Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
grid is looking cool, hope i can get the premiere skin some other way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LLJKSiLk posted:

The only thing that bothers me (comic book logic hurrr) is that every character on the roster has a reason to be there justified by the comics except for Joker. Was Joker really that popular of a character in the last game?

Shazam is dead, Sinestro is obviously gone because Green Lantern has a back story that explains the return of the corps, Green Arrow/Black Canary/Dr. Fate are there via comics,

I want to say Joker did something to Scarecrow leading up to the last Injustice, but we get Robert Englund voicing him so I'm happy.

Why waste a slot on Joker?

Despite how often people say they're sick of him The Joker is by far the most popular supervillain in existence.

Also the Scarecrow in Injustice 2 is apparently not Jonathan Crane, the pre-fight dialogue has characters saying stuff like "Who is that beneath the mask?" Crane was killed off by the Joker early in Injustice.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

LLJKSiLk posted:

The only thing that bothers me (comic book logic hurrr) is that every character on the roster has a reason to be there justified by the comics except for Joker. Was Joker really that popular of a character in the last game?

Shazam is dead, Sinestro is obviously gone because Green Lantern has a back story that explains the return of the corps, Green Arrow/Black Canary/Dr. Fate are there via comics,

I want to say Joker did something to Scarecrow leading up to the last Injustice, but we get Robert Englund voicing him so I'm happy.

Why waste a slot on Joker?

You mean the 3rd most popular character after Batman and Superman? I guess because he's the third most popular character in all of DC comics.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I'm so disappointed that PG doesn't have a one-shoulder cape. Forget the boob window; that cape is literally the most iconic part of her costume.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Grid

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MrJacobs posted:

You mean the 3rd most popular character after Batman and Superman? I guess because he's the third most popular character in all of DC comics.

In terms of merchandise he and Harley might even be #1 and 2. Someone get Hot Topic on the line with some sales figures.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

ImpAtom posted:

Despite how often people say they're sick of him The Joker is by far the most popular supervillain in existence.

Also the Scarecrow in Injustice 2 is apparently not Jonathan Crane, the pre-fight dialogue has characters saying stuff like "Who is that beneath the mask?" Crane was killed off by the Joker early in Injustice.

On the other hand there's an intro between Joker and Scarecrow where Scarecrow is mad that Joker stole his fear toxin, implying that the characters speaking are Crane and the Injustice universe Joker. So it's hard to tell anything about the story from intros (like Batman saying that Joker is both a fear toxin hallucination and from another Earth)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Clearly is Cornelius Stirk taking over the Scarecrow mantle.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does anyone know how you upgrade a gear level in the mobile game? It's the only daily I have left.

Edit: you need to destroy a duplicate gear item for shards to upgrade others.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 10, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Clearly is Alfred revived from a Lazarus Pit, shut your face.

Edit:

"IT'S ME, WAYNE!"

"Aww son of a bitch."

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 10, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I hope there's a premium Joker skin so I can beat the poo poo out of Jared Leto.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

TwoPair posted:

I hope there's a premium Joker skin so I can beat the poo poo out of Jared Leto.

I just want premium classic costumes for every character. 1970s and 80s versions of everybody preferably looking like they are wearing a halloween costume due to the realistic graphics. Still pisses me off that only the Teen Titans characters got them in IJ1

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I want Gotham penguin but there is no penguin... yet...

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Arkham City had an Adam West classic 60s outfit option, complete with the white eyebrows on the mask. It actually looked pretty decent and I remember wearing it for a stretch and laughing at the cutscenes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cesar Romero Joker skin would be basically the most perfect thing.

Also, Golden Age premium skins. gently caress Hal, I want Alan Scott.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

After that stream all I can say is black adam is going to be a threat. He was already good at that new forward advancing string was the exact thing he was missing to move from good to great.

Brainiac, more than a bit disappointed a lot of the cool moves from the trailer turn out to be gear moves :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I missed the stream, what does Brainiac do?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Funky Valentine posted:

Cesar Romero Joker skin would be basically the most perfect thing.

There was a comic about what it would be like if Bane existed during the 1960's Batman show. What I'm saying is I want Snazzy Luchador Bane as a skin.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Found a video of the stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DJf5N8CkmQ

Black Adam's move effects are awesome but lmao he seriously looks so italian.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if there's any more 'special' shaders like this in the game

...Stephen King?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I love NRS. I remember when MK9 was released, there was a lot of weird little problems (button mapping) and balance issues (human Cyrax) but Injustice improved a few of the problems and then innovated with interactables. With every game they make, they improve so much and try so many cool features to keep pros and casuals hooked. It makes Capcom in the last few years look even worse. I cannot wait to see what they have planned next.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lol Robin has 100 more HP than Wonder Woman

EDIT: It might be tied to gear or something. Cheetah has more than Black Adam.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

Health is for balance, lore concerns be damned!

*ed*

As it stands, Superman has the lowest health in the game, because there is literally no aspect of the game Superman cannot compete or excel in. Ivy has some of the most health cause she's a 1 trick zoner.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

EDIT: It might be tied to gear or something. Cheetah has more than Black Adam.

oh, characters have different health values now? I forget if that was in the last game.

fadam posted:

Found a video of the stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DJf5N8CkmQ

Black Adam's move effects are awesome but lmao he seriously looks so italian.

lol I've been saying he looks like someone out of Goodfellas since I saw him, it's weird

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The tournament mode puts HP numbers on top of people's bars. It's actually pretty cool. The only other game I can think of that does that off the top of my head is that fantasy fighting game from Arc.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

DLC Inc posted:

oh, characters have different health values now? I forget if that was in the last game.

Its a first in NRS games. I am happy for it because it lets them play around more with movesets and how characters should work.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So in this video we learned:
Darkseid: 1400
Cheetah: 1200
Robin: 1150
WW: 1050

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

The tournament mode puts HP numbers on top of people's bars. It's actually pretty cool. The only other game I can think of that does that off the top of my head is that fantasy fighting game from Arc.

doesn't MVC3 do that too? I remember Akuma had the least amount of health because he's a tiny little man but has explosive power to the moon.

I'm extremely happy about this since it follows the same wavelength of that game wherein the most powerful characters had slightly lower healthpools to balance their highly bombastic power. Superman having 200 less health than Batman maybe doesn't make sense (I'm chalking it up to Kryptonite lol) but health values will definitely help in the long run towards a better balance depending on character archtypes and roles. I noticed Firestorm has less health to accentuate his high-zoning poo poo, most likely.

Darkseid has significantly higher health though, at 1400 lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lots of fighting games have different HP values for characters, but this and Battle Fantasia are the only two I can think of off the top of my head that show that value as a number in game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Darkseid da scrappiest dere iz

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

DLC Inc posted:

doesn't MVC3 do that too? I remember Akuma had the least amount of health because he's a tiny little man but has explosive power to the moon.

I'm extremely happy about this since it follows the same wavelength of that game wherein the most powerful characters had slightly lower healthpools to balance their highly bombastic power. Superman having 200 less health than Batman maybe doesn't make sense (I'm chalking it up to Kryptonite lol) but health values will definitely help in the long run towards a better balance depending on character archtypes and roles. I noticed Firestorm has less health to accentuate his high-zoning poo poo, most likely.

Darkseid has significantly higher health though, at 1400 lol

Darkseid has a lot of health but its also because his gameplan is very straightforward and without many tricks. Vs someone like Firestorm whose zoning already seems better straight up, and can get utterly savage with the trait.

In a fighting game you can think of health as more than just hitpoints, but rather your Mistake Meter. High health characters are allowed to make more mistakes, low health characters can't afford to make as many mistakes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wonder Woman is just made from clay or something she can't have that many hitpoints.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Traditionally a slow-rear end character will have more health because they're more likely to eat at least some hits while setting up their poo poo, so it's a way to keep the age-old video game problem of speed being the only thing that matters from popping up.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

I just want premium classic costumes for every character. 1970s and 80s versions of everybody preferably looking like they are wearing a halloween costume due to the realistic graphics. Still pisses me off that only the Teen Titans characters got them in IJ1

I'm not super mad (heh) about it but it's pretty weird that Superman had a dozen skins and the only one with trunks was Cyborg Superman

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

Ivy has some of the most health cause she's a 1 trick zoner.

Uh, she has a really good cross-up with her trait. She's a 2 trick zoner :colbert:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

Uh, she has a really good cross-up with her trait. She's a 2 trick zoner :colbert:

Don't really see how, always block direction ivy is facing and you will block all the shots from little plant buddy. Trait can't hit crossup.

Although that said, Ivy has hypothetically one of the most devastating corner games of all the characters. Trait to keep people from wanting to move, caltrops for the DoT, and super long safe on block hit strings to keep people in the caltrops/trait shots for massive chip damage.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

Don't really see how, always block direction ivy is facing and you will block all the shots from little plant buddy. Trait can't hit crossup.

Although that said, Ivy has hypothetically one of the most devastating corner games of all the characters. Trait to keep people from wanting to move, caltrops for the DoT, and super long safe on block hit strings to keep people in the caltrops/trait shots for massive chip damage.

I'm pretty sure the stream showed that the plant dude doesn't get blocked if it's behind you

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm pretty sure the stream showed that the plant dude doesn't get blocked if it's behind you

I just rewatched the ivy stream for the trait and dude just isn't blocking, it doesn't crossup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

I just rewatched the ivy stream for the trait and dude just isn't blocking, it doesn't crossup.

Cancelling my pre-order :(:(:(

• Locked thread