Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
TTS is a free for all lawless land. The way it's set up there really is no rule enforcement, it's just a mod someone made for TTS. There is no matchmaking, you either put up a room and wait for someone to join or you join a room already up.

That being said, I play with mostly random people on TTS and I've had mostly positive experiences. I don't think I've ever run into a person that straight didn't know the rules. There have been a few instances of certain card interactions having to be explained, especially with the new set, but for the most part things go pretty smooth. It's a great platform for testing out new ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Hauki posted:

Secondly, any other communities, fansites, etc I should check out? Mostly I've just looked at swdestiny.com or swdestinydb for ideas.

The facebook group is pretty active: https://www.facebook.com/groups/swdestiny/

Hauki
May 11, 2010

siggy2021 posted:

TTS is a free for all lawless land. The way it's set up there really is no rule enforcement, it's just a mod someone made for TTS. There is no matchmaking, you either put up a room and wait for someone to join or you join a room already up.

That being said, I play with mostly random people on TTS and I've had mostly positive experiences. I don't think I've ever run into a person that straight didn't know the rules. There have been a few instances of certain card interactions having to be explained, especially with the new set, but for the most part things go pretty smooth. It's a great platform for testing out new ideas.
Hm, alright. Like I said I've just been playing with my friend so far so I don't know how solid my grasp on the rules is. I'll check it out though, it'd be nice to have a platform to test new things on, also nice to get more games in. My local store only plays once a week(night) that I'm aware of, and I can't often/always make it.

Eh, I don't really use Facebook much and I keep my profile pretty minimal, but maybe I'll look into it if I can figure out the right privacy settings.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Edit: Sold

Deviant fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 10, 2017

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
Went 5-3 over the weekend with my Deathtrooper/eBala/TIE Pilot deck. Didn't feel great with how it performed, so I'm going to change up what I'm playing. I'm interested in Unkar, and put this together; what do you guys think?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If anyone is looking to trade Awakenings stuff, i've got tons of extra SoR stuff. I could probably just wait another month and pick up stuff in June pretty cheap, but i'd like to get at least 1 deck together in the interim. Looking for stuff for Poe/Maz and Unkar villain stuff, so things like Jabba/Crime Lord/etc.

Edit: On the Unkar talk, I was kind of thinking of going eUnkar/Tie Pilot/Tie Pilot. The two pilots give you some great chances for multiple uses of Unkars ability per turn. Kind of low health, but you have the possibility to do some incredible damage using his ability with their modifiers backed up by powerful support cards. Cards like E-Web Emplacement and Lockdown would allow you to control the battlefield, buffing your E-Web Emplacement damage, but also giving you base damage sides to use with your pilot modifier dice and almost none of it can be interacted with because of the pilot ability. Then cards like We Have Them Now to set up insane amounts of damage.

Haven't really looked into it much, but it seems like a decent little deck that could do some pretty insane amounts of damage early on.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 9, 2017

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

ShowTime posted:

If anyone is looking to trade Awakenings stuff, i've got tons of extra SoR stuff. I could probably just wait another month and pick up stuff in June pretty cheap, but i'd like to get at least 1 deck together in the interim. Looking for stuff for Poe/Maz and Unkar villain stuff, so things like Jabba/Crime Lord/etc.

I might be, but I'll need a week to see where everything lands. I'm sharing a collection with a friend to make it cheaper on us, and we just pushed all our Awakenings together so we have a lot of extras there, but I'm about to leave town for the week and he very well might do some local trading in the mean time. Regardless, here's the list of what we currently have. PM me if anything interests you.
code:
First Order Stormtrooper			2
General Grievous				1
General Veers					2
AT-ST						1
First Order TIE Fighter				2
First Order TIE Fighter (Aurebesh Promo)	8
F-11D Rifle					4
Count Dooku					1
Darth Vader (Sith Lord)				2
Kylo Ren					1
Kylo Ren (Aurebesh Promo)			1
Nightsister					2
Immobilize					1
Sith Holocron					1
Infantry Grenades				2
Speeder Bike Scout				1
Bala-Tik					3
Tusken Raider					2
Flame Thrower					1
Admiral Ackbar					2
Leia Organa					1
Poe Dameron					1
Black One					1
Scout						2
Padawan						1
Rey (w/ 2 dice each)				3
Jedi Robes					7
BB-8						6
Rey's Staff					4
Finn						2
Hired Gun					1
Padme Amidala					1
DL-44 Heavy Blaster				1
Outpost						1
DH-17 Blaster Pistol				1
IQA-11 Blaster Rifle				2
Force Throw					2
Force Training					2
Lightsaber					4
Comlink						1
Black Market					1
Cunning						1
Jetpack						2
And here's the SoR stuff we're looking for:
code:
Director Krennic	1
E-Web Emplacement	1
IG-88			1
Unkar Plutt		1
Slave I			1
Blackmail		1
U-Wing			1
Luminara Unduli		1
Obi-Wan Kenobi		1
Bowcaster		1
Maz's Goggles		2
Supply Line		2
Astromech		1
Force Speed		1
Makashi Training	1

Merauder fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 9, 2017

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
You have some things I want and I have everything on that list you need, except for the goggles and the force speed. I even have extra Krennic, Obi-Wan and IG-88 if you want elite versions of them.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Welp, got a c3po die with a smuggling freighter. Could be worse, but how do they normally handle poo poo like this?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hauki posted:

Welp, got a c3po die with a smuggling freighter. Could be worse, but how do they normally handle poo poo like this?
You contact FFG and they give you a replacement C3P0 card

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

bowmore posted:

I've been waiting since January for my replacement Datapad card, don't get your hopes up.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Benthalus posted:

I've been waiting since January for my replacement Datapad card, don't get your hopes up.

They are probably just waiting for their reprints to come in, which should be happening soon. Expected release is in June. They kind of reversed their replacement policy after launch, so I imagine they didn't have nearly the supply for replacements available that their new policy necessitated them having.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

bowmore posted:

Well I guess that means I got 3 C3P0s in one box then. I know a lot of people were saying it should sort itself out by the end of the box, but it definitely did not. Better than the reverse in any case.

I gotta say after 3 boxes, I was hoping for better distribution. I've got 5 copies of several rares now while missing a bunch of others, and still missing half a dozen uncommons too while I've opened like 6-8 copies of plenty of others.

Legendaries in this box, I got a second rocket launcher, force lightning and u-wing, plus a bowcaster, slave 1 & obi wan.

edit: so I've tried to submit the form like half a dozen times now and it keeps telling me a field needs to be filled out and will be highlighted in red - when every field is complete and nothing is highlighted. What gives?

goddamn, finally went through now after I got tired of retyping poo poo over and over and over again

Hauki fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 9, 2017

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Hauki posted:

I gotta say after 3 boxes, I was hoping for better distribution. I've got 5 copies of several rares now while missing a bunch of others, and still missing half a dozen uncommons too while I've opened like 6-8 copies of plenty of others

I noticed this too. The first two of three boxes of Awakenings I opened were almost an exact mirror of rares, and this worked out in my favor as I had opened 4 Sith Holocrons, 4 Holdout Blasters and 4 Datapads between the two. But also not a single General Veers, Count Dooku, Bala-Tik, Rebel Trooper or Scout. I still don't have a Dooku, Bala-Tik, or Trooper.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

ShowTime posted:

You have some things I want and I have everything on that list you need, except for the goggles and the force speed. I even have extra Krennic, Obi-Wan and IG-88 if you want elite versions of them.

Oh we have 1 each of those; all of those numbers are what we need to finish SoR as 2-ofs. But I'll keep you posted next week.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Here's my quick SoR tradelist/wants.

I still need a ton of stuff from Awakenings too.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Got an email first thing from asmodee saying they'd send along another c3p0 card at least, although no indication of timing.

As a side gripe, I ordered a few singles from miniature market last Thursday, and they still haven't actually shipped out, I just got a "label created" email now. I was hoping to get stuff in by Thursday so I can play in my store's event that night.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's pretty lovely that they'll send the card but not the dice. A friend opened a Palp card with a tie die so there goes $50 :v:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bottom Liner posted:

It's pretty lovely that they'll send the card but not the dice. A friend opened a Palp card with a tie die so there goes $50 :v:

It does suck, but they have to stick with one or the other.

What really sucks though is if you get a misprint. They just send a new random pack. A local dude got a misprinted Han die (I did too), and they sent him an unopened pack. It had Jedi Robes inside :sad:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

canyoneer posted:

It does suck, but they have to stick with one or the other.

What really sucks though is if you get a misprint. They just send a new random pack. A local dude got a misprinted Han die (I did too), and they sent him an unopened pack. It had Jedi Robes inside :sad:

Speaking of misprinted dice, do you guys just like look at every side and compare to the card as you open them or something? I'm not sure I would notice otherwise.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hauki posted:

Speaking of misprinted dice, do you guys just like look at every side and compare to the card as you open them or something? I'm not sure I would notice otherwise.

I only check on the legendaries.

You'll typically notice it in game though, as your duplicate side comes up on average in 1 of 3 rolls

Hauki
May 11, 2010

canyoneer posted:

I only check on the legendaries.

You'll typically notice it in game though, as your duplicate side comes up on average in 1 of 3 rolls

Fair enough. Also asmodee already mailed out the card for the mismatched die, so that's cool.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I don't have any issue with the replacement policy because it's like this in every tcg/ccg i've ever played or known. If you don't do it this way, then you open yourself up to exploitation through the replacement process, which devalues all the cards. If people could say, claim they got a Force Speed card, but the wrong die, and requested a replacement die, you'd see hundreds more Force Speed dies out there. Unfortunately cards in this game can easily be counterfeited, while dice are not. So they'd have to make the cards harder to fake in order to prevent this kind of scam and then require and enforce everyone having a matching card for their dice. They already kind of do require this, but it's not really enforced heavily and they'd have to start doing a better job of it. Either way, the entire value of a pack is effected, meaning every card in the game is effected.

So unfortunately it kind of has to be this way. If it wasn't, everyones stuff would be worth less. Some people would be ok with this, others wouldn't. For every 1 misprint, there are thousands and thousands of correct dice.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I don't know of any other games where a legendary is made up of two components that can be packaged separately and incorrectly.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That is a completely valid point, but this is still a collectible game and people like their collectibles to hold value. I don't think this will be the last game FFG makes that uses this system and the next one very well may be a LCG of some sort. For now it's better for everyone if they just improve their printing/packaging process and keep the replacement policy as is.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

WotC replaces 100% of misprint cards.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The issue with that is almost all misprint cards in MTG are worth more than their normal counterpart. So they might replace them, but most people don't request them. So while they might replace them, that is almost never requested.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

admanb posted:

WotC replaces 100% of misprint cards.

Technically so does FFG. It's just misprint dice you have to worry about apparently :pseudo:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So I'm trying to scrape together a deck for some store event tomorrow with my rey/kylo starters & my pile of SoR, looking for any suggestions. I've basically only played with my girlfriend at home to this point, so I have no idea what to expect.

Villain characters I've actually got are eKylo, eAnakin, ePalp, eUnkar, eAsajj, 1 die Bala, Aurra, IG-88, first order trooper, 2 death trooper, tie pilot, a pile of royal guards & guava enforcers. Of those I think the only realish decks are like eKylo/eAnakin or something with Palp? I don't have like any of the supporting cards from awakenings except sith holocrons and whatever came in the starters, but I've got playsets of like every blue villain/neutral card in SoR outside of force speed. I like Unkar, but I can't think of a good pairing for him with the other stuff I've got at the moment. I tried eAnakin/eUnkar at home and got trashed when she immediately focused vader down and I was left with a dude with zero damage sides.

If I go hero, I've got... eRey/Finn, eMon Mothma, eJyn, eLuminara, eSnap, and then 1 die Baze, Obi-Wan, Maz, Jedi Acolyte, several Rebel Commando. I like Maz a lot, but I also can't find a good match for her pointwise, especially with just the one die. Mostly I've just futzed around with eJyn/Rebel Commando at home, but it doesn't seem very good without holdouts, electroshock, second chance, other yellow events etc. from awakenings.

I'm gonna go dick around with lists in the meantime and see if I can come up with some more concrete ideas to solicit feedback.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Here's my first stab at a vader/kylo list, I only have 1 enrage/intimidate/lightsaber throw, otherwise I'd try to jam more.
Battlefield I wasn't really sold on. I thought about Moisture Farm first but it kinda seemed like it could backfire on me.
I wanted to try Lure of Power & Lightsaber Pike, but neither can be holocron'd out, so I cut those for other abilities. Also not that sold on the meditate package or events spread, but I don't know what else to fill those slots with, like I said I have basically no non-starter awakenings cards.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
My Luke/Rey opened up for 7 damage turn one, splattering a Padawan. I.... felt kind of bad about it, since he was running two characters. He was a good sport, though, and a fine player.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So as far as Jyn/Commando goes, are the damage sides on Overkill that much better than the utility, fewer blanks etc. of Jetpack? I'm looking over other people's random lists on db and I see a bunch of Overkills in lists and no Jetpacks so I'm wondering if I'm dumb for considering it.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Depends, usually with Jetpack you are looking to roll damage, the special can be good but that's matchup dependant. Overkill has a 4/6 chance of rolling damage, which is amazing consistency.
Secondly, red hero decks run It's a Trap which you can use with Overkill but not Jetpack and that can lead to massive blowouts.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Hauki posted:

Here's my first stab at a vader/kylo list, I only have 1 enrage/intimidate/lightsaber throw, otherwise I'd try to jam more.
Battlefield I wasn't really sold on. I thought about Moisture Farm first but it kinda seemed like it could backfire on me.
I wanted to try Lure of Power & Lightsaber Pike, but neither can be holocron'd out, so I cut those for other abilities. Also not that sold on the meditate package or events spread, but I don't know what else to fill those slots with, like I said I have basically no non-starter awakenings cards.

Is there any chance of you getting an Emperor's Throne Room Battlefield? It'd make your specials a lot more achievable.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Depends, usually with Jetpack you are looking to roll damage, the special can be good but that's matchup dependant. Overkill has a 4/6 chance of rolling damage, which is amazing consistency.
Secondly, red hero decks run It's a Trap which you can use with Overkill but not Jetpack and that can lead to massive blowouts.

Fair enough. I guess my line of thought was I've got a lot of other ranged faces on my dice both base or modifier, I'm missing second chances so shields and special are somewhat more enticing, and it has one less blank. I also don't have it's a trap, which would certainly would make a red die more useful. I think I will get two holdouts & 2 electroshocks by tonight at least.

Oh, I guess I can't publish my crappy jyn/commando list yet, some kind of time limit. I didn't feel like I had enough action cheating to go the all-in, secret facility/planetary uprising route, so I just tried to jam good/efficient weapons, lone operatives, jet packs and as much dice removal/event recursion as I could find to keep me in the game in the meantime.

HidaO-Win posted:

Is there any chance of you getting an Emperor's Throne Room Battlefield? It'd make your specials a lot more achievable.

I'm not sure if this store has destiny singles, but that's gonna be my only chance by tonight. I'll ask. Is it worthwhile jamming in something like a command shuttle? I mostly feel like supports aren't necessarily worth the extra actions to get rolling each turn, especially in a deck like that.

Barring that, I'm gonna try and do some local trading when I get a chance tonight since I didn't get much of a response online, see if there's anyone willing to do a pile of spare awakenings commons/uncommons for sor commons/uncommons and/or try to trade off my various extra sor rares to fill out other pieces I'm missing. Maybe I can get some of the awakenings battlefields that way.

Anyways I also kinda want to try ePalp but I don't have force speeds or more importantly, any of the blue events from awakenings that make the deck work, so I feel like that's kind of a mistake at this point.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

One of the issues with Vehicles is, they are super slow, you have to roll 1 single dice, possible fix the roll and then resolve the dice. In the current meta a lot of decks are resolving stuff really quickly with cheat actions, then grabbing the battlefield fast.

Vehicles have almost no "cheat" mechanics to get their results in faster so they are suffering in the current meta. The shuttle is ok, but this deck is already cash strapped and you are probably better tossing another cheap upgrade that adds a dice to one of your characters instead. I'd consider Lure of Power, I know you can't cheat it out with the Holocron but it gives you a turn one attachment and it can give you some monsters plays. Swap out the lightsabre for it maybe? The majority of you dice being 3 cost worries me a little if you don't hit your holocron.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think vehicles are fine. Currently Poe/Maz and any deck that runs Millennium Falcon seem to be doing very well and are easily Tier 1 decks. You are right in that they can be kind of slow and expensive, but there are various cheat abilities that are being used with them and they make certain ones more than playable.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

I'd consider Lure of Power, I know you can't cheat it out with the Holocron but it gives you a turn one attachment and it can give you some monsters plays. Swap out the lightsabre for it maybe? The majority of you dice being 3 cost worries me a little if you don't hit your holocron.
Fair. Yeah I was hoping enrage would help make that more consistent, but I need to trade for one or pick up a second Kylo starter I guess.

ShowTime posted:

I think vehicles are fine. Currently Poe/Maz and any deck that runs Millennium Falcon seem to be doing very well and are easily Tier 1 decks. You are right in that they can be kind of slow and expensive, but there are various cheat abilities that are being used with them and they make certain ones more than playable.

Yeah, Poe seemed like the one good exception :v: I opened two u-wings that I'd like to use, but I need to trade for or buy some poes. Still not sure they'd even fit that well.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

So I dropped lightsabres for lure of power and went back to a moisture farm to help with resources for now, do you think force lightning would be worth running over force push or force throw? Also I got 2 Deflects today as far as awakenings stuff I could throw in, I'd imagine they're better than some of my current random assortment of events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

Force Lightning is a great damage source, it's just expensive as all hell, you'll be leaning heavily on Holocron to get it out. Could well make Mediate a workhorse for you, letting you swap out a blank die for a holocron special. Dark Presence is also worth a look, you've a fair amount of discard on your characters, its pretty brutal dice control and its free.