to sing, or does he just sound like a huge off-key rear end in a top hat?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Morbi posted:

I've always wondered how that works, exactly. Would Inuart's throat close up entirely whenever he tries to sing, or does he just sound like a huge off-key rear end in a top hat?

It's magic. It doesn't have to explain jack.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I never thought about this before, but does this mean Caim was still able to sing? I mean, he lost the ability to speak, but that appears to be an entirely different thing. Caim singing his intentions through the entirety of the original Drakengard would have been great.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I never thought about this before, but does this mean Caim was still able to sing? I mean, he lost the ability to speak, but that appears to be an entirely different thing. Caim singing his intentions through the entirety of the original Drakengard would have been great.

I mean, apparently he could still laugh, so who knows?

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Materant posted:

I mean, apparently he could still laugh, so who knows?

I like to imagine that was more of some rasping grunt. Ever hear something with the hole in their throat? When they laugh it's... unsettling.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

I can't get Cain singing and dancing his way through drakengard out of my head now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hell that's even plausible, there's all sorts of stories of people who couldn't speak for whatever reason but who could sing.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Now I'm just imagining this but with Caim and random Empire soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA&t=15s

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I'm pretty sure that Caim could not sing. Really, when we look at pacts overall Caim got a pretty poo poo deal (though Leonard got worse). Verdelet lost his hair, Inuart lost a subset of singing, Seere lost aging (though that's a worse deal for Seere than it would have been for Caim). And then you have the Drakengard 2 losers who lost, like, charm and stuff. Basically pact prices aren't very even.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Seere's pact price was surviving long enough to experience Drakengard 2 firsthand.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

Qrr posted:

And then you have the Drakengard 2 losers who lost, like, charm and stuff.

I don't know what they were going on about with that whole "Hanch gave up her charm" nonsense, frankly. She seemed like a real fun gal to me.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Morbi posted:

I don't know what they were going on about with that whole "Hanch gave up her charm" nonsense, frankly. She seemed like a real fun gal to me.

She became oily and surly.

...huh, maybe she just went through puberty and everyone was like "oh my gosh it must be a pact price!"

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Qrr posted:

She became oily and surly.

...huh, maybe she just went through puberty and everyone was like "oh my gosh it must be a pact price!"

Oily, surly
Aparently foul smelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Squidtentacle posted:

Now I'm just imagining this but with Caim and random Empire soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA&t=15s

Great, now I want Drakengard: The Musical The Stage.

• Locked thread