Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

It's a shame this man does not get the riches or recognition he has earned.

Also, in regards to White People using Black Slang, I'd like it on record that having a subreddit dedicated to Black People Twitter was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

wait, do you actually get another copy of the belt for every successful defense? imagine the grim future where ufc champions are hunted by professional assassins to harvest what precious little gold remains to make electronics with.

Theyre not really made of gold

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'm imagining it and it's so funny to think about

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Forceholy posted:

I'd like it on record that having a subreddit dedicated to Black People Twitter was a mistake.

there's actual twitter accounts out there that are white right-wingers pretending to be black people that tweet menacing and racist things with like BLM hashtags and stuff and it's so painfully obvious they're not black. They even have a ridiculous playbook:

some racist gently caress posted:

Decide whether you want to be male or female. Female is easier, in terms of trolling, though it might be a hard character to play.

If you’re not feeling creative, you can just use a standard name like “Shay,” “Malita,” “Jay” or “Mike.” You can also just make up random stuff like “Jinky Slip,” “Flex Fist” or “Goldie T.” You can also use a funny black name like “D’Arnell” or “Shanika.”

(from here: https://angrywhitemen.org/2016/12/14/andrew-anglin-wants-you-to-believe-he-has-thousands-of-fake-black-person-accounts-on-twitter/)

i'll go ahead and say we're pretty far afield of UFC stuff at this point though so maybe PM me if you want to make fun of white people some more :)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is Malita a standard name somewhere?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

cis autodrag posted:

there's actual twitter accounts out there that are white right-wingers pretending to be black people that tweet menacing and racist things with like BLM hashtags and stuff and it's so painfully obvious they're not black. They even have a ridiculous playbook:

(from here: https://angrywhitemen.org/2016/12/14/andrew-anglin-wants-you-to-believe-he-has-thousands-of-fake-black-person-accounts-on-twitter/)

i'll go ahead and say we're pretty far afield of UFC stuff at this point though so maybe PM me if you want to make fun of white people some more :)

By the ember of mobn this human being(bundle of sticks not the illegal kind) is kindled

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

cis autodrag posted:

I hope one day MM has enough belts that he will need to hire a private security guard to stay with his dozens of belts at all times.

I want MM to go everywhere draped in a comical number of belts like Shonie Carter used to (or still does maybe?) with his regional belts

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

chaleski posted:

I want MM to go everywhere draped in a comical number of belts like Shonie Carter used to (or still does maybe?) with his regional belts

Of course Shonie would do that. "Hey guys, have I showed you my county fair chili cookoff ribbons lately? I've got one from every county in Nebraska."

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

Theyre not really made of gold

It's gold plated but not solid gold.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's gold plated but not solid gold.

Next you're going to tell me the strap is pleather.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
drat sounds like shonie carter has a personality as large as the cage looks when Mighty Mouse stands in it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

JaySB posted:

Would you say that it's on fleek?

:vomits into a bucket labeled "Hot Fire to Spit":

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

cis autodrag posted:

Next you're going to tell me the strap is pleather.

What if I told you championships below 155 don't count?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Nierbo posted:

What if I told you championships below 155 don't count?

i would counter that championships above 155 don't count.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
You better not be talking poo poo about my boy the S type.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

i would counter that championships above 155 don't count.

It's 170. 170 is the last good division before the wastelands.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Benevidez has pulled out of UFC Auckland due to injury. Hopefully my boy Kai Kara-France can get a look in, he's been campaigning hard to get on that show.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Memento posted:

Benevidez has pulled out of UFC Auckland due to injury. Hopefully my boy Kai Kara-France can get a look in, he's been campaigning hard to get on that show.

Kai and Ben would be a sick fight

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

Rumors that UFC signed Gokhan Saki. Crazy

huuuhhhh thats real odd

does he still train with moose?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Cejudo/Pettis looks to be off

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/862453197490847749

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

goddamn it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lame

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Cejudo injured his hand. David Branch vs. Kryzyzskszykszytof Jotko is on the main card now.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Cejudo injured his hand. David Branch vs. Kryzyzskszykszytof Jotko is on the main card now.

still a cool fight

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aww, watching another pettis get beat up would have been cool.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
yo this is pretty badass

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/05/jessica-penne-first-ufc-athlete-flagged-for-potential-doping-violation-following-biological-passport-review

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
whats a biological passport?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

whats a biological passport?

Basically they have a record of a bunch of biological variables and they track changes over time for anything suspicious that would indicate PED use. Especially PEDs that are hard to test for through normal methods

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
that's interesting, can you pop someone if you never actually find it in their system just based on those changes?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Skip My Posts posted:

that's interesting, can you pop someone if you never actually find it in their system just based on those changes?

Her sample was initially deemed to be negative but they noticed an irregularity on the biological passport that indicated to them that they should test the sample further, and then they detected a banned substance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

manyak posted:

Basically they have a record of a bunch of biological variables and they track changes over time for anything suspicious that would indicate PED use. Especially PEDs that are hard to test for through normal methods

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Her sample was initially deemed to be negative but they noticed an irregularity on the biological passport that indicated to them that they should test the sample further, and then they detected a banned substance.

That is really loving cool.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Is it.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Its cool in some ways and not cool in other ways.. sorry but thats how I feel

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

That is really loving cool.

The arms race of drug cheating and drug testing is fascinating, there was a long SI article on it when Lance Armstrong unraveled. Not sure if USADA does it, but i know pro cycling will store blood & urine samples for a few years for re-testing, in case future testing methods are able to detect cutting edge drugs that are undetectable now.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Isn't it pretty well understood that microdosing evades tests and looks steady enough on bio passport?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Choi vs Fili at UFC 214 in Anaheim on deck

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/the-korean-superboy-doo-ho-choi-faces-andre-fili-at-ufc-214-051017

Edit:

Never mind that poo poo, we got Tim Elliott vs Benny Ngyuen!

http://www.ufc.com/news/Elliott-replaces-injured-Benavidez-against-Nguyen

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 11, 2017

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Second last Alpha Male (Psi Male?) gonna get hosed up.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hey all, I'm just a kid from Jersey trying to follow my dream and make it to the big time and hell, I just got offered 11/11 by the UFC. All I need to do now is work hard, train with the best, and provide them with a five year supply of urine, semen, blood, hair, skin, etc.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey all, I'm just a kid from Jersey trying to follow my dream and make it to the big time and hell, I just got offered 11/11 by the UFC. All I need to do now is work hard, train with the best, and provide them with a five year supply of urine, semen, blood, hair, skin, etc.

Another reason to choose programming for a career -- no piss tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The gently caress? Anderson is out of 212?

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/05/anderson-silva-posts-cryptic-message-out-of-ufc-212

• Locked thread