Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also as a lol I should say im' in a nerd IT program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm liking the net admin over the loving sysadmin bullshit group policy poo poo what should i do

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Open your heart to our lord and savior Jesus Christ and let his light shine through your good deeds, HCT.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Open your heart to our lord and savior Jesus Christ and let his light shine through your good deeds, HCT.

is that some sort of endorsement for suicide or a joke about being delusional

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

is that some sort of endorsement for suicide or a joke about being delusional

It was coming from a stoned Jew, so the salt grain it should be taken with is rather large I'm afraid.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

All but one of the suits I own I purchased when I was 50lbs heavier so they all look like I'm a kid wearing my dad's clothes now.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Mr. Nice! posted:

All but one of the suits I own I purchased when I was 50lbs heavier so they all look like I'm a kid wearing my dad's clothes now.

This is along the lines of my problem right now, 6' at a lean 240+ makes buying regular clothes an enormous pain in the rear end if I want anything that isn't a shmedium or a circus tent. Suit shopping turns that up to the nth degree where I can get the shoulders to fit but the arms are hosed, plus the amount of material a tailor is going to have to remove to get a tapered fit is ridiculous. I figure once I stabilize at maybe 250ish I'll just go for bespoke and be done with it.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

This is along the lines of my problem right now, 6' at a lean 240+ makes buying regular clothes an enormous pain in the rear end if I want anything that isn't a shmedium or a circus tent. Suit shopping turns that up to the nth degree where I can get the shoulders to fit but the arms are hosed, plus the amount of material a tailor is going to have to remove to get a tapered fit is ridiculous. I figure once I stabilize at maybe 250ish I'll just go for bespoke and be done with it.

Even a high end store like Brooks Brothers or John Varvatos with a tailor on staff has a hard time with that since suits are designed for skinny twinks or fatties. Bespoke is the way to go, even if it costs money. I found bespoke prices to be actually reasonable, especially whrn compared to a high end store, plus you get to choose everything. The fit and look will be much better in the shoulders, traps, chest and waist. Moving up or down sizes to fit one will throw off the other so much and the tailors can only do so much to accomodate.

Spending money sucks but if you are going to buy something for a serious occasion it's better to make sure it fits well and you don't look like poo poo.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

psydude posted:

I mean yeah for normal day to day internal stuff, but if you ever do anything customer-facing (sales, consulting, or management) expect to be throwing on a sport coat over those jeans at a minimum, if not a casual suit with no tie.

I never got the IT nerd resistance to dressing up when appropriate. Spend money to buy well fitting clothing and it's just as comfortable as jeans.

We're mostly socially retarded, but more so silicon valley kind of dictates the dress code these days. It's shorts, hoodies, and bringing your dog to work. When I talked with Amazon one of thier requirements was having a cool dog to bring with you to work.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

i'm liking the net admin over the loving sysadmin bullshit group policy poo poo what should i do
Anything with the word CYBER is the hot poo poo right now.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Networking tends to pay far better because fewer people focus on it. You end up having to do a fair amount with Linux/BSD and AD anyway no matter where you are in IT.

Security and software defined networking are the two most lucrative fields within IT infrastructure services right now, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lean 240 at 6'? You're either loving jacked or you're fat.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm 6'2" and 240 and lol @ being lean. I combine a healthy amount of muscles with a prominent beer gut that I'm tucking in, and a solid badonkadonk.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its possible to be a lean 240 at 6', but you gotta be loving jacked to be there. If you're a roided out monster, my apologies for calling you fat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cain Velasquez, Stipe Miocic, Junior Dos Santos, and Fabricio Werdum are all guys 6'2-6'4 that weigh in the 230-240 ballpark for fights and are lean.

Roy Nelson is 6' and weighs around 250 for his fights.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Food costs would kill you. Eating is a full time job at that point. I went up to 5' 10 215 playing rugby and getting bigger ceased to be fun.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
jesus 5'10 215 is big as gently caress

I was 180 at 5'10, but hell it was all fat, and god I felt gross as gently caress

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I'm a type 1 diabetic so I cheated. I was the biggest white boy on the team and still smaller than the islanders.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm 185 at 5'11" and I'm chiseled out of marble

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its possible to be a lean 240 at 6', but you gotta be loving jacked to be there. If you're a roided out monster, my apologies for calling you fat.

I'm looking to crack the state powerlifting records with my openers in about a year, so yeah. I don't eat super clean but I lift around 8 hours a week and do cardio for about 3.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm looking to crack the state powerlifting records with my openers in about a year, so yeah. I don't eat super clean but I lift around 8 hours a week and do cardio for about 3.

Nice!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Username post combo.

I don't know how I'd react to something like that but it would probably be incredulous or ask if they like talking out of their face or something. I'm not friendly anymore.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
Since I quit drinking every day a couple years back, I dropped from 190 to 165 and can't gain any weight because I don't like eating constantly or lifting heavy things. I'm 6'1 and my body type is Timothy McVeigh.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
drat dude, even 190 at 6'1" isn't large. I'm just over that at 185 with a target of 177

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've actually been losing weight by smoking pot.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

I've actually been losing weight by smoking pot.

you're doing it wrong

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It wasn't a joke. I've actually lost 15 pounds since I've gotten out.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
🙄

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I started smoking and stopped taking a shitload of medication that was causing me to be lethargic and eat shittily and dip all the time. Smoking weed actually gave me more energy and made me want to eat good food instead of shoppette stuff. While doing more for the pain than the meds ever did and more. Plus I didn't feel like dying.

I was on 4 OxyContin, 4 tramadol, 4 flexiril daily.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Holy poo poo, y'all don't gently caress around with your commencement ceremonies

:stare:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Soulex posted:

I started smoking and stopped taking a shitload of medication that was causing me to be lethargic and eat shittily and dip all the time. Smoking weed actually gave me more energy and made me want to eat good food instead of shoppette stuff. While doing more for the pain than the meds ever did and more. Plus I didn't feel like dying.

I was on 4 OxyContin, 4 tramadol, 4 flexiril daily.

Jesus Christ, I think I'd die in my sleep just from the flexeril. That and cyclobenzoprine are two things that are guaranteed to provoke profound apneic episodes. After a single dose to zonk me out I'd wake up the next day groggy through half the day and completely lethargic, plus the worst splitting headaches I've ever felt outside of a genuine vomit-inducing migraine.

gently caress both of those meds, told my PA he could eat my rear end if he thought I was ever touching those again.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy poo poo, y'all don't gently caress around with your commencement ceremonies

:stare:

Never been to one, what was so :stare: about it?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

congratulations

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Never been to one, what was so :stare: about it?

Yeah, mine was pretty normal: speech by the president and provost, a guest speaker, and then the reading of everyone's names and the degree they received.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I guess I just didn't expect the scale of it, despite knowing the size of the college.

And it's not even a big school with just under 30k student.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I think different schools do it differently, too. Mine was small enough that we did the entire graduating class, including undergrad, grad, law, and MBA students. Larger universities will sometimes do it by program or individual​ college.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My school has 1000 undergrads. So like 300 people graduating max each semester.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We have around 12,000 and they split ours up. A couple of the colleges in the morning, the other three including mine in the afternoon.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Probably stupid compared to most but I pick up my AAS for Information Systems on monday. :woop: I'm also getting a 1 year cert for both Network/Security and SysAd. I'm already taking classes for the undergrad but it :feelsgood:.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Jesus Christ, I think I'd die in my sleep just from the flexeril. That and cyclobenzoprine are two things that are guaranteed to provoke profound apneic episodes. After a single dose to zonk me out I'd wake up the next day groggy through half the day and completely lethargic, plus the worst splitting headaches I've ever felt outside of a genuine vomit-inducing migraine.

gently caress both of those meds, told my PA he could eat my rear end if he thought I was ever touching those again.

Yeah I told my doc at the VA that I smoke pot and I am not touching that poo poo again like before. I have it around in case I have a very bad day and I actually need the meds, but I take 1. Never two.

I felt so bad all day.

"Weren't you high?"

You transcend feeling good and it's just a miserable numb hot flashy cold sweaty blob with no energy. Like my dick stopped working sometimes trying to get it up. I'm not but 30. If it's not the whiskey, it's a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Cyclobenzoprine is Flexeril.