Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Also, if you awaken her Ultima, she can actually chain with it. Still non-elemental though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mischalaniouse posted:

Also, if you awaken her Ultima, she can actually chain with it. Still non-elemental though.

you can actually chain ultima with meteor :eng101:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Palleon posted:

Pulled a rainbow today, and it's Dark Fina! Not what I was hoping for, but hell, my last rainbow was Sahz and before that Lightning almost 9 months ago so I'll take it.

just curious how much money you've spent on the game

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

It's my laziness in spelling it.

Noice. :hfive:

Ghostnuke posted:

Can the dragon soloing Lightnings solo the plant as well?

They can not. Ask me how I know this. :(

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Unit info is up on the wiki.

5* dragoon is pretty vanilla in terms of design. She looks like she hits very hard though given the augmented version of her best Jump skill requires you to have used her stab ability that boosts her ATK by +80% for 3 turns.

The mage is super weird. His LB unlocks his Blood abilities, which can be dualcast, for 2 turns and which deal a boatload of single target magic damage. And synergize with Flare.

Edit: On second reading it might be that his LB unlocks the ability to dualcast his blood abilities that he otherwise could only use 1/turn.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 11, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Am I reading Zyrus' regular attack right in that it drops 12 LB crystals? Cause 24 of them when dualwielding sounds nuts.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

HGH posted:

Am I reading Zyrus' regular attack right in that it drops 12 LB crystals? Cause 24 of them when dualwielding sounds nuts.

Max possible crystals drop. Same amount as Olive and Gilgamesh, twice as much as Orlandeau, three times as much as Noctis, etc. The trend seems to be that the fewer amount of hits, the more potential crystals.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

AegisP posted:

Max possible crystals drop. Same amount as Olive and Gilgamesh, twice as much as Orlandeau, three times as much as Noctis, etc. The trend seems to be that the fewer amount of hits, the more potential crystals.

The max possible crystal drop is per hit for normal attacks. I think all 6* can drop a max of 12 crystals its just that ones with more hits has that chance split between each hit. For example Noctis's normal attack is 3 hits so each hit has a chance to drop a max of 4 each for a total of 12 crystals. No idea on what the odds are on crystal drops though.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Cry Havoc posted:

just curious how much money you've spent on the game

15-20 bucks since launch or so, including Google rewards, so probably closer to 10? Have done daily pull almost every day since it was introduced and did 11 pulls on the first Lightning banner, along with 2 for Orlandeau, one for Noctis, and one for Olive (Lightning was the only one that got me what I wanted).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
drat shame Zyrus doesn't have Meteor or Utlima. He's really lacking a good AOE which is usually the only thing the MAG damage seems to have going for it. That Hp/Mp swap is pretty great though.

Reberta seems like a decent finisher but I wish they'd made her special abilities getting rid of the jump delay on certain skills. Being unable to do anything for a turn is just death.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The mage seems to be a strong finisher with a weird gimmick. His base magic seems low comparatively against other top tier mages but the stat sheet usually doesn't take into account gear passives, which would bring it back up to other mages levels

His limit break though and how it sinergizes with the rest of his kit. Big boost to magic and allows him to cast his nukes twice. Factor in his mp convert and his passive and you have a unique caster with a lot of sustain, even if he doesn't have innate refresh

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Woo, 10 days of a free rare pull, starting tomorrow.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

KDdidit posted:

Woo, 10 days of a free rare pull, starting tomorrow.

Surprised more people aren't psyched about this. Hopefully I'll get at least 1 good unit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Looking over roselia's 6* going "Wow these all suck, no new white magics, some old rear end non flavor passive boosts to stats, at least she gets a cheap MP battery ability and wtf a sacrifice that gives the party a full refresh and strong regen. Still sucks whooooaaaaattt triple white WTF!?"

Seriously, Roselia is probably the strongest cheap 3* healer in the game in terms of pure throughput. With her passive resistances to conditions, and her enhancements giving her autorefrseh and very cheap curajas, she can output massive amount of heals for cheap. Her gimmick has and always will be her poo poo abilities to cure conditions and revive. Both of which are solved by her limit break, and she has a passive 100% boost to limit break generating.

More none healers are coming out with arise and reraise built into them, so they can pick her right up after she kills herself. So she doesnt even need her limit to bring back the entire party.

Triple edit-

ALSO NO REGRETS ABOUT GETTING TWO TRANCE TERRAS! Look at all those enhancements! Easily the top caster in the game again. Thats how you fix casters, no gimmicks necessary, just raw damage!

They give her a little bit more health, which she needed because she had no health passives. Then they give her another flat 50% magic on top of all she had before that also comes with a free 30% resistance to fire/ice/thunder. Ultima enhancements, same as D.Finas. Previous passives, her higher raw magic and magi awakening already puts her on top of D.Fina. Now look at magi awakenings, she didnt need more enhancements to make her stronger in raw damage than D.Fina, but look at that poo poo, even more magic buffs, the ability to dual cast white magic so she can double holy or double arise if she needs to AND the ability to dual cast Chaos Wave if Im reading this right!? AND CHAOS WAVE ITSELF GOT ENHANCEMENTS!? It hits even harder now and more importantly, you can cast it consecutively while awakened at full power.

If im reading this right, T.Terra is straight up one of the strongest units in the game right now. She's going to be 98-99 in altema, easily. Bar none, strongest caster in the game.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 11, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Oh awesome. My computer won't connect to the Remote Desktop for some reason. Great! Of course it would be that way while my Ludmille is at 90%...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ghostnuke posted:

Surprised more people aren't psyched about this. Hopefully I'll get at least 1 good unit.

I anticipate 10 blues, all with -aga TMs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I believe that last part is Awakening -> Enhanced Chaos Wave +2 -> True Chaos Wave or something like that.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

I anticipate 10 blues, all with -aga TMs.

1/3 Shadow, 1/3 Bedile, 1/3 Duane. The tenth will be Bedile no matter what.

There, 100% predictive algorithm for anyone wondering "will I get a good unit for free?"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

I believe that last part is Awakening -> Enhanced Chaos Wave +2 -> True Chaos Wave or something like that.

From what Im reading it, it says that the second awakening enhancements GRANTS Dual White and "Inheritance- Maduins Power" Dual White is self explanatory, Inheritance-MP allows you to double cast either chaos wave or awakened chaos wave.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

WebDO posted:

1/3 Shadow, 1/3 Bedile, 1/3 Duane. The tenth will be Bedile no matter what.

There, 100% predictive algorithm for anyone wondering "will I get a good unit for free?"

In the relatively short time I've been playing I've had 0 Shadows and only 1 Bedile. More Duanes than I can count though.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna bet on Anzelm, Clyne, and Hope for less common but still lovely pulls. The capstone pull will be the worst 4*: Rosa.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm gonna bet on Anzelm, Clyne, and Hope for less common but still lovely pulls. The capstone pull will be the worst 4*: Rosa.

Gotten 2 of those!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I got a visit from an old friend today...

FEMALE BEDILE!

I also didn't get the cool job so no whaling for the Dragon Lady. Hopefully I'll pull a couple of that Mage on dailies though, he's nifty.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

In the relatively short time I've been playing I've had 0 Shadows and only 1 Bedile. More Duanes than I can count though.

Should have kept quiet.

Now you are well overdue.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

FEMALE BEDILE!

Shedile

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I remember the last free pulls not being so bad. Got a Xiao for sure, I want to remember a Ling?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Did Nox update or something and put in a new pop up or something?

3 times today my macro has sent me into the google play store for some battle game. For 2 weeks it's run flawlessly, and starts hiccuping now?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I really wish I could tell the game to just cap certain materials. I keep forgetting to clear them out and then my macro gets stuck because i got up to 3 stacks of a bunch of common materials.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Every night or morning I delete the same materials to make room to that day's run.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Female Bedile is Rhakahan or whatever her name is

daium shame

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AegisP posted:

Each hit from a spell/ability is 1 drop check per hit, which is another reason DR chains are wonderful. That pair of Orlandus dropping tons of damage on their target are also performing a lot of LB crystal checks and if you're lucky it means they could be feeding Olive's LB (which gets more drop checks than True Shot in addition to hitting much harder).

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Triple edit-

ALSO NO REGRETS ABOUT GETTING TWO TRANCE TERRAS! Look at all those enhancements! Easily the top caster in the game again. Thats how you fix casters, no gimmicks necessary, just raw damage!

They give her a little bit more health, which she needed because she had no health passives. Then they give her another flat 50% magic on top of all she had before that also comes with a free 30% resistance to fire/ice/thunder. Ultima enhancements, same as D.Finas. Previous passives, her higher raw magic and magi awakening already puts her on top of D.Fina. Now look at magi awakenings, she didnt need more enhancements to make her stronger in raw damage than D.Fina, but look at that poo poo, even more magic buffs, the ability to dual cast white magic so she can double holy or double arise if she needs to AND the ability to dual cast Chaos Wave if Im reading this right!? AND CHAOS WAVE ITSELF GOT ENHANCEMENTS!? It hits even harder now and more importantly, you can cast it consecutively while awakened at full power.

If im reading this right, T.Terra is straight up one of the strongest units in the game right now. She's going to be 98-99 in altema, easily. Bar none, strongest caster in the game.

Yeah it looks like she can dualcast chaos wave as long as you use her mag buff first, and why wouldn't you use a 120% MAG buff?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Evil Fluffy posted:

Each hit from a spell/ability is 1 drop check per hit, which is another reason DR chains are wonderful. That pair of Orlandus dropping tons of damage on their target are also performing a lot of LB crystal checks and if you're lucky it means they could be feeding Olive's LB (which gets more drop checks than True Shot in addition to hitting much harder).

Yeah it looks like she can dualcast chaos wave as long as you use her mag buff first, and why wouldn't you use a 120% MAG buff?

That sounds bonkers and my lack of TTerras makes me sad.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

Did Nox update or something and put in a new pop up or something?

3 times today my macro has sent me into the google play store for some battle game. For 2 weeks it's run flawlessly, and starts hiccuping now?

Have you installed Nova launcher? It prevents that from happening.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I haven't, but for 2 weeks I had not 1 issue.

Now loving Nox won't even load.

What the gently caress is going on

hagie fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 12, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
MEmu has always had crash problems, but its been happening more frequently.

any updates or tinkering discovered to get rid of that?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, uh...how exactly are you supposed to kit out Marie? Just survivability and MP? Got all excited for Reberta when my daily was a rainbow, but I haven't even so much as used Marie as a friend unit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a good rule of thumb for any unit that doesn't do damage is 5k+ health and enough mana to use their abilities during however long a fight is going to be

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Shadow Raid Bahamut melts to Thundergod shenanigans.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 12, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Raid Bahamut? Pfft.

Trial Bahamut?... Ow. This is going to require thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

free summon, time for my trash blue pull. oh, of course its actually a blue crystal. oh, zidane. well all right

• Locked thread