Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Sunswipe posted:

As you wish.

You just helped me figure out how to block specific elements in uBlock, thanks! Hint: hit the eye dropper button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: a game that wouldn’t probably be made by a big studio

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Nyt doxxed cliffordakamiku

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/star-citizen-patcher-2-5-0/158639 apparently the new patcher has an option to limit bandwidth.

But reading through the patcher notes, most of the improvements were on what music it plays.

What a game.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Popping into the thread to let you all knoq that it is almost two days until the firat year anniversary of The Star Citizen Checker, I received a message from Chris Robert's private Zune that a release may happen in two days to celebrate the occasion

God bless

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Yeah, I'm sure EA would turn down a project with a big fat check of 150 million. No sane publisher would break their greedy, DLC/micro transaction based mold for such chump change.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

quote:

“Getting to learn the process of game development, communicate with the developers and ask questions directly to the best in the field is a very rare opportunity,” Mr. Slattery said.
(bold emphasis mine)
And you can do none of these things with Star Citizen, whereas you can do all or most of those in many other crowdfunded projects.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Nyt doxxed cliffordakamiku

Wasn't going to mention it, but yes. Miku's name is now public domain.

Edit: "I am very passionate in improving myself not only through work but also through the Lord’s Prayer and Guidance that I've accomplished so much thanks to him." - and your mother. Rude.

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 10, 2017

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hahahahaha

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That NYT article used a photo of Chris next to a garage door for some reason.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

That NYT article used a photo of Chris next to a garage door for some reason.

Well, someone has to hold it up.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shouldn't it say "more than $40,000" instead of $15,000?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:ohdear:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Beexoffel posted:

I did my part.

An acquaintance asked: "You play Star Citizen, right? I'm considering trying it."
I said, "Hahaha! No." He probably confused with me mentioning I play Elite: Dangerous. Then I listed him some traits of SC and pointed him to the OP of this thread.
He said he had a good laugh and is now happily playing Eve Online.

Lies. No one "happily" plays Eve. You have to be sort of a masochist just to hit OK on the installer.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

The Titanic posted:

Since we're enjoying cute girls in pools, figured I'd do some modeling for you all.

Doing what I do best! :)

drat ship, I like the way you go down. Taking all that load of seamen with you.....

.....and the violin players, and mainly Leonardo DiCaprio.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well, someone has to hold it up.

"I'm casual, look, I'm standing casual. This is how I stand casually, when I don't have a care in the world. Have you seen our door?"

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

That's him, with the vocaloid

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6aek0o/video_game_raised_148_million_from_fans_now_its/dhdwnh8/

:eyepop:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

That guy sounds real mad. Mad about video games.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
maybe chris will do a nyt missive rant thing now

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

Meridian posted:

That guy sounds real mad. Mad about video games.

[removed]

[removed]

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's a shame The Letter talked about in that AMD story never came up.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

So the youngsters are using 'vaping' as a pejorative now?

It's hard to keep up, they were 'mongs' back in the day.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

quote:

quote:

Nellistos posted:

[removed]

[removed]

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

MOVED TO CONCERN

:tif:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The title makes it sound like the article is critical, it isn't. NYT pulled a buzzfeed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm still chuckling over the massive graphic that leads the article. Where the gently caress did that come from?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

DarkRefreshment posted:

Lies. No one "happily" plays Eve. You have to be sort of a masochist just to hit OK on the installer.

I'll tell him the honeymoon won't last...

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

The Titanic posted:

Since we're enjoying cute girls in pools, figured I'd do some modeling for you all.

Doing what I do best! :)

We salute your going down skills.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I find it hilarious Chris talks about how he is happy a big evil corporation isn't making star citizen , then the article lists the 4 studios and 400 people Chris has hired

And he name drops mojang as his inspiration to make a great game , The game made by one nerd in his basement and then sold for 2.5 billion to big publisher

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

big nipples big life posted:

The title makes it sound like the article is critical, it isn't. NYT pulled a buzzfeed.

Yeah. My guess is that it was massively cut down for public consumption, because from inside the labyrinthine turdmaze that is the Star Citizen Saga it's probably hard to figure out how to get it across to normal human beings.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Wise Learned Man posted:

Yeah. My guess is that it was massively cut down for public consumption, because from inside the labyrinthine turdmaze that is the Star Citizen Saga it's probably hard to figure out how to get it across to normal human beings.

One cannot. Their printing presses couldn't print the entirety of the July blog fast enough.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Mods please change my name to obsessed hatefull vaping fucktard.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's not a bad article , They touch on the bloat of too much money a lot , and Chris traps himself a few times by saying they will never accept outside funding (what happens now if it's revealed he's had outside funding)?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
that feel when the patcher takes up 20% of your CPU usage idling.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maybe I'm just cynical but the whole Mojang thing read to me like Failed Hollywood exec who once made video games sees Notch make loads of cash selling an unfinished game and wants in on the action.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Star Citizen: anything else that came from the game was a bonus.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Maybe I'm just cynical but the whole Mojang thing read to me like Failed Hollywood exec who once made video games sees Notch make loads of cash selling an unfinished game and wants in on the action.

It seemed like a silly thing to want quoted in an article about you anyways , when the focus is on how much money you've made and there is no game to show for it ... why highlight how greedy you are by showing you just want a B instead of.an M

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Posting on a good page. [1111]

:four:

But isn't this exactly what happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Delay a commando's dream for 3 years, no one bats an eye. Threaten to destroy a dream, everyone loses their minds.