Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/diamond-dallas-page-dan-le-batard-monkey.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

“Monkey, who the hell do you think you’re talking to? I’m Positively Page! You think I’m going to sling your garbage? Unfuckingbelievable! gently caress you!” And he hangs up

Cote's reaction: https://twitter.com/samrogers88/status/849308139283525632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Oh my god I can't wait to listen to this

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Two points:

1. I've never heard Dan more angry than this debate about action movies

2. gently caress the haters, Hockey Guy Far Away From the Mic owns. Hang ten shaka brah

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

2. gently caress the haters, Hockey Guy Far Away From the Mic owns. Hang ten shaka brah

He is my favorite character. It's so stupid and it gets me every single time.

I love that if he wasn't far away from the mic that the character falls apart.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If you didn't listen live to the local hour you really missed out. Genuinely curious how long the podcast will be.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

If you didn't listen live to the local hour you really missed out. Genuinely curious how long the podcast will be.

poo poo, what happened?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Anals of History posted:

poo poo, what happened?

Used a lot of sound they dont have national clearence to, then remixed it with music. It was Francesa letting out a 7.5 second long "uhhhhhhhhhhhh".

They even joked and said the podcast was going to be 4 minutes long.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

It's 28 minutes long, some 15 minutes less than usual

I get not clearing music, but not clearing the Francesa sound, that's a new one

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

CBS likes to be a dick to ESPN.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Figures it's retaliation for ESPN banning people from showing up on non-ESPN stations (especially WFAN)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Terry Foster is retiring from 97.1, effective immediately

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gonna miss T Fos, and it's gonna be weird having an afternoon drive show without him after 13 years of Valenti and Foster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghcPbUyK-I4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7taXzVTILAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na9aV-LwlzY

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008
Why is Dan drinking out of a giant flask?

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ugh. Him and Mike were the perfect pair. I'm not a big fan of most of their other hosts, so I hope they go outside to find a replacement.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gonna be a radio shake up

https://twitter.com/dannykanell/status/857274506368483330

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Is that effective immediately? Russillo and Kannell goes on in ten minutes right?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

a neat cape posted:

Is that effective immediately? Russillo and Kannell goes on in ten minutes right?

Listening and it's immediate. Adnan is filling in and talked about it for a few minutes

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

bye Danny!

you were the worst!

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Maybe they can put something worthwhile in that slot again now. Kannell's an awful gasbag and if I never have to hear him talk about paying players again it'll be too soon. Can they get rid of Coachman while they're at it?

The only cut I've seen so far that I'm sad about is Jane McManus, I liked a lot of her work.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Sounds like TrueHoop is on indefinite hiatus. I'm more hurt over this than I'd like to admit.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Great week on LeBatard. The Adam West and Jeff Garlin segment was so much fun.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
How can we win these ZO2 big baller shoes?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Yo, DFW goons (or if you're curious and want to hear late-night weirdness via a stream)

Just a friendly reminder that late night Ticket starts tonight, so tune in at 8 for Coast to Coast, and then middle aged white dudes getting drunk and hitting on women.

ok_dirdel
Apr 27, 2003

Chieves posted:

Yo, DFW goons (or if you're curious and want to hear late-night weirdness via a stream)

Just a friendly reminder that late night Ticket starts tonight, so tune in at 8 for Coast to Coast, and then middle aged white dudes getting drunk and hitting on women.

http://www.theticket.com/

This is always an amazing listen. They're going again tonight, starting with a Norm power hour.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I live in killeen now and really miss DFW sports radio. I onlly really listened to The Fan but i'd take any of them here.

ok_dirdel
Apr 27, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I live in killeen now and really miss DFW sports radio. I onlly really listened to The Fan but i'd take any of them here.

I can imagine. For what it's worth, you can stream through the SportsDayTALK app, which is decent enough.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I started listening to the Russillo show now that Danny Kannell is gone and it's way better

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so espn just made it official

greeny's getting an espn morning show and trey wingo's replacing greeny

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why would they do that.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Why would they do that.

because the traditional sportscenter is useless now

this morning show is not gonna work

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They're all boring whitebread, so I'm not sure that they're doing much but delaying the inevitable at this point. The Mikes probably have the most bloated contracts there and no real alternatives to make that kinda scratch when they run out.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2017/05/bomani-jones-pablo-torre-host-new-show-espn/#.WRr0hkptsuE.twitter

* Bo & Pablo getting a show at noon starting in 2018
* Bo's dropping off HQ in June
* ESPN barely acknowledges that the revived Truehoop podcast is one of their own properties.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So who goes to HQ now? Maybe Domonique Foxworth?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oh poo poo. Foxworth has really proven hinself in hia short career so he is a great choice, but I don't know if he is willing to move to Miami (Dan will straight up retire before he leaves Miami).

Mina Kimes would be good too, she has great chemistry with all the weirdness that comes with the LeBatard family. Dark horse candidate: Guillermo.

The Bo and Pablo show is either going to be fantastic, or so terribly far up its own rear end.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I imagine it'd have to be someone already in Miami, so that's Stugotz and Izzy Gutierrez, and that's about it. ESPN's probably not going to pay anyone to relocate at this point. Also, I've been guessing that they'll spin down HQ eventually because Papi can't do this forever and Dan's only doing this to keep people employed. If the TV producers wind up gainfully employed through this new show, he gone.

Foxworth talked about the importance of getting a house in the D.C. area a couple of days ago, and he's got kids. I doubt he's going to move.

I think the Bo and Pablo show will be good. I like Bo a ton, but enjoy it more when he's got someone to play off of. Pablo will push him off center intellectually and culturally. Looking forward to this.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

And the new ESPN2 schedule has a rerun of Greeny's morning show from 10-1, so I'd think the Noon hour of Le Batard goes back to ESPNU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

So who goes to HQ now? Maybe Domonique Foxworth?

Stugotz

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike/status/864794225963151360

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Man, I love the Bud Grant garage sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007