Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

nerd_of_prey posted:

Ace attorney advice needed, I am trying to play all the games in order, loved the trilogy and am on Apollo justice but I'm just not feeling it. I'm not liking the new characters and miss the old ones, I bought it for my phone as the DS cart was expensive and I just don't enjoy the interface as much. It's just feeling like hard work.....is it going to get more enjoyable?

I am on the case with the murder at the rock concert, on the final trial part if that makes sense.

AJ is generally agreed to be the worst one in the series. You're about to finish arguably the worst single case in the series, but 4-4 isn't that much better. That said you've made it 3/4 of the way through so you might as well finish because DD and SOJ do a lot more with Apollo's character and it can benefit to know all the stuff that happens in AJ because it will be relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

AJ is generally agreed to be the worst one in the series. You're about to finish arguably the worst single case in the series, but 4-4 isn't that much better. That said you've made it 3/4 of the way through so you might as well finish because DD and SOJ do a lot more with Apollo's character and it can benefit to know all the stuff that happens in AJ because it will be relevant.

Ok thanks, good to know that I am not alone in finding AJ a bit hard work.

I have already purchased DD and SOJ so I will continue to plod through Apollo Justice!

Also, just to clarify there is nothing terribly wrong with the android version of AJ, it's just not as good as on my 3DS, I miss sleep mode, the touch screen can be annoying and oversensitive, the text speed changes randomly, sometimes it's fast, sometimes painfully slow. It also annoys me that people call and text me when I'm playing!

The worst thing is though I sometimes refer to a walkthrough on my phone whilst I'm playing for those moments when the evidence that I feel I should be presenting for whatever reason isn't making the game progress, doing this on my phone sometimes makes the app close and I have to restart it....

This is why, in my opinion, mobile games will never be better than handheld consoles! Rant over....

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I finally decided I was never going to play through all of Bravely Default (was at fire crystal), so I looked up the plot synopsis.

Jesus Christ.

BD isn't near the top of my best-of list of jrpgs, but yeah, you should have played that one through (to the "wrong" ending at least, which is the better ending imo). The title screen change got a good cackle out of me.

Bravely Second I feel like you can definitely skip, it's got a silly-rear end ending but Undertale did it better.

Last Celebration posted:

Bravely Second had way better voice acting and writing though, so it's a fair trade.

It really doesn't. It was tolerable with the Japanese voices though, just for Magnolia's variations on yelling "Good Gravy" all the time and her mush mouthed attempts at Engrish.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 7, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

nerd_of_prey posted:

Ace attorney advice needed, I am trying to play all the games in order, loved the trilogy and am on Apollo justice but I'm just not feeling it. I'm not liking the new characters and miss the old ones, I bought it for my phone as the DS cart was expensive and I just don't enjoy the interface as much. It's just feeling like hard work.....is it going to get more enjoyable?

I am on the case with the murder at the rock concert, on the final trial part if that makes sense.

Just use a walkthrough to read the story if you aren't enjoying the game.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Is there a goon recommended USB play and charge cable for a n3DS? I got one from Gamestop a while back but it charges very slowly and it doesn't charge at all while playing. I came across several on Amazon but I'm not sure which one to get. Here's the "Amazon's Choice" at the top of the list:

https://www.amazon.com/YUYIKES-Char...3ds+charger+usb

Bear in mind I would like one that would work with any USB charger or USB port if that's possible so will this one work?

Edit: This 2-pack for the same price seems like a better deal but I don't know:

https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Nintendo-AFUNTA-Charger-3m/dp/B01N90S4HO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1494175244&sr=8-10&keywords=3ds+charger+usb

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 7, 2017

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

spasticColon posted:

Is there a goon recommended USB play and charge cable for a n3DS? I got one from Gamestop a while back but it charges very slowly and it doesn't charge at all while playing. I came across several on Amazon but I'm not sure which one to get. Here's the "Amazon's Choice" at the top of the list:

https://www.amazon.com/YUYIKES-Char...3ds+charger+usb

Bear in mind I would like one that would work with any USB charger or USB port if that's possible so will this one work?

Edit: This 2-pack for the same price seems like a better deal but I don't know:

https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Nintendo-AFUNTA-Charger-3m/dp/B01N90S4HO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1494175244&sr=8-10&keywords=3ds+charger+usb

I have that exact charger cable and I love it, works great.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Variable_H posted:

I have that exact charger cable and I love it, works great.

That's good but I'm now leaning towards the 2-pack of 10ft play and charge cables for the same price.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I use this thing.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

GoodBee posted:

I use this thing.

I also use that thing.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I just now noticed amazon has a 10 foot version of that play and charge cable that you guys are using/recommending so I'll get that and it's actually a dollar cheaper but it's from a different seller so that might be why it's a bit cheaper.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GoodBee posted:

I use this thing.

I also use the antisemitic cable

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

raditts posted:

It really doesn't. It was tolerable with the Japanese voices though, just for Magnolia's variations on yelling "Good Gravy" all the time and her mush mouthed attempts at Engrish.

I get not liking either's voice acting if you're not a fan of dubs or whatever, but Yew has the best VA across both games so I'm a little confused if you think Default was okay and Second was worse.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Buca di Bepis posted:

I also use the antisemitic cable

it's Yuyikes not Yukikes.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

One last question: would it be safe to use said cable to charge up my n3DS from say a USB wall charger for an iPad or would I risk blowing up my system doing that?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 8, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

spasticColon posted:

One last question: would it be safe to use said cable to charge up my n3DS from say a USB wall charger for an iPad or would I risk blowing up my system doing that?

It'll be fine.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anywhere outside my house I always play with the sound off. I am a weird older goon who feels shame for partaking in childrens' activities.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Why don't you just wear headphones?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have never used my 3DS anywhere that isn't my home

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I spent most of a 6-hour layover playing Monster Hunter. Playing video games in public fuckin owns, actually.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Last Celebration posted:

Why don't you just wear headphones?

...because paying attention to your surroundings is important and you look like a goof? Maybe on a plane I wouldn't care.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

UltraRed posted:

...because paying attention to your surroundings is important and you look like a goof? Maybe on a plane I wouldn't care.

You can still pay attention and who cares on the second point I see people all the time wearing headphones or earbuds.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does this new Culdecept game have download play? The idea of Fortune Street with cards is extremely my poo poo, but there's no way my friends will go out and buy it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

UltraRed posted:

I guess? I mean, obviously you just read a book on your phone or some poo poo if you're waiting for your stop on the bus, but if you're on lunch you don't really need to care unless I'm missing something.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Given how popular the original Rocket Slime Adventure is in this thread, is the 3ds sequel worth picking up if I can't read a word of Japanese?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Traded in some games and got Bravely Second. Never played the first one, wish me luck.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ganbatte

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

deadly_pudding posted:

I spent most of a 6-hour layover playing Monster Hunter. Playing video games in public fuckin owns, actually.

did this a lot when i went on a trip to universal studios and i was waiting in line a ton for goin on rides / seeing shows, god bless the 3ds.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Argh, I'm replaying VLR I'm at the part where you have the coded message from the Myrmidons, and the key. I made a note of the key in the Memo pad, the game was displaying the coded message on the top screen, but when I opened the memo pad again it covered the coded message. I can't get the memo pad to stop stealing the top screen. If I open anything from the Archive it shows the message for a split second before then showing whatever I've opened from the archive. And I don't think that coded message is in any of my files or secrets. Just kind of an annoying bug.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Aargh now I want to replay VLR

on the Vita :smug:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I've been tempted to buy the Vita version a few times it's on sale, partly because it supports more than 1 save file, but also I want to loan my 3DS copy to my sister. She has 999 and I want to see her reaction to VLR. :v:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Argh, I'm replaying VLR I'm at the part where you have the coded message from the Myrmidons, and the key. I made a note of the key in the Memo pad, the game was displaying the coded message on the top screen, but when I opened the memo pad again it covered the coded message. I can't get the memo pad to stop stealing the top screen. If I open anything from the Archive it shows the message for a split second before then showing whatever I've opened from the archive. And I don't think that coded message is in any of my files or secrets. Just kind of an annoying bug.

I remember that puzzle vividly, but I don't remember the solution. I just remember it being bullshit.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

No it's easy, you just need to have the message in front of you to decode it!

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does this new Culdecept game have download play? The idea of Fortune Street with cards is extremely my poo poo, but there's no way my friends will go out and buy it.

Oh man, I hope it's good. Culdcept Saga was one of my favorite 360 games I think. That game had a really satisfying learning curve but it wasn't great about teaching you.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

Traded in some games and got Bravely Second. Never played the first one, wish me luck.

After a few hours felt out of the loop a little so I exchanged it for Bravely Default today, holla.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Fun Times! posted:

After a few hours felt out of the loop a little so I exchanged it for Bravely Default today, holla.
Fun times!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

from out of the loop to stuck in the loop.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The opening monologue of Bravely Second spoils the entire plot of Bravely Default :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fun Times! posted:

felt out of the loop

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

UltraRed posted:

I'm getting the impression that you don't spend much time outside the house at all.

Fixed it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Remember to play the bravely second demo before you play the game!