Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Well, at least everyone's time got thoroughly wasted

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/862514472560324608

Mike Bohn posted:

UFC President Dana White tells FOX Sports in Australia that plans for Bisping vs. GSP are OFF. @YoelRomeroMMA gets the next title shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

Good. :colbert:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Well Clay loving Guida was on TUF tonight and that's enough to make up for all the bad news. He poured everyone's shots that were carefully and sanitarily filtered through his finger.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

LobsterMobster posted:

:bisonyes:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

As, Miesha Tate's new nose sure is.... something.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
If anyone should be allowed to do steroids it's Penne.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Yeah, he was threatening to retire if he didn't get an interim title fight against Yoel and Dana basically responded with go ahead and retire then, and now Yoel is fighting Bisping so that wasn't going to happen anyway

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Soon they can announce that Mc gregor vs Mayweather isnt happening either and then everything will be back to the sensible normal status quo (Romero beats Bisping then pops for steroids and retires and Bisping also retires and they do Derek brunson vs Vitor for the interim belt)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

LobsterMobster posted:

Good.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

manyak posted:

Soon they can announce that Mc gregor vs Mayweather isnt happening either and then everything will be back to the sensible normal status quo (Romero beats Bisping then pops for steroids and retires and Bisping also retires and they do Derek brunson vs Vitor for the interim belt)

:lol:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
GSP backed out because hes on steroids.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT7euv7Fda6/

Move to change Joanna's nickname to Boom Boom

LobsterMobster posted:

Well its good we got that steroid user GSP out of there. We need that upstanding Yoel to bring honour back to thahahahahahaja

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Romero is gonna get injured and Bobby knuckles will be the first Australian ufc champ.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
do silva vs gsp for a shot at the belt if all this poo poo is happening

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Lid posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT7euv7Fda6/

Move to change Joanna's nickname to Boom Boom

Are they saying boo or Boom?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Grem posted:

???

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I really wouldn't be surprised if this happens, Silva was complaining about how they had promised him a GSP fight

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Just make a GSP vs Silva 180lb catchweight superfight or something, both of those guys probably shouldn't be near a belt

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

chaleski posted:

Just make a GSP vs Silva 180lb catchweight superfight or something, both of those guys probably shouldn't be near a belt

I say the opposite.

They are much more viable as title contenders than literally everyone at light heavyweight after the top two. Move them both up to 205.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Work Friend Keven posted:

GSP backed out because hes on steroids.

What makes you think this other than that weird gut he's been sporting?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Please stay away, gsp

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I wanna see GSP knocked out again

the last time it happened was literally one of the all time great moments in MMA history

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Grem posted:

post pictures if you're gonna say this kind of thing

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Fartbox posted:

I wanna see GSP knocked out again

the last time it happened was literally one of the all time great moments in MMA history

Why? He's a very nice man. The only reason it was awesome the first time was because it was Serra and he was such an underdog.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Josuke Higashikata posted:

post pictures if you're gonna say this kind of thing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
gently caress it, if my nose got hosed up as badly as hers did by Nunes, I'd pay money to get it fixed as well. She was on Rogan's podcast and mentioned having breathing problems due to a deviated septum and he talked up having it corrected - after you retire. I assume there's no better way to get your septum re-deviated than being punched for money.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
All joking aside, this was the toughest fight of GSP's career, can you blame him if he flaked out?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was expecting Wanderlei 2 but this aint bad at all.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I was expecting Wanderlei 2 but this aint bad at all.

yeah, it's not like she got one of those weird skinny noses where you can see up their nostrils. it looks like a normal person's nose.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Screw GSP at this point. Everyone knew he was gonna drop the belt and duck Romero, but what a waste of time and also sucks for Jacare who probably wouldn't have taken a fight if Bisping v Romero was booked. It looks like Chael might have been right all along and GSP was teasing a return to stay in the news and keep his sponsors.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

tesilential posted:

Screw GSP at this point. Everyone knew he was gonna drop the belt and duck Romero, but what a waste of time and also sucks for Jacare who probably wouldn't have taken a fight if Bisping v Romero was booked. It looks like Chael might have been right all along and GSP was teasing a return to stay in the news and keep his sponsors.

GSP has some pretty obvious anxiety problems and it may be that as the date approached he realized he just couldn't do it anymore. As much as it sucks for some of the other guys in the division, I'd rather GSP didn't go in there unprepared or mentally unready and get hurt horribly.

Of course, until we hear from GSP himself about what happened we're all just conjecturing.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Anderson's temper tantrum was about him not being the one to fight GSP. Wonder if that's the fight they're making?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Imo Yoel is nowhere near as bad a matchup for Bisping as is being said. Bisping has the toughness to weather the storm and the pressure and cardio to run circles around Yoel. I see romero having some crazy moments with Bisping winning a decision.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Gay Horney posted:

Imo Yoel is nowhere near as bad a matchup for Bisping as is being said. Bisping has the toughness to weather the storm and the pressure and cardio to run circles around Yoel. I see romero having some crazy moments with Bisping winning a decision.

It is possible and it would be Bisping's most legit and least questionable win of his title career yeah, but I still see Yoel doing his One Weird Trick and putting Bisping away.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

willie_dee posted:

What makes you think this other than that weird gut he's been sporting?

Kept talking about James "the colossus" Thompson.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Aging champions meeting well after they are relevant? At last, the UFC is a real combat sport.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKcv-yF_YTw

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

manyak posted:

yes

Bluedeanie posted:

It is possible and it would be Bisping's most legit and least questionable win of his title career yeah, but I still see Yoel doing his One Weird Trick and putting Bisping away.

yep because while Romero is a weird slow fighter he can get the KO at anytime across 5 rounds, and Bisping gets hurt real bad in pretty much all of his fights, so it's gonna happen just by the odds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

whats a biological passport?

i have one :-] basically you go in and do blood tests and they cross reference them with any doping controls you undertake to check for abnormalities. its about as strict as testing gets but its still not perfect. still im a big fan of it. i have to respect the ufc for doing it

• Locked thread