Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it's clear from looking at the cards that Hiromu/Ospreay and Volador/KUSHIDA are the matches to decide who advances. KUSHIDA over Ospreay in the final is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Kushida getting the comeback-victory makes the most sense, but I really hope Hiromu sweeps the whole thing and gets built until WK12 as this unstoppable force in the Jr. division. That way the guy that beats him at WK (probably Kushida) gets a huge rub and Hiromu can move on to bigger things like the IC title or whatever without missing a beat.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually the intercontinental title is a smaller thing by virtue of being the second-tier belt of its division whereas the junior heavyweight title is the top belt in its

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Still hoping for the Liger victory and title reign we all so richly deserve.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Holy poo poo, Takuya Nomura's on the next Lion's Gate card! It's great to see AJPW's willing to send Aoyagi again as well. Even if it doesn't extend to normal shows I'm very glad to see NJPW working with decent sized feds again.

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/862157932867334145

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

actually the intercontinental title is a smaller thing by virtue of being the second-tier belt of its division whereas the junior heavyweight title is the top belt in its

Make Hiromu into the new Nakamura actually plz thx

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

harperdc posted:

Make Hiromu into the new Nakamura actually plz thx

unify the Jr Heavy and the HC and make the juniors fight for the IC alongside the heavies

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

make the NEVER serve its originally intended purpose and have juniors regularly compete. Give KUSHIDA a run maybe.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thauros posted:

make the NEVER serve its originally intended purpose and have juniors regularly compete. Give KUSHIDA a run maybe.

gently caress it, put some weights in KUSHIDA's pockets and have him win the G1.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

let the juniors be juniors and stop size shaming

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I say if you weigh less than 300 pounds you should be banned from competing at all! More love for the big boys!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Put Kane in the G1 2018

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Let's face it, we're all just killing time until Danielson competes in G1 2019.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

gently caress it, put some weights in KUSHIDA's pockets and have him win the G1.

make him do monster mornings every day between now and August.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Just send him on an excursion to the Dragon Gate locker room.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Skinty McEdger posted:

Just send him on an excursion to Kitamura's gym bag.

FTFY

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Bigass Moth posted:

I say if you weigh less than 300 pounds you should be banned from competing at all! More love for the big boys!

BEST OF SUPER BIGBOYZ 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave gave Okada/Fale 4 Stars which seems right and says a lot about Okada but also brings his match average down. Which also says a lot about how good Okada is right now.

Also reading Dave's case for Liger at least making the Super J Cup final and I can get behind it. Plus with Group A being such a group of death you can pull it off without taking the heat of the rest cause the group is so stacked

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave gave Okada/Fale 4 Stars which seems right and says a lot about Okada but also brings his match average down. Which also says a lot about how good Okada is right now.

He's only averaging 4.85 for the year now, moving dangerously close to always bad territory.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If there were any lingering about Okada being the best in the world (mostly from idiot WWE marks arguing for AJ) dragging Dale's bloated corpse to a 4 star match should put them to rest.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

If there were any lingering about Okada being the best in the world (mostly from idiot WWE marks arguing for AJ) dragging Dale's bloated corpse to a 4 star match should put them to rest.

Couple things:

1)Lol if you don't think AJ could drag Fale to an equally good match
2)Poeple have been calling AJ the BITW since he was IWGP champ.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

He's only averaging 4.85 for the year now, moving dangerously close to always bad territory.

Dave's not gonna let a mere 4.85 in the Hall

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Couple things:

I love AJ and yes for a while he was #1 but right now Okada is just on a different level. I don't think AJ could have gotten as good a match out of Fale

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fale is really not that bad. hell togi makabe and fale had a good match, once upon a time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Couple things:

I've been calling Okada that since I demoted Tanahashi.

I'd go with Mistico as my #2.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Fale dropped off really badly in 2016, I don't know if it's age/wear and tear or he's stopped giving a poo poo but he does not look anywhere near as good in the ring as just two years ago. Maybe he's focusing more on his dojo or something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Keep an eye on the ROH PPV tomorrow for stuff relating to NJPW future plans/moves.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Jenkem Delivery posted:

can someone change my name to Bad Luck Dale please

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Fale dropped off really badly in 2016, I don't know if it's age/wear and tear or he's stopped giving a poo poo but he does not look anywhere near as good in the ring as just two years ago. Maybe he's focusing more on his dojo or something.

as someone who works closely with him, he's working out like a mad oval office to lose weight

personally I think his power was in his bleached facial hair and he's mostly stopped doing that now

Solus fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 11, 2017

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Couple things:

I think AJ could have an equally good match, but Okada has the best in the world belt right now.

Part of me wants Okada to keep the belt and have a multi-year dynasty, but I do think from hearing about how banged up he is and how mentally and physically taxing the last year must have been that it's probably best he gets a little break from the stress of it all. Let Omega have his half year reign regardless of 2018 plans.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

checksin posted:

Please change my name to Bad Luck Rusty Shackleford.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think the business side of the switch to Omega makes all the sense, much like it did for Naito to win last year. Plus it'd make for a much better G1 if you have a beaten Okada trying to win it to get the belt back.

Even if Omega doesn't sign long term you can always just give him a few month reign than have Naito beat him.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I still think that Naito will win the G1 and Okada will win back the title in around October, but idk. Either way, I think 2018 will be the year they break the G1 cash-in losing streak.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

checksin posted:

turn left dale nooooooo the rainmaker's coming

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Solus posted:

as someone who works closely with him, he's working out like a mad oval office to lose weight

personally I think his power was in his bleached facial hair and he's mostly stopped doing that now

I'm pretty happy with his matches. He moves like a very large man which is what I expect. I mean its cool when big dudes do flips and crossfit fighting but there's something to be said about a guy that moves like he's the gravitational object the universe bends around.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bad Luck Dale vs Mr. Worldwide Kazuchika Okada

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/863195183948681216

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

oh my god, I know some people think Gabe and the UK indies are pretty dumb for working with WWE but WWE could crush them regardless of their collaboration but this seems next level dumb. Am I missing something or are ROH actively working to set up a competitor that will start with a lot more hype than they have? It's not like NJPW will need ROH once they get the ball rolling with this and if half of what rovert says about working conditions in ROH are true then surely a lot of guys would rather make this American expansion their top priority.

How are they planning to do a round robin in two days anyway?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

IWGP USA Belt -

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/863201857367408640

Not a huge fan of the design compared to the main belts. It reminds me of an old NWA belt in places but with the drat red strap

Also lol why you create more belts New Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The championship is good.

• Locked thread